PDA

View Full Version : For those certain OM has passed us by this year:

blacklistedbully
09-16-2013, 12:18 AM
A) OM opponents combined records = 2-6 (and these included 2 games versus FCS teams!), 1-5 vs D1. The 2 wins came against 0-3 FCS Austin Peay & 0-3 New Mexico State. Not a single good football team.

B) OM opponents other opponents = 4-10 The above opponents were so bad that they were 2-6 versus teams that were just 4-10 themselves, including versus 3 FCS teams. This is worse than it looks, as SCar accounts for 2 of the wins, so you can't claim Ole Miss victims were good teams losing to great teams.

C) OM wins versus teams with winning record = 0.

D) OM wins versus BCS conference teams with a winning record (I know, redundant)= 0.

E) OM should have lost to Vandy, narrowly escaping by 3. Vandy's only win was against 0-3 Austin Peay, who also lost to Tenn 45-0 & FCS Chattanooga 42-10.

F) OM beat Texas, who also lost to 1-1 BYU 40-21. BYU lost their other game to 1-1 Va, thus BYU cannot be called a good football team. Texas is a bad football team.

G) OM beat 0-2 FCS SE Missouri State 31-13, whose other loss was to fellow FCS SELA 45-0. That was SELA's only win against 2 losses. So we have another bad FCS team whipping perhaps the worst FCS team in the nation worse than Ole Miss did (27 points worse).

Saying Ole Miss is impressive now is like saying we were a legit NC contender at 7-0. Don't buy into the hype.

TopDog58
09-16-2013, 12:48 AM
All that is well and good, but they are also 1-0 in the SEC and demolished a team on the road in the same conference as the team that kicked our ass on a neutral field. Our only chance of wins this year will be against teams from non BCS leagues and SEC teams with losing records.

All that being said, I'd rather be 3-0

blacklistedbully
09-16-2013, 01:41 AM
All that is well and good, but they are also 1-0 in the SEC and demolished a team on the road in the same conference as the team that kicked our ass on a neutral field. Our only chance of wins this year will be against teams from non BCS leagues and SEC teams with losing records.

All that being said, I'd rather be 3-0

You can't seriously be comparing Ok State to Texas. They are 1-0 because they won a game they should have lost against an SEC team that has not looked good so far.

sbcmortgageman
09-16-2013, 04:26 AM
It's quite obvious they've passed us by, regardless of who they've played. Let's be honest here. Right now they have the Egg Bowl Trophy, had a top 5 recruiting class, are 3-0, ranked in the top 25, have a fired up fanbase.... I could keep going but it's painful to type that.

We used to have a fired up fanbase.

MemphisDawg
09-16-2013, 04:43 AM
Blacklist there is just so much fail in this thread.

D) Ole Miss wins vs BcS conference teams. "0". So Vandy and Texas aren't in a BCS conference?

E) saying Ole Miss should have lost to Vandy isn't right either. By that logic Vandy should have never retaken the lead. They completed a 4th and 18. To keep their hopes alive. A ball game is 60 minutes for a reason.

F) Texas lost to BYU which lost to UVA which isn't any good. Get that shit out of here. Throughout the season you can circle around and end up making anyone beat anyone by that logic. It's called matchups. UVA matched up way better against BYU than Texas did.

G) (Jesus you out alot of thought into these) Ummm Ole Miss kinda pulled their starters in the 2nd quarter after they led 4 straight scoring drives and completely shutting down SEMO. Then put in backups for almost 3 quarters of the game. Can't compare Ole Miss win to how SELA beat them. Again that's just dumb.

Again the fact of the matter is who gives a shit about Ole miss. If they aren't that good then they will get exposed. We don't have to spin things to make us feel better about ourselves.

MemphisDawg
09-16-2013, 04:45 AM
Double post.

But another thought. I don't know how good ole miss actually is or isn't.

But fact of the matter is their fans are are pumped and excited and are worshipping their coach. We are sitting around wanting to fire ours. You tell me which program is ahead of who.

Will James
09-16-2013, 06:15 AM
It's quite obvious they've passed us by, regardless of who they've played. Let's be honest here. Right now they have the Egg Bowl Trophy, had a top 5 recruiting class, are 3-0, ranked in the top 25, have a fired up fanbase.... I could keep going but it's painful to type that.

We used to have a fired up fanbase.

Don't forget fired up coach. We used to have a fired up coach. The Bears have clearly passed us.

T-Dogg
09-16-2013, 06:40 AM
According to Sagarin OM's strength of schedule right now is ranked higher than MSU's was at any point during last season. MSU can't crow about an 8 win season then down play OM's 3-0 stat if they both came from the same type wins. Keep in mind that this is year 2 of Freeze and 2011 was year 4 of Mullen.

Political Hack
09-16-2013, 06:56 AM
they are a paper tiger right now, but perception is reality. I wish we had played SEMO to open the season right now.

WeWonItAll(Most)
09-16-2013, 07:37 AM

D) Ole Miss wins vs BcS conference teams. "0". So Vandy and Texas aren't in a BCS conference?

E) saying Ole Miss should have lost to Vandy isn't right either. By that logic Vandy should have never retaken the lead. They completed a 4th and 18. To keep their hopes alive. A ball game is 60 minutes for a reason.

F) Texas lost to BYU which lost to UVA which isn't any good. Get that shit out of here. Throughout the season you can circle around and end up making anyone beat anyone by that logic. It's called matchups. UVA matched up way better against BYU than Texas did.

G) (Jesus you out alot of thought into these) Ummm Ole Miss kinda pulled their starters in the 2nd quarter after they led 4 straight scoring drives and completely shutting down SEMO. Then put in backups for almost 3 quarters of the game. Can't compare Ole Miss win to how SELA beat them. Again that's just dumb.

Again the fact of the matter is who gives a shit about Ole miss. If they aren't that good then they will get exposed. We don't have to spin things to make us feel better about ourselves.

I think he's using the same logic Ole Miss fans have used the last 3-4 years. If they're allowed to spout out stupid shit and spin it why can't we?

sbcmortgageman
09-16-2013, 07:47 AM
Don't forget fired up coach. We used to have a fired up coach. The Bears have clearly passed us.

You're right. And that may be our biggest problem. I see zero fire in Dans belly. All his shatty talk about taking the next step and finishing would be halfway believable if he practiced what he preached. He's just meh with his attitude.

Dawgface
09-16-2013, 07:47 AM
I think he's using the same logic Ole Miss fans have used the last 3-4 years. If they're allowed to spout out stupid shit and spin it why can't we?

LOL, the OP did it a good job if it was suppose to be stupid shit.

smootness
09-16-2013, 07:55 AM
they are a paper tiger right now, but perception is reality. I wish we had played SEMO to open the season right now.

You're becoming an awful poster with this in every single thread.

C222
09-16-2013, 08:18 AM
A) OM opponents combined records = 2-6 (and these included 2 games versus FCS teams!), 1-5 vs D1. The 2 wins came against 0-3 FCS Austin Peay & 0-3 New Mexico State. Not a single good football team.

B) OM opponents other opponents = 4-10 The above opponents were so bad that they were 2-6 versus teams that were just 4-10 themselves, including versus 3 FCS teams. This is worse than it looks, as SCar accounts for 2 of the wins, so you can't claim Ole Miss victims were good teams losing to great teams.

