PDA

View Full Version : NS/OT - Drones?

West Tn Dawg
07-16-2017, 04:44 PM
I bought a GoPro Karma and after a few flights it just took off on it's on with no response from anything I did. GoPro's support has been absolutely horrible. Tried to blame it all on me, even tho I had flight logs and video proving I had no control. I have engaged in an all out slam of GoPro on any sight/forum I can find.

Anyway.........
I am considering another drone. Right now I am leaning heavily towards the Mavic Pro.
Anybody here have any experience with drones and/or recommendation on which to go with?

JDog13
07-16-2017, 04:57 PM
I bought a GoPro Karma and after a few flights it just took off on it's on with no response from anything I did. GoPro's support has been absolutely horrible. Tried to blame it all on me, even tho I had flight logs and video proving I had no control. I have engaged in an all out slam of GoPro on any sight/forum I can find.

Anyway.........
I am considering another drone. Right now I am leaning heavily towards the Mavic Pro.
Anybody here have any experience with drones and/or recommendation on which to go with?

Had the same happen to me with another brand last week at work. I'd get one that returns to its launch location if it loses connection to the controller, buy a tracker. They make small ones that you connect to the drone, and it runs off the drones battery. You can use an ap on your phone, and it will walk you to where the drone lands.

West Tn Dawg
07-16-2017, 05:06 PM
I was hitting the RTH button and everything else I could. It would not respond. I'll check into the tracker. Got any specific one in mind?

Thanks

JDog13
07-16-2017, 06:27 PM
I was hitting the RTH button and everything else I could. It would not respond. I'll check into the tracker. Got any specific one in mind?

Thanks

Yeah, when you lose communication, the oh shit button doesn't work. I'd just google best drone trackers and read reviews.