PDA

View Full Version : What is the board's sentiments about UT coach Butch Jones?

Indndawg
07-07-2017, 08:52 AM
I just loathe hearing him talk in his uber-hyper coach speak.

ShotgunDawg
07-07-2017, 09:02 AM
I just think he's a sucky coach that cheats his ass off in a way that's just below Freezus & also happens to be in a below average division.

When they play, it always looks clunky & lacks flow. Their skill players never seem to show any rhythm or crispness.

Dawgtini
07-07-2017, 09:13 AM
Butch is the suck

sandwolf
07-07-2017, 09:21 AM
I just loathe hearing him talk in his uber-hyper coach speak.Aside from Bucky, he is easily my second least favorite coach in the league.

Indndawg
07-07-2017, 09:26 AM
Aside from Bucky, he is easily my second least favorite coach in the league.

He reminds me of mini-Bucky. Cheater, liar, and below avg coach that's got a fan base hoodwinked.

Dawg61
07-07-2017, 09:27 AM
I can't stand red-faced 1950's haircut Butch Jones. Guy is a total psycho. Rumor I heard was he allowed the football team to do a code red on the freshman player that drove the AJ Johnson rape victim to the hospital. They beat his ass in the locker room for "going against their star player" by driving a sexual assault victim to a damn hospital. Butch knew about it and condoned it. Player transferred a week after the beating. He is fired as soon as they have one shitty season.

Cooterpoot
07-07-2017, 09:31 AM
He's a great con man. Terrible coach.

Indndawg
07-07-2017, 09:34 AM
Sounds like UT might be on the cusp of a visit from the boys from Indy.Couldn't happen to a better bunch

confucius say
07-07-2017, 09:43 AM
Good recruiter who can't develop talent and whose teams underachieve yearly. Would be fired already if he coached in the west.

Quaoarsking
07-07-2017, 09:45 AM
A true champion of life with a 5-star heart**

ShotgunDawg
07-07-2017, 09:47 AM
Good recruiter who can't develop talent and whose teams underachieve yearly. Would be fired already if he coached in the west.

How we define "good recruiter" has become interesting to me

Jack Lambert
07-07-2017, 09:52 AM
This is why the guy is a shit bird and Tenn is is a shit institution.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/14839413/butch-jones-told-tennessee-wr-betrayed-team-helping-alleged-assault-victim

Pollodawg
07-07-2017, 09:53 AM
He's a slime ball and average coach at best at a program that hasn't been spectacular since the early 2000s.

Dawg61
07-07-2017, 10:00 AM
This is why the guy is a shit bird and Tenn is is a shit institution.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/14839413/butch-jones-told-tennessee-wr-betrayed-team-helping-alleged-assault-victim

This matches up with what I heard. Butch let his team beat up a player for driving a rape victim to the hospital. He is dead man walking

DawgPoundtheRock
07-07-2017, 10:40 AM
This matches up with what I heard. Butch let his team beat up a player for driving a rape victim to the hospital. He is dead man walking

And then covered it up. It just seemed to go away and very little was heard from the media.

I live in Chattanooga, and even the UT faithful are getting restless. Good recruiter (cheater), mediocre coach, somewhat shady, incessant coach-speak and he's been changing the "culture" since he got there. His seat will be quite warm after this season with anything less than 8 wins.

Reason2succeed
07-07-2017, 10:57 AM
I hope he stays around long enough for TN to return to our schedule. TN is a sleeping giant that I don't want awakened.

TUSK
07-07-2017, 10:59 AM
Like Les Miles at LSU, I hope Butch stays at UT... for eveh.

Unfortunately, UT fans aren't as patient...

As posted above, if he loses more than 4 games (@UF, UGA, @Bammer, LSU), he'll be a "Champion of Life Support"...

TUSK
07-07-2017, 11:00 AM
I hope he stays around long enough for TN to return to our schedule. TN is a sleeping giant that I don't want awakened.

This is super duper correct.

