PDA

View Full Version : Receivers

AROB44
09-16-2013, 02:59 PM
I need some help from those that are more knowledgeable than me. We signed several receivers that were between 6'2" and 6'5". One of them (Chappelle) is a juco. That being said.....why is our primary receiver a dwarf (Jameon Lewis)? Just doesn't make sense to me.

CadaverDawg
09-16-2013, 03:07 PM
I need some help from those that are more knowledgeable than me. We signed several receivers that were between 6'2" and 6'5". One of them (Chappelle) is a juco. That being said.....why is our primary receiver a dwarf (Jameon Lewis)? Just doesn't make sense to me.

Same reason Bumphis was our primary receiver...he gets open more. Plus, he is a slot guy so it is usually easier to get him the ball. And he has break away speed so he can turn a short catch into a long TD. Several reasons, but mainly just because he is open and is a playmaker. Same reason he returns kicks and punts

bocfarm
09-16-2013, 03:10 PM
Where the hell has Chappelle been?

CadaverDawg
09-16-2013, 03:21 PM
Where the hell has Chappelle been?

Sitting on the bench by our playmakers while Morrow is getting jump ball opportunities.

AROB44
09-16-2013, 03:22 PM
OK...thanks.

FISHDAWG
09-16-2013, 03:59 PM
I saw Chappelle several times Saturday ... nothing of note so far

archdog
09-16-2013, 09:39 PM
Why don't we line Chappelle, Ross, or D Wilson up in the slot? Work for a missmatch? It may lead to points?

chef dixon
09-16-2013, 09:41 PM
I would like to see 1 guy emerge and become someone we can go to when we need a play. We are spreading it across the board but it'd be nice to have "that guy" that most good teams have.

msstate7
09-16-2013, 09:41 PM
Why don't we line Chappelle, Ross, or D Wilson up in the slot? Work for a missmatch? It may lead to points?

Line Malcolm Johnson in the slot. Too big for corner and too fast for a lb

thf24
09-16-2013, 09:55 PM
Line Malcolm Johnson in the slot. Too big for corner and too fast for a lb

I'd lean more towards lining him up tight opposite the slot then motioning him out wide, similar to how Dallas Clark was used in Indy's offense under Manning. Sets up the mismatch while keeping Tubby on the field.

And I'm guessing we're not using Wilson more because he can't run the whole playbook yet, but I'd at least like to see him inserted in place of Morrow if we're going to throw a jump ball downfield. His high school highlights indicate that's his forte, yet we're still running that route with Morrow who's just now demonstrating he can hold onto a wide open throw.

msstate7
09-16-2013, 09:57 PM
I'd lean more towards lining him up tight opposite the slot then motioning him out wide, similar to how Dallas Clark was used in Indy's offense under Manning. Sets up the mismatch while keeping Tubby on the field.

Whatever gets him a free break at the LOS. I don't think Malcolm is very tough, but he could be a dangerous receiving te

Dannyripms
09-16-2013, 10:43 PM
Don't talk about short recievers, most of your best recievers aren't the tallest. Look at boy from Carolina panthers. Most have more speed thus get open more, plus they are able to cut faster. I don't think Jerry rice all that tall. 6' - 6'2?

msstate7
09-16-2013, 10:48 PM
Don't talk about short recievers, most of your best recievers aren't the tallest. Look at boy from Carolina panthers. Most have more speed thus get open more, plus they are able to cut faster. I don't think Jerry rice all that tall. 6' - 6'2?

You know what made Jerry rice great? His work ethic. He perfected route running and kept himself in great shape. Jerry had talent, but he got every ounce of out by preparing himself. I seriously doubt our wr's have that drive