PDA

View Full Version : Braves

msstate7
07-12-2017, 10:23 PM
Acuna to AAA as 19-year-old. This kid is gonna be generational type player

BoomBoom
07-12-2017, 11:14 PM
Acuna to AAA as 19-year-old. This kid is gonna be generational type player

Austin Riley to AA. Aggressive move, he wasn't exactly crushing it in A+. Guess we can take my "play for 2019" theory and flush it, this is an aggressive play for 2018. Im guessing now that Albies will come up this year, and Acuna very early next year. Several pitcher promotions probably coming soon too.

MetEdDawg
07-12-2017, 11:20 PM
Austin Riley to AA. Aggressive move, he wasn't exactly crushing it in A+. Guess we can take my "play for 2019" theory and flush it, this is an aggressive play for 2018. Im guessing now that Albies will come up this year, and Acuna very early next year. Several pitcher promotions probably coming soon too.

Well on the big club you have to figure Garcia is gone at the deadline. So we will have at least one spot. Newcomb started off well but has struggled recently. 2 or 3 more bad starts and he might go back down to do some additional work for a bit. Got a lot to be determined in the next few weeks, but some guys are gonna have opportunities

parabrave
07-13-2017, 12:38 AM
Saw him play in 6 games. He had multiple hits every game and made fantastic catches in the series. Lucky to get him to sign a ball for me. A nice kid/

msstate7
07-13-2017, 06:16 AM
Saw him play in 6 games. He had multiple hits every game and made fantastic catches in the series. Lucky to get him to sign a ball for me. A nice kid/

Awesome. That ball may be worth something one day

msstate7
07-13-2017, 06:18 AM

I hope they leave soroka, gohara, and allard in Mississippi. Gohara needs to go deeper in games. Allard and soroka not quite as sharp lately. Wonder if we see wright soon.

shoeless joe
07-13-2017, 08:18 AM
Well on the big club you have to figure Garcia is gone at the deadline. So we will have at least one spot. Newcomb started off well but has struggled recently. 2 or 3 more bad starts and he might go back down to do some additional work for a bit. Got a lot to be determined in the next few weeks, but some guys are gonna have opportunities

He's gotta develop a third pitch. Once he does that he'll be fine. Similar to the development of folty, although that was a little more of a mental development

msstate7
07-13-2017, 09:05 AM
He's gotta develop a third pitch. Once he does that he'll be fine. Similar to the development of folty, although that was a little more of a mental development

He has a change that he started using more once the Nats blasted him early. It was pretty good at times too... hopefully he can find tune that pitch bc he has a good fastball and an outstanding curve

BoomBoom
07-13-2017, 09:20 AM
I hope they leave soroka, gohara, and allard in Mississippi. Gohara needs to go deeper in games. Allard and soroka not quite as sharp lately. Wonder if we see wright soon.

Doubt it. He pitched a full college season, they probably want to keep his innings down.

Their problem is if they truly are aggressively going for it in 2018, then they need to fast track those pitchers. Or trade.

parabrave
07-13-2017, 10:19 AM

Gohara needs to developed into a mid relief. You will get 3-4 great innings from him but he drops off quickly.

msstate7
07-13-2017, 05:49 PM
Albies scratched from Gwinnett lineup

BoomBoom
07-13-2017, 07:04 PM
Albies scratched from Gwinnett lineup

Acuna homers in 1st AAA game.

msstate7
07-13-2017, 07:05 PM
Acuna struck out first AAA AB. In 2nd AB, he hit HR.

msstate7
07-13-2017, 07:06 PM
Acuna homers in 1st AAA game.
Beat me haha

parabrave
07-13-2017, 08:09 PM
Gonna be interesting to see how Scruffy does in the next couple of weeks. If he doesn't improve you will see a whole lot more of Camago at SS.

msstate7
07-13-2017, 08:12 PM
Gonna be interesting to see how Scruffy does in the next couple of weeks. If he doesn't improve you will see a whole lot more of Camago at SS.

