PDA

View Full Version : How Low Can They Go?

Tailgate Superstar
07-15-2017, 02:31 PM
It's time for a responsible adult to step in and stop the bleeding and end the embarrassment at OM. I've had a friend from the West Coast as well as the Midwest call me this week and ask who in the hell is in charge up there. They have reached national laughingstock level.

While I'm in favor of them being embarrassed, enough is enough. It's over. OM is going down and going down hard and everyone knows it.

Their campaign to lie to their own fans and the ridiculous attempt at blaming MSU has blown up in their face. Blood is in the water with the national media and it is only going to get worse. Someone with some sense needs to step in and clean house and start the rebuilding process. It's gonna suck but the sooner they start, the sooner it will be over. They're embarrassing Mississippi and the SEC at this point.

But then again I'm a State fan so I guess just keep doing what you're doing. It's working great.

Mimi's Babies
07-15-2017, 02:40 PM
It's time for a responsible adult to step in and stop the bleeding and end the embarrassment at OM. I've had a friend from the West Coast as well as the Midwest call me this week and ask who in the hell is in charge up there. They have reached national laughingstock level.

While I'm in favor of them being embarrassed, enough is enough. It's over. OM is going down and going down hard and everyone knows it.

Their campaign to lie to their own fans and the ridiculous attempt at blaming MSU has blown up in their face. Blood is in the water with the national media and it is only going to get worse. Someone with some sense needs to step in and clean house and start the rebuilding process. It's gonna suck but the sooner they start, the sooner it will be over. They're embarrassing Mississippi and the SEC at this point.

But then again I'm a State fan so I guess just keep doing what you're doing. It's working great.

WHERE IS IHL????? They are the ONLY ones that can stop the crap.... Unless they are involved.....

PassInterference
07-15-2017, 02:46 PM
Yeah, they are way past "will the NCAA or won't the NCAA". Their program is toxic. They are finding new lows in embarrassing themselves and ringing up legal fees.

At some point soon, a responsible party within Ole Miss or the IHL needs to step in and say "no mas".

West Tn Dawg
07-15-2017, 03:06 PM
Yeah, they are way past "will the NCAA or won't the NCAA". Their program is toxic. They are finding new lows in embarrassing themselves and ringing up legal fees.

At some point soon, a responsible party within Ole Miss or the IHL needs to step in and say "no mas".

The corruption goes all the way to the top. There is no "responsible party" at TCUN to step up. They are all involved. It will take an outside party to step in.

I have also been confused as why the SEC has been so quite in this. Maybe I missed it, but I have not seen anything from the SEC. You would think they would step in and say, enough is enough. Either get this over with or get out of the SEC!

BrunswickDawg
07-15-2017, 03:16 PM
The corruption goes all the way to the top. There is no "responsible party" at TCUN to step up. They are all involved. It will take an outside party to step in.

I have also been confused as why the SEC has been so quite in this. Maybe I missed it, but I have not seen anything from the SEC. You would think they would step in and say, enough is enough. Either get this over with or get out of the SEC!
Which gets us back to the "productive member of the SEC" during the hostage video. I think they have already been notified they are in hot water with the SEC too pending the outcome of the NCAA case.

Leeshouldveflanked
07-15-2017, 03:22 PM
Vitter is only a pawn.... he only does what he is told to do.

Churchill
07-15-2017, 03:34 PM
What we are watching is a group of people willing to sell their souls for the chance to be a big time football school. It is sadly becoming more and more apparent they simply don't have enough people among their "leadership" with the morals and courage to say enough is enough. This has truly become an indictment against their university as a whole. I'm sitting here watching and enjoying it but I seriously would have bet they had enough decent people in their ranks to never let it come to this. I was just flat wrong....thankfully.

Dawgowar
07-15-2017, 03:36 PM
Lying to that many reporters - a category of humans I loathe to be fair - and getting caught is going to hurt. I listened to Wolken talk about how he never restores any trust to a source who lies to him. Heard another reporters round table this week, three of the five had been lied to and admitted they were pissed.

Apart from their pocketed state media and Finebaum, they will soon have zero allies in the media. Lose that and they lose the ability spin. Lose the spin and thy got nothing. nada. zilch.

