PDA

View Full Version : John Does sues ethics commission and Steve Robertson

somebodyshotmypaw
07-17-2017, 04:48 PM
http://kingfish1935.blogspot.com/2017/07/john-doe-sues-ethics-commission-over.html

BeardoMSU
07-17-2017, 04:50 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/65os7odbIW6pa/giphy.gif

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-17-2017, 04:55 PM
John Does' lawyer is David Neil McCarty...a ****ing State grad. WTF?

starkvegasdawg
07-17-2017, 04:55 PM
Can he sue under the name John Doe or does he have to use his real name?

Reason2succeed
07-17-2017, 04:58 PM
Just when you thought they had stooped as low as they could....

This is how you know that this is going to be explosive. The lengths to which people will go to hide their actions is usually commiserate with the shame people concerning those actions.

Mjoelner34
07-17-2017, 05:00 PM

Steve can tell his name without repercussion can't he? After all, if you have the right to face your accuser, don't you also have the right to know his name?

SailingDawg
07-17-2017, 05:03 PM
Judge is an OM homer.

Political Hack
07-17-2017, 05:05 PM
Hey Mr. Doe, stand up and take it like a man.

Coursesuper
07-17-2017, 05:37 PM
This is just pathetic, another in a long line off attempts to fight off the inevitable. Hey y'all DPAP!!!

Lord McBuckethead
07-17-2017, 05:39 PM
What did Steve do? Steve just requested the paperwork he has a right to see, correct?

notsofarawaydawg
07-17-2017, 05:42 PM
Hey Mr. Doe, BEND OVER and take it like a man.

FIFY

Coldsleeve Jr.
07-17-2017, 05:42 PM
What did Steve do? Steve just requested the paperwork he has a right to see, correct?

Correct. Steve has not said any booster's name at all.

Liverpooldawg
07-17-2017, 05:47 PM
Just when you thought they had stooped as low as they could....

This is how you know that this is going to be explosive. The lengths to which people will go to hide their actions is usually commiserate with the shame people concerning those actions.

There has to be some really bad stuff there. It has to go way beyond the ordinary recruiting scandal.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-17-2017, 05:49 PM
He's not suing he's filed an appeal to the ruling by the ethics commission.

msbulldog
07-17-2017, 06:00 PM
IYOK always brings clarity!

Jack Lambert
07-17-2017, 06:01 PM
Can that be kept secret for ever? Sooner or later the name is going to come out. Ole Miss people are the dumbest, dumb ****s, shit head, donkey dick ****ing, bull ass licking, sheep ***** eating, dick weeds.

msbulldog
07-17-2017, 06:02 PM
Can thet be kept secret for ever? Sooner or later the name is going to come out. Ole Miss people are the dumbest, dumb ****s, shit heads donkey dick ****ing, bull ass licking, sheep ***** eating, dick weeds.

Damn Jack. I don't speak *************!

starkvegasdawg
07-17-2017, 06:03 PM
Hey Mr. Doe, stand up and take it like a man.

Yancy's giving lessons in the restroom of the shell station every night from 1:00am-3:00am.

Coldsleeve Jr.
07-17-2017, 06:05 PM
It's pretty weak and lacking teeth imo.

starkvegasdawg
07-17-2017, 06:06 PM
Damn Jack. I don't speak *************!
Reminds me of this.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pYyycrN2-7M

RocketDawg
07-17-2017, 06:14 PM
This guy really doesn't want his name revealed. Going to all lengths.

I don't understand how he can file suit without disclosing his name though. Could he be a lawyer who's already aware that such a thing can be done? And if he is a lawyer, why would exposing his name be such a terrible thing to his reputation? We don't expect much out of them ....

RocketDawg
07-17-2017, 06:15 PM

Because John Doe has money and is paying Navid Neil?

bulldogsmsu
07-17-2017, 06:16 PM
http://kingfish1935.blogspot.com/2017/07/john-doe-sues-ethics-commission-over.html

This whole ordeal is so strange. I feel like I am in the twilight zone. You can't make this stuff up.

Todd4State
07-17-2017, 06:29 PM

I don't understand how he can file suit without disclosing his name though. Could he be a lawyer who's already aware that such a thing can be done? And if he is a lawyer, why would exposing his name be such a terrible thing to his reputation? We don't expect much out of them ....

It's probably someone that would be ruined or at the very least would upset a lot of people in Mississippi if his name is released.

Or it's Archie.

