PDA

View Full Version : Hunting Blinds

Snowman79
07-06-2017, 08:15 AM
What's everyone's thoughts on hunting blinds? My elevated shooting house in WI was destroyed by a storm a few weeks back. I'm thinking of buying a ground blind to use there and close to home. Got a bunch of Academy cards and was looking at the Ameristeps.

louisvilledawg
07-13-2017, 09:11 AM
I've had some decent luck bowhunting out of blinds. Never gun hunted out of one though, but i bet it cast similar results. I say go for it!

basedog
07-13-2017, 09:15 AM
Many advantages from the wind, cold, rain and movement. I use them a lot.

SpeckleDawg
07-13-2017, 10:49 AM
Definitely more concealed most of the time, but you are also at eye-level and likely often closer to them. They are great for areas that don't give you many options for hanging a lock on.

As far as brand, you get what you pay for. Especially if you will be leaving it out in the elements for long periods of time.

Randolph Dupree
07-16-2017, 09:52 AM
I use them in certain spots but not everywhere and have had success with bow and gun. In my experience they really help with scent control. Speck is right in that you get what you pay for. In my experience the best bang for the buck is the Primos XL. Decent quality and you can find it for around $100.