C) OM wins versus teams with winning record = 0.

D) OM wins versus BCS conference teams = 0.

E) OM should have lost to Vandy, narrowly escaping by 3. Vandy's only win was against 0-3 Austin Peay, who also lost to Tenn 45-0 & FCS Chattanooga 42-10.

F) OM beat Texas, who also lost to 1-1 BYU 40-21. BYU lost their other game to 1-1 Va, thus BYU cannot be called a good football team. Texas is a bad football team.

G) OM beat 0-2 FCS SE Missouri State 31-13, whose other loss was to fellow FCS SELA 45-0. That was SELA's only win against 2 losses. So we have another bad FCS team whipping perhaps the worst FCS team in the nation worse than Ole Miss did (27 points worse).

Saying Ole Miss is impressive now is like saying we were a legit NC contender at 7-0. Don't buy into the hype.

Get over it. They have clearly passed us by. They will finish at least 9-3 and they are stomping our ass in recruiting yet again.

Coach34
09-16-2013, 08:24 AM
They will finish at least 9-3 .

I'd hold off on that

We are better defensively than they are- they are better offensively

They are about to get beat on by Bama- who is going to take them seriously this time
Auburn gets a week off to get ready for them at home- I like Auburn in that one
LSU and A&M are just as likely to beat them
I still like us to beat them in Starkville

I still say 7-5

They have beaten an average Vandy team at best and a Texas team in shambles without their starting QB and an Interim DC...their real tests are coming up

starkvegasdawg
09-16-2013, 08:39 AM
We are better defensively than they are- they are better offensively

LSU and A&M are just as likely to beat them

Saying they are better offensively might be up for understatement of the year. They have the type of offense we were told we were going to have when The Visor became our coach. What I have seen this season is basically Crooms offense on meth. The same predictable calls only run at a faster pace.

I do think A&M will beat them and beat them easily but I think this could set a record for one of the highest scoring games in college football. I see a 66-55 kind of game playing out.

They always play LSU tough no matter how good or bad it is but I think LSU wins that one too. Alabama will beat them like a stray dog in their yard. The rest of the games you have to say they have at worst a 50/50 chance of winning.

Saltydog
09-16-2013, 08:48 AM
D.........

slickdawg
09-16-2013, 08:51 AM
Good lord people, get a grip!

They've been "stomping" us in recruiting every year. Dan is 3-1 against them. We are 4-2 against them in the last 6 years.

Their class, Our class (24/7 rankings)

2006: 15th , 29th
2007: 20th , 39th
2008: 70th , 42nd
2009: 17th , 19th
2010: 38th, 29th
2011: 20th, 34th
2012: 46th, 22nd
2013: 8th, 25th

C222
09-16-2013, 08:59 AM

They've been "stomping" us in recruiting every year. Dan is 3-1 against them. We are 4-2 against them in the last 6 years.

Haha...whatever makes you feel better.

smootness
09-16-2013, 09:02 AM

You do realize our average is better than theirs, even including last year?

Coach34
09-16-2013, 09:05 AM
Haha...whatever makes you feel better.

Do you seriously think they have more talent than us on defense? No, no they dont.

Where they are ahead of us right now is WR and maybe in the OL...and there is no doubt right now that Freezus runs a better offense...that's the only difference in us and them right now

C222
09-16-2013, 09:11 AM
Do you seriously think they have more talent than us on defense? No, no they dont.

Where they are ahead of us right now is WR and maybe in the OL...and there is no doubt right now that Freezus runs a better offense...that's the only difference in us and them right now

No, but they are well on their way. We are in year 5 of Mullen and we lost to THAT Auburn team? If we can't be them, who can we beat?

They are already way ahead of us in offense and recruiting and Freeze has coached 16 games.

slickdawg
09-16-2013, 09:13 AM
You do realize our average is better than theirs, even including last year?

According to Excel, the averages are:

29.25 to 29.875

So they are ahead of us by 0.625 - yep, we're getting stomped.

C222
09-16-2013, 09:19 AM

29.25 to 29.875

The argument is "has Ole Miss passed us by" right? Why are we using Nutt's season's in this argument? From the time Freeze stepped on campus, is what I am looking at.

Are they a better team? Yes
Is their recruiting better? Yes

It's pretty clear to me.

Coach34
09-16-2013, 09:22 AM
No, but they are well on their way. We are in year 5 of Mullen and we lost to THAT Auburn team? If we can't be them, who can we beat?

They are already way ahead of us in offense and recruiting and Freeze has coached 16 games.

1. THAT Auburn is probably going to beat OM too and is going bowling

2. The recruiting bullshit is way overblown. Mullen has pulled 9 of the Mississippi top 10 the last 2 years- Freezus has pulled 5 of them- 2 of those being Koolio and Buchanan who are in no way, shape, or form 4-star football players. He has pulled some national recruits to offset that and that's big for them, no doubt.

We'll see this November that the talent-level is about the same when we get that trophy back

C222
09-16-2013, 09:24 AM
1. THAT Auburn is probably going to beat OM too and is going bowling

2. The recruiting bullshit is way overblown. Mullen has pulled 9 of the Mississippi top 10 the last 2 years- Freezus has pulled 5 of them- 2 of those being Koolio and Buchanan who are in no way, shape, or form 4-star football players. He has pulled some national recruits to offset that and that's big for them, no doubt.

We'll see this November that the talent-level is about the same when we get that trophy back

I really hope you're right.

Coach34
09-16-2013, 09:24 AM
The argument is "has Ole Miss passed us by" right? Why are we using Nutt's season's in this argument? From the time Freeze stepped on campus, is what I am looking at.

Are they a better team? Yes
Is their recruiting better? Yes

It's pretty clear to me.

We lost to them last year, but we won more games and were in the better bowl game. So we had a better season in 2012 than they did.

Until Freezus has a better season than Mullen, I'd hold off

T-Dogg
09-16-2013, 10:14 AM
I don't mean to be a negative nancy, but MSU played a much easier schedule than OM last year. Considering their expectations and ours, the better season and the better team has to go to OM. I know that might not be popular around here, but I don't see how anyone being objective can say otherwise. OM and MSU both capitalized on AU and AR being down, and OM got their ass beat by a really good Texas team last year. OM lost to a Vandy team that was much better than the Kentucky team MSU beat. I'm sorry, but the more I see OM play, it appears that the Egg Bowl was no fluke. They may have had 9 regular season wins with MSU's schedule last year.

MadDawg
09-16-2013, 10:23 AM
Nobody despises the bears as much as I do, but it's time to take off the maroon colored glasses and look at reality. The Bears have passed us this season. Hell, it actually happened last season, but they had such a poor start to their season, they couldn't catch up to our record even with our late season collapse.

I don't expect them to lose to Auburn. They will score way too much for Auburn to keep up offensively. Our defense may indeed be better than the bear's defense, but their offense is light-years better than ours. So, that's not even close to a wash. They will lose a very close game to Alabama. And will lose a shoot-out with Texas A&M that might set new NCAA records for yardage and total scoring. They will come close to beating LSU if not actually doing it. The rest of their games they will be favored and should win.

