PDA

View Full Version : 20 Worst beers in America

BeastMan
07-17-2017, 11:53 AM
http://drinkwire.liquor.com/post/worst-rated-beers-in-the-world?utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_1859539

What else belongs on this list? I think PBR and Southpaw.

What crappy beers did you drink as a youngster? Mine were Natty, Keystone, and Southpaw. How I convinced myself they were good I'll never know

msstatelp1
07-17-2017, 12:03 PM
Falstaff, Schlitz, and Jax.

SpeckleDawg
07-17-2017, 06:55 PM
I support lazy magnolia often, but their Southern Gold is one of the worst beers I have ever tasted. I took less than two full swigs and threw all 6 in the trash. Awful.

BeastMan
07-17-2017, 07:11 PM
I support lazy magnolia often, but their Southern Gold is one of the worst beers I have ever tasted. I took less than two full swigs and threw all 6 in the trash. Awful.

Their Rebel ale was horrendous

SpeckleDawg
07-18-2017, 09:16 AM
On a positive note for them, I went and checked out their new taproom (The Porch) and it was pretty cool. Had a TimberBeast and got a crowler of Southern Hopspitality to go.

BrunswickDawg
07-18-2017, 10:42 AM
http://drinkwire.liquor.com/post/worst-rated-beers-in-the-world?utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_1859539

What else belongs on this list? I think PBR and Southpaw.

What crappy beers did you drink as a youngster? Mine were Natty, Keystone, and Southpaw. How I convinced myself they were good I'll never know

Beast Lite was the go to for some reason in my early '90s crew at State. Everyone I knew drank it. Shit was horrible, but at $9.99 a case (I think) at the Sack n' Save it was tough to beat. I would drink PBR or Dixie on party nights because no one would steal it out of your cooler. Rolling Rock was another go to if I was trying to impress a girl with my refined taste in beer.

jbjones
07-18-2017, 01:11 PM
Lucky Town Pub Ale. It's absolutely the worst beer I've ever had the misfortune of drinking. It's even worse that i paid for it.

It tasted like 12 ounces of yeast-water. Many of my so-so homebrews were superior to that swill.

On a mass-production side of things, yeah PBR definitely deserves to be near the top of the list.

parabrave
07-18-2017, 05:01 PM
Falstaff, Schlitz, and Jax.

Add Dixie and Pearl to that list.

parabrave
07-18-2017, 05:17 PM
But don't anyone dare pick Lowenbrau or Tuborg Gold. Now those were great Beers. If you want a cheap drunk 2 OBs from South Korea should do the trick.

SpeckleDawg
07-18-2017, 07:24 PM
But don't anyone dare pick Lowenbrau or Tuborg Gold. Now those were great Beers. If you want a cheap drunk 2 OBs from South Korea should do the trick.

I didn't think OB was too bad. Now Cass Light...yaaakkk. Only way to suck that down was with a little soju added to it. Those damn plastic 2 liter bottles. Ha!

parabrave
07-18-2017, 08:29 PM
Thats one thing bout OB. They came in 1.5 liter bottles. When were you in Korea? Dam I quit drinking and smoking 4 years ago but I would drik a Tuborg gold though.

TUSK
07-18-2017, 09:05 PM
Natty at #1????

List is shit.

SpeckleDawg
07-18-2017, 09:54 PM
I only ever had OB in cans. I've been there for work a few times over the last several years.

parabrave
07-18-2017, 10:28 PM
Alot of people don't know about the difference in the ach content i domestic and foreign beer. Try Sapporro beer. That will put hair on your chest.

louisvilledawg
07-25-2017, 10:18 AM
Their Rebel ale was horrendous

That southern pecan tho >>>

viverlibre
07-26-2017, 08:53 PM
Thats one thing bout OB. They came in 1.5 liter bottles. When were you in Korea? Dam I quit drinking and smoking 4 years ago but I would drik a Tuborg gold though.

1990 for me. I kept a full bottle all these years until I broke it during a move last year, still have a bottle of Korean Bud. Good ole Soju, no quality control, one bottle may knock you out or have hardly any alcohol content. I sure do miss juicy girls feeding me bulgogi.

Uncle Ruckus
07-30-2017, 02:24 PM
Beer 30. Only time I ever saw it was at Brewski's in Starkville. 30 beers for like $12 or something. God it was awful.

MabenMaroon
07-30-2017, 08:31 PM
Having spent a portion of my college years at College Station,TX, I would have had Pearl, Shiner and Lone Star on that list. Fondly called them longneck horse pis, but they were cheap and readily available.

parabrave
07-31-2017, 12:40 AM
Having spent a portion of my college years at College Station,TX, I would have had Pearl, Shiner and Lone Star on that list. Fondly called them longneck horse pis, but they were cheap and readily available.
and to think shiner bock is now a prestigious beer.

Tbonewannabe
08-29-2017, 01:54 PM
Anything Old Milwaukee is god awful. I kind of like PBR and Natty was my go to beer. Natty Ice would put you on your ass and give you a horrible headache the next day. I also didn't like Southpaw or Keystone. Those along with The Beast and The Mule tasted like it was mopped up off the floor of Rick's Cafe bathroom. I would also throw in Miller 30 packs since my roommate and I kept drinking the damn things from the convenience store because they were cheap but green as hell. I can barely stand them at all now if someone gives me one.

Howboutdemdogs
08-29-2017, 05:12 PM
Schlitz while watching Fanny
Dixie
Fat Tire