+1

Dawg61
07-07-2017, 11:12 AM
TN is a sleeping giant that I don't want awakened.

Tennessee is a sleeping giant like about twenty other schools if they hire Nick Saban. Till they do that they will stay sleeping.

TrapGame
07-07-2017, 11:41 AM
Luckiest coach in college football. His team won games last season by flukes. That's the only reason he kept his job.

Randolph Dupree
07-07-2017, 11:47 AM
Luckiest coach in college football. His team won games last season by flukes. That's the only reason he kept his job.

^^^^this

JoseBrown
07-07-2017, 11:53 AM

Don't worry they will fire him just in time for a new coach to get them together for us. Seems to be our luck. UGA fired Richt in time for Smart to have them ready for us, but will they be?

whosyourdawgy
07-07-2017, 12:00 PM
I'm glad he's theirs and not ours.

HSVDawg
07-07-2017, 12:18 PM

Yep. He's basically a much more shady version of Jim Donnan.

confucius say
07-07-2017, 12:21 PM
How we define "good recruiter" has become interesting to me

Touch?.

He signs highly rated players is better.

HSVDawg
07-07-2017, 12:27 PM

I could care less if they get awakened. We only play them like once or twice a decade.

confucius say
07-07-2017, 12:40 PM

Meh. No fertile recruiting base. No real relevance in last 15 years. Outside of fulmer (brilliant job running him off by the way**), have they ever been that good in the modern era?

msstatelp1
07-07-2017, 01:53 PM

UT and Jones deserve each other

Lord McBuckethead
07-07-2017, 02:04 PM
Plus it would help if they actually beat some guys from the West every once in a while.

Bully13
07-07-2017, 02:12 PM
Tennessee is a sleeping giant like about twenty other schools if they hire Nick Saban. Till they do that they will stay sleeping.

lived in Memphis for 12 years and went with a UT friend to the FL game in Knoxville when they beat UF on their way to that Natty they won. I can tell you without a doubt they are a sleeping giant and it would not take a Nick Saban to awaken them. they've got the fan base and resources.

Pollodawg
07-07-2017, 02:16 PM
lived in Memphis for 12 years and went with a UT friend to the FL game in Knoxville when they beat UF on their way to that Natty they won. I can tell you without a doubt they are a sleeping giant and it would not take a Nick Saban to awaken them. they've got the fan base and resources.
Hear this all the time. It's bunk. Why haven't they reawaken , then? UT has been "on its way back" since '99.

Bully13
07-07-2017, 02:24 PM
Heatvthis allbgbe time. It's bunk. Why haven't they reawaken , then? UT has been "on its way back" since '99.

looks like you had some cell phone issues on your post but you do make a good point. based on some inside info I had while living in Memphis, the Vols were HUGE cheaters in the crootin' bidness. it appears others have upped their game and it could be that UT now has competition they used to not have to deal with regarding crootin.

they usually still pull in top 10 classes though, right? it seems they've been struck with the other UT'S problem called Mack Brown itus.

msstatelp1
07-07-2017, 02:26 PM

They do have the fan base and the resources but I'm not sure they can attract the talent like they used to. It may be the coaches they've had since Fulmer at the root of the problem.

Bully13
07-07-2017, 02:33 PM
They do have the fan base and the resources but I'm not sure they can attract the talent like they used to. It may be the coaches they've had since Fulmer at the root of the problem.

that could very well be the case. one of the worst coached games I've ever seen, and yes it tops EVERY turd we've ever dropped was when Fulmer had Peyton Manning and he allowed Memphis State to beat them in the liberty bowl. I don't think a single play action pass was called the whole day by TN. everything was up the middle on 1st and 2nd down and Peyton always had 3rd and 6 or more. Memphis just loaded the box on 1st and 2nd then blitzed on 3rd. the whole 17ing game.

Fulmer had decided pre-game he was going to "smack 'em in the mouth" and whip Memphis old school. Ha, was kinda funny seeing that stupidity chop his balls off.

