PDA

View Full Version : SEC Media Days Thread

CadaverDawg
07-10-2017, 08:53 AM
I'm already seeing wacko's in the media picking South Carolina to win the East. I know Bentley looks good, but winning the East? Is the East that damn bad? It's a shame we couldn't be over there this year....we would probably win that Division

Dawg-gone-dawgs
07-10-2017, 09:03 AM
I would feel pretty good about our chances of winning the East this year. Next year I would feel VERY confident in that.

Dallas_Dawg
07-10-2017, 09:18 AM
I wouldn't bet against Florida. Seems like they get overlooked every year and find a way to win it.

confucius say
07-10-2017, 09:25 AM
You will see momentum build for uga through the week and the media will pick them to win the east.

BuckyIsAB****
07-10-2017, 10:23 AM
When do we go at Media Days

Dawgtini
07-10-2017, 10:34 AM
When do we go at Media Days

Tomorrow some time. I want to say it is 1300-1500.

BuckyIsAB****
07-10-2017, 10:35 AM
Tomorrow some time. I want to say it is 1300-1500.

Military time we must be taking ours extra serious this year

JoseBrown
07-10-2017, 10:38 AM
We are Tuesday afternoon.

I've seen some pick USC as well in the East, and I agree we'll see some UGA love. I think they will both be overrated, but watch out I've heard rumblings of the East being much improved and some say could be better than the West this year. I'm curios to see how the media reacts this week. They tend to play along with their like sometimes.

There is no way I see us losing to UK again or the East being any closer to the West. I think UF has to be the favorite in the East still. We'll see. What do y'all think about the East?

Tbonewannabe
07-10-2017, 10:39 AM
Some guy put his ballot out there and he had in the West, AU #1, Bama #2, UNM #3, LSU #4, Ark #5, MSU #6, A&M #7. I don't see UNM doing anything more than 6th if they aren't at the bottom. That defense was awful and they have a first time DC. They didn't really bring in immediate help either. Shay Shay isn't going to lead them to the promised land by himself. The Oline and WR are ok but they still won't have a running game to go with that shitastic defense.

BuckyIsAB****
07-10-2017, 10:41 AM
East will come down to UGA and UF with SC, UT, and UK having a chance if things go the right way. Would think UT had a better shot but lost all faith in them

Bothrops
07-10-2017, 10:47 AM
Kentucky should be better than SC. SC winning the East is ridiculous.

dawgman15
07-10-2017, 10:51 AM
Why does everyone get down on A&M, they have recruited with the best of them. I don't see how Arky can get too much love, they've beat us once in the past 4 tries.

Tbonewannabe
07-10-2017, 10:54 AM
East will come down to UGA and UF with SC, UT, and UK having a chance if things go the right way. Would think UT had a better shot but lost all faith in them

The East might be the biggest crap shoot since the SEC divisions started. Everyone but Vandy has a shot to win it. UK and USCe are finally stable enough to compete on the field with the rest of the East. Whoever wins the East would probably be 3rd or 4th in the West.

notsofarawaydawg
07-10-2017, 11:33 AM
ASSChoff Kissing Freezus Ass (http://www.espn.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/129721/five-storylines-to-watch-at-the-2017-sec-media-days)

Why do they keep talking like this is all that TCUN will suffer? Total bullshit.

TrapGame
07-10-2017, 11:47 AM
Any bets that Freeze gives a sermon on his day?

Title of the sermon: "Those without penalties cast the first yellow flag."

OR...

"We all make mistakes and Jesus is ok with that."

JoseBrown
07-10-2017, 12:03 PM
Why does everyone get down on A&M, they have recruited with the best of them. I don't see how Arky can get too much love, they've beat us once in the past 4 tries.

Oh, that's easy, because every year they are cruising thru half of the season in the top 10, then they lose to everyone including us and TCUN. With those great recruits.

JoseBrown
07-10-2017, 12:08 PM
ASSChoff Kissing Freezus Ass (http://www.espn.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/129721/five-storylines-to-watch-at-the-2017-sec-media-days)

Why do they keep talking like this is all that TCUN will suffer? Total bullshit.

He said Freeze will be inundated with NCAA questions....I'll believe it when I see it. My prediction is two questions about it, and that's it. Unless he gets 2 fluff questions also as to how he plans on defeating the NCAA.***

Coldsleeve Jr.
07-10-2017, 01:46 PM
I wouldn't bet against Florida. Seems like they get overlooked every year and find a way to win it.

Their D has been really good under JM. Their offense has been horrendous tho.

I seen it dawg
07-10-2017, 02:14 PM
Laura Rutledge has great posture...
Spears is great...
Rodgers may not be too bad...
Mcilroy ive tried to accept but he grates my nerves the first sound out of his mouth..

CJDAWG85
07-10-2017, 02:20 PM

A&M never lives up to expectations. Sumlin will get fired this year if he doesn't win 9+ games. When you recruit on that level at a school with that much money and support, you can't underachieve every single year.

BuckyIsAB****
07-10-2017, 02:23 PM
Spears is great...
Mcilroy ive tried to accept but he grates my nerves the first sound out of his mouth..