Coach34
09-16-2013, 10:25 AM
I don't mean to be a negative nancy, but MSU played a much easier schedule than OM last year. Considering their expectations and ours, the better season and the better team has to go to OM. I know that might not be popular around here, but I don't see how anyone being objective can say otherwise. OM and MSU both capitalized on AU and AR being down, and OM got their ass beat by a really good Texas team last year. OM lost to a Vandy team that was much better than the Kentucky team MSU beat. I'm sorry, but the more I see OM play, it appears that the Egg Bowl was no fluke. They may have had 9 regular season wins with MSU's schedule last year.

You're dealing in what if's and conjecture- I'm dealing in facts and results

We won more games
We played in a better bowl
We had the better overall season

That cant be argued. They didnt have our schedule- they had theirs.

T-Dogg
09-16-2013, 10:58 AM
OM played Texas, Georgia, and Vandy. MSU played Tennessee, Kentucky, and Troy. OM beat MSU's ass in the Egg Bowl. All facts.

You are dealing with your opinion as to who had the better season. The team with the better record is not, necessarily, the team with the better season.

You are just rationalizing.

smootness
09-16-2013, 11:12 AM

29.25 to 29.875

Yeah, somehow I messed that up.

Anyway, I thought you were saying that despite being outrecruited according to the recruiting sites, we're beating them on the field. Apparently you weren't even saying we've been outrecruited, so nevermind.

fishwater99
09-16-2013, 11:29 AM

And Freeze is 1-0 vs Mullen....

slickdawg
09-16-2013, 11:30 AM
And Freeze is 1-0 vs Mullen....

Absolutely. It got Chris Wilson fired too.

And I will tell you right now, we will take the egg back in November.

bluelightstar
09-16-2013, 11:32 AM

Doubtful...

PassInterference
09-16-2013, 11:39 AM
The team with the better record is not, necessarily, the team with the better season.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/captcha.gif

fishwater99
09-16-2013, 11:53 AM

I hope you are right, but our team might have quit on Mullen by then and unless Wallace gets hurt we will have trouble stopping them..

Op4isabitch
09-16-2013, 12:48 PM
One thing I will add, IF Dak gets the nod to start the rest of the games that gives us time for the offense to be shaped to fit him a little more between now and the egg bowl. IF that happens I look for us to beat the bears, we have a better Defense and I think with the cohesion we can certainly become more potent on Offense. The questions remain if Mullen can utilize the talent we have correctly and will he get the fire back in his belly.

T-Dogg
09-16-2013, 12:52 PM
I guess Notre Dame had a better season than TAMU, Georgia, Oregon? Also, I guess Ohio State had a better season than Bama?

Coach34
09-16-2013, 12:55 PM
OM played
You are dealing with your opinion as to who had the better season. The team with the better record is not, necessarily, the team with the better season.

That's just stupid

So did we have a better year than them in 2009?

We beat them after all. And we played Houston and Ga Tech...
They played Memphis, SE La, N. Arizona and UAB- that's 2 1-AA they played that season while we played the ACC champ and the Conference USA Runner-up...they beat 1 team with a winning record- just like we did last year

With their schedule, we would have won 8-9 games...so our 2009 season was better than theirs????

Coach34
09-16-2013, 12:57 PM
I guess Notre Dame had a better season than TAMU, Georgia, Oregon?

Yes they did

hacker
09-16-2013, 01:06 PM
I'll never understand why so many of our fans want us to be bad.

Ronny
09-16-2013, 01:07 PM
...to even a 5 year old it is very evident Ole Miss has passed us by leaps & bounds. They are playing inspired, balls-to-the-wall football where it doesn't even occur to them they might lose.

You know: The opposite of our mundane, timid brand of predictable football where everybody is nervous & unsure of their tasks.

You think you can use stats to prove something that we can see with our own eyes?

Ole Miss is kicking ass. If MSU was playing like Ole Miss right now I would send Dan Mullen a dozen roses.

blacklistedbully
09-16-2013, 01:13 PM

Yeah, on D) I forgot to add, "with a winning record". That's what I was originally going to post, then realized it was redundant given point C), and then forgot to just delete it.

E) Ole Miss should have lost to Vandy. I am convinced they got away with a block-in-the-back on the Jeff Scott TD. I also believe the Vandy D stopped playing, assuming Scott was OOB. That's Vandy screwing up, not OM being good, or better than us.

F) UVA's other gaem this year was a 48-point loss to Oregon. Yes, Oregon is very good, but good teams don't lose games by 49. Last year UVA lost 8 games. In the past 5 years UVA has just 1 winning season and has averaged over 7 losses per year. That's in a league much. much softer than ours. UVA is a bad football program.

G), Not dumb, your response is. OM backups should not have lost to one of the worst FCS teams in the nation. It suggests a serious lack of depth. Do you not think SELA pulled their starters and/or adjusted their schemes once they got a huge lead too? And SEAL appears to be another FCS team that just isn't all that good. Think about how bad SE Mizzou has to be to lose 45-0 to another FCS team that would otherwise be winless. Sorry, but is is telling that SE Mizzou was able to go 13-0 versus OM backups. You aren't suggesting the OM back ups just stopped trying for more than an entire half are you? If you are, then that's just stupid. If you aren't, then you should acknowledge that was a bad sign for OM and their depth.

Again, the fact of the matter is the vast majority of sports fans care a great deal about what happens with their biggest rival. They will get exposed, unless their luck continues to run. I'm not "spinning" anything, just making observations in an effort to calm those chicken littles who are declaring us falling way behind. I don't see it. Even last year was a bunch of hyped up BS, as we're the only D1 team with a winning record they beat, and we all know we played far, far below our capabilities, particularly TR & our defense. We have clearly improved on defense, and may just need to fix the play-calling on offense to prove we are still ahead of OM, not falling behind.

Look, if it doesn't matter to you what OM is doing that's fine. If you don't understand how that directly impacts us, that's fine. But for you to suggest that other fans shouldn't care, is just plain, well, stupid, and likely puts you in a small minority that is just dead-wrong on that one.

hacker
09-16-2013, 01:18 PM
If we don't do anything stupid, like fire our coach because of this season, we are going to win 8 or 9 games next year. We're going to win more than Ole Miss does.

Everyone KNEW that this year was going to be rough, and now that it is rough, people are freaking out. We need to get through this season and support the team. Our team is young and in the last year of a QB that doesn't really fit the offense. JWS had some bad seasons too.

While I'm on the topic, I'm sick of people saying Mullen "doesn't care." Not everyone shows emotion the same way you do. Not everyone wears their heart on their sleeve. I guarantee he ****ing cares.

Yes, Ole Miss is going to have a better season than us this year. But we will have a better season than them next year.

MSU better in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014
Ole Miss better in 2013

Chill the **** out.

T-Dogg
09-16-2013, 01:22 PM
Straw man. Show me any independent poll from 2009 that showed MSU being ranked higher than OM.

By your logic, the best thing OM and MSU could ever do is move to the Sunbelt.

hells bells
09-16-2013, 01:24 PM
If we don't do anything stupid, like fire our coach because of this season, we are going to win 8 or 9 games next year. We're going to win more than Ole Miss does.

Everyone KNEW that this year was going to be rough, and now that it is rough, people are freaking out. We need to get through this season and support the team. Our team is young and in the last year of a QB that doesn't really fit the offense. JWS had some bad seasons too.

While I'm on the topic, I'm sick of people saying Mullen "doesn't care." Not everyone shows emotion the same way you do. Not everyone wears their heart on their sleeve. I guarantee he ****ing cares.

