PDA

View Full Version : Meanwhile, in the land of cotton.....

QuadrupleOption
07-06-2017, 03:59 PM
http://www.wlox.com/story/35827137/ole-miss-to-recognize-slave-labor-on-pre-civil-war-buildings

#toolittletoolate

msbulldog
07-06-2017, 04:35 PM
Boy that might get something burned down.

Bully13
07-06-2017, 04:52 PM
trying to counteract the recent contribution to MSU'S Grant/ Lincoln museum? trying to win the media day are we TSUN?

RocketDawg
07-06-2017, 04:55 PM
Any idea what Vitter's comment means?

Reason2succeed
07-06-2017, 06:16 PM
Any idea what Vitter's comment means?

It means he knows there are some families (and white supremacists) who are going to be SUPER PISSED that the Vardaman name is being removed.

msbulldog
07-06-2017, 07:04 PM
It means he knows there are some families (and white supremacists) who are going to be SUPER PISSED that the Vardaman name is being removed.

Vitter will be a short-timer, because he's fixing to piss off the network like Dan Jones did.

OR I saw somebody throw out the theory, that TSUN would lose all the vestiges of their confederate past, to pacify the NCAA. Which is similar to what we did hiring Croom, the 1st Black SEC coach. It kind of makes sense, their changing the name of Vardaman Hall (Mississippi Gov. who said I'll hang every n _ger). Their are putting up plaques on the statue of their Confederate soldier giving credit to black folks in the Civil War. Their also putting up plaques giving credit to slaves who built some buildings on TSUN campus
They are pulling the same crap we did to get out of our penalties !
Now they will be the University of Mississippi and the University of Mississippi Black bears!
Now I don't know if this will work, but it did work for us.

Liverpooldawg
07-06-2017, 07:05 PM
They are very proud that slave labor was used on their buildings. Why should that be a shock?

msbulldog
07-06-2017, 07:15 PM
They are very proud that slave labor was used on their buildings. Why should that be a shock?

Read my post above Liverpool. TSUN is already in negotiations with the NCAA they're looking for a way out.

PassInterference
07-06-2017, 07:21 PM
Nobody is negotiating with the NCAA. COI hasn't met yet.

Mobile Bay
07-06-2017, 07:25 PM
They should be forced to hire Sylvester Croom then too.

Dawg61
07-06-2017, 07:32 PM

NCAA went easier on SMU if that happens

msbulldog
07-06-2017, 07:55 PM
Nobody is negotiating with the NCAA. COI hasn't met yet.

C'mon pass you know better than that.

Red Sox Dawg
07-06-2017, 08:01 PM

Well played, reps to you.

Dawg61
07-06-2017, 08:04 PM
Boy that might get something burned down.

This is terrible, funny and true

Coldsleeve Jr.
07-06-2017, 08:26 PM
Vitter will be a short-timer, because he's fixing to piss off the network like Dan Jones did.

OR I saw somebody throw out the theory, that TSUN would lose all the vestiges of their confederate past, to pacify the NCAA. Which is similar to what we did hiring Croom, the 1st Black SEC coach. It kind of makes sense, their changing the name of Vardaman Hall (Mississippi Gov. who said I'll hang every n _ger). Their are putting up plaques on the statue of their Confederate soldier giving credit to black folks in the Civil War. Their also putting up plaques giving credit to slaves who built some buildings on TSUN campus
They are pulling the same crap we did to get out of our penalties !
Now they will be the University of Mississippi and the University of Mississippi Black bears!
Now I don't know if this will work, but it did work for us.

Wouldndt surprise me if this was part of "the plan" from the beginning. Cant think of his name but a former chancellor wanted to get rid of the confederate past. Might as well use it as a negotiation point instead of just doing it.

Liverpooldawg
07-06-2017, 08:40 PM
Read my post above Liverpool. TSUN is already in negotiations with the NCAA they're looking for a way out.

That they think that will cut them any favors is pathetic. It's something they should have done decades ago, and done it unforced.

Liverpooldawg
07-06-2017, 08:41 PM
NCAA went easier on SMU if that happens

No they didn't. We recovered from Croom in two years after we got rid of him. SMU still hasn't recovered, and never will given where they are now.

Dawg61
07-06-2017, 11:15 PM
No they didn't. We recovered from Croom in two years after we got rid of him. SMU still hasn't recovered, and never will given where they are now.

Can someone explain to me how Liverpool doesn't understand my comment is a joke? Like how is that possible? It's obvious I am throwing a giant turd on Croom and yet Liverpool takes the comment as serious. Do you live in the forrest in Siberia where human interaction and jokes/sarcasm are not present? Asking for a friend

HSVDawg
07-06-2017, 11:26 PM
LOL, they have a building on their campus named after James Vardaman? How in the hell did I miss that? Hilariously embarrassing. Do the students go to the Byron De La Beckwith Student Union to grab fast food after classes there?