RocketDawg
07-17-2017, 06:33 PM
It's probably someone that would be ruined or at the very least would upset a lot of people in Mississippi if his name is released.

Or it's Archie.

Hmm ... that's possible. I'm pretty sure it's the guy who filed the privacy thing that was thrown out though. He seems almost desperate.

I can see how it would greatly harm Archie's reputation, but not really anybody else's, unless it's the governor or supreme court judge or someone of that stature.

bobtail bob
07-17-2017, 06:37 PM
Todd4State
"Or it's Archie"

well, well ,well. Ol two face himself. If it's him or one of his hair lip sons we will never know

QuadrupleOption
07-17-2017, 06:42 PM
There has to be some really bad stuff there. It has to go way beyond the ordinary recruiting scandal.

No, everything the NCAA found and reported is in the NOA - we just don't know the names associated with each violation.

If I had to guess, it's the guy that got caught paying Student Athlete 39.

craigmid
07-17-2017, 06:46 PM
Is it ironic that I am reading this in a Taco Bell drive through?

Saltydog
07-17-2017, 07:08 PM
article.......He more than likely knows these boosters pretty well..........

Political Hack
07-17-2017, 08:32 PM
They just filed the suit in order to request a stay. It'll be granted, and honestly it should be, until the court can review what's going on and speed up the proceedings. It's a delay tactic and probably the only immediate way they can stop the release of the name, but they're running out of options. In my opinion, it just a matter of time.

ShotgunDawg
07-17-2017, 08:37 PM
They just filed the suit in order to request a stay. It'll be granted, and honestly it should be, until the court can review what's going on and speed up the proceedings. It's a delay tactic and probably the only immediate way they can stop the release of the name, but they're running out of options. In my opinion, it just a matter of time.

So why don't they release every name but his?

Also, what's the problem with Rosebowl releasing all the names himself and say, "these are the people in the NOA."

If the truth is a defense, what does he have to worry about?

gtowndawg
07-17-2017, 08:40 PM
Still, Rosebowl has to spend money to defend himself. We need to have a Rosebowl defense fund.

Political Hack
07-17-2017, 08:43 PM

Also, what's the problem with Rosebowl releasing all the names himself and say, "these are the people in the NOA."

Winning the lawsuit and having to deal with the pain in the butt for 5 years are two different things. Steve could do that, and eventually win in my opinion, but it would be a huge headache over the next several years. OR... or... or... he could just wait and let it come out in accordance with state law, much like he's doing. Patience is the right choice here. There's no need to rush this epic saga along.

PassInterference
07-17-2017, 08:44 PM

Might not be granted. They filed an appeal of the preliminary ruling and were immediately shot down so fast that they withdrew the appeal. I assume they didn't want to be on record as losing so they could try again right now.

I'd say 75% chance the appeal doesn't get heard. I think we'll get those names within 2-4 weeks.

StoneDawg
07-17-2017, 08:54 PM
If Rosebowl gets sued we need to start a go fund me page.

Political Hack
07-17-2017, 08:54 PM
Might not be granted. They filed an appeal of the preliminary ruling and were immediately shot down so fast that they withdrew the appeal. I assume they didn't want to be on record as losing so they could try again right now.

I'd say 75% chance the appeal doesn't get heard. I think we'll get those names within 2-4 weeks.

It might be that soon, but it would've been 7 days otherwise. It's the last bullet they have right now and they fired it. Makes sense. If it works, maybe they get a few weeks or months. If it doesn't, you've probably still delayed it a week or two.

parabrave
07-17-2017, 08:59 PM

heck he might be a MSU Grad who has a hot OM wife who forced him to give the goodies to the recruits. So I guess someone with maybe the initials like MW may be John Doe.***

Spiderman
07-17-2017, 09:19 PM
Wait.... Rosey's lawyer is from a firm named Langston and Lott? from Boonville? Langston from Boonville? Oh the irony

confucius say
07-17-2017, 09:26 PM

Truth is a defense to a defamation claim. John Doe is arguing he has a right to privacy that extends to not having his name made public. He is wrong. Although he does have a protected property interest under the due process clause in his lawsuit, he has no right to privacy in this context.

confucius say
07-17-2017, 09:28 PM

They withdrew the previous appeal because it was procedurally flawed. Can't appeal an ethics committee ruling until it is a final order, which happened July 14.

confucius say
07-17-2017, 09:32 PM
Wait.... Rosey's lawyer is from a firm named Langston and Lott? from Boonville? Langston from Boonville? Oh the irony

Casey is a good guy. State grad. Ole miss law school though (ha, some irony).

