PDA

View Full Version : 1-on-1 interview with Jett Johnson

pdawg10msu
07-09-2017, 09:38 PM
https://hailstatetakes.com/2017/07/07/1-on-1-with-bulldog-commit-jett-johnson/

Hope y'all like! Feel free to discuss on here!

pdawg10msu
07-10-2017, 07:02 AM
By the way guys, Jett was a pleasure to meet. He is a real good young man and he reminds me a lot of Richie Brown.

missouridawg
07-10-2017, 07:07 AM
Then vs than.

pdawg10msu
07-10-2017, 07:32 AM
Then vs than.
So you didn't like?

Drugdog
07-10-2017, 07:49 AM
Good information. Thanks. Looking forward to see him play. Nice job!

dickiedawg
07-10-2017, 07:49 AM
A real student of the game, I presume.

pdawg10msu
07-10-2017, 08:15 AM

Seems to be. I'm probably gonna do a follow up interview and go more in depth with him.

Reason2succeed
07-10-2017, 08:27 AM

I'm sure he has a high motor.

CadaverDawg
07-10-2017, 09:14 AM
I thought it was good. I could do without the "favorite _____?" questions....Personally I don't think anyone cares about that stuff. If you want people to be anxious for your interviews, make them packed with informative info about football. Mom's and girlfriends like the favorite movie stuff, but your clicks are going to come from guys like EliteDawgs....so more questions about what type of player he is, where He feels he fits in Grantham's scheme, who is another defensive player you're hoping MSU lands to join you this recruiting class, are you and the guys helping recruit since you're already firmly committed, etc...

Just my opinion, of course. But a pretty good interview. Thanks.

mparkerfd20
07-10-2017, 09:22 AM
Good Lort, jorts (Gene) has some competition!

QuadrupleOption
07-10-2017, 09:30 AM

I read it, and thought it was a fun interview. I do have a few things critique-wise:
1) I don't know why MSU fans are so combative but I think in the long run if you guys want to be successful you need to do it by standing above the crowd, not by trying to drag others down. Starting off by going after another MSU site isn't going to do you any favors in the long run - personally, I'd take down the 'What is HailStateTakeover?' article and rewrite it to remove the digs at M&W Nation. Today's adversary is tomorrow's business partner.
2) I like your articles, I like your enthusiasm, and I like your prolificity. Don't change that.
3) Having said that, and I'm not the first to say it - you guys really need a copy editor. Too many mistakes in an article gives the impression that you don't know what you're doing or that you are unintelligent. I know that's not the case, but your writing is how you interact with the world. So spend some time polishing it up before you post it.

pdawg10msu
07-10-2017, 09:34 AM
Wonderful feedback guys. These are the kinda discussions I enjoy. I'm always a fan of making my work better and getting a positive critique is one of the things that helps me the most.

Johnson85
07-10-2017, 09:48 AM

I presume y'all are working with the MSU compliance office to make sure y'all aren't inadvertently causing problems through contact with unsigned players?

Or already know all the rules from previous work?

Perpetual Underachiever
07-10-2017, 10:59 AM
I read it, and thought it was a fun interview. I do have a few things critique-wise:
1) I don't know why MSU fans are so combative but I think in the long run if you guys want to be successful you need to do it by standing above the crowd, not by trying to drag others down. Starting off by going after another MSU site isn't going to do you any favors in the long run - personally, I'd take down the 'What is HailStateTakeover?' article and rewrite it to remove the digs at M&W Nation. Today's adversary is tomorrow's business partner.
2) I like your articles, I like your enthusiasm, and I like your prolificity. Don't change that.
3) Having said that, and I'm not the first to say it - you guys really need a copy editor. Too many mistakes in an article gives the impression that you don't know what you're doing or that you are unintelligent. I know that's not the case, but your writing is how you interact with the world. So spend some time polishing it up before you post it.

^^^Agree with all of the above. Another critique would be the aesthetics of the site, it feels like an amateur blog. Not exactly a visually stimulating or memorable site...really needs more pictures, graphics, different layout, etc.

Lastly, where are the ads? We've become so accustomed to seeing ad's that it feels weird when they're missing. If your not utilizing digital advertising or accepting donations/crowd-funding, then how are you financing this endeavor.

Best of luck.

pdawg10msu
07-10-2017, 11:31 AM
I presume y'all are working with the MSU compliance office to make sure y'all aren't inadvertently causing problems through contact with unsigned players?

Or already know all the rules from previous work?
Actually did that this morning after recieveing threats from Ole Miss fans( go figure). Though I attend games and my dad and grandfather are Bulldog club members, I'm not an actual member, therefore I don't fall under NCAAs classification of a booster.

pdawg10msu
07-10-2017, 11:32 AM
^^^Agree with all of the above. Another critique would be the aesthetics of the site, it feels like an amateur blog. Not exactly a visually stimulating or memorable site...really needs more pictures, graphics, different layout, etc.

Lastly, where are the ads? We've become so accustomed to seeing ad's that it feels weird when they're missing. If your not utilizing digital advertising or accepting donations/crowd-funding, then how are you financing this endeavor.

Best of luck.

We are currently working on having ads installed. It's actually quite a hurdle but should by the end of the month.

Dawg61
07-10-2017, 11:39 AM
Actually did that this morning after recieveing threats from Ole Miss fans( go figure). Though I attend games and my dad and grandfather are Bulldog club members, I'm not an actual member, therefore I don't fall under NCAAs classification of a booster.

You might want to post this on SPS then

pdawg10msu
07-10-2017, 11:49 AM
They blocked me I guess. Won't let me reply to anything.

pdawg10msu
07-10-2017, 11:54 AM

Never mind I got it.

aldawgbite
07-10-2017, 11:58 AM
If so then you need to quite stating on message boards you are a fourth Generation Bulldog Club Member. Nothing more TSUN fans would love is to have a NCAA violation to report on MSU. So we all need to be vigilant in abiding by all the NCAA rules.

pdawg10msu
07-10-2017, 11:59 AM
If so then you need to quite stating on message boards you are a fourth Generation Bulldog Club Member. Nothing more TSUN fans would love is to have a NCAA violation to report on MSU. So we all need to be vigilant in abiding by all the NCAA rules.
You are correct.