PDA

View Full Version : Scott Sallach twitter

HaggardDawg
07-14-2017, 01:28 PM
Airing his grievances in twitter with this.

"I am not pursuing other opportunities. I am good coach and wasn't wanted where I was. I'm unemployed and hoping to somehow support my family."

WinningIsRelentless
07-14-2017, 01:30 PM
Ole miss might need a few coaches soon. Put that application in buddy

Tbonewannabe
07-14-2017, 01:32 PM

"I am not pursuing other opportunities. I am good coach and below average SEC recruiterwasn't wanted where I was. I'm unemployed and hoping to somehow support my family."

fixed it for him

Perpetual Underachiever
07-14-2017, 01:43 PM
Dumbass. You just made yourself a lot less employable. Your immature move to publicly whine about getting fired will likely cost you multiple interviews. GTFO

Irondawg
07-14-2017, 01:43 PM
sorry is apparently ended poorly for him but that's not the kind of stuff that gets you hired elsewhere

mparkerfd20
07-14-2017, 01:44 PM
What a dubmass.

TrapGame
07-14-2017, 01:48 PM
Sounds like he wanted to ride Dan's coattails for a few more years. I hope this is a sign that friends are on the chopping block if recruiting and coaching ain't up to snuff.

Tbonewannabe
07-14-2017, 01:52 PM
Hopefully Hev's buttcheeks just tightened up. Have to recruit to stay afloat in the SEC.

mstatefan91
07-14-2017, 02:00 PM
Why in the hell would you post something like that?

And as someone has pointed out, he will be pursuing other opportunities. He as much says so in his own tweet after saying he isn't.... Gracious

fader2103
07-14-2017, 02:02 PM
wow, my respect level for him dropped quickly. Do you think he had a falling out with ole Danny or Cohen?

bostondawg
07-14-2017, 02:04 PM
Is that what we believe this was about? Honest question. Seems like as director of player personnel, he's very responsible for our recruiting (which has been sub-par). If that's the case, glad to see Dan recognizing that.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-14-2017, 02:07 PM
Is that what we believe this was about? Honest question. Seems like as director of player personnel, he's very responsible for our recruiting (which has been sub-par). If that's the case, glad to see Dan recognizing that.

He's been DOP for like 5 months.

yjnkdawg
07-14-2017, 02:08 PM
Burning bridges never is a good thing especially when you are looking for future employment. I have never seen a coach put something like that out on social media. Not a good move at all.

bostondawg
07-14-2017, 02:11 PM
He's been DOP for like 5 months.

Of course. So then what is this about?

Ifyouonlyknew
07-14-2017, 02:14 PM
Of course. So then what is this about?

He wants to coach which is understandable. However don't say you are unemployed because we gave you a very good job still making good money. He decided he wanted to keep coaching which is cool but he should've said that once he was reassigned not 5 months later trying to make it look like something it wasn't.

Cooterpoot
07-14-2017, 02:34 PM
Ron Polk will get him straight on Twitter

bostondawg
07-14-2017, 02:35 PM
He wants to coach which is understandable. However don't say you are unemployed because we gave you a very good job still making good money. He decided he wanted to keep coaching which is cool but he should've said that once he was reassigned not 5 months later trying to make it look like something it wasn't.

Of course, I understand he's making himself look like an ass here. I was referring to why we first moved him to DOP and then finally released him. Did we feel his coaching or recruiting was subpar? His recruiting profile on 247 looks abysmal.

Steakonastick
07-14-2017, 02:42 PM
I sure never heard any recruits say they liked state because of him. If you can't recruit you better be a hell of a position coach. On top of that he coached the easiest position to put a recruiter. Just tell your tightends to spend their time with the o-line and wr coach.

Dawg61
07-14-2017, 02:57 PM
Love how he all of a sudden can't support his family, where'd that severance go?

ShotgunDawg
07-14-2017, 03:00 PM
Love how he all of a sudden can't support his family, where'd that severance go?

No severance because he wasn't fired. He quit

Also, assistant coaches are typically on 1 year contracts. Severances are only reserved for people on multi year contracts.

He always struck me as too serious to coach college football.

Dawg61
07-14-2017, 03:02 PM
No severance because he wasn't fired. He quit

He always struck me as too serious to coach college football.