McElroy is 10x better than a lot of people they have. The worst by far is booger mcfarland

I seen it dawg
07-10-2017, 02:44 PM
McElroy is 10x better than a lot of people they have. The worst by far is booger mcfarland

Although booger wasn't an all star he had made tremendous improvement from when he got there. Mcilroy just has shitbird written all over him to me. I can't shake it.

basedog
07-10-2017, 03:19 PM
Anybody that has a name like Booger has shitbird written all over it and I can't shake it.

I seen it dawg
07-10-2017, 03:23 PM
Haha touche

Perpetual Underachiever
07-10-2017, 03:41 PM
Although booger wasn't an all star he had made tremendous improvement from when he got there. Mcilroy just has shitbird written all over him to me. I can't shake it.

Good point. I couldn't quite put my finger on why I didn't like him, but I now realize it's his shitbirdish tone.

JoseBrown
07-10-2017, 04:19 PM

Although he may have shitbird all over him, he does give us credit when others don't. He may have a good relationship with Dan or someone. I really have no idea, but when he did our breakdown prior to 2014 he predicted Dak to be a Heisman candidate and us to win 9, 10 or 11 games... I'm curios to hear his thoughts on us this year.

Perpetual Underachiever
07-10-2017, 04:45 PM
If Pawwwwl would ask 1/100th the critical questions of Frezus, as he does Butch, this week would actually be entertaining. Pawwwl doesn't pull any punches for UT or Butch.

DownwardDawg
07-10-2017, 04:46 PM
McElroy is by far the best on the SEC network.

Tbonewannabe
07-10-2017, 04:57 PM
McElroy is by far the best on the SEC network.

Hell, I like McElroy better than Matt Wyatt. At least Greg gives us some credit where Matt is just agreeing with Dick all the time. Of course Greg isn't worried about the taco stand being closed at home if he talks up MSU.

I seen it dawg
07-10-2017, 05:43 PM
Hell, I like McElroy better than Matt Wyatt. At least Greg gives us some credit where Matt is just agreeing with Dick all the time. Of course Greg isn't worried about the taco stand being closed at home if he talks up MSU.

Haha Rep given

WSOPdawg
07-10-2017, 05:50 PM

Ding ding ding -- well said, Tbone. :) Rep given.

msbulldog
07-10-2017, 06:14 PM
Spears is great...

Damn, I seen it, I really believe you were paying attention to Laura's posture, C'mon Mane!

I seen it dawg
07-10-2017, 06:22 PM
Damn, I seen it, I really believe you were paying attention to Laura's posture, C'mon Mane!

They needed to do more close ups of her beautiful hammers, I mean dress. Sit up straight does wonders for the chest.

msbulldog
07-10-2017, 06:53 PM
They needed to do more close ups of her beautiful hammers, I mean dress. Sit up straight does wonders for the chest.

Yep!

lamont
07-10-2017, 07:28 PM
Their D has been really good under JM. Their offense has been horrendous tho.

He has lost his starting QB both years to also. No school outside of Bama wins with their 2nd QB- yet Mac has

lamont
07-10-2017, 07:37 PM
Auburn-Bama winner decides the West
Fla-Jawja winner decides the East

Then its LSU as the best team among a cluster of very improved teams in the SEC. Its going to be a war among the 11-14 teams in the SEC to be bowl eligible. The bottom of the conference is better and is going to make for a bunch of 7-5 and 6-6 teams.

confucius say
07-10-2017, 07:42 PM
He has lost his starting QB both years to also. No school outside of Bama wins with their 2nd QB- yet Mac has

Bc he had 6 NFL guys on his defense. The offense, for which he is responsible, has sucked.

And dan won with his second qb in dak and even his third, true freshman qb in Williams.

Pollodawg
07-10-2017, 07:59 PM

Then its LSU as the best team among a cluster of very improved teams in the SEC. Its going to be a war among the 11-14 teams in the SEC to be bowl eligible. The bottom of the conference is better and is going to make for a bunch of 7-5 and 6-6 teams.
Agreed. I can see people being high on Auburn. I get why you're high on LSU from a talent standpoint, but I'm in wait and see mode there. If I had to pick right now, I'd say Bama v UGA in Hotlanta.

Reason2succeed
07-11-2017, 03:10 AM

After listening to O and Guice interviews we ought to beat them from a mental aspect. Guice is very cocky and seems selfish. His admiration of O seems shallow and could be broken easily if we can force O into the bad decisions that we know he is capable of. In his interview O said the only things he learned from his experience at OM was to trust his coaching staff and treat the players like his own sons. That's a great line but if he didn't learn more than that then he is susceptible to getting beat again. He just sounds like he is in over his head. Mullen needs to exploit him.

OT- Does anyone know what creates that raspy Cajun voice that O has? It sounds like an incredibly damaged vocal cord maybe due to screaming and yelling too much.

msbulldog
07-11-2017, 06:14 AM
After listening to O and Guice interviews we ought to beat them from a mental aspect. Guice is very cocky and seems selfish. His admiration of O seems shallow and could be broken easily if we can force O into the bad decisions that we know he is capable of. In his interview O said the only things he learned from his experience at OM was to trust his coaching staff and treat the players like his own sons. That's a great line but if he didn't learn more than that then he is susceptible to getting beat again. He just sounds like he is in over his head. Mullen needs to exploit him.

OT- Does anyone know what creates that raspy Cajun voice that O has? It sounds like an incredibly damaged vocal cord maybe due to screaming and yelling too much.

He needs to learn not to go on 4th down with the game and your job on the line, like he did against us.