PDA

View Full Version : Watching the Alabama vs Ole Miss game and......

Jack Lambert
07-09-2017, 05:54 PM
Why does Bama play so bad and make so many mistakes when they play Ole Miss?

Also Engram is the guy who made that offense work. Freezes type offense might struggle some next year with out him. That dude could play.

DownwardDawg
07-09-2017, 05:57 PM
It's very early in the season and the fast pace on top of that. That's it.

Pollodawg
07-09-2017, 05:57 PM
Freeze's whole team will struggle next season when they lose a couple and the full realization that they have nothing to play for settles in. But, yeah, they'll miss Engram on a more specific level.

Todd4State
07-09-2017, 06:13 PM

Also Engram is the guy who made that offense work. Freezes type offense might struggle some next year with out him. That dude could play.

Two words- Lane Kiffen.

If Kiffen doesn't try to pretend that he's the next coming of Bill Walsh and run the ball they win both games.

BuckyIsAB****
07-09-2017, 06:24 PM
OM flat out came to play when they beat them in oxford have to give them credit. Kiffin did make some questionable calls especially not running the ball when they were getting 4-5 a pop. When OM won in tuscaloosa they know they got lucky as sin. 7 turnovers and the bounce off the helmet pass was just pure luck. Last year Bama was breaking in a new QB and again, especially early on OM was getting after their ass. They weren't intimidated. Better team won in the end though

I seen it dawg
07-09-2017, 06:27 PM
Kiffin should be banned from coaching with the trash he perpetrated

Reason2succeed
07-09-2017, 07:18 PM
When playing superior talented teams you want to play them early in the season when they are still putting things together. OM has an advantage because they play HS level plays that are easily memorized by their caliber of "student" athletes. HF's system is all about immediate benefits and does not prepare players for the next level at all (see LaQuon Treadwell and RN).

Plus all the other stuff that you guys said and that's why OM can beat Bama and lose to Memphis in the same season.

Todd4State
07-09-2017, 07:28 PM
When playing superior talented teams you want to play them early in the season when they are still putting things together. OM has an advantage because they play HS level plays that are easily memorized by their caliber of "student" athletes. HF's system is all about immediate benefits and does not prepare players for the next level at all (see LaQuon Treadwell and RN).

Plus all the other stuff that you guys said and that's why OM can beat Bama and lose to Memphis in the same season.

They also seemed to catch a lot of teams at the right time in 2014 and 2015. It amazes me that people like Alabama and Georgia refuse to run against them and take the win. Give Dan big time credit for keeping the ball on the ground in the Egg Bowl and throwing a lot less than normal. Result was a blow out win which would have been even more lopsided had we not been caught with our pants down on a fake punt.

Spiderman
07-09-2017, 07:31 PM

Ole Miss scored on Bama the only way teams have done lately. Win one on one balls with the WR on man coverage. To beat Bama, you have to win those. You will never have success much against Bama running the ball.

If we want to beat Bama, our WR's can't drop balls when open, see '14, and have to go up and get others when it's one on one.

We need WR's terribly

LC Dawg
07-09-2017, 07:32 PM
It was God's favor.***

Todd4State
07-09-2017, 07:37 PM
Ole Miss scored on Bama the only way teams have done lately. Win one on one balls with the WR on man coverage. To beat Bama, you have to win those. You will never have success much against Bama running the ball.

If we want to beat Bama, our WR's can't drop balls when open, see '14, and have to go up and get others when it's one on one.

We need WR's terribly

This is true. We need some longer WR's on the outside that can do it. I hope the light comes on for Couch and Todd by then.

CadaverDawg
07-09-2017, 08:00 PM

We need WR's terribly

This is the answer, plain and simple. You have to have horses that match or best the guy across from them. OM bought enough WR's to win the one on ones. And they bought enough talent all around, to compete with Bama for 1 game. In other words, OM bought enough to be badass on the 1 deep. They got Bama early and when all those studs were motivated they could play with anyone. But they had normal OM depth, which was garbage...so as the season wore on, OM had to rely on poor depth and unmotivated divas to beat the other SEC teams and couldn't do it.

That being said, you have to beat Bama through the air. So until we get MUCH better WR's, and MUCH better OL's to give our QB time to get them the ball...we will be like everyone else that isn't cheating at SMU-type levels, and lose to Bama every year.

IMissJack
07-09-2017, 08:09 PM

I told my son as we were watching that replay this pm, that it was had to believe that OM team was the same one we saw in the Egg Bowl.

