PDA

View Full Version : Ethics Commission rules booster names must be released

Bucky Dog
07-14-2017, 07:32 AM
This morning at 10 I believe in Jackson. I have a friend headed down to sit with Rosey. What's the expected outcome?

Reason2succeed
07-14-2017, 07:35 AM
If it was a real honest ethics commission they would find that no at OM has any ethics. Case closed.***

msstatelp1
07-14-2017, 08:10 AM
This morning at 10 I believe in Jackson. I have a friend headed down to sit with Rosey. What's the expected outcome?

I think Steve expects to win but also expects the guy that filed suit earlier to refile it to stop release of the names. If that happens you know OM won't release the names.

Mimi's Babies
07-14-2017, 08:22 AM
The question is WHO is blocking the information from coming forward. It would appear to me that the said person would have to show his face today in this meeting..... Steve is going to be awarded the WIN just HOW long it will take to get the names is another question.....

OM fans keep drinking from the red solo cup.....

How deep is the well that the OM Boosters, fans, employees etc... keep digging?

Martianlander
07-14-2017, 08:27 AM
The Mississippi ethics commission reminds me of the old Smothers Brothers joke.
A suitcase of ethics was left on the Washington DC Capitol steps. It was found and opened, but no one in Washington knew what it was.

Cooterpoot
07-14-2017, 08:52 AM
The commission is influenced very heavily by OM. I doubt anything happens.

MadDawg
07-14-2017, 09:26 AM
The ole miss administration has already proven they don't really have any desire to follow rules, regulations or even state laws. And they know they have enough good ole boys in state government to protect them from any real consequences. Effectively makes the Ethics Commission a joke.

Bucky Dog
07-14-2017, 09:34 AM
Yes it's become a joke at this point. We will probably hear there is delay because X, or a motion has been filed and blah blah blah. It will be interesting to see the reaction from Steve and others who are going as tax paying citizens of this state.

Mimi's Babies
07-14-2017, 09:53 AM
HEAR YE, HEAR YE.... go to Steve's twitter account....

Steve Robertson‏Verified account @ScoutSteveR 8m8 minutes ago
More
There is blood in the water and the sharks are circling.

Bucky Dog
07-14-2017, 10:18 AM
Yes it's seems to be getting very interesting.

PMDawg
07-14-2017, 10:35 AM
HEAR YE, HEAR YE.... go to Steve's twitter account....

Steve Robertson‏Verified account @ScoutSteveR 8m8 minutes ago
More
There is blood in the water and the sharks are circling.

And of course Barrett Sallee is right there to defend Ole Miss while sniffing their jock.

bostondawg
07-14-2017, 10:36 AM
Per Steve Robertson on twitter: https://twitter.com/ScoutSteveR/status/885884708076257280

Included photo:

https://s10.postimg.org/u3ipgv5s9/DEt_Lb3_VVw_AAEHt-.jpg

dogshiek
07-14-2017, 10:42 AM
Rosebowl is da man!

bostondawg
07-14-2017, 10:44 AM
Once Oxford becomes the new state penitentiary, a statue of Steve should be erected outside the old Vaught-Hemingway.

In all seriousness, though: these names coming out is going to rock a lot of Mississippi businesses and positions. Be aware of that.

bulldogsmsu
07-14-2017, 10:46 AM
Sweet!

Wet Dawg
07-14-2017, 10:49 AM
Once Oxford becomes the new state penitentiary, a statue of Steve should be erected outside the old Vaught-Hemingway.

In all seriousness, though: these names coming out is going to rock a lot of Mississippi businesses and positions. Be aware of that.

That's all I ever wanted!! We need to expose the corruption! F@ck those asshats

West Tn Dawg
07-14-2017, 10:50 AM
One word bothers me.........
They say the ethics committee "SHOULD" order! To me that doesn't say they "SHALL". Big difference!
In our contracts "SHOULD" means it is recommended and "SHALL" means it is mandatory.

Mimi's Babies
07-14-2017, 10:50 AM
FERPA LAW WINS AGAIN

Only parties with a right to privacy in this matter are the student athletes that are protected by FERPA. copied from Steve's twitter..... https://twitter.com/ScoutSteveR

msbulldog
07-14-2017, 10:51 AM
Damn thing ain't signed in that picture either.

