PDA

View Full Version : Hey Confederates!

Liverpooldawg
07-15-2017, 09:53 PM
The 30 for 30 Pony Excess is on. Y'all have topped it and you need to watch to get some small inkling of where you are headed.

Reason2succeed
07-15-2017, 09:59 PM
And click and ad while you're here.

Bully13
07-15-2017, 10:17 PM
damn, I've never watched this. once you do these things, the athlete really has the program by the balls.

Dawg61
07-15-2017, 10:50 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/APcFiiTrG0x2/giphy.gif

ShotgunDawg
07-15-2017, 10:58 PM
The thing that strikes me while watching this is how much more bad ass the media was back then.

True sports journalism is dead in this country. The Dallas media in the SMU case did their job.

Bully13
07-15-2017, 11:04 PM
The thing that strikes me while watching this is how much more bad ass the media was back then.

True sports journalism is dead in this country. The Dallas media in the SMU case did their job.

no shit. I couldn't believe it when that journalist broke out those post marked envelopes and handed the guilty dude the letters asking if he had written and sent them. tense. right there on live t.v.

ShotgunDawg
07-15-2017, 11:10 PM
Of note: SMU also refused to name the boosters.

SMU students actually had protests on campus damanding that the boosters names be released.

Reason2succeed
07-16-2017, 03:59 AM

SMU students actually had protests on campus damanding that the boosters names be released.

Wasn't the governor involved?

Ezsoil
07-16-2017, 08:28 AM
Yes governor Bill Clements was very involved

WSOPdawg
07-16-2017, 11:46 AM
damn, I've never watched this. once you do these things, the athlete really has the program by the balls.

Dang Bully, this is one of the best 30for30s they've done. I bet I've seen it 10 times over the years.

The crazy thing is TCUN's case appears to have more tentacles (ACT fraud, paying players, loaner cars, coaches facilitating players, booster illegalities, etc) than SMU's case.

WSOPdawg
07-16-2017, 11:48 AM

I've go a feeling that TCUN will have many students and alumni demanding accountability of university Brass and boosters when this all said and done. I'd be pissed as hell if a select few power-boosters were responsible for bringing down MSU in this fashion.

Liverpooldawg
07-16-2017, 12:55 PM

SMU is a private school. They aren't subject to public record laws.

Liverpooldawg
07-16-2017, 01:00 PM
I've go a feeling that TCUN will have many students and alumni demanding accountability of university Brass and boosters when this all said and done. I'd be pissed as hell if a select few power-boosters were responsible for bringing down MSU in this fashion.

I doubt it. I've yet to run across one that even remotely feels that way. It's mostly "everybody does it" or "it's a witch hunt against Freeze because if his faith", or "it's all MSU's fault", or "it's because we beat Bama twice." With most of them it's some sort of combination of those.

3rdGen
07-16-2017, 01:24 PM
I doubt it. I've yet to run across one that even remotely feels that way. It's mostly "everybody does it" or "it's a witch hunt against Freeze because if his faith", or "it's all MSU's fault", or "it's because we beat Bama twice." With most of them it's some sort of combination of those.

Same here. I work daily with the opposition and every time something gets brought up or levied against them he says: everybody does it, Nutt is just buthurt cause he is a terrible coach, I think bo bounds is sounding a lot like a MSU homer, etc.....
never once have I heard anything along the lines of what the hell were they thinking, we should fire freeze, our staff needs to be punished, nothing.

I would be furious if we squandered the momentum we have going right now. Yeah we are not winning the west or a natty, but it is looking up and I am enjoying it. Beat who we should beat, upset Bama(soon, like this year, haven't beat them since 07) and Lsu and start leaning into the established programs and pray that Saban gets tired of football. I would
Watched 55-20 while driving home from Dallas. It was glorious and it is truly OUR STATE!!
HAILSTATE!!