PDA

View Full Version : So...everybody still good burning Shumpert vs Alcorn?

Original48
09-16-2013, 11:47 AM
1 carry, 2 yards vs Auburn. Here's last week's debate for reference...

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?5334-Sorry-if-this-has-been-covered-but-why-did-we-burn-Shumpert&highlight=Shumpert+redshirt

fishwater99
09-16-2013, 11:50 AM
Jut more proof for me that Mullen is not a good coach..

09-16-2013, 11:51 AM
So...we still don't understand that he would not be around for five years.

maroonmania
09-16-2013, 11:53 AM
I'm almost wondering if Mullen made a pledge to Shumpert that he would play his freshman year. We certainly have more than enough RB depth not to need him so I'm thinking that possibly Shumpert really wants to play now. If a talented player like Shumpert REALLY doesn't accept redshirting then you play him and fit him in best you can.

CJDAWG85
09-16-2013, 11:58 AM
You'll more than likely see a lot of him and all of the RB's Saturday

mic
09-16-2013, 12:00 PM
yes you play him. And as of right now no back is really making a case to be THE guy.. And to me Perk doesn't look right .. something looks wrong with him..
RB isn't going to be an issue here in the next 5-6 years.
Aries next year
And in 2015 I have no ****ing idea why we don't offer David Ducre from LA.. I saw him at big dog camp and stood by his dad (didn't know it was his dad at the time) and he said he would commit at big dawg camp if we had offered. Kid has SEC build as a jr in high school..

CadaverDawg
09-16-2013, 12:06 PM
yes you play him. And as of right now no back is really making a case to be THE guy.. And to me Perk doesn't look right .. something looks wrong with him..
RB isn't going to be an issue here in the next 5-6 years.
Aries next year
And in 2015 I have no ****ing idea why we don't offer David Ducre from LA.. I saw him at big dog camp and stood by his dad (didn't know it was his dad at the time) and he said he would commit at big dawg camp if we had offered. Kid has SEC build as a jr in high school..

The main reason nobody is emerging, is because none of them get in any sort of a rhythm. Hell, we split carries between 6 guys!! Perk, JRob, Milton, Griffin, Shump, and Dak. How in the hell can we get a rhythm going if we rotate backs every play? Mullen is killing me...offensive guru my ass.

Original48
09-16-2013, 12:08 PM
Where's he going?

PassInterference
09-16-2013, 12:12 PM
What is not good is platooning 4-5 RBs. I think we need 2 RBs getting PT, and a 3rd getting the occasional carry just for the experience.

DownwardDawg
09-16-2013, 12:14 PM
We're saving him for the tough games.***

DownwardDawg
09-16-2013, 12:16 PM
I was OK with it last week, but I thought he would get some carries. 1 carry???? WTF is that all about?

Homedawg
09-16-2013, 12:18 PM

We have had a grand total of 2 players leave Mississippi State early for the draft. So you are convinced after watching the alcorn game he will be number 3? There are reasons not to redshirt guys- they are grade risks and can't make it 5 years, they can't help you win today, etc. and maybe shump can help us, but not w 1 carry! If they aren't going to play him, then he should have been redshirted. Doesn't matter, too late now.

hacker
09-16-2013, 12:22 PM
yes.

Coach34
09-16-2013, 12:25 PM

Says who? Nobody has any idea as to what will happen on this front. His length of time at State is purely speculation.

Original48
09-16-2013, 12:33 PM
We have had a grand total of 2 players leave Mississippi State early for the draft. So you are convinced after watching the alcorn game he will be number 3? There are reasons not to redshirt guys- they are grade risks and can't make it 5 years, they can't help you win today, etc. and maybe shump can help us, but not w 1 carry! If they aren't going to play him, then he should have been redshirted. Doesn't matter, too late now.
This is exactly my point 660K. I'm not questioning Shumpert's talent. I just don't get Mullen's strategy and use of him at all.

mic
09-16-2013, 12:49 PM
The number of carries will only increase for our backs IF we keep Dak at QB.. This was basically his 1st start. I don't count Alcorn ..
I think will start seeing a lot more 2 RB sets hell maybe even 3..
There are just SO many options that we can go with .
CDM should have a hard on with this.!!!
3-4 solid RB's, a mobile QB that has a arm , 2 big TE's, a couple of fast slot guys (lewis hollaway) and some big tall(but raw and young) WR...

CadaverDawg
09-16-2013, 01:10 PM
The number of carries will only increase for our backs IF we keep Dak at QB.. This was basically his 1st start. I don't count Alcorn ..
3-4 solid RB's, a mobile QB that has a arm , 2 big TE's, a couple of fast slot guys (lewis hollaway) and some big tall(but raw and young) WR...

Yep, you are exactly right. How you could be so terrible at calling plays with our personnel? It is almost scary how terrible Mullen has become, to not be able to put a gameplan together with this group of backs, WR's, TE's, and Dak. Absolutely ridiculous.

Dawg61
09-16-2013, 01:41 PM
I'd like to see some more traditional running formations and actually see which one of these RB's is the man. Some relentless pounding of the fb mixed in with play-action passing.

maroonmania
09-16-2013, 01:57 PM

More than likely the exact opposite is true. When Tyler is in the game pretty much all of the running plays go to the RBs, with Dak in he took 22 carries on his own the other night while the RBs only got a combined 14. In fact one of Dak's biggest issues right now is he is WAY too prone to keeping the ball. Even after Auburn adjusted their defense to stop his runs up the middle he still insisted on keeping the ball most of the time. I know on the 1st and 15 play after we got the Whitley INT Dak kept it up the middle for a 1 yard gain whereas if he had let Perk have it running around the end there was nobody over there except for one DB being blocked by our WR.

fishwater99
09-16-2013, 02:24 PM
I'd like to see some more traditional running formations and actually see which one of these RB's is the man. Some relentless pounding of the fb mixed in with play-action passing.

I would too, but we don't have a Fullback...

Coach34
09-16-2013, 02:25 PM
I would too, but we don't have a Fullback...

People seem to lose sight of this. We dont really have a FB to put in the game- so you are not going to see it

CadaverDawg
09-16-2013, 02:36 PM
Holmes.

But no, we won't see it

Dawg61
09-16-2013, 02:47 PM
Why do you have to have a FB? Just run a one back or "Ace" formation.