Bucky Dog
07-14-2017, 10:52 AM
What's Steve's latest. I don't twat!!

bostondawg
07-14-2017, 10:54 AM
One word bothers me.........
They say the ethics committee "SHOULD" order! To me that doesn't say they "SHALL". Big difference!
In our contracts "SHOULD" means it is recommended and "SHALL" means it is mandatory.

Steve responded to this, actually. Sounds like this was just the final recommendation, but that recommendation has since been accepted and order given.

https://s2.postimg.org/tsfhmn3fd/Capture.png

parabrave
07-14-2017, 11:00 AM
Hmmm just a question since I'm not an attorney but what will happen if OM tells the ethics commission to 39A themselves. Heck they been telling the NCAA to do that for the last 4 years. Will someone go to jail, someone lose money what are the penalties?

EAVdog
07-14-2017, 11:00 AM

Those names also become public record and as such can be included in future publications without fear of reprisal. In case someone was writing a book or something on the matter!

:rolleyes:

Liverpooldawg
07-14-2017, 11:01 AM
As an attorney friend told me, FERPA does apply. There are some people in Oxford and elsewhere in a whole heap of trouble. How does operating your "university" without accreditation and federal money sound Confederates?

Jack Lambert
07-14-2017, 11:02 AM
What happens if Ole Miss refuses or can they? What's the consequence? Is it getting fired, jailed or just a fine?

msbulldog
07-14-2017, 11:04 AM
Both possibly Jack.

FISHDAWG
07-14-2017, 11:06 AM
wonder if they were "BLINDSIDED" by this **

Political Hack
07-14-2017, 11:17 AM
Yay, Steve won again. And still no one has released the boosters names. The legislature enacts law, it doesn't enforce them. This could be hung up forever, or at least long enough for no one to care. That motion the John Doe filed last time and withdrew was probably so they could file one this time prohibiting OM from releasing it by court order until a case can be heard. They'll delay, delay, delay by any means necessary until all this is over and done with and nobody cares.

If y'all knew who it was, you'd know they're playing with a lot of resources at their disposal and more than just the boosters themselves have a vested interest in keeping their names out of the public eye. Their respective employers would also want to keep their names out of it. I guess we could see the names in the next 7 days if Ole Miss follows the ruling, but I wouldn't be surprised if they find some underhanded way to collude back door with these boosters to keep things quiet.

Jack Lambert
07-14-2017, 11:21 AM
Yay, Steve won again. And still no one has released the boosters names. The legislature enacts law, it doesn't enforce them. This could be hung up forever, or at least long enough for no one to care. That motion the John Doe filed last time and withdrew was probably so they could file one this time prohibiting OM from releasing it by court order until a case can be heard. They'll delay, delay, delay by any means necessary until all this is over and done with and nobody cares.

If y'all knew who it was, you'd know they're playing with a lot of resources at their disposal and more than just the boosters themselves have a vested interest in keeping their names out of the public eye. Their respective employers would also want to keep their names out of it. I guess we could see the names in the next 7 days if Ole Miss follows the ruling, but I wouldn't be surprised if they find some underhanded way to collude back door with these boosters to keep things quiet.

Butler Snow in Ridgeland is probably putting up a good fight.

yjnkdawg
07-14-2017, 11:31 AM
I had said a while back, when all this started, that the booster's name was not exempt under the MPRA. The only way something can be redacted is if it does not pertain to the public records' request , or it is exempt such as for example a company trade secret. This was just strictly a stall tactic. Been there and done that on redactions and furnishing public records.

Perpetual Underachiever
07-14-2017, 11:45 AM
...If y'all knew who it was, you'd know they're playing with a lot of resources at their disposal and more than just the boosters themselves have a vested interest in keeping their names out of the public eye. Their respective employers would also want to keep their names out of it. I guess we could see the names in the next 7 days if Ole Miss follows the ruling, but I wouldn't be surprised if they find some underhanded way to collude back door with these boosters to keep things quiet.