Jack Lambert
07-07-2017, 02:35 PM

That's what I don't understand why they keep him and as far as that goes why does A&M keep Sumerlin? They got the money to buy the contracts out and go pay for a really good coach. Bama saw who they wanted and they had the money to buy him.

Pollodawg
07-07-2017, 02:47 PM
looks like you had some cell phone issues on your post but you do make a good point. based on some inside info I had while living in Memphis, the Vols were HUGE cheaters in the crootin' bidness. it appears others have upped their game and it could be that UT now has competition they used to not have to deal with regarding crootin.

they usually still pull in top 10 classes though, right? it seems they've been struck with the other UT'S problem called Mack Brown itus.
Stupid phone. And fat fingers ��

BuckyIsAB****
07-07-2017, 03:51 PM
I liked him a lot pre TN but if him not winning that division yet has made me lose any faith that he ever will.

Dawg61
07-07-2017, 03:54 PM
Tennessee came back to the pack in the 2000's and then Saban, Urban and Miles started owning the SEC pushing Tennessee down even more. Same time that happened other schools like us started getting better and now Tennessee is middle ground SEC at best every year. There's no Peyton Manning, Reggie Lewis and Jamal Lewis playing for them anymore and they don't win every recruiting battle like they used to in the 90's when they could cheat their asses off and nobody knew how to combat against it. Internet, Florida and Saban killed the Vols. They finally just beat Florida for the first time in a decade and their losing streak to Alabama is at a decade straight right now so never very good for a "giant" to have two guaranteed losses on their schedule already every year. I doubt we ever see Tennessee get back to another championship before we make it there ourselves.

Token Bammer
07-07-2017, 04:16 PM
I love Butch Jones and hope he stays at UT for-e-ver.

Token Bammer
07-07-2017, 04:22 PM
Like Les Miles at LSU, I hope Butch stays at UT... for eveh.

Unfortunately, UT fans aren't as patient...

As posted above, if he loses more than 4 games (@UF, UGA, @Bammer, LSU), he'll be a "Champion of Life Support"...

I think 10rC is headed for a tough year. Fulmer is back on the payroll again, probably to teach the administration how to UcheaT better. No one cheated like Fatimus during his reign.

Tbonewannabe
07-07-2017, 04:37 PM
And then covered it up. It just seemed to go away and very little was heard from the media.

I live in Chattanooga, and even the UT faithful are getting restless. Good recruiter (cheater), mediocre coach, somewhat shady, incessant coach-speak and he's been changing the "culture" since he got there. His seat will be quite warm after this season with anything less than 8 wins.

Changing the culture to be more like Baylor.

Bully13
07-07-2017, 05:28 PM
Tennessee came back to the pack in the 2000's and then Saban, Urban and Miles started owning the SEC pushing Tennessee down even more. Same time that happened other schools like us started getting better and now Tennessee is middle ground SEC at best every year. There's no Peyton Manning, Reggie Lewis and Jamal Lewis playing for them anymore and they don't win every recruiting battle like they used to in the 90's when they could cheat their asses off and nobody knew how to combat against it. Internet, Florida and Saban killed the Vols. They finally just beat Florida for the first time in a decade and their losing streak to Alabama is at a decade straight right now so never very good for a "giant" to have two guaranteed losses on their schedule already every year. I doubt we ever see Tennessee get back to another championship before we make it there ourselves.

good accurate points. will be interesting to see if they can bring someone in to get them close to where they once were. still a huge fan base with lot's of money and they can put over 100K butts in the stands on any given Saturday if they are winning.

Dawg61
07-07-2017, 07:28 PM
good accurate points. will be interesting to see if they can bring someone in to get them close to where they once were. still a huge fan base with lot's of money and they can put over 100K butts in the stands on any given Saturday if they are winning.

Nyland Stadium is still top 10 no doubt. Would be top 5 if it wasn't filed with that eye-sore NASCAR orange

gravedigger
07-07-2017, 09:03 PM

Orgeron lite.

Joe Schmedlap
07-08-2017, 03:11 PM
Two words: whale shit