Yes, Ole Miss is going to have a better season than us this year. But we will have a better season than them next year.

MSU better in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014
Ole Miss better in 2013

Chill the **** out.

The 2012 recruitment continues to haunt MSU fans and that the result has been immediate for TSUN. The WR and DE are very good and the fact TSUN is the

hells bells
09-16-2013, 01:26 PM
Media darlings is difficult to handle.

T-Dogg
09-16-2013, 01:26 PM
And Auburn had a better season than Oklahoma in 2004? Utah had a better season than Florida in 2008? In 2007 Kansas had a better season than LSU, Georgia, Missouri, Ohio State, and West Virginia? In 2006 Boise State had a better season than Florida, Ohio State, LSU, and USC? I can keep going back if you'd like.

C222
09-16-2013, 01:28 PM
...to even a 5 year old it is very evident Ole Miss has passed us by leaps & bounds. They are playing inspired, balls-to-the-wall football where it doesn't even occur to them they might lose.

I agree Ronny. It's pretty obvious.

fishwater99
09-16-2013, 01:32 PM

Chill the **** out.

After watching our last 5 games what makes you think this? I haven't seen anything to give me any hope...

Coach34
09-16-2013, 01:33 PM
Straw man. Show me any independent poll from 2009 that showed MSU being ranked higher than OM.

By your logic, the best thing OM and MSU could ever do is move to the Sunbelt.

straw man? All I did was use the exact same logic you did to quantify that they had a better season than us last year. Now you are starting to see how dumb that sounds huh?

Show me any poll that had then ahead of us in 2012? Because we were the only Mississippi team to be ranked last year

blacklistedbully
09-16-2013, 01:41 PM
On another note, what is it with you "internet tough guys"? You know who you are, the ones who, unprovoked sling personal insults in their responses. I get it if you're an OM fan, that's often part of the deal, but you MSU fans here doing it are just a joke. Seriously, I imagine you guys as the cowardly types in real life, the ones who routinely handed your lunch-money over to the bully who wasn't himself even a bad-ass, but just knew you were that weak and scared of your own shadow.

Yep, the anonymity of the internet has given you the chance to pretend you aren't still the same limp-wristed loser you've probably always been. For the hours you're on here, you can pretend you're the bully dishing out the abuse you suffered in real life.

For my part, I didn't bully anyone, but stood up to them in real life. I didn't like real bullies back then, and find you "fake bullies" even more disgusting because I know you don't have any real balls. Why not try to stop over-compensating for your tiny dick and just be civilized with your fellow posters unless or until they have started the personal insult BS? Don't you guys get it's an obvious sign of weakness when you don't? It's a cover-up for your lack of self-confidence.

hacker
09-16-2013, 01:42 PM
After watching our last 5 games what makes you think this? I haven't seen anything to give me any hope...

1) The schedule is set up very nicely for us.
2) Our offense is young and with Dak getting a full offseason as the starter, he will be improved. The freshmen WRs will have another year in the system.
3) Our D is young and looks very good. Will only get better. We only lose Skinner and Whitley.

bocfarm
09-16-2013, 01:46 PM
1) The schedule is set up very nicely for us.
2) Our offense is young and with Dak getting a full offseason as the starter, he will be improved. The freshmen WRs will have another year in the system.
3) Our D is young and looks very good. Will only get better. We only lose Skinner and Whitley.

Autry

M.Fillmore
09-16-2013, 01:46 PM
OM got their ass beat by a really good Texas team last year.

You lost me there. Texas was 8-4 last year, same as MSU. Does that mean we were a really good team last year?

engie
09-16-2013, 01:47 PM

So, we are the only team that is going to improve in 2014? Everyone else is going to get worse? In year 2 for Malzahn and Bielema -- year 3 for Freeze where he brings back a ton(and is bringing in a bunch) -- and let us not forget the talent that Mark Stoops is bringing to Lexington.

I've had 2014 circled for a long time -- but my confidence is at an all-time low right now...

2014 and 2015 will be the most talented MSU teams in our lifetimes most likely -- and all the personnel will fit -- but at this point, I'm legitimately concerned that our coaching staff will waste it. Just like they wasted arguably the best schedule of our lifetimes last year...

MadDawg
09-16-2013, 01:48 PM
I realize sagarin isn't a poll but rather a power ranking, but according to his rankings, we weren't even close at the end of 2012:

24 Mississippi A = 80.91 7 6 76.00( 18) 0 4 | 0 6 | 79.97 26 | 81.59 24
25 Vanderbilt A = 80.77 9 4 72.88( 42) 0 3 | 1 4 | 81.53 22 | 79.78 29
26 BYU A = 80.26 8 5 69.48( 63) 0 1 | 1 3 | 77.17 35 | 83.85 17
27 Louisville A = 79.98 11 2 67.71( 70) 1 0 | 1 0 | 83.34 16 | 77.01 42
28 Arizona State A = 79.87 8 5 71.03( 52) 0 1 | 0 2 | 76.58 41 | 83.77 18
29 San Jose State A = 79.87 11 2 65.46( 86) 0 1 | 1 2 | 81.41 23 | 78.20 35
30 Penn State A = 78.83 8 4 70.54( 58) 0 0 | 2 2 | 77.65 31 | 79.78 28
FINAL College Football 2012 through games of 2013 January 7 Monday the BCS uses the ELO_CHESS from here
RATING W L SCHEDL(RANK) VS top 10 | VS top 30 | ELO_CHESS | PREDICTOR
HOME ADVANTAGE=[ 2.84] [ 2.75] [ 3.00]
31 UCLA A = 78.51 9 5 74.06( 33) 0 2 | 2 4 | 77.21 34 | 79.62 30
32 TCU A = 78.39 7 6 76.13( 16) 0 1 | 2 3 | 77.03 37 | 79.56 31
33 Southern California A = 78.32 7 6 76.05( 17) 0 3 | 1 3 | 75.88 46 | 80.87 25
34 Michigan State A = 78.15 7 6 75.25( 26) 0 1 | 1 5 | 78.29 28 | 77.73 37
35 North Dakota State AA = 77.94 14 1 59.14( 135) 0 0 | 0 0 | 76.23 44 | 79.53 32
36 Cincinnati A = 77.81 10 3 66.03( 80) 0 0 | 0 1 | 77.99 29 | 77.35 40
37 Texas Tech A = 77.71 8 5 73.25( 36) 0 1 | 0 5 | 77.16 36 | 77.97 36
38 Syracuse A = 77.61 8 5 72.42( 45) 0 0 | 1 1 | 76.61 40 | 78.37 34
39 Northern Illinois A = 77.33 12 2 61.89( 121) 0 0 | 0 1 | 77.79 30 | 76.59 45
40 Missouri A = 77.14 5 7 81.15( 1) 0 5 | 1 6 | 77.35 33 | 76.64 43
FINAL College Football 2012 through games of 2013 January 7 Monday the BCS uses the ELO_CHESS from here
RATING W L SCHEDL(RANK) VS top 10 | VS top 30 | ELO_CHESS | PREDICTOR
HOME ADVANTAGE=[ 2.84] [ 2.75] [ 3.00]
41 Boise State A = 76.99 11 2 63.27( 115) 0 0 | 1 0 | 76.25 42 | 77.46 39
42 Mississippi State A = 76.80 8 5 71.74( 49) 0 3 | 0 5 | 76.67 39 | 76.62 44

engie
09-16-2013, 01:55 PM
According to Sagarin -- we were 3 spots better in 2012 than we were in 2009 -- 45 to 42. We were #31 in 2011 and obviously alot better in 2010(#15 I think)...

