PDA

View Full Version : New director of baseball operations

FlytheW3
07-15-2017, 09:23 AM
Former diamond dawg Trevor Fitts is the new director of baseball operations at State.

Bully13
07-15-2017, 10:22 AM
ok, would be nice to know what this position entails and what Trevor's been doing lately. I'm sure it's a good thing and Cohen and our HC are doing good work.

welcome aboard Trevor!

wmccgc
07-15-2017, 11:00 AM
Does a great presentation about beards.

Todd4State
07-15-2017, 01:47 PM
ok, would be nice to know what this position entails and what Trevor's been doing lately. I'm sure it's a good thing and Cohen and our HC are doing good work.

welcome aboard Trevor!

It's stuff like scheduling games and coordinating things between our team and other teams. Travel arrangements for our team when we go on the road, etc.

RocketDawg
07-15-2017, 04:03 PM
It's stuff like scheduling games and coordinating things between our team and other teams. Travel arrangements for our team when we go on the road, etc.

Being "Director of Baseball (or Football) Operations" sounds like he runs the team. Job titles can be misleading.

Todd4State
07-15-2017, 04:06 PM
Being "Director of Baseball (or Football) Operations" sounds like he runs the team. Job titles can be misleading.

I never saw it that way but it is an official sounding title. Basically he does the stuff for the head coach so that the coach can focus on the team.

bulldogcountry1
07-15-2017, 06:58 PM
Who previously held this position?

Todd4State
07-15-2017, 07:30 PM
Who previously held this position?

Lee Van Horn. It sounds like Cohen promoted Van Horn to the AD doing some of the things that Scott Wetherbee was doing. Wetherbee was the Associate AD in charge of baseball FWIW too. My guess is Van Horn will still be doing some baseball related things.

I seen it dawg
07-16-2017, 08:54 AM
While appreciate giving good bulldogs jobs in the athletic dept we better be getting some really competent people to fill some spots. Wetherbee was outstanding and I'm sorry but if we just put Van Horn in his spot our AD needs to be reigned in. We need high quality people not just good ole Bulldogs. In today's time it doesn't work.

Meanwhile congrats to Trevor. Climbing the ladder of coaching.