PDA

View Full Version : Malik Heath

Dallas_Dawg
07-09-2017, 02:46 PM
Sec country had an article with Heath quoted as saying a flip to LSU was very very likely. Said he had been on two unofficial there lately.
We really can't afford to lose this 4 star in-state WR.

AlSwearengen
07-09-2017, 02:56 PM
Lsu might be a sexy school and all, but there are many reasons that would be a mistake for him. He can come into MSU and be at the top of the wr depth chart and play with q.b.'s that are more productive than what lsu is likely to have.

He will also likely be lower on their depth chart. Would be a bad decision.

CadaverDawg
07-09-2017, 02:59 PM
IfYouOnlyKnew says he's not worried, and I want to feel the same way....but I'll be shocked if we keep him.

Bothrops
07-09-2017, 03:03 PM
LSU fans don't seem convinced. Then again, our history recruiting blue chip receivers is pretty predictable.

ShotgunDawg
07-09-2017, 03:12 PM
Players that are about to flip normally don't state their intentions.

Players that talking about flipping are normally just having fun.

I seen it dawg
07-09-2017, 03:14 PM
July signing period...

dawgoneyall
07-09-2017, 03:18 PM
Our coaches can't do it but someone needs to put a bug in his ear that LSU with O as head coach is destined to become a dumpster fire.

confucius say
07-09-2017, 03:37 PM
July signing period...

You think there should be one? Personally, I do.

confucius say
07-09-2017, 03:38 PM
Our coaches can't do it but someone needs to put a bug in his ear that LSU with O as head coach is destined to become a dumpster fire.

Not saying I agree bout dumpster fire, but why can't our coaches tell Malik that?

Ari Gold
07-09-2017, 03:44 PM
Everyone chill on MH..

JoseBrown
07-09-2017, 04:00 PM
Don't they have like a 1,000 wideouts? Or am I mistaken? If so, that would be a bad decision most likely.

Here he has great or better than average qb's with few WR's. There they have had bad QB play for years with 10,000 WR's...

CadaverDawg
07-09-2017, 04:13 PM
Don't they have like a 1,000 wideouts? Or am I mistaken? If so, that would be a bad decision most likely.

Here he has great or better than average qb's with few WR's. There they have had bad QB play for years with 10,000 WR's...

Odell Beckham, Jarvis Landry, etc etc etc make it hard for us to beat LSU for WR's. Our only WR is a guy none of these kids know, named Eric Moulds. We need a WR to get drafted.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-09-2017, 04:15 PM
I'm not worried. Malik will say & do a lot of things. Malik will sign with MSU.

CadaverDawg
07-09-2017, 04:16 PM
I'm not worried. Malik will say & do a lot of things. Malik will sign with MSU.

Hope you're right. We need him. What about Guidry? Getting those two would be big

thf24
07-09-2017, 04:18 PM
Odell Beckham, Jarvis Landry, etc etc etc make it hard for us to beat LSU for WR's. Our only WR is a guy none of these kids know, named Eric Moulds. We need a WR to get drafted.

Even though it's exactly how it plays out a lot of the time, I'll never understand why a school's reputation for turning out WR's in the past can have more bearing in a recruit's mind than who will be throwing to them in the present.

CadaverDawg
07-09-2017, 04:22 PM
Even though it's exactly how it plays out a lot of the time, I'll never understand why a school's reputation for turning out WR's in the past can have more bearing in a recruit's mind than who will be throwing to them in the present.

I agree, but it does for some reason.

AlSwearengen
07-09-2017, 04:22 PM

You have to make it clear to the recruit that Odell Beckham isn't going to be throwing them the ball. Do you want the next Dak Prescott throwing you the ball or do you want whoever the last four shitty lsu qb's throwing you the ball?

Tell them that we beat out lsu for KT.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-09-2017, 04:29 PM
Hope you're right. We need him. What about Guidry? Getting those two would be big

Feel good about him also. I also understand that people won't care or believe it until he is signed & on campus & I understand that too.

lamont
07-09-2017, 04:30 PM
I think we'll keep Heath but LSU has two of the best coordinators in the SEC and they ain't going anywhere.

CadaverDawg
07-09-2017, 04:33 PM
You have to make it clear to the recruit that Odell Beckham isn't going to be throwing them the ball. Do you want the next Dak Prescott throwing you the ball or do you want whoever the last four shitty lsu qb's throwing you the ball?

Tell them that we beat out lsu for KT.

