PDA

View Full Version : When does the OM president step it?

msstate7
07-12-2017, 05:45 PM
Rampant cheating in the athletic program, massive fines and penalties on the way from the NCAA, om is becoming a punch line nationally, the school is being sued over freeze, etc. When does the president step in and say enough is enough... fire the AD and freeze?

starkvegasdawg
07-12-2017, 05:46 PM
Rampant cheating in the athletic program, massive fines and penalties on the way from the NCAA, om is becoming a punch line nationally, the school is being sued over freeze, etc. When does the president step in and say enough is enough... fire the AD and freeze?

When Archie tells him to.

Pollodawg
07-12-2017, 05:52 PM

Hammer meet nail. When he's finally allowed to.

Dawgowar
Boosters control that school. Similar to Auburn before the next generation of power brokers told their old ringleader to take a hike. It took them having their accreditation threatened for that to happen though.

Bully13

Man , I wish I could remember an old "All in the family episode" and replace Bunker's head with Manning's. you know, the ones where Edith is always running out of the kitchen hysterical about something and Bunker is in his chair smoking his cigar in total not give a shit mode.

don't know, just a thought.

Liverpooldawg
07-12-2017, 05:54 PM

You are assuming he CAN step in. At this point that looks like a very shaky assumption.

Mimi's Babies
07-12-2017, 05:58 PM
The chancellor cannot do anything about freeze until the show cause comes down. IF they do... it will cost OM upward of $15 M plus the balance of his contract, my guess, UNLESS there is a clause in his contract about bringing embarrassment to the college by wrong doings????
Biggest mistake, OM renewed his contract in January 2016 -- check the dates -- you may find that these dates are very close to the NOA being served on OM or the NOA being released to the public.....

Dolphus Raymond
07-12-2017, 05:59 PM
At this point, if Freeze et al were all fired tonight, I think 99% of the Ole Miss fan base would let out a collective sigh of relief. This entire ordeal has become a huge embarrassment for all involved and today it got worse. It sucks really bad to be them right now.

DawgPoundtheRock
07-12-2017, 06:03 PM
Wasn't Vitter part of the Feb. video. Because of that, my guess is that even though he's relatively new in his position, he's ass deep in this his own self.

Homedawg
07-12-2017, 06:08 PM
The chancellor cannot do anything about freeze until the show cause comes down. IF they do... it will cost OM upward of $15 M plus the balance of his contract, my guess, UNLESS there is a clause in his contract about bringing embarrassment to the college by wrong doings????
Biggest mistake, OM renewed his contract in January 2016 -- check the dates -- you may find that these dates are very close to the NOA being served on OM or the NOA being released to the public.....

This isn't correct. They could fire him now and not have to pay off his entire contract. No different than they did with the women's hoops coach. They have chosen to go this route.

Leeshouldveflanked
07-12-2017, 06:11 PM
Vitter is a Pawn...he isn't running the show.

Mimi's Babies
07-12-2017, 06:23 PM
This isn't correct. They could fire him now and not have to pay off his entire contract. No different than they did with the women's hoops coach. They have chosen to go this route.

I need more explanation please. Depending on Freezes contract.... What would cause a non - payment of contract?

Bubb Rubb
07-12-2017, 06:32 PM
I need more explanation please. Depending on Freezes contract.... What would cause a non - payment of contract?

Firing him for cause - most college coaches have language in their contracts that allow schools to terminate contracts for cause - anything that would harm or bring damage to the university.

Ole Miss could do it now, but they would be admitting guilt by doing it. I believe this is why they are standing behind him right now. Once the NCAA rules and show cause rulings are handed out, that will change.