PDA

View Full Version : How Does OM Attempt to Control the Narrative at SEC Media Days?

ShotgunDawg
07-08-2017, 01:55 PM
SEC Media days is this week and I believe this will be the first time Freezus has been in an open question situation where anyone can ask anything.

How does OM control this?

Is Baghdad Chuck going to ask all the questions?

Does a Rosebowl raise his hand and ask a question?

If Rosey gets one question, what would it be?

What are the chances that Freezus becomes a hot head and walks off stage?

Reason2succeed
07-08-2017, 02:01 PM
Yes, they will do exactly what they did last year. They will have OM friendlies to ask a bunch of questions that HF and the players and filibuster through till the time is up.

There is no way that Rosebowl is getting a question in to HF?

If he did it would something like "first of all I'd just like to say that you are a boldfaced liar. Now to my question: why do you still have a job when your AD Ross Bjork fired Coach Wiggins for far less?"

Leroy Jenkins
07-08-2017, 02:01 PM
I'm guessing it's going to be something along the lines of... "We don't want to comment on things too much at this moment but we have prepared a tremendous response and we are confident in the way we do things. Right now we are focusing on our team and what we can control and just loving on each other ".

Dawg61
07-08-2017, 02:03 PM
Freezus will get a sudden case of the bubble guts and won't attend

ShotgunDawg
07-08-2017, 02:03 PM
I'm guessing it's going to be something along the lines of... "We don't want to comment on things too much at this moment but we have prepared a tremendous response and we are confident in the way we do things. Right now we are focusing on our team and what we can control and just loving on each other ".

I'm sure they'll say this, but I doubt the media cares.

Dawgology
07-08-2017, 02:24 PM
Yes, they will do exactly what they did last year. They will have OM friendlies to ask a bunch of questions that HF and the players and filibuster through till the time is up.

There is no way that Rosebowl is getting a question in to HF?

If he did it would something like "first of all I'd just like to say that you are a boldfaced liar. Now to my question: why do you still have a job when your AD Ross Bjork fired Coach Wiggins for far less?"

It will be questions from Ole Miss media to the tune of:

How excited are you about having the greatest football QB ever?

How great is it to be creating a legacy of greatness and almost beating Bama for a third time last year?

Comment on how wonderful the Grove is and how great a tradition it is.

Comment on how MSU is lying about ole Miss and trying to set up Ole Miss with the NCAA. (That one will be followed up with a no comment answer but the narrative will be set)

Dawg-gone-dawgs
07-08-2017, 02:45 PM
According to Coach34 on Facebook, There is a rumor that a national guy has some explosive news about Freeze and has timed it for SEC Media Days on purpose......

Todd4State
07-08-2017, 02:51 PM
Freezus will get a sudden case of the bubble guts and won't attend

This. I would be surprised if he even shows up. He'll be at some "church function" or something like that.

BrunswickDawg
07-08-2017, 03:21 PM
According to Coach34 on Facebook, There is a rumor that a national guy has some explosive news about Freeze and has timed it for SEC Media Days on purpose......

That would be the best ever - drop the story about 5 minutes before Freezus takes the stand - err podium - and watch him melt under the heat.

WSOPdawg
07-08-2017, 03:26 PM
unless Dan Wolken or someone of the like show up from the national media, everything will again be sugar-coated in regards to Freezus. Why now would the regional media start getting inquisitive when they've given TCUN a pass for the past 6 years?

IMO, Only when the ncaa announces the penalities will the local guys begin to try and jump on the bandwagon AGAINST The Cheaters Up North!

Indndawg
07-08-2017, 03:27 PM
Believe me they have game plan. OM does one thing very well: spin/control mssg/win the talking point.

Freeze/BEE-york/Yancy has spend all weekend going over the strategies for SECMD

WSOPdawg
07-08-2017, 03:28 PM

Cool as again I think ONLY the national media will ruffle TCUN's and/or Freezus' feathers. But please let this be true.

Dolphus Raymond
07-08-2017, 05:33 PM
Blame MSU and move on.

Dawgowar
07-08-2017, 05:41 PM
ESPN will carry some water for them, at least for a little while longer. When the NCAA puts the Bears to the sword Pawlll will wax eloquent bullshit about having suspected all along - just wanted to give Hugh the benefit of the doubt. By the SECCG they will announce Hugh as a full-time color commentator on their studio show LOL.

None of that matters though. When the body slam comes they are done for a while. Doesn't matter who reports what. The Ledger has ignored it and that has not stopped the NCAA.

Screw their messaging. **** those shitbirds.

jbjones
07-08-2017, 06:08 PM
ESPN will carry some water for them, at least for a little while longer. When the NCAA puts the Bears to the sword Pawlll will wax eloquent bullshit about having suspected all along - just wanted to give Hugh the benefit of the doubt. By the SECCG they will announce Hugh as a full-time color commentator on their studio show LOL.

