PDA

View Full Version : What's really disturbing to me...is the combination of 2 crouds of State fans

cheewgumm
09-16-2013, 12:03 PM
1) "Know your place" fans.

The fans that say we should not expect to win, and whats the big deal because we were "supposed" to lose anyway. Hence, why are people so upset? If this is how we should feel, then why even watch the game? If you don't care if you win, then screw it, I'll watch Breaking Bad reruns.

2) "If we win 7, that is what we should expect, and we should enhance this by scheduling crappy teams to make sure we win 7."
The combination of "know your place" and "lets schedule 7 wins" means not matter what the coach does, you'll have him forever. Because "You cant fire the coach who took you to 3 straight bowl games"...etc..

This is the dangerous scenario we are in. And what makes it even more threatening is what Ole Miss is doing. It's ok to admit it. If you can sit there and think teh 2 things above, then Ole Miss is going to pass us, and in 3 yrs when we are still holding on at 7 wins...they will be curshing our will and making us not care so much about football anymore.

CadaverDawg
09-16-2013, 12:25 PM
First off, you keep mentioning scheduling in your posts.....Look at Alabama's schedule last year. It was weak. You can play a weak OOC schedule and still be a great team. But since MSU has rarely been a great team, it sure is nice to have that weak OOC schedule during the years you DON'T upset SEC powers that are always on your schedule, so that you can still make a bowl game.

I am wanting to make the change while we are still in somewhat of decent shape. Make the change to Hud BEFORE we take a big step back.

The problem is not what you said above....it's being able to see through the wins and losses at what you really have in a coach, and knowing that you can make that change at any time, not just after the ship sinks.