Bully13
07-09-2017, 08:22 PM
I told my son as we were watching that replay this pm, that it was had to believe that OM team was the same one we saw in the Egg Bowl.

I've been convinced the coaches / team / admin got wind of the a$$ ****ing headed their way late in the season and the gas ran out big time. there is no way that team that had Florida State and bama on the ropes was the same team that got gut punched by Vandy and MSU late in the season.

we were NOT a very good team last year, point blank. waxing a team's ass on their own field that earlier in the season gave FSU and bamer all they wanted brings question marks that can only be answered by my reason stated above.

ole miss is going to suck total ass this year, I'd bet the farm on it.

AlSwearengen
07-09-2017, 08:50 PM
I've been convinced the coaches / team / admin got wind of the a$$ ****ing headed their way late in the season and the gas ran out big time. there is no way that team that had Florida State and bama on the ropes was the same team that got gut punched by Vandy and MSU late in the season.

we were NOT a very good team last year, point blank. waxing a team's ass on their own field that earlier in the season gave FSU and bamer all they wanted brings question marks that can only be answered by my reason stated above.

Lots of variables go into how a season plays out. Maybe, early in the year teams hadn't figured out how to attack olemiss.

DownwardDawg
07-09-2017, 09:12 PM
Two words- Lane Kiffen.

If Kiffen doesn't try to pretend that he's the next coming of Bill Walsh and run the ball they win both games.

This!!!! I forgot the most important part!!! Bamas offensive game plan was garbage against ole miss. If they just run the ball they beat the bears easily.

TUSK
07-09-2017, 10:02 PM
A lot had to happen.... most of it has been mentioned...

1. Catch em early
2. Win turnover battle
3. Have good/elite QB and WRs (and throw it as much as possible & and be lights out)
4. Hope Bammer has an off day (playing or coaching)
5. Get lucky

of course, that's the recipe for anyone to beat Bammer, not just OM...

sandwolf
07-09-2017, 10:19 PM

They have a chance to be really good offensively, but their defense will likely hold them back. I'd kill for their receivers.....that group is as good as anybody's.

Todd4State
07-09-2017, 10:24 PM
They have a chance to be really good offensively, but their defense will likely hold them back. I'd kill for their receivers.....that group is as good as anybody's.

I bet they lose a lot of 49-28 type games. Or maybe I should say 55-20.

I guess it depends on how much Patterson has improved because last year he really wasn't that good.

Pollodawg
07-09-2017, 11:03 PM
I bet they lose a lot of 49-28 type games. Or maybe I should say 55-20.

I guess it depends on how much Patterson has improved because last year he really wasn't that good.
I firmly believe after a couple of losses, they'll pack it in. What's there really to play for?

Pollodawg
07-09-2017, 11:06 PM
They had a glass jaw last season. They started going down mentally before they ever lost Kelly. They were a miracle comeback v TAMU from 4-8 and 1-7 in conference.

BuckyIsAB****
07-09-2017, 11:20 PM

The goal of any coach is to make his system as simple as possible for the players. Freeze is just a shitty coach who bought a talented team

BuckyIsAB****
07-09-2017, 11:26 PM
OM will likely play motivated at least for a while but I think by the end they will quit. You can look at it 2 ways, either we dont play and give 0 shits whether we win or lose, or we play our ass off even if we lose bc we cant go to a bowl/postseason anyway. I'd be willing to bet its the former but who knows. Either way they dont have the depth especially on defense to contend. They still wont have a meaningful run game to speak of. Injuries were a big reason they fell so hard last year.

Todd4State
07-09-2017, 11:36 PM
I firmly believe after a couple of losses, they'll pack it in. What's there really to play for?

I think so too- and on top of that Freeze probably won't be back in 18 so the players have no idea who they will be playing for if they stay. That usually means that impressing the current coaching staff is going to be meaningless.

Todd4State
07-09-2017, 11:37 PM
The goal of any coach is to make his system as simple as possible for the players. Freeze is just a shitty coach who bought a talented team

This is pretty much the case. They have a high school coach who is willing to sell out and go along with their Network.

Bamasgot13
07-10-2017, 11:26 AM

Wish I could tell you man! I will say this, in 2016 Ole Miss got out to a 24-3 lead. Bama settled in and went on a 45-6 run to, essentially, close out the game (minus the Ole Miss garbage time TDs).

I think they'll struggle this year like last. That QB will have to play much better Ds than he faced last year and the overall team isn't as good as it was. They may be looking at another 7 loss season.