PDA

View Full Version : How did Nutt get the phone records for Freeze??

RC3
07-13-2017, 08:46 AM
My only conclusion is that his attorney filed a Freedom of Info request back in February 2016 and recently got the info. But are cell phone records of a coach obtainable if the university pays the bill?? I just can't say for sure but that is all I can come up with.

ShotgunDawg
07-13-2017, 08:48 AM
I was curious of the same thing.

louisvilledawg
07-13-2017, 08:49 AM
I thought Jake Wimberly or Christian Byrd said that he made the calls off his office phone? I could be completely wrong, but i thought i heard them talking about his work phone yesterday.

TrapGame
07-13-2017, 08:49 AM
I understood he used a phone that was university property.

Liverpooldawg
07-13-2017, 08:50 AM
Nutt should be an expert on that subject himself. Remember what happened to him at Arkansas?

Tbonewannabe
07-13-2017, 08:53 AM

I believe this is what gives the FOIA the ability to get phone records. Since the people of MS pay the bill, they are entitled to any records associated with government funds. Not wanting to start any political crap but isn't this the reason behind politicians emails being on a private server? They would be open to FOIA unless they had been marked with a security clearance not for public eyes.

RC3
07-13-2017, 08:55 AM

and presumably that could be a landline or a cell phone, if paid by the university

lawdawg
07-13-2017, 09:05 AM
http://www.ethics.state.ms.us/ethics/ethics.nsf/PageSection/A_records_R-13-023/$FILE/R-13-023.pdf?OpenElement

Political Hack
07-13-2017, 09:30 AM
I'm not sure why everyone thinks they came from Freeze. Couldn't the reporters have provided their phone records and then the lawyers just confirmed the number?

RC3
07-13-2017, 09:33 AM
I'm not sure why everyone thinks they came from Freeze. Couldn't the reporters have provided their phone records and then the lawyers just confirmed the number?

i think both theories are possible. would also explain why some of the well-known bear homers werent included

Coldsleeve Jr.
07-13-2017, 09:33 AM
Nutt's lawyers got them through an FOIA request. Since Freeze used his school phone for the calls, they were able to get the call records.

MSUDawg99
07-13-2017, 11:35 AM
I thought Jake Wimberly or Christian Byrd said that he made the calls off his office phone? I could be completely wrong, but i thought i heard them talking about his work phone yesterday.

Yes, Christian did say this. That was, in fact, a very good interview. I was pleasantly surprised to hear Christian's POV on this whole deal. He's honestly the first UMess fan I've heard that admits it's horrible for them & that it's going to ruin CHF's public perception. It was a very objective interview. I listened to it two times.

LockeDawg
07-13-2017, 11:52 AM
Nutt should be an expert on that subject himself. Remember what happened to him at Arkansas?

Nutt is a pro in FOIA issues, the Arky people/fans hammered his ass when they obtained his cell phone/text records and found out Nutt was texting with a "lady friend" just minutes prior to leading his team on the field in a freaking Bowl game.

t45fixer
07-13-2017, 03:32 PM
UM uses university bought phones which fall under FOIA. Bulldog club pays for ours which don't.

Tbonewannabe
07-13-2017, 04:21 PM
UM uses university bought phones which fall under FOIA. Bulldog club pays for ours which don't.

New UM coaches phones sponsored by Rebel Rags.