PDA

View Full Version : Important Photobucket Announcement

BeastMan
07-07-2017, 08:11 AM
If you use Photobucket for posting pics on this site, you'll have to find a new hosting service. They now charge $400 a year to post pics on 3rd party sites like message boards, blogs, etc... Other options are Imgur and Flickr.

louisvilledawg
07-07-2017, 08:28 AM
Fun fact:

My cousin's husband was one of the founders of photobucket. Wish it wasn't so expensive.

Dawgface
07-07-2017, 08:30 AM
That site has been going to crap the last couple of years. More and more ads and wanting money for a better version.

BeastMan
07-07-2017, 09:07 AM
Fun fact:

My cousin's husband was one of the founders of photobucket. Wish it wasn't so expensive.

I have a feeling they are done after this. No announcement or warning, basically blackmail. There are folks with blogs who
Used them for years and now they're blogs are screwed after all the images being pulled. I cannot imagine who thought that up.

BeastMan
07-07-2017, 09:08 AM
That site has been going to crap the last couple of years. More and more ads and wanting money for a better version.

Correct. Site has been trash for years but the app has been great.

Turfdawg67
07-07-2017, 09:18 AM
If you use Photobucket for posting pics on this site, you'll have to find a new hosting service. They now charge $400 a year to post pics on 3rd party sites like message boards, blogs, etc... Other options are Imgur and Flickr.

Scooba recommended postimage.org and it is amazingly simple. Don't even have to create an account.

BeastMan
07-07-2017, 10:04 AM
Scooba recommended postimage.org and it is amazingly simple. Don't even have to create an account.

I'm going to check that out

RocketDawg
07-07-2017, 06:33 PM
I could see a small fee, but $400 is pretty much ridiculous.