PDA

View Full Version : Read this fellow bulldogs

Dannyripms
09-16-2013, 03:35 PM
http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/559675-mississippi-state-wastes-106-million-on-overrated-dan-mullen

Dan needs to be fired yesterday.

maroonmania
09-16-2013, 03:42 PM
Ridiculous article. What we pay Mullen is the going rate in the SEC even to be middle of the pack or lower. Heck, Houston Nutt was making the same or more when he got fired. I'm worried more by the fact that we don't pay assistants enough to attract the level of guys we need than I am that we pay the HC too much. The only change I would make is that I very much wish Mullen's contract was MUCH more incentive based on what he accomplishes rather than just a flat salary. My understanding is that Hugh Freeze has a largely incentive based contract.

CadaverDawg
09-16-2013, 03:46 PM
Bleacherreport sucks

Dannyripms
09-16-2013, 03:49 PM
I'm not really worried about the pay, which we should pay coaches and assistance. I'm talking about his wins and who they were against. Just trying to show these knuckle heads who say "we've been to 3 straight bowl games". He hasn't beat anyone and the writing is on the wall. He doesn't deserve the pay he's getting. When we hire HUD we should give home a base of 1.5 and the rest incentive based. But in those incentives should be based on sec wins, recruiting, etc. not just overall wins. Cause anyone can schedule cupcakes and win.

Barking 13
09-16-2013, 03:53 PM
if you read the "hot seat" article, he is 34th and the Troy coach is 36th