Then he shoulda been saving carrots for the last 5 months

basedog
07-14-2017, 03:06 PM
Well C34 was looking for an offensive line Coach***

Todd4State
07-14-2017, 03:20 PM
Let this be a lesson to everyone- many times the only way a business or potential employer will know that you have been fired is you offer up the information that you were fired yourself. And airing it out on Twitter is not a good move.

In fact a lot of businesses won't tell other businesses why you left and will only offer up your date of hire and job title to confirm to other potential employers that what you put on your resume' and application are correct

Using the term to persue other opportunities is a good thing to put on a job application of you have been fired because it's true whether it was something that you were willingly looking to persue or not. MSU tried to help him out and he burned himself.

Todd4State
07-14-2017, 03:23 PM
Then he shoulda been saving carrots for the last 5 months

If he indeed quit on his own he should have just kept the job he had because that would have given him and his family income, retirement, and insurance.

He could always find a job he wants later.

NCDawg
07-14-2017, 03:24 PM
Hopefully Hev's buttcheeks just tightened up. Have to recruit to stay afloat in the SEC.

After all these years, our "Co Offensive Coordinator, Offensive Line" coach is probably not in any danger. Mullen apparently forgives any of his shortcomings due to devoted friendship.

Bass Chaser
07-14-2017, 03:27 PM
Wasn't he Dan's roommate in college?

fader2103
07-14-2017, 03:45 PM
He has deleted the comment!

Turfdawg67
07-14-2017, 03:46 PM
Hope there's not more to this...

Todd4State
07-14-2017, 03:48 PM

That's the best move he made all day.

Tbonewannabe
07-14-2017, 04:01 PM
Let this be a lesson to everyone- many times the only way a business or potential employer will know that you have been fired is you offer up the information that you were fired yourself. And airing it out on Twitter is not a good move.

In fact a lot of businesses won't tell other businesses why you left and will only offer up your date of hire and job title to confirm to other potential employers that what you put on your resume' and application are correct

Using the term to persue other opportunities is a good thing to put on a job application of you have been fired because it's true whether it was something that you were willingly looking to persue or not. MSU tried to help him out and he burned himself.

Legally, I believe an employer can't share anything other than dates worked. Any type of comments made about a person's work is probably considered opinion and can open the business up to a lawsuit if it prevents the former employee from getting a job.

MadDawg
07-14-2017, 04:05 PM
Legally, I believe an employer can't share anything other than dates worked. Any type of comments made about a person's work is probably considered opinion and can open the business up to a lawsuit if it prevents the former employee from getting a job.

Bingo.

Doggie_Style
07-14-2017, 04:18 PM
If he indeed quit on his own he should have just kept the job he had because that would have given him and his family income, retirement, and insurance.

He could always find a job he wants later.

I don't think he quit, it's a lot easier to find a new job while you still have one.

LC Dawg
07-14-2017, 04:27 PM

He must have sobered up.

MSUDawg99
07-14-2017, 04:31 PM
He must have sobered up.

Well apparently not. He's at it again. It's so awkward & uncomfortable.

https://twitter.com/CoachSallach/status/885971137238380545

ScoobaDawg
07-14-2017, 04:40 PM
Yes he deleted it... but it shall live forever..

https://s26.postimg.org/5x8ntq3zd/scott_sallach_deleted_tweet.jpg

Bothrops
07-14-2017, 04:42 PM
I was hoping this wasn't him.

Anyway, there are 127 other D-I programs to look for jobs. Things could be worse..

Liverpooldawg
07-14-2017, 06:14 PM

This is absolutely correct.

RocketDawg
07-14-2017, 06:40 PM
Bingo.

How would getting fired be an opinion? Seems like it'd be a fact to me.

Lumpy Chucklelips
07-14-2017, 07:24 PM
OM fans already tweeting him to spill the beans on the immunity deal and Dan getting them to lie, etc. One even wrote they'd pay top dollar! That, I do believe.

Spiderman
07-14-2017, 10:30 PM

"I am not pursuing other opportunities. I am good coach and wasn't wanted where I was. I'm unemployed and hoping to somehow support my family."

Whoa, and that's Mullen's boy

Todd4State
07-14-2017, 11:52 PM
How would getting fired be an opinion? Seems like it'd be a fact to me.

Reason for being fired is the opinion. In others words, if an employee is "bad at their job" and thus the reason why that person was fired- that's an opinion of the employee's previous employer. That may or may not be the case or reality though. It could be that the boss was an asshole or had unreasonable expectations.