Nicky Santoro
09-16-2013, 01:59 PM
Coach - Vandy was going to beat them. Texas was going to roll them. Now you tell us AU will beat OM. Let me go ahead and start getting some change together for that game.

Come on - quit hoping that they will fall apart and let's be honest about where we are as a program. Not where we should be in year 5. Our D may be talented - but they sure as hell aren't showing it in results on the field. The O is a joke. We have a terrible OL and our WRs have bricks for hands.

I get so tired of the rationalizing. I don't care about the damn bears. We missed our chance to bury them and now we are back to measuring our program against theirs. It's a recipe for disaster.

T-Dogg
09-16-2013, 02:00 PM
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt12.htm

Dannyripms
09-16-2013, 02:00 PM
I hate these guys saying we are gonna be better in 2014 because of schedule. im mean yeah we can win 6-7 games scheduling cupcakes. im not satisfied with that. I want to go to the sec championship game.

Coach34
09-16-2013, 02:07 PM
Coach - Vandy was going to beat them. Texas was going to roll them. Now you tell us AU will beat OM. Let me go ahead and start getting some change together for that game.

Come on - quit hoping that they will fall apart and let's be honest about where we are as a program. Not where we should be in year 5. Our D may be talented - but they sure as hell aren't showing it in results on the field. The O is a joke. We have a terrible OL and our WRs have bricks for hands.

I get so tired of the rationalizing. I don't care about the damn bears. We missed our chance to bury them and now we are back to measuring our program against theirs. It's a recipe for disaster.

I predicted they would be 7-5 this year- and until I see different- I stand by that.

How did we miss our chance to bury them? We beat them 3 ****ing times in a row. We ran their coach off. What did they do?

They hired a good offensive coach and recruiter- who has allowed them to go ALL-IN in regards to recruiting. They were getting those guys last year in recruiting no matter if we had beat them or not. So how exactly did we miss our chance to bury them????

T-Dogg
09-16-2013, 02:09 PM
So the 17 what if MSU had the better team in 2009? MSU whipped OM's ass, but couldn't beat anybody else. State stayed at home, and OM went to a bowl game. What does that have to do with who had the better team in 2012?

MSU won one more game than OM did in 2012. OM won 4 more games than MSU in 2009. MSU whipped OM's ass in one game in 2009, but the two seasons were completely different.

In 2012 OM and MSU had very similar seasons, beating obviously lesser opponents and losing to obviously better ones. Going into the Egg Bowl no one was sure who was better. When it was over, I don't think there was any doubt.

You can't point to the weakest SEC schedule and yell "more wins" without looking at the whole picture.

Coach34
09-16-2013, 02:10 PM
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt12.htm

I'm still waiting for you to answer my question about 2009...it's the same scenario in reverse...did we have a better season in 2009 than they did?

Coach34
09-16-2013, 02:14 PM
So the 17 what if MSU had the better team in 2009? MSU whipped OM's ass, but couldn't beat anybody else. State stayed at home, and OM went to a bowl game. What does that have to do with who had the better team in 2012?

MSU won one more game than OM did in 2012. OM won 4 more games than MSU in 2009. MSU whipped OM's ass in one game in 2009, but the two seasons were completely different.

In 2012 OM and MSU had very similar seasons, beating obviously lesser opponents and losing to obviously better ones. Going into the Egg Bowl no one was sure who was better. When it was over, I don't think there was any doubt.

You can't point to the weakest SEC schedule and yell "more wins" without looking at the whole picture.

2009 for us is the same as 2012 for them...I'm going by your assessment that more wins doesnt mean a better season. Dont get mad when it looks stupid when put to you in reverse. They were 4-4 in the SEC just like we were in 2012....and they went 3-5 in the SEC just like we did in 2009 (you know- that year when we played #1 Florida???)

hacker
09-16-2013, 02:15 PM
So, we are the only team that is going to improve in 2014? Everyone else is going to get worse? In year 2 for Malzahn and Bielema -- year 3 for Freeze where he brings back a ton(and is bringing in a bunch) -- and let us not forget the talent that Mark Stoops is bringing to Lexington.

I've had 2014 circled for a long time -- but my confidence is at an all-time low right now...

2014 and 2015 will be the most talented MSU teams in our lifetimes most likely -- and all the personnel will fit -- but at this point, I'm legitimately concerned that our coaching staff will waste it. Just like they wasted arguably the best schedule of our lifetimes last year...

No, I didn't say that at all. But looking at the fact we only have 12 seniors, 8 of which actually see the field, and looking at schedules, I think we have a better season than Ole Miss. At the least, it'll be a wash.

If we have a bad season next year, then I think it's time to talk about a coaching change.

T-Dogg
09-16-2013, 02:24 PM
Saying that it is the same doesn't make it the same. You've already lost out on the rankings. One more win with a substantially weaker schedule does not make a season better. I'm sorry. It doesn't.

bluelightstar
09-16-2013, 02:25 PM
No, I didn't say that at all. But looking at the fact we only have 12 seniors, 8 of which actually see the field, and looking at schedules, I think we have a better season than Ole Miss. At the least, it'll be a wash.

If we have a bad season next year, then I think it's time to talk about a coaching change.

The way our schedule is set up, that's almost impossible, I'd think.

Coach34
09-16-2013, 02:30 PM
Saying that it is the same doesn't make it the same. You've already lost out on the rankings. One more win with a substantially weaker schedule does not make a season better. I'm sorry. It doesn't.

Lost out on what rankings? Let me know when you post the AP or ESPN rankings

We won more games
We had a better SEC record- we finished HIGHER than them in the conference
We went to a better bowl

Only a moron or a Rebel would say the team that lost more games, finished lower in the conference, and went to a worse bowl had the better season

C222
09-16-2013, 02:32 PM

I promise you Auburn will not beat Ole Miss.

Bear@Work
09-16-2013, 02:40 PM
We are 17'n pathetic. This has been a gut-wrenching argument to read and makes me realize how delusional some of us are that we are still hanging on to some sort of superiority.

I just saw on a bear board that they are 1 point favorites against TAMU. Hate to say it folks but they will crush Auburn, Ark, Missouri, etc and take one from Bama, LSU or TAMU and maybe 2. They've got the offense to be competitive in each game they play and who knows how the football will bounce? I hate this, but 10-2 is pretty realistic for them. 17'n girls basketball coach. 17 that.

C222
09-16-2013, 02:44 PM
We are 17'n pathetic. This has been a gut-wrenching argument to read and makes me realize how delusional some of us are that we are still hanging on to some sort of superiority.

I just saw on a bear board that they are 1 point favorites against TAMU. Hate to say it folks but they will crush Auburn, Ark, Missouri, etc and take one from Bama, LSU or TAMU and maybe 2. They've got the offense to be competitive in each game they play and who knows how the football will bounce? I hate this, but 10-2 is pretty realistic for them. 17'n girls basketball coach. 17 that.

Everyone will realize it eventually.

