PDA

View Full Version : OMG.... Paulllllllllllll just blasted Houston Nutt

Mimi's Babies
07-14-2017, 05:24 PM
As bad as it is... Paul Finebaum just blasted Houston Nutt. 5:20 pm.... on today's show......

HOW STUPID can one be????????

Bucky Dog
07-14-2017, 05:27 PM
As bad as it is... Paul just blasted Houston Nutt. 5:20 pm.... on today's show......

HOW STUPID can one be????????

Paul who?!!!!

PassInterference
07-14-2017, 05:31 PM
Paul and Hugh have the same agent, Jimmy Sexton.

Sexton is about to see one of his clients forced out of college football.

Perpetual Underachiever
07-14-2017, 05:43 PM
Not sure why, but I'm listening for the first time in over a year today. Good God, his defense of Hugh is absolutely ridiculous. He doesn't even try to be objective when it comes to Hugh. No is no logic based argument in defense of Freeze, OM, or their behavior during the investigation.

msstate7
07-14-2017, 05:51 PM

If this really is Paul's reasoning, that's sad. Not like Paul's garbage show is gonna save hugh anyway. Anytime I feel like listening to a bunch of idiots argue, I'll just watch Maury povich

Bothrops
07-14-2017, 05:54 PM
Told y'all about Paul

Mimi's Babies
07-14-2017, 05:58 PM
Not sure why, but I'm listening for the first time in over a year today. Good God, his defense of Hugh is absolutely ridiculous. He doesn't even try to be objective when it comes to Hugh. No is no logic based argument in defense of Freeze, OM, or their behavior during the investigation.

I thought that I was the ONLY one thinking the very same thing.... Houston Nutt's lawsuit is concerning CONTRACTUAL LAW.... A contract between Nutt and OM that was signed by ALL Parties when NUTT left OM.... Give it up OM......

Perpetual Underachiever
07-14-2017, 06:26 PM

IMO the Sexton connection has very little to do with Pawls opinion on Freeze. They have possibly gotten to know each other better as a result of having the same agent, but Pawl's arguments in Freeze defense are on a personal level. In short, Pawl just really likes Hugh and truly believes that he is a man of character and integrity (LOL, see his new definition of integrity).

Having played football for Hugh, I can speak to his ability to win people over with his "Godly, Country Boy, Lovable Loser" shtick. He is essentially the highest paid snake oil salesman in the country, and after listening today it is clear that Pawl's a firm believer in the healing powers of snake oil.

Once the penalties are handed down, lawsuits settled, and he is back to being an unemployed HS volleyball coach he will be quickly forgotten. He's a flash in the pan, and those that defend him now will be some of the quickest to forget him.

Mimi's Babies
07-14-2017, 07:13 PM
INTEGRITY starts with the letter I....

When I look at the definition of integrity, it’s defined as a “concept of consistency of actions, values, methods, measures, principles, expectations, and outcomes. In ethics, integrity is regarded as the honesty and truthfulness or accuracy of one’s actions.”

Let me call out the key words in this definition that are often missed. Consistency. honesty, and truthfulness or accuracy of one’s actions.

Consistency is about being the same regardless of the situation. For example, do you know of leaders whose mood changes by the day and make rash decisions on certain days, yet calm and engaging on other days? This would be an example of inconsistency of actions and outcomes.

Consistency is a choice that we make as leaders every single day, even when the situation or environment is not great. If you just had an argument with someone before walking into your next meeting, consistency means that you will make a conscious choice to shift gears and release yourself from the negativity of the last conversation and not bring that to the next meeting.

Honesty or accuracy of one’s actions requires intentionality and thought. How honest or accurate are your behaviors, actions, and words with other people that you lead? I was at a meeting recently with a CEO who cares deeply about values yet is out of integrity because there is a lack of honesty and authenticity in how he behaves. While he says that he cares about teamwork, he doesn’t listen to others and gets defensive when challenged with different views. He believes in creating a culture of love but publicly berates and belittles junior employees.
Integrity stems from the Latin word ‘integer’ which means whole and complete. So integrity requires an inner sense of ‘wholeness’ and consistency of character. When you are in integrity, people should be able to visibly see it through your actions, words, decisions, methods, and outcomes. When you are ‘whole’ and consistent, there is only one you. You bring that same you wherever you are, regardless of the circumstance. You don’t leave parts of yourself behind. You don’t have a ‘work you,’ a ‘family you,’ and a ‘social you.’ You are YOU all the time.

