PDA

View Full Version : Why only 4 carries for Robinson???

pdawg10msu
09-16-2013, 12:12 PM
This really puzzles me, do yall know why?

CadaverDawg
09-16-2013, 12:17 PM
Ask the offensive guru*

War Machine Dawg
09-16-2013, 12:28 PM
Because Mullen is a hard headed bastard who thinks Perk can be an every down, between the tackles runner. J-Rob has never had more than 10 carries in a game in his entire career. Despite averaging 6.0 YPC, he is relegated to minimum touches. And causing the fumble on the zone read didn't help his case Saturday, either.

CadaverDawg
09-16-2013, 12:44 PM
Because Mullen is a hard headed bastard who thinks Perk can be an every down, between the tackles runner. J-Rob has never had more than 10 carries in a game in his entire career. Despite averaging 6.0 YPC, he is relegated to minimum touches. And causing the fumble on the zone read didn't help his case Saturday, either.

What's sad is that if Freeze was coaching and saw that 6 yards per carry stat, he would run him until the opponent stopped him. Much like he did with Treadwell against Vandy. Why can't our hard headed coach figure out that going away from what is working doesn't fool anybody...it only hurts us?

fishwater99
09-16-2013, 01:08 PM
And Shump had one carry..

dparker
09-16-2013, 03:49 PM
This is what confuses me. In the press conference today Mullen joked about having to go up tempo to get the ball in playmaker's hands more. How hard is it really to call a play intended for your playmakers? I'm honestly asking.

pdawg10msu
09-16-2013, 03:52 PM
I was playing NCAA 14 trying to relieve some anger and I found myself making in-game adjustments and made me even more mad!! How hard is it to make those adjustments during a game!??????

CadaverDawg
09-16-2013, 03:54 PM
This is what confuses me. In the press conference today Mullen joked about having to go up tempo to get the ball in playmaker's hands more. How hard is it really to call a play intended for your playmakers? I'm honestly asking.

You gotta have them in the game first.

And Mullen shouldn't be joking about a damn thing right now after that shit show Saturday.

Bothrops
09-16-2013, 05:30 PM
You gotta have them in the game first.

And Mullen shouldn't be joking about a damn thing right now after that shit show Saturday.

I agree!

HereComesTheSpiral
09-16-2013, 05:33 PM
And Dak had 22 carries, and he's the QB. I know a lot of those were from his reads, but how long do you think that can last and he hold up. Someone probably needs to tell him you're going to take enough hits throughout the season, try and minimize the damage, give it to a RB.

Homedawg
09-16-2013, 06:10 PM
Dak isn't perfect on his reads I assure you.

CadaverDawg
09-16-2013, 06:16 PM
Dak isn't perfect on his reads I assure you.

Nor is he a 5th year Senior.

Political Hack
09-16-2013, 06:34 PM

you mean the guy who ran the ball 8 times?

Dak kept or threw the ball on 50 of our 68 plays last weekend. Nobody else ran the ball. it wasn't just JRob.

Political Hack
09-16-2013, 06:35 PM
although I do agree JRob needs a LOT more touches.

camsu
09-16-2013, 06:36 PM
Dak could have and should have handed off several times to JR and LP but did not. I think after a difficult hand-off mess up, he just ran it. It was a huge learning game for him and hope will pay off in the future. Not all on the Coaches just a young QB and my guess reason Shump did not play more, to young a backfield.