SailingDawg
07-17-2017, 09:37 PM

I remember a post last year where someone asked why we didn't challenge the Will Redmond situation. The response was that there was a lot more to the story than anyone knew.

I can imagine there is A LOT more to the NCAA investigation into OM athletics than any of us will ever know.

confucius say
07-17-2017, 09:37 PM
For clarity, John Doe isn't suing Steve or anybody else. He filed a notice of appeal of the ethics committee ruling. Additionally, since that appeal will not be heard in the next week (the deadline for OM to comply and release names), he filed essentially what is a preliminary injunction asking the Court to stay the release of the names until his appeal can be heard.

He most likely will get his stay, but when he does, and this is key, that in no way implies he will win his appeal. The release of the names by OM will just be stayed until John Doe's appeal is heard and decided. Hope this helps.

Mimi's Babies
07-17-2017, 09:38 PM

His name was REDACTED.... imagine that????

Mimi's Babies
07-17-2017, 09:46 PM

IN THE CHANCERY COURT OF HINDS COUNTY, MISSISSIPPI FIRST JUDICIAL DISTRICT JOHN DOE APPELLANT v. No. G2017-981 T/1 THE UNIVERSITY OF MISSISSIPPI, STEVE ROBERTSON, and________________________ (Who's name is redacted?)

APPELLEES MOTION FOR STAY OF COMMISSION?S FINAL ORDER

Turfdawg67
07-17-2017, 10:05 PM
I knew when the case was "won" that this crap would happen. Either way, I no longer go to Taco Bell.

PassInterference
07-17-2017, 10:29 PM
I remember a post last year where someone asked why we didn't challenge the Will Redmond situation. The response was that there was a lot more to the story than anyone knew.

I can imagine there is A LOT more to the NCAA investigation into OM athletics than any of us will ever know.

We went to summary disposition. That basically means you admit guilt, don't fight anything, and throw yourself at the mercy of the NCAA. You agree to take whatever medicine they give you with no appeal. Do not go to the COI, do not collect $200, go directly to jail.

HSVDawg
07-17-2017, 10:42 PM

This is what I'd like to know. There are like 15 boosters called out in the NOA. Regardless of what happens with this stay, they still have to release all the other names besides this John Doe based on the order of the Ethics Commission, unless they all file similar motions. Is this correct?

Bucky Dog
07-17-2017, 10:47 PM
MY question is the Ethics Commision gave this moron the chance to have his particular name redacted, by just telling him which booster number he was in the NOA, so why didn't he do that? He refused and led them no choice. The ethics commision said OK then release it all, including whichever number you are. So again, my belief is this is a concerted effort by all of OM to delay any release of ALL names in the NOA.

What everyone is saying is it is only going to delay the inevitable. They think by suing everyone, for free, that everyone will back down because of the potential costs of litigation to those against them. Well you see that we are all willing to back our brothers such as Rosey as our players, so good luck with that shitbirds! Click a few ads so we can continue to bring you the truth!

Bully13
07-17-2017, 11:59 PM

lmao Vegas, funny as shit.

Bully13
07-18-2017, 12:14 AM
Can that be kept secret for ever? Sooner or later the name is going to come out. Ole Miss people are the dumbest, dumb ****s, shit head, donkey dick ****ing, bull ass licking, sheep ***** eating, dick weeds.

lmao Jack. question, was that a profanity laced tirade or just sarcasm? LOL

why not just tell us how you really feel?

Bully13
07-18-2017, 12:23 AM
what do y'all think of an opinion I saw on nafoom the other day? some dude said the booster names will produce nothing exciting because the big time donors would not be on any kind of list. they donate under the radar to keep their identities unknown. sounded legit.

just trying to widen the discussion. any opinions on this opinion? thoughts?

Schultzy
07-18-2017, 02:33 AM
This is what I'd like to know. There are like 15 boosters called out in the NOA. Regardless of what happens with this stay, they still have to release all the other names besides this John Doe based on the order of the Ethics Commission, unless they all file similar motions. Is this correct?

Can all 15 boosters named take turns going through the appeals process one at a time in order to delay it another couple years or more?

These boosters have powerful friends in government who can not control the NCAA but would will let the Ethics Commission go down in flames before allowing names released and will go to the nines to do so.