None of that matters though. When the body slam comes they are done for a while. Doesn't matter who reports what. The Ledger has ignored it and that has not stopped the NCAA.

Screw their messaging. **** those shitbirds.

Can't be stated enough.

Liverpooldawg
07-08-2017, 06:15 PM
He will be there, they are all about perception and him no showing would not be a good look. He will answer any and all questions about the investigation by saying he can't comment on an open investigation. He will get plenty of softballs from their pets in the media to occupy most of the time.

Ari Gold
07-08-2017, 06:36 PM
Shitbirds aren't there till day 3... it will be in wind down mode by then
CHF will get lobed the softball questions by their sheep media douches
Finbaum will slobber up to Freeze like he always does
They will make sure all the talking heads treat and talk up Patterson like he is a heisman favorite

Other than those things we will see what media honks will have the balls to acknowledge the elephant in the room.

But if something does break Monday or Tuesday and they don't have time to circle the wagons and deflect it could be NFL 2016 draft good

Reason2succeed
07-08-2017, 07:17 PM
Shitbirds aren't there till day 3... it will be in wind down mode by then
CHF will get lobed the softball questions by their sheep media douches
Finbaum will slobber up to Freeze like he always does
They will make sure all the talking heads treat and talk up Patterson like he is a heisman favorite

Other than those things we will see what media honks will have the balls to acknowledge the elephant in the room.

But if something does break Monday or Tuesday and they don't have time to circle the wagons and deflect it could be NFL 2016 draft good

Nothing will outdo the NFL draft. That will live on in MS sports lore FOREVER. "I'd have to say...yeah".

Mutt the Hoople
07-08-2017, 09:12 PM
Believe me they have game plan. OM does one thing very well: spin/control mssg/win the talking point.

Freeze/BEE-york/Yancy has spend all weekend going over the strategies for SECMD
They did so well on Draft Night 2016.

Mimi's Babies
07-08-2017, 11:12 PM
unless Dan Wolken or someone of the like show up from the national media, everything will again be sugar-coated in regards to Freezus. Why now would the regional media start getting inquisitive when they've given TCUN a pass for the past 6 years?

IMO, Only when the ncaa announces the penalities will the local guys begin to try and jump on the bandwagon AGAINST The Cheaters Up North!

What if someone else shows up from National media -- someone in fact that HATES freezus????? I believe that Steve should have an open floor to ask the pos what ever he would like too....

DancingRabbit
07-08-2017, 11:24 PM
I saw where Wolken said on twitter that he's not going to SEC media days. Didn't say why, but that's disappointing.

gravedigger
07-09-2017, 12:53 AM
SEC Media days is this week and I believe this will be the first time Freezus has been in an open question situation where anyone can ask anything.

They will have controlled the narrative if they simply figure out a way to stay off ESPN and keep Freeze from saying something that gets Woklen, Forde, et al on a tear.

If they are smart they will give one pat answer to all NCAA questions. "We are complying with the ncaa on not discussing any of the elements of the case until a final decision is rendered".

By the way, if the COI meets in the next Month or so, it will be 8-12 weeks after that before their decision is publicized according to the NCAA website. Ole Miss will have a couple of hours to prepare a statement and appeal.

Jack Lambert
07-09-2017, 06:24 AM
This. I would be surprised if he even shows up. He'll be at some "church function" or something like that.

You would think the SEC would penalize him and Ole harshly. I am sure it is a rule he has to be there.

starkvegasdawg
07-09-2017, 06:36 AM
They will have controlled the narrative if they simply figure out a way to stay off ESPN and keep Freeze from saying something that gets Woklen, Forde, et al on a tear.

If they are smart they will give one pat answer to all NCAA questions. "We are complying with the ncaa on not discussing any of the elements of the case until a final decision is rendered".

By the way, if the COI meets in the next Month or so, it will be 8-12 weeks after that before their decision is publicized according to the NCAA website. Ole Miss will have a couple of hours to prepare a statement and appeal.

Rose said yesterday a probable COI meeting in October and penalties handed down in December. Merry flipmas.

YoungB
07-09-2017, 08:09 AM

Opening statement. Throw punches while you can frame the story.
1. Soften all the violations.
- put together an excellent rebuttal
- believe their are discrepancies in testimony
- exemplary cooperation
2. Put media on defensive
- some media members are reporting without all the facts
- National media has been biased.
- these are young men , you owe them the benefit of the doubt
3. Talk about football. The usual stuff

QA - Stonewall and talk football. You have already thrown punches, no need to take them
1. No comment on anything regarding NCAA process. Hide behind process.
2. Absolutely no comment. You have already thrown punches. This is a one way steet.
3. Talk about football. Be long winded and eat up the rest of your time.

msbulldog
07-09-2017, 08:39 AM
Opening statement. Throw punches while you can frame the story.
1. Soften all the violations.
- put together an excellent rebuttal
- believe their are discrepancies in testimony
- exemplary cooperation
2. Put media on defensive
- some media members are reporting without all the facts
- National media has been biased.
- these are young men , you owe them the benefit of the doubt
3. Talk about football. The usual stuff

QA - Stonewall and talk football. You have already thrown punches, no need to take them
1. No comment on anything regarding NCAA process. Hide behind process.
2. Absolutely no comment. You have already thrown punches. This is a one way steet.
3. Talk about football. Be long winded and eat up the rest of your time.

