PDA

View Full Version : Mike Bianchi Say Ole Miss will Freeze to Death

ShotgunDawg
07-14-2017, 09:17 AM
Amazing how Ole Miss is allowing 2 wins over Bama to destroy their football program.

I mean, they were great wins, but, in the grand scheme of things, Mullen has more wins than Freeze in the same amount of time.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-gators/os-sp-sec-ole-miss-mike-bianchi-0713-story.html

MadDawg
07-14-2017, 09:34 AM
What a bunch of cover-your-butt baloney. Everybody in the country has known for years that Freeze was running a dirty program. Why do you think former UF Athletic Director Jeremy Foley didn’t pursue hiring Freeze three years ago even though he was the obvious and popular choice to replace Will Muschamp as head coach? Because Foley knew Freeze would eventually get hammered by the NCAA.

Damn. Just damn. Freeze will never be able to restore his image. And knowing how shallow he is, that probably hurts worse than anything.

Dawgbite
07-14-2017, 09:36 AM
Wow! I would honestly like to have heard the conversation that decided to ride this train wreck off the cliff and to the bottom of the ravine. Stupid people to not get to the point of having this much power at a university, but I can think of nothing smart that has led to this.

louisvilledawg
07-14-2017, 09:38 AM
I'm not even reading the article from Mike Bianchi- not after that dude suggested the SEC replace MSU and Ole Miss with UCF and USF. Will not be giving that mouthbreathing c*ckshiner any clicks.

TrapGame
07-14-2017, 09:40 AM
Damn. Just damn. Freeze will never be able to restore his image. And knowing how shallow he is, that probably hurts worse than anything.

Hugh is stock piling all the money he can from om and the Network. This is his big score. He'll be out of coaching forever when this is over.

Mobile Bay
07-14-2017, 09:57 AM
I'm not even reading the article from Mike Bianchi- not after that dude suggested the SEC replace MSU and Ole Miss with UCF and USF. Will not be giving that mouthbreathing c*ckshiner any clicks.

He earned my forgiveness with this. This is first class quality shitting on The Oxford School of Tire Retreading.

AlSwearengen
07-14-2017, 10:11 AM
These media people still don't get it. We hate Hugh because he is a willing "face" for the ole miss program. The truth of the matter is, he has that job because he would go along with what the boosters wanted to do. Cutcliffe wouldn't go along and they ran him off. Nutt isn't as clean as he is portraying, he just didn't get caught (and I'm sure he wasn't as involved as freeze).

The media needs to understand who is wielding the puppet sticks in Oxford.

dotcomdawg
07-14-2017, 10:15 AM
Nutt was never "inside" when he was at OM. Freeze is DEEPLY inside.

These media people still don't get it. We hate Hugh because he is a willing "face" for the ole miss program. The truth of the matter is, he has that job because he would go along with what the boosters wanted to do. Cutcliffe wouldn't go along and they ran him off. Nutt isn't as clean as he is portraying, he just didn't get caught (and I'm sure he wasn't as involved as freeze).

Cooterpoot
07-14-2017, 10:31 AM
Nutt was never "inside" when he was at OM. Freeze is DEEPLY inside.

Well, when a beaver has nutts banging on it, there's something inside. Hugh is 17'd. He knows it. OM knows it too. They thought they had more money and power than they actually do.

shannondawg
07-14-2017, 10:42 AM
I just told my friend that is not either a reb or dawg, that as much as anything wrong up there is their ego getting in the way of common sense.

Also, I always check my pocketbook when talking to a person that wears their religion on their sleeve.

AROB44
07-14-2017, 02:28 PM
I just told my friend that is not either a reb or dawg, that as much as anything wrong up there is their ego getting in the way of common sense.

Also, I always check my pocketbook when talking to a person that wears their religion on their sleeve.

Always a good practice.

basedog
07-14-2017, 03:10 PM

Prayers Sent**

Reason2succeed
07-14-2017, 03:25 PM
Commentary: With NCAA on its tail, Ole Miss is on verge of Freezing to death (Is Bianci suggesting DP as a possibility?)

HOOVER, Ala. -- Why is Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze even here?
Why is he up at the podium Thursday getting barbecued by a thousand reporters?

Why does he still have a job after overseeing one of the dirtiest (congrats Rebels, you're #1) programs in college football?

The Southeastern Conference saved the worst for last on Thursday when Freeze was the final coach to address reporters at SEC Media Days. Not coincidentally, his appearance came just one day after his predecessor — former Ole Miss coach Houston Nutt — filed a civil lawsuit accusing Freeze and the Ole Miss administration of a “smear campaign” blaming Nutt for the laundry list of NCAA allegations the school is currently facing. Nutt and his legal team should have won the ESPY Wednesday night for most brilliantly timed lawsuit, filing it during the feeding frenzy known as SEC Media Days.

The lawsuit is especially embarrassing for the journalism (finally someone other that SR and ED realizes this) profession in that it accuses Freeze and Ole Miss of clandestinely using the national and local media to spread the false narrative that most of the NCAA violations happened under Nutt’s watch. Ole Miss, Nutt contends, was perpetuating fake news by “exploiting” reporters and “deliberately misleading them into tweeting and writing news stories that furthered Coach Freeze’s agenda."

Even more damning, Nutt contends, is that this “smear campaign” was being perpetuated leading up to National Signing Day so Freeze could save his highly ranked 2016 recruiting class. In other words, Ole Miss is being accused of misleading recruits, reporters and its own fan base by blaming its transgressions on somebody else. (This is what we've been saying on ED for over a year.)

All is fair in love, war and SEC recruiting.

“I would absolutely love to share my opinion on it,” Freeze said Thursday about Nutt’s lawsuit. “Unfortunately it's a legal case, and I can't comment.”

