PDA

View Full Version : Andy Staples article on Fitzgerald

CadaverDawg
07-10-2017, 12:09 PM
https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/07/10/nick-fitzgerald-mississippi-state-sec-media-days

BrunswickDawg
07-10-2017, 12:13 PM
http://nemp.otago.ac.nz/read_speak/2004/media/Shrek%20col.jpg

CadaverDawg
07-10-2017, 12:14 PM
http://nemp.otago.ac.nz/read_speak/2004/media/Shrek%20col.jpg

Lol, yep. Good article, and I really hope Fitz has improved his passing & leadership...if he has, watch out.

DancingRabbit
07-10-2017, 12:18 PM
"There was never really a school that was like 'We want you as a quarterback. I'm going to develop you as a quarterback. That's the position you're going to play.' Until I talked to Coach Mullen."

https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/07/10/nick-fitzgerald-mississippi-state-sec-media-days

https://media.tenor.com/images/0f864581edab8811dcc8541b9e232804/tenor.gif

BrunswickDawg
07-10-2017, 12:22 PM
Lol, yep. Good article, and I really hope Fitz has improved his passing & leadership...if he has, watch out.
As always, it comes down to the OL. If Rankin to C is move that makes that unit gel, we could really be looking at 2014 Part Deaux. You know I'm a sunshine guy, but I really think this team will shock some people.

dawgman15
07-10-2017, 12:32 PM
I can't buy in too much until I see some improvement from our receiving corp. Too many dropped passes. Not overly convinced our defense will be great, lots of new starters on the line.

1bigdawg
07-10-2017, 12:44 PM
I believe the receivers will be better because they know who the starter is and can work with him in the off season. Last year, there were three quarterbacks in contention and they all had different touch.

The OL is the most talented in years. It remains to be seen if we have the coaching to make that translate onto the field.

Pollodawg
07-10-2017, 12:46 PM
I feel like we could be good, but I feel like we could be 7-6 too.

lamont
07-10-2017, 12:48 PM
As always, it comes down to the OL. If Rankin to C is move that makes that unit gel, we could really be looking at 2014 Part Deaux. You know I'm a sunshine guy, but I really think this team will shock some people.

Sounds like Rankin is the back-up C if a major injury took place...Look for Jenkins at C, Rankin along with Calhoun on the left side. Probably Williams at RG and with Reese at RT

BrunswickDawg
07-10-2017, 12:54 PM
Sounds like Rankin is the back-up C if a major injury took place...Look for Jenkins at C, Rankin along with Calhoun on the left side. Probably Williams at RG and with Reese at RT
Which is even better. That's leaves a left and middle that is solid intact.

Beckerdawg
07-10-2017, 12:58 PM
So, Bucky didn't think he could teach Nic how to throw a bubble screen?

Johnson85
07-10-2017, 01:00 PM
I can't buy in too much until I see some improvement from our receiving corp. Too many dropped passes. Not overly convinced our defense will be great, lots of new starters on the line.

I receiving corp will certainly keep us from being an elite team, but we could in theory win 10 games without being elite (more realistically, 9 as we're going to have several toss-up games if we're not elite).

I don't think our O-Line is going to be that good, so short of our defense being lights out good, I'm hoping for 7 wins.

Pollodawg
07-10-2017, 01:11 PM
We're not gonna win ten games. I just don't see it. 8-5 sure. Ten? No.

Dawgfan77
07-10-2017, 01:48 PM
Hodge at RT.

Reason2succeed
07-10-2017, 02:12 PM
I believe the receivers will be better because they know who the starter is and can work with him in the off season. Last year, there were three quarterbacks in contention and they all had different touch.

The OL is the most talented in years. It remains to be seen if we have the coaching to make that translate onto the field.

I agree. With Nick as the uncontested starter this year they have nothing to do all summer but go out and play 7 on 7 in the morning and at night. If D'Runya can come out of nowhere why can't Reggie Todd or Jamal Couch? I also like the number of TEs we have. They are a mismatch. Could it be that Mullen saw what Eason did at OM and what the Arkansas TEs did and decided to do it at State? I hope so.

Tbonewannabe
07-10-2017, 03:21 PM
I agree. With Nick as the uncontested starter this year they have nothing to do all summer but go out and play 7 on 7 in the morning and at night. If D'Runya can come out of nowhere why can't Reggie Todd or Jamal Couch? I also like the number of TEs we have. They are a mismatch. Could it be that Mullen saw what Eason did at OM and what the Arkansas TEs did and decided to do it at State? I hope so.

Our TEs could make up for lack of outside WRs. Couch looks the part in some highlight videos but he didn't show it in the spring game. I hope our defense kicks other team's asses they way they did our team in the spring game. Rankin and Calhoun on the left side might be one of the better left sides in the SEC. If we get the guy from UT for the RT then our Oline looks a lot better.

dawgman15
07-10-2017, 03:48 PM
Reggie Todd looked pretty good in the spring game. He put on a little weight during his redshirt year and he was a 4 star out of high school, I am expecting big things out him. Couch does look the part, but that doesn't mean much.

Jack Lambert
07-10-2017, 03:49 PM

I worry about pass blocking. Seems that Williams makes the line better on running plays.