Me thinks we will soon see some of them turn on each other. Perhaps after a name or two gets made public?

Pollodawg
07-15-2017, 03:47 PM
Was wondering this same thing earlier. I don't even know what OM is trying to save anymore. Pride? You can't have much left. Literally all of college football is laughing at you right now. At what point is Freeze worth seeing your program set back 15 years or more. Is anybody going to step in and say they love Ole Miss more than Freeze? I have no idea what they're even trying to do anymore.

Mutt the Hoople
07-15-2017, 03:54 PM

No. Let them keep going. I'm bringing the popcorn.
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/pb-120102-popcorn-6p.jpg

Tailgate Superstar
07-15-2017, 03:56 PM
I've got quite a few family members and close friends who are OM fans and I feel sorry for them. I really can't even muster the strength to make fun of them at this point. It's just too easy.

Obviously a decision has been made by the power brokers to deceive, deflect and try to ride it out. I wonder if enough of the mid or lower level fans (as far as financial support goes) could demand responsibility and ethics at the top? Probably not.

Rejlector84sports
07-15-2017, 04:54 PM
I've got quite a few family members and close friends who are OM fans and I feel sorry for them. I really can't even muster the strength to make fun of them at this point. It's just too easy.

I can understand that. My uncle is an OM grad. My niece-in-law is also a OM grad. My nephew attended and did not finish but is also rabid. My niece's family are great people even though they have a suite at Vaught-Hemingway. My invalid aunt is living in an Oxford nursing home being cared for by her rabid OM roommate. We used to bait each other from the rivalry all the time. We aren't doing that now because I can see that these relatives are embarrassed by what's going on. I just hope that what is left when it finishes doesn't harm the MSU reputation by affiliation.

Bully13
07-15-2017, 04:56 PM

Obviously a decision has been made by the power brokers to deceive, deflect and try to ride it out. I wonder if enough of the mid or lower level fans (as far as financial support goes) could demand responsibility and ethics at the top? Probably not.

I could care less about the ones I know regarding their TSUN butt ache. if they need my help on other matters more important than football, they know they can count on me.

but regarding ole miss, they can suck my balls.

Dawgology
07-15-2017, 05:13 PM
WHERE IS IHL????? They are the ONLY ones that can stop the crap.... Unless they are involved.....

The more likely that someone(s) within the IHL are actually involved. As in, they have skin in the game and are trying to cover their ass. Can you imagine what with the ACT fraud and the money involved...you could be looking at federal level stuff (RICO laws) and it could get bad for a lot of people. This doesn't even take into account all of the rumors of organized prostitutes.

Again, just my opinion and it may not be true but it's not a good look for UM administration or the IHL. It could go sideways real fast for a lot of people.

RocketDawg
07-15-2017, 05:20 PM
Presumably a lot of the yet-to-be-identified boosters are in the upper level donor categories. When they are dissociated, and it's easy to believe they will be, OM will suffer financially since they could no longer donate.

msbulldog
07-15-2017, 05:22 PM
The more likely that someone(s) within the IHL are actually involved. As in, they have skin in the game and are trying to cover their ass. Can you imagine what with the ACT fraud and the money involved...you could be looking at federal level stuff (RICO laws) and it could get bad for a lot of people. This doesn't even take into account all of the rumors of organized prostitutes.

Again, just my opinion and it may not be true but it's not a good look for UM administration or the IHL. It could go sideways real fast for a lot of people.

Yep in about 7 days when those names are un-redacted, things are really going to get ugly for some folks.

Mimi's Babies
07-15-2017, 05:22 PM

What about all the STATE money being poured into that crap... Why hasn't the governor, senators, IHL.... anyone of these people could have done ANYTHING -- yet they have done nothing... IHL Board is hired/appointed at the will of the governor. Because of all the money involved why has Jim Hood not looked into any of this? Bring prostitutes across the state line is another issue....

State82
07-15-2017, 06:44 PM
Yep in about 7 days when those names are un-redacted, things are really going to get ugly for some folks.

That ain't happening. You can rest assured.