Hate to be the Debbie Downer on this but I'd be very surprised if we EVAR see the names released.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-18-2017, 06:36 AM
MY question is the Ethics Commision gave this moron the chance to have his particular name redacted, by just telling him which booster number he was in the NOA, so why didn't he do that? He refused and led them no choice. The ethics commision said OK then release it all, including whichever number you are. So again, my belief is this is a concerted effort by all of OM to delay any release of ALL names in the NOA.

What everyone is saying is it is only going to delay the inevitable. They think by suing everyone, for free, that everyone will back down because of the potential costs of litigation to those against them. Well you see that we are all willing to back our brothers such as Rosey as our players, so good luck with that shitbirds! Click a few ads so we can continue to bring you the truth!

It's the ole miss way. They're doing the same thing in the Lindsey Miller lawsuit. They've changed lawyers twice and have requested and been awardees delays. No wonder this state is so far behind with their bs.

PassInterference
07-18-2017, 06:42 AM
what do y'all think of an opinion I saw on nafoom the other day? some dude said the booster names will produce nothing exciting because the big time donors would not be on any kind of list. they donate under the radar to keep their identities unknown. sounded legit.

Some of that is true. And then some boosters are in it for self importance and glory like Brad Lott taking pictures with Ross Bjork and putting them on social media.

*Brad Lott is NOT alleged to be a booster in the NOA.

PassInterference
07-18-2017, 06:45 AM
Can all 15 boosters named take turns going through the appeals process one at a time in order to delay it another couple years or more?

These boosters have powerful friends in government who can not control the NCAA but would will let the Ethics Commission go down in flames before allowing names released and will go to the nines to do so.

Hate to be the Debbie Downer on this but I'd be very surprised if we EVAR see the names released.

Probably not. The court would decline to hear them all. They'd say, "folks we already decided this...denied".

louisvilledawg
07-18-2017, 07:51 AM
Jack Lambert: "Can that be kept secret for ever? Sooner or later the name is going to come out. Ole Miss people are the dumbest, dumb ****s, shit head, donkey dick ****ing, bull ass licking, sheep ***** eating, dick weeds."

Reminds me of this.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pYyycrN2-7M

It reminds me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQXuazYI_YU

ILOATHEBears
07-18-2017, 08:46 AM
His name was REDACTED.... imagine that????

Question for u guys. If a booster even John Doe has their name on a building at OM and were to be disassociated would the name have to come of the building?

Political Hack
07-18-2017, 09:32 AM
For clarity, John Doe isn't suing Steve or anybody else. He filed a notice of appeal of the ethics committee ruling. Additionally, since that appeal will not be heard in the next week (the deadline for OM to comply and release names), he filed essentially what is a preliminary injunction asking the Court to stay the release of the names until his appeal can be heard.

He most likely will get his stay, but when he does, and this is key, that in no way implies he will win his appeal. The release of the names by OM will just be stayed until John Doe's appeal is heard and decided. Hope this helps.

That's what I tried to say. You said it better though.

Political Hack
07-18-2017, 09:33 AM
Question for u guys. If a booster even John Doe has their name on a building at OM and were to be disassociated would the name have to come of the building?

The name will be changed to the "John Doe building."*** Depends I guess, but I wouldn't think so.

ShotgunDawg
07-18-2017, 09:47 AM

That's fine with me.

I still want to know the names, not because I care who they are, but because their has to be accountability & consequences for engaging in this type of behavior.

Sure, the big name boosters may not have their name it, but, if the small time guys are exposed, then the big name boosters may have a tougher time finding small time guys to do their dirty work next time.

The releasing of the names isn't about destroying people's lives, it's about creating a deterrent so that people think twice before cheating.

LC Dawg
07-18-2017, 09:51 AM

James Vardaman advocated lynching to maintain white supremacy and after almost 100 years they are just now renaming a building with his name on it so I'm guessing they'll have no problem with a rogue booster being on a building. Hell, as much as they love recruiting up there I figure they'll at least put up a plaque on campus with all the boosters named in the NOA.

Coldsleeve Jr.
07-18-2017, 10:02 AM

This makes sense to me. I very highly doubt we're going to see Archie, Scruggs and the real money ppl named even though they may be in the background. I think the biggest name we could potentially see is cheesy gordita crunch.

Cary Hudson's little bro
07-18-2017, 11:24 AM
He's not suing he's filed an appeal to the ruling by the ethics commission.

Steve said this was likely to happen on the boneyard yesterday. They will appeal all they can. Could be delayed 12-24 months. Steve also said he has a "very good lawyer waiting on go" bc they expected this. Let the lawyers play their games now.