Agreed. I'll be thrilled if the names are released, but do not expect it to happen anytime soon. There are far too many parties involved, and far too many ways to delay this ruling. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I expect we'll see multiple appeal/delay tactics employed soon. Hell of an effort by Steve no matter the outcome. It's disgusting that he is the only member of the media willing to hold The 17'n $hitbirds accountable for their underhanded ways.

yjnkdawg
07-14-2017, 11:51 AM
Agreed. I'll be thrilled if the names are released, but do not expect it to happen anytime soon. There are far too many parties involved, and far too many ways to delay this ruling. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I expect we'll see multiple appeal/delay tactics employed soon. Hell of an effort by Steve no matter the outcome. It's disgusting that he is the only member of the media willing to hold The 17'n $hitbirds accountable for their underhanded ways.

One State agency could write a book on "How to Circumvent the MS Public Records' Act". I wonder which agency that is ??? Hmmmm

Leeshouldveflanked
07-14-2017, 11:54 AM
What happens if Ole Miss refuses or can they? What's the consequence? Is it getting fired, jailed or just a fine?

If I am not mistaken, the fine is very minimal.... Don't forget, we are a state run by Trial Lawyers.

yjnkdawg
07-14-2017, 12:35 PM
If I am not mistaken, the fine is very minimal.... Don't forget, we are a state run by Trial Lawyers.

? 25-61-15. Penalty
Any person who shall deny to any person access to any public record which is not exempt from the provisions of this chapter or who charges an unreasonable fee for providing a public record may be liable civilly in his personal capacity in a sum not to exceed One Hundred Dollars ($ 100.00) per violation, plus all reasonable expenses incurred by such person bringing the proceeding.................. The amount would be dependent on how a violation is perceived.

Turfdawg67
07-14-2017, 12:47 PM
Agreed... bet this has little impact on OM releasing the names. They'll have a new motion in 6-7 days.

Political Hack
07-14-2017, 12:50 PM
? 25-61-15. Penalty
Any person who shall deny to any person access to any public record which is not exempt from the provisions of this chapter or who charges an unreasonable fee for providing a public record may be liable civilly in his personal capacity in a sum not to exceed One Hundred Dollars ($ 100.00) per violation, plus all reasonable expenses incurred by such person bringing the proceeding.................. The amount would be dependent on how a violation is perceived.

I think it's per day or per page or something, so legally it may actually add up. If they have to back pay the costs, and it's based on a daily fine, that could add up.

LC Dawg
07-14-2017, 01:09 PM
I think it's per day or per page or something, so legally it may actually add up. If they have to back pay the costs, and it's based on a daily fine, that could add up.

Would this come out of public or private funds?

bostondawg
07-14-2017, 01:09 PM

Code is here: http://www.ethics.state.ms.us/ethics/ethics.nsf/PageSection/A_records_entire_pub_rec_act/$FILE/Public%20Records%20Act_3.29.16.htm?OpenElement

It doesn't say anything about the fine being per day or per page. If that is the case, expect the inbreds up north to just pay the fine and stall.

MadDawg
07-14-2017, 01:15 PM
Ole Miss thought they were going to write a new chapter on how to successfully deal with the NCAA and instead wrote a book about how to do everything wrong. I've.... hell NOBODY has ever seen anything like it.

LockeDawg
07-14-2017, 01:21 PM
So many folks knew in advance of the investigation what was taking place, and they knew a second NOA was on the way before it actually happened. So many folks have called this entire saga verbatim and have been spot on with their information.

What I find so odd, is that so many eyes have seen, reviewed, and picked both NOA's apart - the unredacted version. Tons of OM folks + their attorneys's + named Boosters & their attorney's + various coaches & their attorneys + student-athletes & their attorneys. Literally dozens and dozens of eyes have see the unredacted version. Yet the actual names of the individuals contained in the NOA's haven't leaked out to the public? It's hard to keep a secret in the best of circumstances, it's difficult in the world today with instant access to all sorts of material for things not to leak. Yet here we are left guessing who the named individuals are in an NOA that's over 18 months old and an amended NOA that was released 5 month ago?

DancingRabbit
07-14-2017, 01:29 PM
I keep hoping a national writer will address the whole booster names, SA names, FERPA issue.

