PDA

View Full Version : October 14th vs BYU is During Cowboys Bye Week

ShotgunDawg
07-15-2017, 10:40 AM
Would this game be a great time to put Dak's name on the facade of the stadium or is it too soon?

Additionally, the Eagles play that Thursday night and we could add Fletcher at the same time. Eagles off week is the weekend we play Bama

Dawg61
07-15-2017, 10:54 AM
Great game to wear our new MSU "Cowboys" uniforms

HSVDawg
07-15-2017, 11:04 AM
Would this game be a great time to put Dak's name on the facade of the stadium or is it too soon?

Additionally, the Eagles play that Thursday night and we could add Fletcher at the same time. Eagles off week is the weekend we play Bama

Dak, yes. Fletcher, meh. He was a great player for us and has been great in the pros early in his career, but I'm not sure he is "ring of honor" worthy quite yet. I think the biggest part of the Ring is someone has to have been an absolutely transcendent player, coach, or other (in Jack's case) while at MSU, not while in the pros. If you put Fletcher up there you have to start talking about adding Chris Jones, B-Mac, Pork Chop Womack, and others who may not be quite on that elite level of MSU lore.

Tbonewannabe
07-15-2017, 11:28 AM
Dak, yes. Fletcher, meh. He was a great player for us and has been great in the pros early in his career, but I'm not sure he is "ring of honor" worthy quite yet. I think the biggest part of the Ring is someone has to have been an absolutely transcendent player, coach, or other (in Jack's case) while at MSU, not while in the pros. If you put Fletcher up there you have to start talking about adding Chris Jones, B-Mac, Pork Chop Womack, and others who may not be quite on that elite level of MSU lore.

I agree. Dak finished with 36 records at MSU and I don't know if Fletcher has any records. Someone who leaves early would have to make a huge impact at MSU during those 3 years. Banks would be a more likely candidate for what he did at MSU than Cox.

klong-dog
07-15-2017, 11:53 AM
He's only richest DL in the NFL. But yeah, in a way I see both sides.

HSVDawg
07-15-2017, 12:11 PM
He's only richest DL in the NFL. But yeah, in a way I see both sides.

Tommy Kelly was once the richest DL in the NFL too. Just sayin'