MarketingBully01
09-16-2013, 02:46 PM
Whatever man, I think I know what will have to happen before people will stop bitching I guess is when we are 4-3 and they are 3-4. Odds are about 80% that happens. I bet Ole Miss goes on a 4 game losing streak right now. They start the gauntlet by playing in Tuscaloosa. You know, where we started our demise last year...

MarketingBully01
09-16-2013, 02:49 PM
You think those idiots have a chance to beat LSU and A&M because they beat a crappy Texas and Vandy team??? Ugh, you and Ole Miss fans are delusional. Oh well, the point will be moot in a few weeks anyway...

Dawgface
09-16-2013, 02:53 PM
I hate this, but 10-2 is pretty realistic for them. 17'n girls basketball coach. 17 that.

Guess it just shows you don't have to have much experience to be a successful football coach. ;)

Bear@Work
09-16-2013, 02:57 PM
So Vegas is wrong? If so, you could put $1000s on Texas A&M +1 at the moment. That turns my stomach.

I don't think that because they beat a crappy Vandy and Texas team. I think that because they have an efficient offense and could put up enough points on anybody to make the game competitive. In a one possession game, a victory for either team is still likely, even if it is improbable. This is where we should be and what CDM promised us.

C222
09-16-2013, 02:57 PM
You think those idiots have a chance to beat LSU and A&M because they beat a crappy Texas and Vandy team??? Ugh, you and Ole Miss fans are delusional. Oh well, the point will be moot in a few weeks anyway...

I think they can beat LSU and A&M, yes. Hell, they almost beat them both last year. I do not think they will beat Bama. I assure you, they are 2-3 TD's better than Auburn.

blacklistedbully
09-16-2013, 02:58 PM

Oh really? Why? Tell what game they've won in the Freeze era that has been against a team near the caliber of Bama, LSU or TAMU? I think AU is a toss-up at best. Sure. OM will move the ball and score, but so will AU.

Ole Miss has shown nothing under Freeze that leads me to believe they have a shot at any of the good teams on their schedule. The best they can claim is far is the win over Vandy, but wouldn't you agree the jury is still out on wheter that is a good win or not? LSU games have been close because Les Miles can be a complete idiot. TAMU was close last year ONLY because OM enjoyed a +4 t/o margin. That's fool's gold stuff, something that Tennessee learned this past Saturday.

Under Freeze Ole Miss has won just one game against a D1 team with a winning record, and it was us last year. We all know last year's record by us was due more to our schedule than our ability. Even still, we had to stink it up about as bad as we could against OM for them to get that "signature win". Looks to me we are just some better play-calling by Dan away from being very good again. Forgive me if I'm not ready to concede defeat as so many of you are.

fishwater99
09-16-2013, 03:02 PM
So Vegas is wrong? If so, you could put $1000s on Texas A&M +1 at the moment. That turns my stomach.

I don't think that because they beat a crappy Vandy and Texas team. I think that because they have an efficient offense and could put up enough points on anybody to make the game competitive. In a one possession game, a victory for either team is still likely, even if it is improbable. This is where we should be and what CDM promised us.

Where are you getting lines for a game 3+ weeks from now?

MadDawg
09-16-2013, 03:07 PM
And when we are 4-3 we will have these games left:
USC - L
TxA&M - L
Alabama - L
Ark - tossup
Bears - tossup
(6-6 best case, 4-8 not out of the Q)

And when they are 3-4, wait, they will be 4-3 with this schedule left:
Idaho - W
Arkansas - tossup
Troy - W
Missouri - W
MSU - tossup
(7-5 worst case 8-4 most likely)

Bear@Work
09-16-2013, 03:07 PM
Ole Miss has shown nothing under Freeze that leads me to believe they have a shot at any of the good teams on their schedule. The best they can claim is far is the win over Vandy, but wouldn't you agree the jury is still out on wheter that is a good win or not? LSU games have been close because Les Miles can be a complete idiot. TAMU was close last year ONLY because OM enjoyed a +4 t/o margin. That's fool's gold stuff, something that Tennessee learned this past Saturday.

You can't be a real person. From what I recall, OM held 4th Q leads against both TAMU and LSU last year and LSU was on the road. Those ended up being Ls but any football fans know that a play or two in the other direction and those could be wins.

We haven't seen anything close to that lately under CDM. On the flip side, they were close to winning those games and could easily pull the W this year, regardless of the teams they have already played this year and the quality. To say they have no chance is to say you have the mental capacity of a grapefruit.

Bear@Work
09-16-2013, 03:09 PM
Was browsing the OM version of SPS and saw a link to some sports book.

T-Dogg
09-16-2013, 03:09 PM
Sagarin is a moron or a Rebel. Got it.

blacklistedbully
09-16-2013, 03:15 PM

So that efficient offense of theirs is the thing that separates them from the pack. I mean, it's not as if the teams they beat also had tons of points put on the by other teams as well. Oh wait, they did.

BYU couldn't put more than 16 points up on a UVA defense that gave up 59 points to Oregon, but they hung 40 on Texas. Yes, Oregon is a better team, but 59 points!

SELA beat SE Mizzou State 45-0!

Vandy? No way OM should have got that last 7 points. At best OM offense earned 32 points, SCar put 35 on them early, then coasted the 4th Q.

Maybe the OM offense will yet prove to be special, but there is just not any substantial evidence out there there proves it isn't as much, or more about how bad the other teams have been. I suspect we are going to discover, starting this week, just how over-rated they are.

C222
09-16-2013, 03:21 PM
So that efficient offense of theirs is the thing that separates them from the pack. I mean, it's not as if the teams they beat also had tons of points put on the by other teams as well. Oh wait, they did.

BYU couldn't put more than 16 points up on a UVA defense that gave up 59 points to Oregon, but they hung 40 on Texas. Yes, Oregon is a better team, but 59 points!

Vandy? No way OM should have got that last 7 points. At best OM offense earned 32 points, SCar put 35 on them early, then coasted the 4th Q.

Maybe the OM offense will yet prove to be special, but there is just not any substantial evidence out there there proves it isn't as much, or more about how bad the other teams have been. I suspect we are going to discover, starting this week, just how over-rated they are.

They are off this weekend but next week, if they lose to Bama, you are going to say they are overrated? Makes sense.

Look, I hate those assholes as much as any of us. Stop trying to come up with excuses as to why you don't think they are a good team. They are well on their way to leaving our asses behind in a major way.

Eric Nies Grind Time
09-16-2013, 03:22 PM
I guess I know what Ole Miss fans were acting like in 2010 and 2011 now.

Eric Nies Grind Time
09-16-2013, 03:23 PM
They are well on their way to leaving our asses behind in a major way.

It doesn't seem like either team can stay on top for long. I have heard about Ole Miss leaving MSU behind and MSU leaving Ole Miss behind back and forth for as long as I can remember. What's different about this time?

MarketingBully01
09-16-2013, 03:24 PM
Nope, all Ole Miss fans would have said we sucked 100% of the time. Our fanbase is the only one who does this shit.

blacklistedbully
09-16-2013, 03:29 PM
You can't be a real person. From what I recall, OM held 4th Q leads against both TAMU and LSU last year and LSU was on the road. Those ended up being Ls but any football fans know that a play or two in the other direction and those could be wins.

We haven't seen anything close to that lately under CDM. On the flip side, they were close to winning those games and could easily pull the W this year, regardless of the teams they have already played this year and the quality. To say they have no chance is to say you have the mental capacity of a grapefruit.