Bucky Dog
07-14-2017, 02:34 PM
So will someone, other than our media, just simply ask Vitter or Bjork or their counsel when and IF they plan to release all the names??

Dawgology
07-14-2017, 02:38 PM
So many folks knew in advance of the investigation what was taking place, and they knew a second NOA was on the way before it actually happened. So many folks have called this entire saga verbatim and have been spot on with their information.

What I find so odd, is that so many eyes have seen, reviewed, and picked both NOA's apart - the unredacted version. Tons of OM folks + their attorneys's + named Boosters & their attorney's + various coaches & their attorneys + student-athletes & their attorneys. Literally dozens and dozens of eyes have see the unredacted version. Yet the actual names of the individuals contained in the NOA's haven't leaked out to the public? It's hard to keep a secret in the best of circumstances, it's difficult in the world today with instant access to all sorts of material for things not to leak. Yet here we are left guessing who the named individuals are in an NOA that's over 18 months old and an amended NOA that was released 5 month ago?

We are all probably just hesitant to put them out there with lawsuits being thrown around like beads at Mardi Gras. The names I've heard carry significant money and power. Don't want any part of that.

Jack Lambert
07-14-2017, 02:41 PM
We are all probably just hesitant to put them out there with lawsuits being thrown around like beads at Mardi Gras. The names I've heard carry significant money and power. Don't want any part of that.

Well it definitely wasn't your normal average run of the mill ole miss sidewalk alumni giving money. They just talk the talk.

codeDawg
07-14-2017, 02:58 PM
The next step is to ask a court to enforce the order. Expect this to drag out.

PassInterference
07-14-2017, 03:58 PM
So will someone, other than our media, just simply ask Vitter or Bjork or their counsel when and IF they plan to release all the names??

National media FOIA'd months ago, and OM pushed it aside.

Ethics is holding OM's feet to the fire.

JDog13
07-14-2017, 04:29 PM
I know a lot of people will be watching where they gas up.

PassInterference
07-14-2017, 04:30 PM
I know a lot of people will be watching where they gas up.

I have more than half serious wondered how close we are to that point.

JDog13
07-14-2017, 04:48 PM
I have more than half serious wondered how close we are to that point.

7 days minimum

Mimi's Babies
07-14-2017, 04:56 PM
7 days minimum

If you want to see a list of boosters..... Look it up... public information....

http://givetoathletics.com/vaught-society-2/members/

Interesting information for many people on this site......

Bucky Dog
07-14-2017, 05:26 PM

Very interesting. I guess we can play look who is in which box.

PassInterference
07-14-2017, 05:30 PM
CSpire near the top of the list. Wow.

Think about that when considering phone companies.

Mimi's Babies
07-14-2017, 05:32 PM

The names I did not know I googled..... Very interesting list for sure.....

JDog13
07-14-2017, 05:35 PM
The names I did not know I googled..... Very interesting list for sure.....

I see two not on there anymore.

PassInterference
07-14-2017, 05:37 PM
That's a lot of damn googling.

Bucky Dog
07-14-2017, 05:47 PM
That's a lot of damn googling.

Probably just those top few boxes I'm guessing. The BIG BoYS!

Mimi's Babies
07-14-2017, 05:52 PM
Look at the Builders Circle, Exec Committee, Board members and charter members

msbulldog
07-14-2017, 05:53 PM

Damn and I thought Cspire were State guys. Switching to Verizon!

Mimi's Babies
07-14-2017, 06:00 PM

I believe that Cspire supports both teams with cellular devices

PassInterference
07-14-2017, 06:01 PM
I believe that Cspire supports both teams with cellular devices

But CSpire is at the top of UM'a donor list. Big difference.

Liverpooldawg
07-14-2017, 06:07 PM
Y'all are still missing THE story here. Who cares about the boosters. Somebody at UM violated the FERPA law, confirmed. That has some VERY serious repercussions. Leo and Kobe need to file a complaint under that law asap. That has the potential to seriously harm the so called UNIVERSITY up there, not just the athletic program. The Ole Miss Conferderate Rebel Bears could not have handled this any worse than they have. If I'm an an alumni up there I would have to be furious. Come to think of it I AM an alumni. My professional degree is from UMC. I AM furious! LOL!

msbulldog
07-14-2017, 06:07 PM

I may be wrong, but I think (and I cannot quote Ms Code Annotated) there is remedy in circuit court. If I remember right, the offending party ( the one refusing to submit to the order) can be held in contempt of court. Contempt of court can have jail time or monetary fines.