Well then, allow me:
The bottom line is Ole Miss should be ashamed (Obviously OM has no shame) of itself if Nutt’s claims are true. The fact is, Nutt is not named in any of the violations against Ole Miss and Freeze is. In fact, the NCAA says Freeze and Ole Miss are guilty of “a lack of institutional control” involving a series of violations that include boosters paying recruits and former assistant coaches helping fix recruits’ ACT scores.

Freeze, as you might expect from an embattled college football coach, is talking out of both sides of his mouth (arhat beaver has more than two sides to his mouth). On Thursday, he said all the right things when he told the media, “We’ve got to be responsible for the areas in which we were deficient in. We have to own that. And me, being in the position I am, I’ve got to stand and look people in the eyes and take that.”

However, in the school’s official response to the NCAA, Ole Miss essentially absolves Freeze of any responsibility and puts all the blame on renegade boosters and rogue assistants. Meanwhile, the university is painting Freeze as some sort of pillar of NCAA obedience and claims — I and I swear I’m not making this up — he “developed and implemented a broad, staff-wide compliance program.”

What a bunch of cover-your-butt baloney. Everybody in the country has known for years that Freeze was running a dirty program. Why do you think former UF Athletic Director Jeremy Foley didn’t pursue hiring Freeze three years ago even though he was the obvious and popular choice to replace Will Muschamp as head coach? Because Foley knew Freeze would eventually get hammered by the NCAA.

By circling the wagons around Freeze, Ole Miss is just the latest example of a school doing everything in its power to protect its cash cow. Winning dirty is better than not winning at all.

Why do you think Rick Pitino still has a job despite running a brothel at the University of Louisville? Why do you think a fine Baptist institution like Baylor did everything in its power to cover up a rape scandal in its football program? Why do you think former Penn State president Graham Spanier was just sentenced to jail time for failing to report an allegation that former defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky was molesting young boys?

The most perplexing thing about Ole Miss is that Freeze isn’t even that great of a coach. (Exactly right. He could have added Jim Tressell and Pete Carroll to the list.) He isn’t Pitino, Paterno or even Art Briles. Ole Miss was 5-7 last year, 2-6 in the SEC. In five seasons, Freeze has a 19-21 SEC record.

However, two of those victories came against Alabama and were good enough to put Ole Miss football on the map and make the Rebels relevant again. When you’re one of only three coaches in history to beat Nick Saban two straight times, it does wonders for your job security.

Make no mistake about it, this is why Hugh Freeze is still employed today.
The big-time boosters absolutely adore him for beating Bama.
So what if he had to cheat do it?

Email me at mbianchi@orlandosentinel.com. Hit me up on Twitter @BianchiWrites and listen to my Open Mike radio show every weekday from 6 to 9 a.m. on FM 96.9 and AM 740.

gravedigger
07-14-2017, 09:09 PM
Amazing how Ole Miss is allowing 2 wins over Bama to destroy their football program.

I mean, they were great wins, but, in the grand scheme of things, Mullen has more wins than Freeze in the same amount of time.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-gators/os-sp-sec-ole-miss-mike-bianchi-0713-story.html

Ok, everybody repeat this: if the difference in winning on the scoreboard and losing on it is cheating......

YOU

DIDNT

WIN

You just cheated a bit better and stuff bounced your way.

And the difference in all this is that you want
People to ignore that.

Your 5, count of them 5, touchdown loss in that lite beer can you call a stadium with 5 years of purchased players is proof your network is....a bad sitcom.

You are only relevant within your own walls.

Your university is like watching "one flew over the cuckoo's nest II" with the writers of "roadhouse".

Am I obsessed? Well sure. I'm obsessed with watching how far a group of people will go with a lie everyone else knows is one.

I'm obsessed with knowing how many "journalists" ARENT irate they defended you.

I'm obsessed with knowing how far an "academic" institution will allow their foundation to crumble by meatheads.

And finally, I'm obsessed with wondering what dignity you will have left.

The nation now knows what we in Starkville have always known.

Your schools entire persona is a pimple on the arse of a nation.

It's all downhill from here, Fredo.

dawgoneyall
07-14-2017, 11:28 PM
He earned my forgiveness with this. This is first class quality shitting on The Oxford School of Tire Retreading.

NO.

PassInterference
07-14-2017, 11:35 PM

No way. Freeze is the head of the snake. He's not going along with anybody. At best he and the boosters are like minded. Freeze always a OM guy at heart. And a sleazy one.

Liverpooldawg
07-14-2017, 11:45 PM
No way. Freeze is the head of the snake. He's not going along with anybody. At best he and the boosters are like minded. Freeze always a OM guy at heart. And a sleazy one.

Freeze isn't the head of the snake. The snake is the Network. Freeze is the skin the Network can shed and continue on bigger and better than ever.

Schultzy
07-14-2017, 11:50 PM
Don't forget Sherrill beat them 4 out of 6 years in that stretch.

Schultzy
07-15-2017, 07:20 AM
Freeze isn't the head of the snake. The snake is the Network. Freeze is the skin the Network can shed and continue on bigger and better than ever.

And the reason the Network hired him is bc he operates exactly the way they want, he proved that when he was an assistant under Oregon and that was clear to me the day they hired him.

He's the perfect fit for them, silver tounged Pharisee who loves to recruit and is one of the reasons they're still going to bat for him.

He just wasn't smart enough to keep his mouth shut regarding Miller or he might have succeeded.

gravedigger
07-15-2017, 07:42 AM

He just wasn't smart enough to keep his mouth shut regarding Miller or he might have succeeded.

That was the moment this all went south for them. I imagine it would have been about 15-18 scholarships over 3-4 years and some recruiting visits prior to Freeze's original attempt at a narrative.

We couldn't have scripted it better.