I bet your'e right.

PassInterference
07-09-2017, 08:50 AM
Ole Miss will do what they always do.

"The case is still pending, which means we are bound by confidentiality. We are unable to comment on the case."

Then at their own initiative, they'll talk extensively about it to support their side while answering no uncomfortable questions.

archdog
07-09-2017, 09:16 AM

If I remember correctly, that is what they said would happen last year as well.

PassInterference
07-09-2017, 09:34 AM
If I remember correctly, that is what they said would happen last year as well.

Correct.

And there were also rumors that preceded Forde articles about OM.

Pollodawg
07-09-2017, 09:47 AM
Ole Miss fans aren't mad at Steve for talking about the NCAA investigation. They're mad at Steve for pulling the curtain back and exposing the propaganda, for showing the world the lock-step with the university filter all OM news is funneled through. OM, I know you read here, you aren't getting the truth. You're getting the University sponsored VERSION of the truth. All you're being told is what the school wants you to know and THINK.

Steve exposed a bunch of folks as bold faced liars. There's no other way to put it. They hate him for that.

Pollodawg
07-09-2017, 09:49 AM
Remember last year at media days when Dan Wolken asked Freeze a question about the NCAA stuff, and Chuck about gave himslef whiplash whipping around to glare at the dude? Good times.

WSOPdawg
07-09-2017, 10:53 AM
Rose said yesterday a probable COI meeting in October and penalties handed down in December. Merry flipmas.

That's what I was thinking as this time-frame (penalties after the current season) "protects" the student athlete the most by providing them with landing spots for transfer purposes while also allowing the SEC and other future opponents time to logistically prepare for the "potential" doomsday scenario of having to replace TCUN on the 2018 schedule.

Spiderman
07-09-2017, 11:03 AM

They are desperate for that to be the timeline. They have to have one last lied to recruiting class. They really need the penalties to be announced AFTER early signing period.

Oh the irony, St. Hugh was adamantly against an early signing period a while back.

Spiderman
07-09-2017, 11:05 AM
Ole Miss will do what they always do.

"The case is still pending, which means we are bound by confidentiality. We are unable to comment on the case."

Then at their own initiative, they'll talk extensively about it to support their side while answering no uncomfortable questions.

Ole Miss WILL do what they always do. The 1st question will be by Chuck, a question framed and answered before Hugh ever leaves for B'Ham.

Just like last year

HailStater1
07-09-2017, 11:12 AM
Ole Miss fans aren't mad at Steve for talking about the NCAA investigation. They're mad at Steve for pulling the curtain back and exposing the propaganda, for showing the world the lock-step with the university filter all OM news is funneled through. OM, I know you read here, you aren't getting the truth. You're getting the University sponsored VERSION of the truth. All you're being told is what the school wants you to know and THINK.

Steve exposed a bunch of folks as bold faced liars. There's no other way to put it. They hate him for that.

I am new to elite but this is the most accurate thing I have read.

ShotgunDawg
07-09-2017, 11:13 AM
They are desperate for that to be the timeline. They have to have one last lied to recruiting class. They really need the penalties to be announced AFTER early signing period.

Oh the irony, St. Hugh was adamantly against an early signing period a while back.

Kids would to be absolute idiots to sign with them in the early period, if sanctions haven't been announced.

Additionally, I believe, if that happens, the NCAA will allow those guys to opt out of their signature and resign in Feb with another school.

Mimi's Babies
07-09-2017, 11:16 AM
My understanding that those sanctions could possibly hit the week of Thanksgiving... haha

Please remember that most of those players could be considered 'illegal players' and MSU doesn't need nor should we want ANY of them... js

Please ask Freeze about the om horror roll as I will call it... and have many questions about the area of study for 17 SA.
They may have a 3.0 plus BUT.... One of the undeclared is the QB....
13 --Degree of study UNKNOWN
4 -- General Studies..... hum..... another fake degree.... not worth the paper it is written on. Notice the year this degree was created....
(Copied)
Welcome to General Studies!
The Bachelor of General Studies is a cross-disciplinary degree program offered to maximize opportunities for individuals to reach personal goals, meet job requirements, and advance their careers.
The degree was created in 2011 to meet the needs of undergraduates who wish to tailor their own degree program to meet their specific educational and career needs; non-traditional students whose work and family responsibilities constrain their ability to complete the requirements of other undergraduate degree programs offered by the University; and students who have accumulated many college credits, but discontinued their studies without completing a degree.
Courses taken in fulfillment of BGS degree requirements are selected from the offerings of the College of Liberal Arts and the professional schools serving undergraduates at the University of Mississippi.

sandwolf
07-09-2017, 11:38 AM
4 -- General Studies..... hum..... another fake degree.... not worth the paper it is written on.I have seen you bring this up several times.....you do realize that State has these types of degrees too right? When I was there it was called Interdisciplinary Studies.