RocketDawg
07-14-2017, 06:26 PM

They probably donate to all the schools in state.

msbulldog
07-14-2017, 06:34 PM
Y'all are still missing THE story here. Who cares about the boosters. Somebody at UM violated the FERPA law, confirmed. That has some VERY serious repercussions. Leo and Kobe need to file a complaint under that law asap. That has the potential to seriously harm the so called UNIVERSITY up there, not just the athletic program. The Ole Miss Conferderate Rebel Bears could not have handled this any worse than they have. If I'm an an alumni up there I would have to be furious. Come to think of it I AM an alumni. My professional degree is from UMC. I AM furious! LOL!

You have my prayers Liverpool, LOL.

Yes, Mississippi has severe liability problems. They have accreditation problems, they allowed players that committed fraud on the ACT to enter the University. They have problems with the US Dept. of Education allowing players to get Pell Grants (Jerrel Powe) that did not make the requirements for admission.

RocketDawg
07-14-2017, 06:36 PM

I saw Cooper, but no Eli, Peyton, or Archie. Maybe they're one of those named "Anonymous". Nutt's name wasn't on there either. ;)

redstickdawg
07-14-2017, 06:38 PM

Exactly. if the SA's file a complaint, which they should do and be compelled to do, and the world gets real ugly quick.

Buddy
07-14-2017, 06:43 PM
Eli is in the Builder's Circle in the very top box.

Bill Jordan (Realtree) is in the top box as well, gonna have to find some different camo for hunting season.

RocketDawg
07-14-2017, 06:48 PM

Bill Jordan (Realtree) is in the top box as well, gonna have to find some different camo for hunting season.

You're correct ... thanks. I guess I read right over it since his wife's name is listed first, and I didn't know his name was Elisha. Totally missed the "Manning", even though they're alphabetical.

Mimi's Babies
07-14-2017, 06:51 PM
I saw Cooper, but no Eli, Peyton, or Archie. Maybe they're one of those named "Anonymous". Nutt's name wasn't on there either. ;)

Eli is on the list... Abby and Elisha Manning (1st group)
Cooper and Ellen (4th group)
Archie and Oliva (6th group center box)

Peyton I am not seeing....... maybe the reason he was the ONLY Manning at the Espy's:eek:

Liverpooldawg...... Why would anyone violate the FERPA Laws... The FERPA Law was broken at at least ONE local high school. Depending on the laws as to where a recruiter can be in a school or on school property there may have been even more FERPA Laws broken.... I don't believe that a recruiter is allowed in the field house before during and after a ball game...

Buddy
07-14-2017, 06:58 PM
Peyton probably gives his money to UT. He has no reason to donate to OM.

RocketDawg
07-14-2017, 07:00 PM

Peyton I am not seeing....... maybe the reason he was the ONLY Manning at the Espy's:eek:

He must give money to Tennessee. :) Not sure how wealthy Archie is since he played so long ago and they didn't get paid much then. Maybe he got rich with Yella Wood. I'm sure Eli and Peyton are well off; not sure where Cooper gets his money though ... maybe from that restaurant.

QuadrupleOption
07-14-2017, 07:13 PM

C Spire is a Mississippi company. They have a box at Davis Wade as well. There are tons of MSU alumni who are employed there, so picking your phone company solely based on part of the story hurts a lot more than Ole Miss.

http://www.msufoundation.com/s/811/foundation/interior.aspx?sid=811&gid=1&pgid=1625

https://www.cspire.com/company_info/about/programs/foundation.jsp

Mimi's Babies
07-14-2017, 07:16 PM
https://twitter.com/ScoutSteveR/status/886013729061699584

Bucky Dog
07-14-2017, 07:29 PM
So I asked this earlier, will the CL or any other state news agency grasp this and start asking WHEN they will release this??

