PDA

View Full Version : Listening to Mullen's press conference- Dak may indeed get the job yet

Coach34
09-16-2013, 04:02 PM
Said that anybody can lose their job at any time
Wants to see how Tyler performs after he gets cleared- he wont just be inserted back in- he will have to perform at a high level
Said Tyler was a starting QB, and now Dak is a starting QB also
Said he's never had a QB controversy- the starter wins the job in practice

I feel alot better after hearing that

maroonmania
09-16-2013, 04:09 PM
Don't get too excited, last year Cherrington was supposedly winning a starting job in practice.

Coach34
09-16-2013, 04:29 PM
Don't get too excited, last year Cherrington was supposedly winning a starting job in practice.

and Cherrington started- so I'm not sure what you are getting at....

maroonmania
09-16-2013, 04:57 PM
I'm getting at that I'm not always very confident in our staff's practice evaluations.

HIGHDOG
09-17-2013, 07:00 AM
if dan inserts tyler over dak, he'll gut his team...the players belong to dak jmho...tom

Coach 57
09-17-2013, 07:12 AM
I totally agree with HIGHDOG on here. The team now knows this is Dak's team.

AlaDawg
09-17-2013, 07:18 AM
That's the worst part of not getting one more touchdown when we had opportunities in the 2nd half (besides the loss). Had we scored one more and won Dak solidifies he's earned the job and Mullen can't justify a QB controversy. With us stalling on those drives now he can. IMHO, Dak won the job anyways. I also believe Auburn is much better than we give them credit for on defense. They may not lose but 3 games when it's all said and done. We really missed a big opportunity Saturday night.

dawgoneyall
09-17-2013, 07:45 AM
Mullen missed a big opportunity Saturday night.

Who ever would have thought the worst thing your team could have is.....the lead?

angusyoung
09-17-2013, 08:09 AM
That's the worst part of not getting one more touchdown when we had opportunities in the 2nd half (besides the loss). Had we scored one more and won Dak solidifies he's earned the job and Mullen can't justify a QB controversy. With us stalling on those drives now he can. IMHO, Dak won the job anyways. I also believe Auburn is much better than we give them credit for on defense. They may not lose but 3 games when it's all said and done. We really missed a big opportunity Saturday night.

Auburn will get smoked by LSU, A&M, Miss, Bama, UGA.

Coach34
09-17-2013, 08:18 AM

Auburn has the week off to get ready for OM. Malzahn and that O will be put 30+ on them. I have a hard time believing OM will put 40 on them with their front and EJ having two weeks to get ready to play on their home field.

CJDAWG85
09-17-2013, 08:19 AM
The fact that as of yesterday Tyler was still not cleared for contact makes me feel that Dak is getting the start. I think Tyler's injury was worse than most thought.

AlaDawg
09-17-2013, 08:42 AM

Auburn will not get smoked by Miss and Bama. Possibly lose, but not smoked. I highly doubt Miss wins at Auburn after a hard fought Bama game the week before and I wouldn't rule out Auburn upsetting UGA or A&M. Malzahn's offense is only going to improve with each game and the young defense bends but didn't break in that 3rd and 4th quarter Saturday night.

fishwater99
09-17-2013, 08:45 AM
if dan inserts tyler over dak, he'll gut his team...the players belong to dak jmho...tom

How can you say that? TR is a 5th year senior that got a concussion. Did Dak lead us to a victory over an SEC team?

Coach34
09-17-2013, 09:03 AM
How can you say that? TR is a 5th year senior that got a concussion. Did Dak lead us to a victory over an SEC team?

No but he made our offense looked alot better vs a winning team than it has in a long time

FlabLoser
09-17-2013, 09:06 AM
The fact that as of yesterday Tyler was still not cleared for contact makes me feel that Dak is getting the start. I think Tyler's injury was worse than most thought.

I never did see the knee to the head. Where on his head did the knee make contact? Was it the crown? The type of hit that compresses the neck? Possible he has a disc bulge.

PMDawg
09-17-2013, 09:09 AM
coach, I think you're a really smart guy when it comes to football, but you let your emotions get you when it comes to MSU & OM. At least to me. You predicted texas would smoke them too. I just think, unfortunately, that they are better than you want to give them credit for.

FISHDAWG
09-17-2013, 09:37 AM
glancing blow from a players knee ... didn't look bad at all ... I'm more inclined to think he got hurt in the first qtr

Coach34
09-17-2013, 09:54 AM
coach, I think you're a really smart guy when it comes to football, but you let your emotions get you when it comes to MSU & OM. At least to me. You predicted texas would smoke them too. I just think, unfortunately, that they are better than you want to give them credit for.

Did I predict Texas to beat them last week after they fired their DC and were in dissaray? I know I did before the season but I don't remember saying Texas would "smoke them" last week

msstate7
09-17-2013, 10:07 AM

OM will play auburn after bama. I think OM is gonna be sky high for bama game. Their players are young and dumb enough to believe they're gonna beat bama. Saban will send OM a message. After the tide rolls OM, the Rebs will have a letdown against auburn. OM is about to get bama, auburn, aTm, and lsu's best games. OM is the media darling and those teams won't overlook them. Also playing all those freshmen in 4 straight tough sec games could start to wear on them. I'm not saying OM won't win any of those games, but it is going to be the biggest test freeze and those freshmen have seen

Dannyripms
09-17-2013, 10:31 AM
yeah I think that hit in the first qt hurt tyler. I hope he's alright. its not his fault the coaches don't know how to coach. and as far as ole miss is concerned. they will whip auburn. a lot of people let their emotions get to their judgment. right now I honestly believe ole miss would beat us by at least 2 td's.

fishwater99
09-17-2013, 10:41 AM
The Bears will lose to Bama, A&M and LSU.. I think they beat Auburn by 10+...