Yea, but despite their crappy QB's, they still put WR's in the pros and we don't, even over the last 4-5 years. We just need to get a few to get on board by telling them they'll be a go-to from day 1, and start showing guys you can come to MSU and succeed as a WR.

It doesn't help that Dan usually doesn't make a single WR the focal point. As good as Ross & DWilson were, they both had several games where they disappeared, and Dan never made it a point to get them involved whatever it took. In other words, guys don't want to play in a system where if the defense tries to take them away, the coach will let them and try to use other guys to beat you. Elite WR's want the ball....find a way to get me the ball, get me involved type guys. We have to show that we can do that.

Seems a good WR would eventually see the perfect situation they'd be walking into at MSU, though. Makes no sense why we can't at least get a few good WR's here and there, and an elite one every few years. Maybe Heath & Guidry can change that trend

msstate7
07-09-2017, 04:43 PM
I think we'll keep Heath but LSU has two of the best coordinators in the SEC and they ain't going anywhere.

If they're the best 2 coods in the sec, they'll get job offers. You saying they'd rather coach under O than run their own program? Oh and the best OC in the sec was fired by nc state 2 years ago.

BuckyIsAB****
07-09-2017, 04:45 PM

I like what their OC did at Pitt, cant remember his name right now but lets pump the brakes on him being already one of the best in a conference he hasn't coached a game in yet

Bully13
07-09-2017, 05:05 PM
if we lose Heath to LSU and Cole Smith ends up there too, don't pretend to not understand why they start running up consecutive yearly ass whippings on us again.

they get croots all over the country and we can't even keep our own.

btw, why the 17 can't we get Cole Smith? someone remind me of that again please.

ShotgunDawg
07-09-2017, 05:12 PM

Why wouldn't they just be hired as head coaches in the off season?

I could certainly see a guy like Aranda being hired at A&M, Ark, Nebraska, etc.

I seen it dawg
07-09-2017, 05:35 PM
You think there should be one? Personally, I do.

No. Just piping up about not getting to into kids talking in the summer.

Jack Lambert
07-09-2017, 05:39 PM

I agree and if Coach O stays out of their way they are going to be loaded and really good. If not O is going to load them up with a lot of talent and LSU will go hire a really good HC.

Does Bama having Saban make it harder for other SEC schools to find really good HC? I have heard several radio talkers say that. I guess their rational for that is, who wants to come and coach in the SEC only to face Saban ever year.

Dawgfan77
07-09-2017, 05:41 PM
I like what their OC did at Pitt, cant remember his name right now but lets pump the brakes on him being already one of the best in a conference he hasn't coached a game in yet
Canada (sp). Not sold on this guy for a few reason. 1. This is the guy who was the OC at NCstate when we beat them. He was an overage OC with Brissett and ran a spread O from under center. -
Another reason is inthe spring Ettling was still the QB and yup pro style system was not open. Guice is good but I'm not sold cananda is the answer. He is ok

Pollodawg
07-09-2017, 05:44 PM
Nope. I won't ever believe and Ed O team can go an entire season. We'll see...

Pollodawg
07-09-2017, 05:46 PM
And no, you don't switch from I formation pro style to wide open spread in one off season. LSU even being LSU doesn't have the personnel.

NCDawg
07-09-2017, 06:11 PM
LSU fans don't seem convinced. Then again, our history recruiting blue chip receivers is pretty predictable.

AWA Offensive linemen.

lamont
07-09-2017, 06:28 PM
If they're the best 2 coods in the sec, they'll get job offers. You saying they'd rather coach under O than run their own program? Oh and the best OC in the sec was fired by nc state 2 years ago.

Hell- all coaches get fired. Saban included.

They will get their chances at some point to lead a program. But until then- I expect LSU to get better because they no longer have Miles holding back their offense

lamont
07-09-2017, 06:31 PM
Canada (sp). Not sold on this guy for a few reason. 1. This is the guy who was the OC at NCstate when we beat them. He was an overage OC with Brissett and ran a spread O from under center. -
Another reason is inthe spring Ettling was still the QB and yup pro style system was not open. Guice is good but I'm not sold cananda is the answer. He is ok

Was that Canada's choice or the HC??? Most OC's have certain guidelines to work under by their HC even tho they are the OC

BuckyIsAB****
07-09-2017, 06:32 PM
As long as LSU has the OL and RB horses they have they will score on people who cant stop the run and wont on people who can. Always can tell whether or not we have a chance vs LSU by how much we give up on those ISO's, Power, counter run game. If they are getting 3-5 every time you have no chance

lamont
07-09-2017, 06:34 PM
And no, you don't switch from I formation pro style to wide open spread in one off season. LSU even being LSU doesn't have the personnel.

