PDA

View Full Version : Whole Hog Sports on playing with Nutts

JDog13
07-16-2017, 11:41 AM
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2017/jul/14/ole-miss-should-have-known-not-test-nutt/

West Tn Dawg
07-16-2017, 12:17 PM
Good Stuff!

Mutt the Hoople
07-16-2017, 04:56 PM
Something to remember about Houston Nutt...he was a success everywhere he went as Head Coach, until he went to Ole Miss.

Arkansas was a Soap Opera of a program the whole time Nutt was there, but he led them to a couple SEC title games and had only two losing seasons in 10 years as coach.

However, he goes to Ole Miss and all of a sudden, he sucks as a coach? He's not my choice as a Head Coach, but he's not chopped liver.

PassInterference
07-16-2017, 05:04 PM
Combining Ole Miss and Arkansas, I think he went to bowl games 10 out of 14 years. Back to back Cotton Bowl was better than any coach in 50 years. Also better back-to-back postseason accomplishments than Freeze has achieved.

Arkansas was shit before Nutt got there. He made them pretty good.

Turfdawg67
07-16-2017, 05:21 PM
Something to remember about Houston Nutt...he was a success everywhere he went as Head Coach, until he went to Ole Miss.

Arkansas was a Soap Opera of a program the whole time Nutt was there, but he led them to a couple SEC title games and had only two losing seasons in 10 years as coach.

However, he goes to Ole Miss and all of a sudden, he sucks as a coach? He's not my choice as a Head Coach, but he's not chopped liver.

I think he got rich and lazy.

WPS
07-16-2017, 08:31 PM

I don't think he was a terrible coach he was just incredibly inconsistent. Come up with a huge upset out of nowhere then lose to a team he has no business losing to. He'll have a once in a decade talent like Matt Jones or Darren McFadden drop into his lap and ride them to death.

But he always had a good running game and his defenses were never that bad, at least as bad as ours is now. Some of his players could really lay the wood.