Buddy
07-14-2017, 07:30 PM
So I asked this earlier, will the CL or any other state news agency grasp this and start asking WHEN they will release this??

I wouldn't hold my breath.... They've refused to cover it up until this point, why would they start now?

JoseBrown
07-14-2017, 08:00 PM

Liverpooldawg...... Why would anyone violate the FERPA Laws... The FERPA Law was broken at at least ONE local high school. Depending on the laws as to where a recruiter can be in a school or on school property there may have been even more FERPA Laws broken.... I don't believe that a recruiter is allowed in the field house before during and after a ball game...

Looking over those lists brought back some memories. I'm surprised by how many folks I used to associate with professionally that are on those lists. Some are some real characters, others I used to enjoy their friendships. There are some names mysteriously not out front, but used to give lots of money...wink, wink..if you know what I mean.. I guess they used to enjoy networking amongst themselves..

Turfdawg67
07-14-2017, 09:56 PM
**Out of context**

Spiderman
07-14-2017, 10:10 PM
But CSpire is at the top of UM'a donor list. Big difference.

Yep

shoeless joe
07-15-2017, 06:21 AM

If only there was an identical product who's company is based in Mississippi and supports MSU***

Bucky Dog
07-15-2017, 07:39 AM
I AM SHOCKED!!!! The C-L actually reported on this today!! What it says in the article is they have 7 days from date of the order, which I am assuming means next Thursday the 20th, to release the NOA with all boosters names involved and only the SA redacted, to comply with the order. Now it also says there can be a delay requested, but only by the university, and also didn't mention any repercussions for not releasing the names.

If OM does in fact release the info, and along with the rumored bomb dropping, next week might set a record for popcorn sales in the state!!!

msbulldog
07-15-2017, 07:45 AM
I AM SHOCKED!!!! The C-L actually reported on this today!! What it says in the article is they have 7 days from date of the order, which I am assuming means next Thursday the 20th, to release the NOA with all boosters names involved and only the SA redacted, to comply with the order. Now it also says there can be a delay requested, but only by the university, and also didn't mention any repercussions for not releasing the names.

If OM does in fact release the info, and along with the rumored bomb dropping, next week might set a record for popcorn sales in the state!!!

And you know summers with the only sport MLB, used to be really dull, not this summer.

Schultzy
07-15-2017, 07:47 AM
Although I have believed all along that OM will will take a huge hit sanctions wise, I also strongly believe these names will never see the light of day.

The ethics commission is going to lose a lot of credibility as well; just another casualty of that cesspool's behavior.

Dawgowar
07-15-2017, 08:08 AM
Although I have believed all along that OM will will take a huge hit sanctions wise, I also strongly believe these names will never see the light of day.

The ethics commission is going to lose a lot of credibility as well; just another casualty of that cesspool's behavior.

The sanctions will likely force them to release the names. They are going to have an angry mob of kool-aid drinkers demanding accountability on their hands soon. The gravity of this will hit when the penalties get read.

Mimi's Babies
07-15-2017, 08:09 AM
I have been watching the list of OM boosters that is posted above..... There are some names that have CHANGED or been re-worded. Those names are on a that has been complied by several... Going to be interesting to see IF that name is on the list of illegal donations/boosters...

Bucky Dog
07-15-2017, 08:18 AM
I have been watching the list of OM boosters that is posted above..... There are some names that have CHANGED or been re-worded. Those names are on a that has been complied by several... Going to be interesting to see IF that name is on the list of illegal donations/boosters...

You mean the "anonymous" donors and the so an so foundation donors?

The most of me thinks they will not release these names. My question is when the NCAA makes it's ruling and announces the why, will they name the boosters?

MetEdDawg
07-15-2017, 08:26 AM
I would like to know the penalty for not carrying out actions required by the Ethics Commission. That's going to determine whether or not this actually happens.

Dawgology
07-15-2017, 08:36 AM
I would like to know the penalty for not carrying out actions required by the Ethics Commission. That's going to determine whether or not this actually happens.

There is not much in the way of enforcement or penalties. There will be something filed by one of the boosters that Ole Miss will hide behind to keep from releasing names. I don't expect them to stop avoiding or attempting to hide truth. They've done it this whole time. They won't stop now.

