PDA

View Full Version : Gabe Myles speaks...

Perpetual Underachiever
07-10-2017, 08:40 PM
https://twitter.com/GabeMyles5/status/884573040826363904

Sounds grounded and focused. Could be YUGE for our offense if he turns it around this year.

Pollodawg
07-10-2017, 08:46 PM
Gabe could add a whole other dimension.

Dallas_Dawg
07-10-2017, 08:58 PM
We need to look at the A&M tape from 2014 and get Gabe the ball on bubble screens. Dude's got moves in the open field

CadaverDawg
07-10-2017, 09:09 PM
Gabe stepping up would be so incredibly big for our team this year. We need a complement to Gray....Myles could be that guy

BuckyIsAB****
07-10-2017, 09:19 PM
Gabe will shut a lot of people up this year. Hes caught a lot of flak and deservedly so but last year wasnt Gabey Football

CadaverDawg
07-10-2017, 09:36 PM
Gabe will shut a lot of people up this year. Hes caught a lot of flak and deservedly so but last year wasnt Gabey Football

Is he a Junior or Senior?

ShotgunDawg
07-10-2017, 09:47 PM
It's great that Gabe realizes he stunk and I respect his beliefs and find them awfully mature. However, I'm not sure I heard anything that suggests he's going to have a big year. In fact, much of what I heard was a guy that realizes he's probably not going to the NFL, coming to grips with who he is and what his significance in life is.

Perhaps that allows him to relax more, but again, I don't see anything he said as significant towards football. What he just spoke about was something people at the end of their career normally speak about. Not guys that are about to have a huge year.

Hope I'm wrong. Just calling it like I see it.

Bully13
07-10-2017, 09:51 PM
I would put more odds on him stepping up big time after seeing what I just saw. that is a great post and God Bless you Gabe. Damn good son, damn good. go get it.

Todd4State
07-10-2017, 09:59 PM
He'll probably have a nice senior year. If he can catch more intermediate passes next year that would be nice.

preachermatt83
07-10-2017, 10:00 PM
We need to look at the A&M tape from 2014 and get Gabe the ball on bubble screens. Dude's got moves in the open field

Amen!!!!! That's how he needs to be used.

Jack Lambert
07-10-2017, 10:08 PM
In 2014 he was pretty good then fell off the map. I had breakfast with his dad the morning after the BYU Game. His dad is a good guy and walked on at Miss State.

Jack Lambert
07-10-2017, 10:09 PM
Is he a Junior or Senior?

Senior. I don't think he red shirted.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-10-2017, 10:17 PM
Senior. I don't think he red shirted.

He's a RS Sr

mstatefan91
07-10-2017, 10:27 PM
It's great that Gabe realizes he stunk and I respect his beliefs and find them awfully mature. However, I'm not sure I heard anything that suggests he's going to have a big year. In fact, much of what I heard was a guy that realizes he's probably not going to the NFL, coming to grips with who he is and what his significance in life is.

Perhaps that allows him to relax more, but again, I don't see anything he said as significant towards football. What he just spoke about was something people at the end of their career normally speak about. Not guys that are about to have a huge year.

I think the message might have gone over your head.

There are some things that are just a whole lot bigger than MSU football.

Reason2succeed
07-10-2017, 10:38 PM

I heard a lot. I just hope he is getting to the root of it. In recovery we call it unmanageability and insanity. We place substances, people or even emotions before our Higher Power (God) then we are in for a world of hurt. Focus is lost and productivity suffers. But when a person really does the emotional and spiritual work they usually find more success in their endeavors.

mstatefan91
07-10-2017, 10:42 PM
I heard a lot. I just hope he is getting to the root of it. In recovery we call it unmanageability and insanity. We place substances, people or even emotions before our Higher Power (God) then we are in for a world of hurt. Focus is lost and productivity suffers. But when a person really does the emotional and spiritual work they usually find more success in their endeavors.

At the end of the day, if all Gabe gets out of this is a stronger faith and relationship with God, then he has a whole lot more than a whole lot of people who are struggling to fill that hole.

Beaver
07-10-2017, 10:42 PM

Fair enough. But even if he doesn't have a huge year, he seems like he'll help the team any way he can instead of focusing on his numbers.

Leroy Jenkins
07-10-2017, 11:01 PM

Tubby wasn't an NFL guy but I would take that level of production in a heartbeat at this point. Hell, I might even settle for Arceto "secret weapon" Clark.

Bully13
07-10-2017, 11:35 PM
Gabe will be my man this year. look for him to be grabbin' some passes from Fitz in the flat. watch for masses amounts of yards after catch. do we have a stat for that?

yall just wait. save this thread for future smack down.

Make it So.

mstatefan91
07-11-2017, 12:23 AM
Tubby wasn't an NFL guy but I would take that level of production in a heartbeat at this point. Hell, I might even settle for Arceto "secret weapon" Clark.

Arceto was/is underrated. That man made huge catches in big time situations. I would take a receiver like him in a heart beat.

CadaverDawg
07-11-2017, 12:32 AM

http://replygif.net/i/189.gif

PMDawg
07-11-2017, 07:21 AM
http://replygif.net/i/189.gif

rep given.

Mimi's Babies
07-11-2017, 07:23 AM
When one has their priorities in the correct order EVERYTHING else in their lives will fall into place....
I see GOD using Gabe in big ways this year on the field and off..... God bless you, Gabe....
1. God
2. Family
3. Others (MSU Football, in this case)
4. Self....

Dawg-gone-dawgs
07-11-2017, 09:19 AM
Classy young man.

thf24
07-11-2017, 09:30 AM
If he can start catching the ball down the field then he could easily have a huge year. Teams are going to be blanketing Gray and there will be a ton of opportunities for whichever guy steps up to be #2 early on.

tcdog70
07-11-2017, 09:44 AM
he has the talent, the size, the speed--Hell , Gabe just catch the ball and haul ass. It ain't Rocket Surgery**

MrKotter
07-11-2017, 10:15 AM

You, clearly, missed what he was saying.

ShotgunDawg
07-11-2017, 10:16 AM
You, clearly, missed what he was saying.

Not really. I just fail to see what it has to do with football.