PDA

View Full Version : Clarion Liar article about LL filing

Dawgs87
07-12-2017, 12:04 PM
Mississippi State linebacker Leo Lewis firmly denied Rebel Rags' accusation that he knowingly provided false information during the NCAA investigation process into Ole Miss' football program.

John Wheeler, Lewis' lawyer, also argued in response to Rebel Rags' suit that the retail clothing store's complaint is unsubstantiated and the case's venue should not be held in Lafayette County. Wheeler requested that Lewis be severed from the other defendants, MSU player Kobe Jones and Lindsey Miller, Laremy Tunsil's estranged stepfather.

?You can?t stand to recover damages for defamation when you self-publish a defamatory or alleged defamatory comment," Wheeler told The Clarion-Ledger. "It?s important to remember that the truth is absolute defense to any claim of defamation. Always has been, always will be.?

cont'd....

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/mississippi-state/2017/07/12/leo-lewis-attorney-responds-rebel-rags-allegations/467555001/

1bigdawg
07-12-2017, 12:13 PM
Thank you for saving me the "click."

Dawgs87
07-12-2017, 12:18 PM
That was what I was hoping to do, without posting a wall of text.

starkvegasdawg
07-12-2017, 12:22 PM
Is Leo wanting his case separated SOP?

ShotgunDawg
07-12-2017, 12:23 PM
But Yancy & David Johnson said Leo would be recanting his story*

Why do people pay people to lie to them?

mstatefan91
07-12-2017, 12:28 PM
Is Leo wanting his case separated SOP?

My guess is that separating the cases will make it much more $$$ and time consuming for RR. Makes it more likely that RR just drops all of it.

That and it's the right thing to do. You should have to prove against each party. Not a group

HSVDawg
07-12-2017, 12:30 PM
But Yancy & David Johnson said Leo would be recanting his story*

Why do people pay people to lie to them?

It's a very fluid situation and the recantment was recanted. Orchestrated by Mullen****

MetEdDawg
07-12-2017, 12:31 PM
I would guess separating allows Wheeler to not have to worry about anything that might be involved with Kobe affecting Leo. If something negative happened in Kobe's part of the trial, Leo, by association, would be seen in the same light. I personally think there is no advantage to having them stay together, but also don't think it's something concerning.

To add, how badass is that last sentence by Wheeler. The truth can not be defamatory. I love that.

preachermatt83
07-12-2017, 02:31 PM
Wheeler was an outstanding choice.

shannondawg
07-12-2017, 03:13 PM
Wheeler was an outstanding choice.

He's a friend of my son in law and he says that John Wheeler is a bad ass. "He defends all the doctors at North Ms Medical , and one of the smartest mofo's I know."

Jack Lambert
07-12-2017, 03:33 PM
My guess is that separating the cases will make it much more $$$ and time consuming for RR. Makes it more likely that RR just drops all of it.

That and it's the right thing to do. You should have to prove against each party. Not a group

It will also make change of Venue easier with one defendant.