They may pull Paul Finebaum down with them on their way down.

Bucky Dog
07-15-2017, 09:01 AM
There is not much in the way of enforcement or penalties. There will be something filed by one of the boosters that Ole Miss will hide behind to keep from releasing names. I don't expect them to stop avoiding or attempting to hide truth. They've done it this whole time. They won't stop now.

The ruling actually said they cannot use boosters named as a reason to not release. That's what this last delay was about. They gave John Doe the chance to tell them what number booster he was in the NOA to consider keeping his name private, and he did to provide them that info. The only delay will come directly from OM itself! There can be no more reasons for them to request Another delay. NONE!!

HSVDawg
07-15-2017, 09:02 AM
You mean the "anonymous" donors and the so an so foundation donors?

The most of me thinks they will not release these names. My question is when the NCAA makes it's ruling and announces the why, will they name the boosters?

Just curious, but why does anyone think the names won't eventually be released? I don't think there has ever been an investigation in NCAA history when all the names didn't come out eventually.

QuadrupleOption
07-15-2017, 10:11 AM
Just curious, but why does anyone think the names won't eventually be released? I don't think there has ever been an investigation in NCAA history when all the names didn't come out eventually.

I think the NCAA will release them when the final report is made. I thought I remembered hearing that. I suppose someone with google-fu could look up some older, finalized rulings to see if boosters are named by the NCAA in those instances.

MetEdDawg
07-15-2017, 10:39 AM

Yeah my expectation is they won't release either. They aren't going to do anything they aren't legally forced to do.

PassInterference
07-15-2017, 11:05 AM
Yeah my expectation is they won't release either. They aren't going to do anything they aren't legally forced to do.

They are legally forced to do so. You can read the MEC website to see what tools they have to enforce their orders. MEC could remove people at Ole Miss who are standing in the way.

As with any legal thing, there could be an appeal. Sources say case law makes this situation so crystal clear that the appeal would not be heard by a court. John Doe has already tried once and stepped back from filing an appeal in court.

HSVDawg
07-15-2017, 11:17 AM
I think the NCAA will release them when the final report is made. I thought I remembered hearing that. I suppose someone with google-fu could look up some older, finalized rulings to see if boosters are named by the NCAA in those instances.

Gotcha. So really, we are just talking about the difference in the names being released this month or being released in October or November? It seems like the University would eventually decide to stop being so defiant on every front of this investigation, and maybe that would buy them a shred of leniency. Especially considering this particular topic where there is so little to be gained by keeping the names withheld. But, I keep expecting OM to do the smart thing and yet they keep doing the opposite. It's beautiful.

Mimi's Babies
07-15-2017, 11:28 AM
What is to be gained by not publishing names of the boosters....
1. Many of the boosters have BIG MONEY..... own businesses
2. How many people will STOP doing business with these so called "HONEST" businesses.
3. It's all about the ""SHOW ME YOUR MONEY"
4. Some people are going to be come unemployed and these are people in addition to those at OM.....
5. Some of these could be lawyers and could lose their ability to practice law -- unethical behavior????
6. Some of these could be doctors????
7. At least one of these owns a car dealership -- already disassociated from OM.
8. ?????? Are some of these the LOCAL BOYS who did all the DIRTY WORK at certain high schools?

Just for thought......

HSVDawg
07-15-2017, 11:42 AM
2. How many people will STOP doing business with these so called "HONEST" businesses.
4. Some people are going to be come unemployed and these are people in addition to those at OM.....
5. Some of these could be lawyers and could lose their ability to practice law -- unethical behavior????
7. At least one of these owns a car dealership -- already disassociated from OM.
8. ?????? Are some of these the LOCAL BOYS who did all the DIRTY WORK at certain high schools?

Just for thought......

But none of that has anything to do with the University's case with the NCAA. The University has no vested interest in appearing non-compliant to temporarily appease these donors, businessmen, etc. because its all going to come out eventually within 4 months at the latest. The question is why does the university care so much about fighting this 100% guaranteed losing battle? I hope they do keep it up because they are just cutting off their ears to spite their face (the nose was already hacked off long ago). But you'd think they would have to wise up at some point. You would think....