BeardoMSU
07-06-2017, 11:39 PM
Do the students go to the Byron De La Beckwith Student Union to grab fast food after classes there?

Yep, and every time they do, a holographic image of Rossy B. appears just to shake their hand.....*****
#GhostsofMSReference

TUSK
07-06-2017, 11:45 PM
and to the Politics Board in

Reason2succeed
07-07-2017, 12:29 AM
and to the Politics Board in

Ya ya ya football. There you go. Now this is still sports related so we can leave it here. As the local liberal I can say that this thread hasn't bothered me at all.

I don't think the NCAA really cares about the Rebels and their school traditions beyond the Rebel flags. Colonel Reb never bothered me. The flags still do. The names of the buildings don't bother me either though. Racists were everywhere back in the day. Don't whitewash that. Like they are doing contextualize and tell the whole story.

Maybe as a part of this OM can stop claiming NC that were "won" when black players were not allowed to compete. The best teams in Mississippi at that time were probably the SWAC schools.

I seen it dawg
07-07-2017, 08:18 AM
Can someone explain to me how Liverpool doesn't understand my comment is a joke? Like how is that possible? It's obvious I am throwing a giant turd on Croom and yet Liverpool takes the comment as serious. Do you live in the forrest in Siberia where human interaction and jokes/sarcasm are not present? Asking for a friend

Yeah I know...some are incapable of just seeing it without a bunch of damn asterisks. Sad really

louisvilledawg
07-07-2017, 08:18 AM

https://media3.giphy.com/media/u52gRNybAmAy4/giphy.gif

louisvilledawg
07-07-2017, 08:19 AM

He needs to step away from the keyboard and go outside to the real world for a little bit. Common sense seems to have escape him.

Dawg61
07-07-2017, 09:20 AM
https://media3.giphy.com/media/u52gRNybAmAy4/giphy.gif

Haha this gif is great

QuadrupleOption
07-07-2017, 10:14 AM
LOL, they have a building on their campus named after James Vardaman? How in the hell did I miss that? Hilariously embarrassing. Do the students go to the Byron De La Beckwith Student Union to grab fast food after classes there?

Absolutely they do - right after getting out of class at the Nathan Bedford Forrest Center for Racial Harmony.

tcdog70
07-07-2017, 10:39 AM
Nathan Bedford Forrest was once the mascot for Southern Ms. General Nat. Any building built before 1860 was built with slave labor. Ya'll know we have Lee Hall. and a Statue of a Confederate General on our parade Grounds. Just saying.

HSVDawg
07-07-2017, 10:52 AM
Nathan Bedford Forrest was once the mascot for Southern Ms. General Nat. Any building built before 1860 was built with slave labor. Ya'll know we have Lee Hall. and a Statue of a Confederate General on our parade Grounds. Just saying.

There's a big difference between an officer in the Confederate army in the 1860's and a guy who stated publicly in the 1900's that every N---- should be lynched in the name of white supremacy. Just my opinion. Vardaman was one of the most nororious racists in Mississippi's history, and that is no small feat.

Reason2succeed
07-07-2017, 11:13 AM
There's a big difference between an officer in the Confederate army in the 1860's and a guy who stated publicly in the 1900's that every N---- should be lynched in the name of white supremacy. Just my opinion. Vardaman was one of the most nororious racists in Mississippi's history, and that is no small feat.

Exactly this. Most of the south and some of the north was built directly or indirectly by slave labor or the money made from slave labor. That was the context. But having a building named after an outright hateful white supremacist is a different thing.

Liverpooldawg
07-07-2017, 11:29 AM

Your jokes usually aren't jokes. If that was one I am sorry for the anguish that not everyone got your joke must have caused you. :) *******

Bully13
07-07-2017, 11:37 AM

did Vardaman actually say that? damn

tcdog70
07-07-2017, 11:48 AM
did Vardaman actually say that? damn

Oh he said a lot worse. He was and is an embarrassment. Good idea to remove His name. Rednecks can be attributed to his followers.

FISHDAWG
07-07-2017, 12:22 PM
it's all part of their new recruiting plan ... they have to start somewhere ... without the cash incentives it's down to the Grove and campus

QuadrupleOption
07-07-2017, 12:40 PM

From Wikipedia:

Forrest was an early member of the Ku Klux Klan (KKK). Historian and Forrest biographer Brian Steel Wills writes, "While there is no doubt that Forrest joined the Klan, there is some question as to whether he actually was the Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathan_Bedford_Forrest

It's a joke guys. Because, you know, Ole Miss is racist. Just go with it.

QuadrupleOption
07-07-2017, 12:44 PM

You know that Lee Hall was named after the first president of MSU, Stephen D. Lee, right? You also know that the statue of Lee on campus was put up because of his service to MSU and not as some kind of glorification of the Civil War, right?

You know what false equivalence is, right?

Just saying.