Pollodawg
07-09-2017, 11:57 AM
I have seen you bring this up several times.....you do realize that State has these types of degrees too right? When I was there it was called Interdisciplinary Studies.

This is not necessarily true. Interdisciplinary Studies is basically a liberal arts degree with one less foreign language credit required. It's really popular at MSU's Meridian branch, where the list of majors is limited.

Pollodawg
07-09-2017, 11:58 AM
It's basically an undeclared major that gives you the flexibility to go to grad school in any of the three areas you pick.

Bully13
07-09-2017, 12:06 PM
I remember forward rebs bitching about not having something like this, guess they have it now.

sandwolf
07-09-2017, 12:13 PM
It's basically an undeclared major that gives you the flexibility to go to grad school in any of the three areas you pick.Haha, right....more flexibility for grad school. That is definitely not what it was used for when I was in school. It had a lower required gpa to graduate than general business had, so people would change their major over to that so that they could graduate.

RocketDawg
07-09-2017, 12:19 PM
I have seen you bring this up several times.....you do realize that State has these types of degrees too right? When I was there it was called Interdisciplinary Studies.

Are you saying that the fact that MSU offers it adds to its legitimacy? If so, you're mistaken.

Pollodawg
07-09-2017, 12:27 PM
Haha, right....more flexibility for grad school. That is definitely not what it was used for when I was in school. It had a lower required gpa to graduate than general business had, so people would change their major over to that so that they could graduate.

lol I didn't say that it couldn't be treated as a sop major, just that it didn't have to be. But that's just a sidebar. Let's continue to make fun of OM.

sandwolf
07-09-2017, 12:31 PM
lol I didn't say that it couldn't be treated as a sop major, just that it didn't have to be. But that's just a sidebar. Let's continue to make fun of OM.Fair enough...I can get on board with that.

sandwolf
07-09-2017, 12:36 PM
Are you saying that the fact that MSU offers it adds to its legitimacy? If so, you're mistaken.Of course not.....I'm saying that it's hypocritical to try to call out OM for offering worthless degrees when we do the exact same thing. There's plenty of other stuff to call them out about.

Pollodawg
07-09-2017, 12:36 PM
Fair enough...I can get on board with that.

The only reason I said all that was because I knew several people who went to the Meridian branch who couldn't get their
major of choice, so they went that route before going to grad school. But, yeah, OM sucks. It's more fun to just say that.

Mimi's Babies
07-09-2017, 12:38 PM
It's basically an undeclared major that gives you the flexibility to go to grad school in any of the three areas you pick.

GUYS, this degree is AIMED at people who have BEEN to college, have college hours usually, 45 or above, and did not graduate in a field of study BUT need this degree for a job advancement... A freshman should NEVER be allowed in this degree nor any degree similar too it.... I know a former OM player that graduated with a general studies degree and cannot get employment with that degree.. sad thing is... MSU recruited this young man also... He wishes he knew then, what he KNOWS now....

Leroy Jenkins
07-09-2017, 12:57 PM
Nevermind

Mobile Bay
07-09-2017, 02:22 PM
The only person I knew with a general studies degree changed colleges at MSU three times. So he had been there about ten years and not graduated. The dean of students called him in and told him to graduate or else. So that is what he ended up with.

Maroon Wizardry
07-09-2017, 02:43 PM
I own one of these Interdisciplinary studies degrees. I call it a partied hard and irresponsibly degree. i got kicked out of a certain program and it was the fastest route to graduate. but i did graduate and did go back later in life and get a legitimate degree in finance. I think the degree serves as a failsafe to help kids graduate and maintain a higher standard for certain programs.

Dawgowar
07-09-2017, 04:00 PM
Served with fellow officers and warrant officers that used that degree to get to OCS or WOCS/Flight School. Some used it with a couple of add-on biz courses to qualify for MBA type programs. It can be a bridge to help somebody already on a career path.

Look, got a full ride my last two years in ROTC and stayed Political Science. Had a law school plan for back-up but thankfully went active duty. That said, had to work my ass off in the civilian world to overcome not having a business degree. If I had to do it again would have double majored or at least taken enough business courses to get an MBA at night on the government's dime later in life.