PDA

View Full Version : Something people are missing about the Nutt lawsuit....

lamont
07-12-2017, 07:22 PM
Who gives a shit about Houston Nutt? Its funny of course and you have to give him credit- his lawyer is very specific about them colluding to throw it all on him to save the 2016 recruiting class.

But the bigger takeaway from this- It's timing is perfect. Nutt and his lawyer have just shown Freeze and Bjork to be incredible liars at a time when they are going before the NCAA COI trying to act like they are pillars of truth. It's just another example of Freeze being unable to say he "dint know nuffin about all these rogue boosters and coaches" when on the other hand is conspiring underhandedly to lie to the media blaming everything on Houston Nutt. It shows him to be a devious POS to the public and to the people on the COI- while he is trying to portray himself as a humble good ol boy that has been taken advantage of. It's brilliant by Nutt. He has completely ****ed Freeze with the NCAA with this.

And what is coming next will be whats cuts the head off the snake. Lying to the media may have seemed like a good idea at the time- but its going to ultimately be what gets them in the most trouble.

P.S.- expect Leo's lawyer to contact Houston Nutt for a deposition

AlmostPositive
07-12-2017, 07:26 PM
There was never any doubt that Bjork and Freeze were lying to the media. Now the media will be forced to admit it. I think the worm just turned for the shitbirds.

lamont
07-12-2017, 07:46 PM
Don t think for a second Nutt wont tell people under oath Rebel Rags was famous for giving recruits OM apparel.

PassInterference
07-12-2017, 07:48 PM
Also getting overlooked - Freeze goes to any length to lie to recruits. Why should any recruit trust him?

Bully13
07-12-2017, 07:51 PM
Don t think for a second Nutt wont tell people under oath Rebel Rags was famous for giving recruits OM apparel.

I doubt that. he would be admitting to knowing about infractions and not doing anything about it.

lamont
07-12-2017, 07:55 PM
I doubt that. he would be admitting to knowing about infractions and not doing anything about it.

Getting apparel for recruits is minor stuff- and sticking it to OM would be enjoyment for him. He isnt getting another NCAA coaching job anyway- so it doesnt matter

Ari Gold
07-12-2017, 07:55 PM

Doesn't matter HE isn't under investigation.

Bully13
07-12-2017, 07:56 PM
Getting apparel for recruits is minor stuff- and sticking it to OM would be enjoyment for him. He isnt getting another NCAA coaching job anyway- so it doesnt matter

gotcha, good point. laughing my 17ing ass off...

Bucky Dog
07-12-2017, 09:18 PM

Actually isn't it one of the level 1's against OM? But the bigger picture is now Nutts knows he's never coaching again so who gives a ****?!

HSVDawg
07-12-2017, 09:33 PM

Just depends on how pissed he is, and if he was as in deep with the Network as Freeze currently is. He may have heard rumors, but the organization of their shenanigans wasn't nearly as good under Nutt as it was with Freeze. He hasn't coached in 6 years, so its pretty obvious his career is done in that regard. A show cause means nothing to him. He can go all Nevin Shapiro if he chooses with no real impact to himself.

Pollodawg
07-12-2017, 09:51 PM

What's he got to lose? His career is long over.

ShotgunDawg
07-12-2017, 09:57 PM
Now this turd ball is doubling down like recruits actually give a 17

https://twitter.com/msgridiron/status/885331486693609473

DancingRabbit
07-12-2017, 10:22 PM
This suit is the straw that changes media narrative about Freeze and Bjork.

It doesn't change what the investigators are handing over to the COI. They already know about this crap. OM has long been 17ed. Look at my sig to see that.

Since we're talking about what OM was leaking to the press, when does a national media guy address how some student athetes' names got leaked in the first place.