Given the real definition of integrity, we recognize that it is actually extremely difficult to be in integrity 100% of the time. We aspire to be in integrity with what we believe but sometimes, we mess up. Sometimes, our emotions get the best of us and we are unable to intentionally manage our behavior and actions. Sometimes, we don’t give ourselves permission to be our true selves out of fear of what others may think or due to an inability to truly ‘integrate’ the various parts of ourselves into ONE, complete WHOLE person.

So, what does it take to be someone who leads with integrity? Consciousness and choice. I believe that there are at least 6 things that great leaders choose to do to be on a journey towards greater integrity:

1) Understands the true definition of integrity (hopefully after this post, you will be able to check this box).

2) Intentionally reflects on what to say, how to behave, how to make decisions in a way that is reflective of his/her values and beliefs.

3) Is the same authentic person regardless of the situation. You can meet this leader with their family, friends, church, or at a boardroom, and you will see a consistency in behavior, actions, and words. You will recognize this person no matter what environment he/she is in.

4) Recognizes the impact that he/she has on others. This leader is conscious of how his/her behavior and words impacts those around them intentionally and often times, unintentionally. So when this leader behaves in a way that is out of integrity, he/she stops, acknowledges, apologizes, and corrects course. This requires humility, authenticity, and ‘others-centeredness’ as you need to ‘see’ how others are responding to you.

5) Actively focuses on the development of character and wholeness. This leader spends time intentionally on this area through various areas, such as reading, getting coached, listening to the counsel of others, going to leadership development courses, and reflecting on how to develop character.

6) Enrolls others to be on the same journey. This leader aims to walk in integrity and as others see that, they are drawn to this. They can have confidence in this leader with the belief that this leader will do what he/she says and believes. They are able to inspire others to be on the same journey of lifelong pursuit of ‘wholeness’ and ultimately, INTEGRITY.

When I see people who really have integrity, I recognize it. Don’t you? I hope that I can enroll you to join me on this journey by starting with understanding the true definition of integrity.

copied: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/soyoung-kang/the-true-meaning-of-integ_b_11273420.html

MaroonState
07-14-2017, 09:06 PM
IMO the Sexton connection has very little to do with Pawls opinion on Freeze. They have possibly gotten to know each other better as a result of having the same agent, but Pawl's arguments in Freeze defense are on a personal level. In short, Pawl just really likes Hugh and truly believes that he is a man of character and integrity (LOL, see his new definition of integrity).

Having played football for Hugh, I can speak to his ability to win people over with his "Godly, Country Boy, Lovable Loser" shtick. He is essentially the highest paid snake oil salesman in the country, and after listening today it is clear that Pawl's a firm believer in the healing powers of snake oil.

Once the penalties are handed down, lawsuits settled, and he is back to being an unemployed HS volleyball coach he will be quickly forgotten. He's a flash in the pan, and those that defend him now will be some of the quickest to forget him.

You played football for Freeze? Inquiring minds want to know.

Bully13
07-14-2017, 09:11 PM
You played football for Freeze? Inquiring minds want to know.

hear hear, interesting. would like to hear more about that.

Perpetual Underachiever
07-14-2017, 09:37 PM
hear hear, interesting. would like to hear more about that.

HS ball at Briarcrest. Nothing to hear.

DancingRabbit
07-14-2017, 09:45 PM
Paul grew up in Memphis and apparently still has many connections there.

There may be some personal connections besides Sexton.

Spiderman
07-14-2017, 10:18 PM

Uhhh, yes there is. I , and everyone who ever played HS football, has a ton of stories of their coach.

Do you think he is sincere? Do you think he can coach? Do you think he is capable of basically being a sociopath, which unless he actually IS innocent, he would have to be to keep up the front he is?

Plus there's bound to be just regular ole stories. I had a coach puke in his hat once, and forfeit a damn baseball game because he was cold.

Bully13
07-14-2017, 10:21 PM

You could throw us a bone or two though, right? be careful though, the ambulance chasers in oxfart are on the prowl.

LOL, understand if you don't wan't to elaborate further though. thanks for sharing the briarcrest history though sir.

btw, I lived in Memphis for 12 years, right there at poplar pike extended at the highway where the tall green colored hilton sits, is it still there?

msbulldog
07-15-2017, 07:16 AM
Rather than listen to Pawwwl, I went back to the podcast of the B&B show on BSR from Thursday. Hadad and Brandon Walker are making fun of the Nutt Case thing. It is hilarious, well worth the listen.