PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody remember Jesse Palmer's comment about recruiting during EB?

Indndawg
07-08-2017, 03:19 PM
Just rewatched the 16 EB and totally missed his comment about Dan's prowess developing 2-3* players and how he has to go up against: Bama, LSU, and OM in their recruiting 4-5* players.
I just paused and laughed and resumed the beat down

thf24
07-08-2017, 03:41 PM
He specifically said something to the effect that Mullen "can't" get the type of players that Bama, LSU, and OM can.

TStationDawg
07-08-2017, 03:45 PM
Let's be fair. He specifically said we "can't get the same types of players as a Bama, or LSU, or even Ole Miss has UNDER HUGH FREEZE". I always took that quote as a subtle jab at Ole Miss, like "we all know why that is"

Indndawg
07-08-2017, 04:10 PM
Let's be fair. He specifically said we "can't get the same types of players as a Bama, or LSU, or even Ole Miss has UNDER HUGH FREEZE". I always took that quote as a subtle jab at Ole Miss, like "we all know why that is"

but he had been going on and on about OM's great recruiting classes

Reason2succeed
07-08-2017, 07:43 PM
It ain't no secret what HF has been doing. Some people see it as an unfair advantage and others accept it as a necessary evil but the veryome knows it's going on. JP knew that HF was playing the game on a different level that MSU would. Now they have to pay the piper.

thf24
07-09-2017, 08:26 AM

True, but I took offense more to the idea that there is a certain class of players that we absolutely "can't" get. We can and we do get highly rated players like Jeffery Simmons, Leo Lewis, Jamal Peters, Willie Gay, etc. We're not just a rag tag band of nothing but two and three star players like Palmer implied. And while we might not get the four and five stars at the same rate as the blue bloods, neither does OM, even under Freeze's system. Nice if he included OM the way he did as a jab, but it was still a pretty ignorant set of statements overall.