DancingRabbit
07-12-2017, 10:35 PM
Double post

BuckyIsAB****
07-13-2017, 12:45 AM
Idk how many of y'all have actually read the suit but Houston Dale Nutt absolutely shit canned the Rev. and Bjork. In pretty good detail. Slammed him for trying to appear as a ''Godly man'' to the public and media all the while lying and cheating his ass off the whole time. Ya know pretty much what everyone knew except for the cult of OM

Todd4State
07-13-2017, 12:58 AM
What's he got to lose? His career is long over.

Nutt has probably already lost if I had to guess about a million dollars because of Ole Miss trashing him. Yes, he was washed up when he left Ole Miss but I'm pretty sure he could have at least gotten a head coaching job somewhere especially in Arkansas where they have D-II schools everywhere it seems like. Maybe even more if a Sun Belt team like Arkansas State or North Texas was willing to bring him in because of name recognition. I think he was only in his 50's when he was fired from Ole Miss and he could have very easily coached at least 10 years or more but no one is going to hire a coach that has a history of violating NCAA rules in this day and age.

Not to mention that when the axe finally does fall on Ole Miss, if their plan was to blame it all on Nutt, that pretty much ruins his reputation for life. Which isn't fair or right to him if Nutt was about 10% of the violations and Freeze in 90% of it.

If Nutt can clear his name with this, he might be able to get a job down the road- which I guess is what he ultimately wants to do.

msbulldog
07-13-2017, 03:40 AM
ACT fraud did happen under Nutt.

Mimi's Babies
07-13-2017, 07:07 AM
ACT committed by Saunders -- but Mr. Nutt is NOT mentioned.

The issue is the CLAUSE in his confidential contract that OM and he signed at the end of Mr. Nutt's employment... That is why PEOPLE do not understand. This is an employment law case..... and it will get nasty....

BrunswickDawg
07-13-2017, 07:36 AM
ACT fraud did happen under Nutt.

I would love it if Nutt's answer to that is -
"I unknowingly came into a program that was run by The Network. I tried my best to kick out O's guys, and the boosters kept insisting that we keep them on board. Look at Saunders - I knew he was dirty, and went to Pete Boone. Pete held up his contract for 2 years but he still wouldn't go away because the Network took care of him. When I pushed back against the Network, they undermined me. Not only did they quit their dirty stuff, their guys on staff just quit recruiting entirely. I guess they don't know how to recruit if they aren't secretly offering incentives."

Schultzy
07-13-2017, 07:38 AM
The "non disparagement clause" will be the phrase of the day. Ole Miss is in breach of contract, this clause applies to coaches and universities when they "divorce".

According to the guest lawyer on OOB

FISHDAWG
07-13-2017, 07:50 AM
the beauty in this is that Nutt has already made millions from them due to his previous buy-out ... they paid him for quite a while and it's beginning to look like they will continue to pay him .... he's like a bad dream that they just can't awake from

Jack Lambert
07-13-2017, 07:56 AM

Would Nutt do it. I guess what I am asking would he get in trouble by saying he knew it was going on. I don't know if that would fall under the old metric or not.

Reason2succeed
07-13-2017, 08:34 AM
Don't worry. OM will settle the case by offering the HC job to Houston Nutt because if you are going to pay a coach millions you might as well get some work out of him. *

Lord McBuckethead
07-13-2017, 08:58 AM

Please, sweet baby Jesus, I hope Nutt does this. LL and KJ need to have Nutt as a material witness. That would be awesome.

Lord McBuckethead
07-13-2017, 08:59 AM
the beauty in this is that Nutt has already made millions from them due to his previous buy-out ... they paid him for quite a while and it's beginning to look like they will continue to pay him .... he's like a bad dream that they just can't awake from

Bobby Bonilla says, "Good Job, but not as good as what my agent did."

FISHDAWG
07-13-2017, 09:37 AM
Don't worry. OM will settle the case by offering the HC job to Houston Nutt because if you are going to pay a coach millions you might as well get some work out of him. *

when this thing is over they are gonna wish they had him back