PDA

View Full Version : I've a question for you regular type posters.... re: Paul Finebaum

TUSK
07-12-2017, 03:49 PM
I'm super-curious.... Show of hands, please...

1) How many posters here have followed Paul Finebaum for 25+ years?

2) ....since his Radio Network became syndicated (2001)?

3) ....since his employment at ESPN (2013)?

Jack Lambert
07-12-2017, 03:54 PM
My hands are in my pocket and I don't have a hole in one of them.

LC Dawg
07-12-2017, 03:56 PM
I watched some during the 2014 football season when he actually had a few positive things to say about us. Never before. Never again.

Gutter Cobreh
07-12-2017, 03:59 PM
Honestly, I listened to him before syndication. I stopped regularly listening when he joined ESPN and turned into the Jerry Springer of radio. If on a commute, I would hit the XM station and he would have someone like Phyllis on spewing nonsense. It was over for good at that point.

He was, at one time, pretty good at what he did.

Token Bammer
07-12-2017, 04:03 PM
Paul had a good show in the 90's. Quit listening right after the Saban hire for good. His show is an absolute joke now.

Mimi's Babies
07-12-2017, 04:08 PM
Paul's show has become a TOTAL JOKE.... remove the nuts that are on, state the facts, and stop covering up for freeze....

RocketDawg
07-12-2017, 04:15 PM
Never have listened to him. Now, if I turn over to SECN for some reason, I can't tolerate more than about 5 minutes.

JoseBrown
07-12-2017, 04:16 PM
I started listening to him when I lived in the Delta somewhere in the mid 90's. I could pick him up on the dial up there, just depended how far West I got til I lost him. Then moved back down to central MS and had to get XM Radio to hear him.

He was better back when, but he hated Jackie with a passion...

msstatelp1
07-12-2017, 04:17 PM
Never have, never will

TUSK
07-12-2017, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the responses. It was about as expected.

Mimi's Babies
07-12-2017, 04:29 PM
Thanks for the responses. It was about as expected.

Wish they would locate someone else..... as the host for sure....

BuckyIsAB****
07-12-2017, 04:41 PM
Finebaum and his show went to shit when he went on the SEC network

oldjoedawg
07-12-2017, 04:46 PM
Wish they would locate someone else..... as the host for sure....

Nobody with any semblance of sanity would want to do four hours a day...five days a week and most weeks in the year of listening and trying to respond to most of the inane comments that his callers make.....my question is what in the world drives someone like Finebaum to do that?

tcdog70
07-12-2017, 04:50 PM
Since Tommy Charles whipped his ass.

mcain31
07-12-2017, 04:55 PM
I didn't know of him until the SEC Network deal

Drugdog
07-12-2017, 05:17 PM
I called in to the show for about two weeks. But I couldn't stand the lunatics that I had to hear while being on hold. Quit listening about 4 years ago. Calling it the Jerry Springer of radio is an insult to Jerry Springer. IMO.

Spiderman
07-12-2017, 05:24 PM

Since the internet put his show on, when ever that was. It sucks now, because it used to be regional.

85% State of Alabama, 5% Ms, Ga, TN

Red Sox Dawg
07-12-2017, 05:36 PM

Need another option...who doesn't follow him.
I never have.

PMDawg
07-12-2017, 05:41 PM

Several years ago, I listened to him on Sirius for about 4 months. Gave him a shot, but it was really bad so I didnt last long. Seems like Tammy & Phyllis were new then.

sleepy dawg
07-12-2017, 07:23 PM
3 would be my closest answer, but I wouldn't say I've ever followed him, just listened a few times. I never enjoyed any of it.

AlmostPositive
07-12-2017, 07:28 PM
Garbage TV, regardless of how well or poorly he speaks of us.

TUSK
07-12-2017, 08:28 PM
Thanks, again for all the responses...

I've from this post, I have gleaned that few have followed PF long enough to derive where he's from and what his MO is...

That being understood, the degradation of his "call in" content (which made him marketable) is symbolic of the listener...

For those of you that truly believe PF is a fan of "X" or any enemy of "Y", you are delusional, at best.

He has 0 effs to give...

32 Dive
07-12-2017, 09:15 PM
I started listening to him, while I was a student at State, in the early 90's. It was hard picking it up, during the daytime. I also used to listen to Bob Bell, and Bill King, out of Nashville, on 1510 WLAC. Life was hard, as a college sports radio junkie, in the emergent era of the early 90's. #AMStatic

It took some maturation, on my part, to realize that Paul was just a ringmaster of a circus. I used to take what he said SOOOO seriously, 25 years ago.

TUSK
07-12-2017, 09:24 PM
I started listening to him, while I was a student at State, in the early 90's. It was hard picking it up, during the daytime. I also used to listen to Bob Bell, and Bill King, out of Nashville, on 1510 WLAC. Life was hard, as a college sports radio junkie, in the emergent era of the early 90's. #AMStatic

It took some maturation, on my part, to realize that Paul was just a ringmaster of a circus. I used to take what he said SOOOO seriously, 25 years ago.

25 years ago, you were correct, my friend...

Pollodawg
07-12-2017, 09:38 PM
Watched a few times. Never been an avid follower. Certainly ain't now. He never misses a chance to kick shit in State's face.

Pollodawg
07-12-2017, 09:39 PM
Shock jock. Nothing more.

Apoplectic
07-13-2017, 06:49 AM

No,
No,
No

Reason2succeed
07-13-2017, 07:24 AM
I only watch when there is some specific event I want to here commentary on.

Daytime TV in general is a circus to fill airspace and get advertisements. It's literally a "soap" opera. Hate finebaum if you want but he is doing exactly what he is being told to do. Most of us would rather the NFL TV format of actually content and serious commentary all day but here is the test: how many of you watch many of those shows regularly or can even name them? That is why finebaum does what he does. He is a shock jock. He is the Jerry Spring, Maury Povich, Judge Judy of the SEC and it is working well enough to keep him on air.

Schultzy
07-13-2017, 07:33 AM
1-yes
2-yes
3-no

I used to enjoy listening to him ridicule fans of the various teams, and arguing with a drunk Tim Brando (which is acceptable on sports talk radio) or a drunk Pat Dye.

Now his show is just commercial and uninteresting.

PMDawg
07-13-2017, 07:45 AM
Thanks, again for all the responses...

I've from this post, I have gleaned that few have followed PF long enough to derive where he's from and what his MO is...

That being understood, the degradation of his "call in" content (which made him marketable) is symbolic of the listener...

For those of you that truly believe PF is a fan of "X" or any enemy of "Y", you are delusional, at best.

He has 0 effs to give...

I understood this right away. That's the main reason I didn't last long. He just takes whatever side is going to make the most people angry, because angry people call the show. He's just a giant troll job. That's why I ignore anything and everything he ever says.