I guess anything is possible, but I don't see it. For better or for worse, Swanson will get a shot full time to be our SS imo

smootness
07-13-2017, 08:55 PM

Got better every month, including near .800 OPS in June. I don't know what you're talking about.

parabrave
07-13-2017, 09:53 PM
Heck the whole team got better in June. Lets see, The Giants, Padres and the As. Heck we were playing over 500 ball that month. But he is 2nd in the league in Errors, Dam near the top in SO's and hitting 220ish abd hasn't done jacksh^& this month. BS isn't Fredi Gonzales and has already started platooning him with Camargo. With the Diamondbacks twice, Cubs and Dodgers the next couple of weeks the boy is going to have to man up and play alot better.

smootness
07-13-2017, 09:57 PM
Heck the whole team got better in June. Lets see, The Giants, Padres and the As. Heck we were playing over 500 ball that month. But he is 2nd in the league in Errors, Dam near the top in SO's and hitting 220ish abd hasn't done jacksh^& this month. BS isn't Fredi Gonzales and has already started platooning him with Camargo. With the Diamondbacks twice, Cubs and Dodgers the next couple of weeks the boy is going to have to man up and play alot better.

If Snitker legitimately starts platooning him, he's a moron who needs to be fired immediately.

And I have no idea what you're talking about with the first part of your post. Why would you send Dansby down or stop playing him just when he's picking it up and playing well? The .220 average includes his early struggles, why penalize him now for that?

His defense has been very good, even with the errors. Play Camargo at 3B, not at SS.

Tbonewannabe
07-14-2017, 09:13 AM

So Swanson is like Hunter Renfroe without the homers and the cannon of an arm in RF.

Tbonewannabe
07-14-2017, 09:15 AM
I don't pay attention to MiLB that much but I didn't realize they are comparing Acuna to Andruw Jones. One article I read even had Chipper saying that was who he reminded him of. So we will probably see him in September I guess.

msstate7
07-14-2017, 11:14 AM
I don't pay attention to MiLB that much but I didn't realize they are comparing Acuna to Andruw Jones. One article I read even had Chipper saying that was who he reminded him of. So we will probably see him in September I guess.
I've seen Albies play cf at pearl. He may compare with the bat, but he isn't in the same universe with the glove... of course, who is? I think acuna is a RF and absolutely smashes on offense

msstate7
07-14-2017, 11:16 AM
So Swanson is like Hunter Renfroe without the homers and the cannon of an arm in RF.

Despite the errors, fangraphs and baseball reference have dansby as a plus defender. Once he cleans up the dumb errors (he will), he's gonna be quite good at SS

Tbonewannabe
07-14-2017, 12:28 PM
Despite the errors, fangraphs and baseball reference have dansby as a plus defender. Once he cleans up the dumb errors (he will), he's gonna be quite good at SS

Sorry, should have included some ***. Dansby is going to be good but he is also a normal rookie. You can't look at Belinger and Judge and think that are the ways rookies are supposed to show up.

parabrave
07-14-2017, 01:03 PM
Like I said earlier I have watched every game that Acuna has played against Biloxi. He was all over outfield making play of the day catches every game. Yes he did make a few Andrew Jones type catches. And unlike Chipper he will gladly give you autographs and talk to you. Allard and Gothra are also very approachable.

klong-dog
07-14-2017, 03:07 PM
I get my first look at Sun Trust park tonight.

parabrave
07-14-2017, 04:18 PM
Hmmm look who is starting SS tonite.

BoomBoom
07-14-2017, 05:39 PM
Hmmm look who is starting SS tonite.

Dansby has been dealing with a back injury all season.

msstate7
07-14-2017, 05:45 PM
I get my first look at Sun Trust park tonight.

I love it. My wife and I love h&f burger, but it is a wait