We did in 2009.

Etling is not a runner- but he is a smart QB that will know where the ball needs to go. LSU will be improved offensively in 2017

Pollodawg
07-09-2017, 06:45 PM
We did in 2009.

Etling is not a runner- but he is a smart QB that will know where the ball needs to go. LSU will be improved offensively in 2017

Maybe. Well just have to see. Ettling trying to run a spread reminds me of Russell trying to do it in 2012. Mullen, the best QB coach in the country couldn't make it work.

Pollodawg
07-09-2017, 07:00 PM
That's not to say that LSU isn't loaded talent wise. They absolutely are. Like the rest of you, I do not get the WR love. I mean, do they know who they're gonna catching passes from for the next couple of years? Enjoy pass blocking.

Todd4State
07-09-2017, 07:35 PM
if we lose Heath to LSU and Cole Smith ends up there too, don't pretend to not understand why they start running up consecutive yearly ass whippings on us again.

they get croots all over the country and we can't even keep our own.

btw, why the 17 can't we get Cole Smith? someone remind me of that again please.

We don't recruit o-linemen well enough because of Hevesy. Looney seems to have improved that thank God.

We don't recruit WR's as well because instead of kissing their ass we tell them that they are going to have to work hard and earn their spot.

I think we get Heath though. Smith probably not although I think LSU drops him probably. I suspect he ends up at Ole Miss considering how Hevesy typically treats guys like Smith.

Jack Lambert
07-09-2017, 07:36 PM
Maybe. Well just have to see. Ettling trying to run a spread reminds me of Russell trying to do it in 2012. Mullen, the best QB coach in the country couldn't make it work.

Ettling is a Big Ten style QB that did not make it in the Big Ten. His saving grace will be the O line and one hell of a running back. He'll have time to set up to pass and the run game will help LSU set the pass up. I do agree I don't think he is a talented QB

I will add that they have not recruited for a spread offense and with that said I don't think they will run a true spread this season. It will be some bastardize version of it.

Bully13
07-09-2017, 08:15 PM
We don't recruit o-linemen well enough because of Hevesy. Looney seems to have improved that thank God.

We don't recruit WR's as well because instead of kissing their ass we tell them that they are going to have to work hard and earn their spot.

I think we get Heath though. Smith probably not although I think LSU drops him probably. I suspect he ends up at Ole Miss considering how Hevesy typically treats guys like Smith.

would like more info on how Hevesy treats "guys like Smith" if you care to elaborate a little.

btw, is Smith an ole miss fan?

lamont
07-09-2017, 08:28 PM
Nobody thinks Etling is an AA. But he is a smart QB with talent around him. LSU wont be in I anymore pounding it people. They are going to spread the field to open things up just like we did for Dixon in 2009. I'm not saying they will be a Baylor offense this year- but they will be improved over what we have seen consistently from Miles

lamont
07-09-2017, 08:31 PM
I will add that they have not recruited for a spread offense and with that said I don't think they will run a true spread this season. It will be some bastardize version of it.

This is kind of a misnomer. The only thing they dont have for the Spread is a dual threat QB ready to play- they signed one in Feb. Their talent at the skill positions is more than good enough to be a Spread team. They just need one of their Freshman QB's to be ready to play in 2018

Jack Lambert
07-09-2017, 09:26 PM
This is kind of a misnomer. The only thing they dont have for the Spread is a dual threat QB ready to play- they signed one in Feb. Their talent at the skill positions is more than good enough to be a Spread team. They just need one of their Freshman QB's to be ready to play in 2018

I guess talent is talent no matter what formation you run.

Todd4State
07-09-2017, 10:21 PM
would like more info on how Hevesy treats "guys like Smith" if you care to elaborate a little.

btw, is Smith an ole miss fan?

Won't give them the time of day and just move on to someone else.

Dawgfan77
07-10-2017, 06:34 AM
Spring game the had guice dotting the I yes they had some single set backs and some shotgun but most snaps were under center. And regarding spread QB they signed. Well Brennan is not a runner he is a drop back passer. And the Narcise (sp) kid is coming off two knee surgerys. He is two years away. The offense will only be slightly different.

lamont
07-10-2017, 07:04 AM
Etling was out for the Spring also. That limited what they could do