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-15-2017, 12:56 PM

Just for thought......

And don't forget the everyday soldiers. Looking at Steve's twitter comments, I've tracked 3 or 4 people that are associated with ole miss or have influence in the state. I found everything from high school coaches to honor band directors.

Mimi's Babies
07-15-2017, 12:59 PM
And don't forget the everyday soldiers. Looking at Steve's twitter comments, I've tracked 3 or 4 people that are associated with ole miss or have influence in the state. I found everything from high school coaches to honor band directors.

I can tell you ALL about certain high school coaches, administrations... now that you mention I guess I am going to dig into that list also.. Just curious if a certain band director is involved.... hum???

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-15-2017, 01:08 PM
I can tell you ALL about certain high school coaches, administrations... now that you mention I guess I am going to dig into that list also.. Just curious if a certain band director is involved.... hum???

If it's the same guy, he is a director of a "large" high school band. Many members from all over the state.

KOdawg1
07-15-2017, 08:00 PM
If it's the same guy, he is a director of a "large" high school band. Many members from all over the state.

check your pm

Westdawg
07-15-2017, 08:40 PM
check your pm

KO, you from Kosy???

Honor band??? Like, MS all-state Lion's Band? Somebody PM me on this....I may have means to dig deeper on this.

Political Hack
07-16-2017, 09:13 AM

So the CL wrote an article explaining that the university could delay it?

Not surprised.

starkvegasdawg
07-16-2017, 09:21 AM

Not surprised.

Probably forwarded and advanced copy to bjork with that section bolded, highlighted, and underlined.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
07-16-2017, 09:31 AM

@bozo2066 ?

Bully13
07-16-2017, 09:42 AM
So at some point in time are we indeed going to know the names of these boosters? or can ole miss delay that forever?

I've been hoping that if they ARE released, and there were any free tacos involved, that would make an epic story when combined with other flagrant cheating and suing student athletes.

maybe even a new movie? or 30-30? call it "The Bad Side".

WSOPdawg
07-16-2017, 11:43 AM
Gotcha. So really, we are just talking about the difference in the names being released this month or being released in October or November? It seems like the University would eventually decide to stop being so defiant on every front of this investigation, and maybe that would buy them a shred of leniency. Especially considering this particular topic where there is so little to be gained by keeping the names withheld. But, I keep expecting OM to do the smart thing and yet they keep doing the opposite. It's beautiful.

Agree HSV, this is to me the most curious and unintelligent aspect of this entire case. There appears to be nobody with common sense leading the university, nor does there appear to be anybody that these leaders answer to with the intelligence to dictate common sense to minimize the penalties. To me, this shows just how high up the chain the members of the Network are that are invested in TCUN's all-out denial as they are definitely ALL-IN.

Bucky Dog
07-16-2017, 02:26 PM

Not surprised.

So I'm still anxious to see if anyone, ANYONE, will ASK Vitter or Bjork or whoever, if they are going to release the names by this Thursday, and if nor then WHY NOT?!?!

bomanishus
07-17-2017, 05:42 AM

this right here http://http://gotnews.com/haley-barbours-dictators-lobbyist-uses-third-world-tactics-in-mississippi-run-off/ is one reason why the names may not come out. there are some serious forces at work in the perception vs reality game here in mississippi and in the-land-of-the-free-and-the-home-of-the-brave....

BrunswickDawg
07-17-2017, 07:47 AM
But none of that has anything to do with the University's case with the NCAA. The University has no vested interest in appearing non-compliant to temporarily appease these donors, businessmen, etc. because its all going to come out eventually within 4 months at the latest. The question is why does the university care so much about fighting this 100% guaranteed losing battle? I hope they do keep it up because they are just cutting off their ears to spite their face (the nose was already hacked off long ago). But you'd think they would have to wise up at some point. You would think....

What they may be concerned about is how the giving of dollars is taking place. We already know there is a price for a named suite at the Inn. We know that there are boosters associated with those suites. It's not a far stretch to think that OM played games with donations thinking that was a way to shield the big boosters from any actions.