PDA

View Full Version : My only opinion from this point forward

codeDawg
09-16-2013, 08:54 AM
As I look at Mullen and what he does for MSU, I only have one real complaint past number of wins. He is responsible for the offense, and our offense has not been good. It's time that he decides if he wants to be an offensive coordinator or a head coach.

If he want's to be a head coach, he's has to give up control of the offense and get some help. The incremental improvements he has made from game 1 to game 3 are not going to cut it. He's had 5 years to figure it out. Our scheme does not work with our personnel, our play calling continues to be a problem, and more innovative offenses are getting ahead of ours (e.g. Auburn, UM, A&M).

We'll never be a top 10 offensive team, and that's okay, but we have to do better than what we have to stay competitive. This is the NCAA rank of points per game since Mullen has been here:

2009 - 73
2010 -51
2011 - 73
2012- 60
2013 - 74

That's not going to cut it. We have to have a coach that can produce offensively better than this. I want Dan Mullen to continue to be the head football coach at MSU, but it would be ridiculous to allow him to continue to be the offensive coordinator. The body of work speaks for itself.

Barking 13
09-16-2013, 08:58 AM
I think you are on to something.... but there needs to be a fresh mind to implement the "system", with freedom to use it as deemed necessary.

DanDority
09-16-2013, 02:08 PM
there needs to be a fresh mind to implement the "system", with freedom to use it as deemed necessary.

Good point but this will never happen. Unfortunately

Barking 13
09-16-2013, 02:12 PM
Also, that change is unfortunately too late to get started this season... gonna be a long bumpy ride till Thanksgiving...

maroonmania
09-16-2013, 02:54 PM
Gosh, I would hate to see where we rank if we hadn't gotten the 51 points on Alcorn.