Odds are my "mental capacity" is WELL beyond yours, unless your IQ is something really special. Are you an Einstein?

For the under-informed, a t/o is typically judged to be worth +4 points to the team getting it and -4 for the team giving it. That's what is averages out to. There are exceptions, such as when a t/o occurs after a game is already out-of-reach and the receiving team makes no real attempt to capitalize, but the average is just what I stated. In a head-to-head matchup that means each t/o is worth, on average an 8-point swing. This is especially the case in a game that is close throughout, where each team realizes the need to make good on the opportunity. OM losing to TAMU by 3 in a game in which they enjoyed a +4 is actually a bad thing, not a good thing. It's like being spotted 32 points before the game starts, yet still losing.

The LSU game was a good game, but a rivalry game as well. Even when OM sucks, they often play LSU close. In reality, that same season our game against LSU was very similar in how closely it was played, but one where the score didn't really reflect how tough a game it was. Even LSU fans were on message boards after our game saying as much. Sometimes the score doesn't match the play on the field.

CadaverDawg
09-16-2013, 03:32 PM
I've got to admit....the name "Bear@Work" is funny.

C222
09-16-2013, 03:35 PM
It doesn't seem like either team can stay on top for long. I have heard about Ole Miss leaving MSU behind and MSU leaving Ole Miss behind back and forth for as long as I can remember. What's different about this time?

True. I think the difference could be the way they are recruiting. If they finish with another Top 10 class, we could be in trouble.

blacklistedbully
09-16-2013, 03:58 PM
They are off this weekend but next week, if they lose to Bama, you are going to say they are overrated? Makes sense.

Look, I hate those assholes as much as any of us. Stop trying to come up with excuses as to why you don't think they are a good team. They are well on their way to leaving our asses behind in a major way.

Oh that's in intelligent reply***. So now you want to equate a win over Bama to the wins they have over 1-2 Vandy, 0-2 SE Mizzou and/or 1-2 Texas.

What exactly did I post that would even hint that an OM win over Bama would be met by me with a continued contention that OM is not good? That's right, NOTHING. Unless Bama serves up a ton of t/o's ala TAMU last year, you won't find me doing anything other than giving OM props for the win.

Why don't you try not dismissing my points off-the-cuff as excuses and address my points on their merits?

Is Texas a solid defensive team that just ran into a buzzsaw, or are they just playing really poorly?

Is SE Mizzou not perhaps the worst team in the FCS, with a really, really bad defense and offense that lost to SELA 45-0, or is OM offense special because they put 31 points on a team that is actually good defensively?

Is the 38 points OM got against Vandy special, or is Vandy's defense showing it doesn't take a "special offense" to score that many on them, particularly when they commit a t/o deep inside their own territory in their first possession?

Keep in mind, I'm not saying the suck, or that they're offense is shitty. I'm saying there isn't much evidence to support the contention that OM under Freeze is way ahead. Yes, they are lucky, they always have been. Occasionally they have been pretty good. I'm just not yet convinced they've turned the corner, or improved significantly as some of you suggest. If anything, I do think they're in for a rude awakening, set up by belief in the misguided hype surrounding their program for the above reasons and more.

My thought entering the season was that Vandy, with the lose of Zack Stacy, the new QB, the other personel losses and the fallout from the rape case would be a toss-up at best. That's exactly what it turned out to be. I thought Texas would be their first loss. Who knew Texas would be as bad as they are? The fact that Texas got taken to the woodshed by BYU only supports the idea that it was an anomaly, not proof that OM is good. I certainly never imagined OM would lose to SE Mizzou State, but I did expect them to beat them at least as badly as we beat Alcorn.

So far, the only thing I was wrong about is Texas. Not feeling too bad about that one, and certainly not looking at it as proof I was wrong about OM. Why should I?

ETA, I misread your post, thinking you'd said "if they beat Bama". If they lose a hard-fought, well-played game to Bama, I'll give them credit. If they get blown out, or if they are close only because of some fluke, then I'll remain unconvinced they are good, and will continue to contend they are over-rated and over-hyped. If they lose their next 4, you will possibly agree.

MemphisDawg
09-16-2013, 04:16 PM
Odds are my "mental capacity" is WELL beyond yours, unless your IQ is something really special. Are you an Einstein?

Hahaha all bow to the all and powerful Blacklist. His mighty brain is stronger than all.

How many times are you going to spit the same information out?

Again it doesn't matter. They will lose to Bama. Then everyone here will go on and on with how overrated they were. Ummmm no it doesn't. They should lose to Bama. Auburn is the next key. If they beat auburn then we are in trouble and there is no way you or coach can spin that.

blacklistedbully
09-16-2013, 04:24 PM
Hahaha all bow to the all and powerful Blacklist. His mighty brain is stronger than all.

How many times are you going to spit the same information out?

Again it doesn't matter. They will lose to Bama. Then everyone here will go on and on with how overrated they were. Ummmm no it doesn't. They should lose to Bama. Auburn is the next key. If they beat auburn then we are in trouble and there is no way you or coach can spin that.

I didn't volunteer it until you took your shot at me questioning my intelligence. Now I can't easily prove my IQ on this board, and I can't know or verify yours, but I'll nonetheless tell you here that, in order for you to have a higher IQ than me, you'd have to be considered a genius, or at least borderline-genius. You're free to believe that or not. Anybody fool could make such a bold claim. I figure the folks on here smart enough to know better can probably make an educated guess based on my posts, whether they agree with them or not.

I'm not one to brag, but I am one to defend myself when attacked.

Todd4State
09-16-2013, 04:28 PM
Nope, all Ole Miss fans would have said we sucked 100% of the time. Our fanbase is the only one who does this shit.

That and they were just focused on Tobias Singleton and Nick Brassell and winning the press conference the whole time.

Todd4State
09-16-2013, 04:32 PM

I hate to say it, but the season that Ole Miss is having kind of reminds me of ours in 1999. Being fortunate to play certain teams that are down like Texas, pulling a miracle out of their ass against Vanderbilt. We'll see how the rest of the year plays out.

C222
09-16-2013, 04:33 PM
Keep in mind, I'm not saying the suck, or that they're offense is shitty. I'm saying there isn't much evidence to support the contention that OM under Freeze is way ahead. Yes, they are lucky, they always have been. Occasionally they have been pretty good. I'm just not yet convinced they've turned the corner, or improved significantly as some of you suggest. If anything, I do think they're in for a rude awakening, set up by belief in the misguided hype surrounding their program for the above reasons and more.

How about us getting smoked by them last year. Followed up by a Top 10 recruiting class. Followed up by a 3-0 start. And (currently) a Top 10 recruiting class. Is that enough evidence?

engie
09-16-2013, 04:49 PM
Oh really? Why? Tell what game they've won in the Freeze era that has been against a team near the caliber of Bama, LSU or TAMU? I think AU is a toss-up at best. Sure. OM will move the ball and score, but so will AU.

Under Freeze Ole Miss has won just one game against a D1 team with a winning record, and it was us last year. We all know last year's record by us was due more to our schedule than our ability. Even still, we had to stink it up about as bad as we could against OM for them to get that "signature win". Looks to me we are just some better play-calling by Dan away from being very good again. Forgive me if I'm not ready to concede defeat as so many of you are.

You can spout this crap you want -- but still, at this point, that Texas win is about as big as any win Mullen has had in 4.25 years here. Go ahead and rationalize that away however you want... You can't call our 2010 Florida, Georgia, and Michigan wins signature victories without admitting the same is true for them going INTO Texas and beating the hell out of them in front of 100k people in their home stadium AT NIGHT...

blacklistedbully
09-16-2013, 04:56 PM
How about us getting smoked by them last year. Followed up by a Top 10 recruiting class. Followed up by a 3-0 start. And (currently) a Top 10 recruiting class. Is that enough evidence?

As stated earlier, we sucked balls against them last year, and not just against them. Last year we were also over-hyped and over-rated. Our defense was bad and our play-calling on offense was bad. That's been talked to death. We looked good early last year for the same reasons they do this year, people aren't taking more than a cursory look at the opponents and the way the games were actually played. Way too much emphasis on just W/L. Our defense has made improvements this year. Their defense may actually be worse this year. We shall see if Mullen has learned his lesson on the play-calling. I agree with those who say he was doing well versus Auburn until we got the lead. Makes me think he learned something from last year continued through Ok State.. Now I'm hopeful he learns something from the Auburn stumble. If he does, we just might turn out to be pretty damn good. I'll even go so far as to say that if the play-calling by Dan get's marginally better and remains creative for 4 quarters, we'll have a good chance of knocking off LSU as well as OM, Arky, UK, BG, Troy, and maybe even SCar, who hasn't exactly looked like world-beaters so far. They look like they aren't playing as well as they have the past few years. Again, this depends on if Mullen has realized the error of his ways and makes the obvious adjustments.

Ole Miss cheats at recruiting. This is a surprise to you?

I truly believe we would also be 3-0 versus Vandy, SE Mo & Texas. SE MO & Texas should be obvious, they have been that bad. Can you imagine Texas having to stop Prescott? We'd be AT LEAST 2-1, and I really don't think Vandy is good this year, particularly early with their new QB.

So, no, that was not nearly enough evidence.

blacklistedbully
09-16-2013, 05:07 PM
You can spout this crap you want -- but still, at this point, that Texas win is about as big as any win Mullen has had in 4.25 years here. Go ahead and rationalize that away however you want... You can't call our 2010 Florida, Georgia, and Michigan wins signature victories without admitting the same is true for them going INTO Texas and beating the hell out of them in front of 100k people in their home stadium AT NIGHT...

Are you serious? How can you possibly equate Texas to any of the 2010 teams you mentioned? Those teams may have been weaker than usual, but were still good football teams who beat some good teams and lost some close ones to good teams. Texas has been blown out in 2 of their 3 games, and the only win is against 0-3 New Mexico State (A team blown out by Minnesota & UTEP). 2010 UF, UGA & Michigan weren't the world-beaters they usually are, but all 3 were solid. Texas is just plain bad.

Nicky Santoro
09-16-2013, 05:29 PM
2010 UF, UGA & Michigan weren't the world-beaters they usually are, but all 3 were solid. Texas is just plain bad.

come on - it's week 3. UT has looked bad - but they will win 6 games this year - same as UGA (WHO LOST TO A CUSA TEAM IN THEIR BOWL GAME) UF won 7 games plus a bowl and Michigan won 7 and fired their coach.

Dude - you're hurting your own argument.

blacklistedbully
09-16-2013, 08:43 PM
come on - it's week 3. UT has looked bad - but they will win 6 games this year - same as UGA (WHO LOST TO A CUSA TEAM IN THEIR BOWL GAME) UF won 7 games plus a bowl and Michigan won 7 and fired their coach.

Dude - you're hurting your own argument.

Would you feel better if I said it's wrong to compare UT to 2010 UF, UGA & Michigan at this time? That makes a helluva lot more sense than saying they are the same right now. None of the 2010 teams were in the disarray UT is at the 3rd game. Michigan's only similar loss was to us in the Gator Bowl, so it's already too late for UT to be compared to them. UF lost to ranked teams, and lost 2 games by a total of 7 points. UGA lost 6 of their 7 losses by a total of 39 points. 4 of their 6 regular season losses were by 1 TD or less. The CUSA team that beat them was a solid, ranked UCF in their bowl game, so let's not pretend UT's 2 defeats this year are somehow comparable, even if they manage to win a few later this year. And there's a better chance now of UT getting their ass whipped bad another 3-5 times this year.

Radddawg
09-16-2013, 08:58 PM

2014 and 2015 will be the most talented MSU teams in our lifetimes most likely -- and all the personnel will fit -- ...

Me too

Unfortunately , it doesn't look like that talent will be able to compete with the Alabamas, LSUs and Floridas of the world.

MadDawg
09-17-2013, 08:23 AM
Some folks are trying way too damn hard to try and convince themselfves the bears suck. Waaaaaaaaaaaaay too hard.

C222
09-17-2013, 08:33 AM
Some folks are trying way too damn hard to try and convince themselfves the bears suck. Waaaaaaaaaaaaay too hard.

It's hilarious. It started out that "Ole Miss will start 1-6. No better than 2-5!" Now it's "They haven't beaten anyone! They cheat in recruiting!" So funny. Just accept the fact they are leaving us behind and let's figure out how to stop it.

engie
09-17-2013, 08:46 AM

Yep. Not even arguing with blacklisted about it. He totally lost me when he tried to tell me that beating the dog shit out of Texas in Austin at night is no big deal. The hypocrisy is funny though.

SignalToNoise
09-17-2013, 09:03 AM

Wish I knew what inspired the change in attitude. Everyone was talking about last year was just a perfect storm with way their season ended and it wouldn't last. I posted in a few threads saying I thought they picked up a lot of momentum and were on the upswing, and then I was thoroughly raked through the coals by almost every poster on this board.

bocfarm
09-17-2013, 09:10 AM
Where did all you OM apologist come from, I thought I was on my own***

engie
09-17-2013, 09:43 AM
Winning at Texas is a huge deal -- regardless of Texas being "down" or whatever...

There are a ton of similarities between Freeze's first 2 years and Mullen's first 2 years. A ton really.

I just wish we had parlayed it to the recruiting success that Freeze did...

bocfarm
09-17-2013, 09:49 AM
OM's offense keeps them in games (See LSU & A&M last yr), they will score on Bama and I think that game is fairly close...closer than last yr. Bama's defense isn't near as good as last few yrs.

blacklistedbully
09-17-2013, 10:04 AM
Yep. Not even arguing with blacklisted about it. He totally lost me when he tried to tell me that beating the dog shit out of Texas in Austin at night is no big deal. The hypocrisy is funny though.

Now, since you can't win on the merits you're gonna claim I said shit I didn't. You sure you're not an Ole Miss alum?

What I actually said was Texas sucks this year and that it is wrong at this time to say that their win over over Texas is as good as our 2010 wins over UF, UGA & Michigan. Now that claim is so ridiculous I can't believe anyone would post it. Talk about a loss of credibility. Hell, there are even Ole Miss posters on other boards who realize how silly that is. But hey, we've got us an MSU fan here ready to drop to his knees for Hugh Freeze and the Black Bears.

I made a point about last year's MSU being the ONLY win they have against a D1 program with a winning record under Freeze, and you can't counter that in your rush to suck their collective cocks. How about this little jewel, starting with the 2010 season the only wins they have versus D1 teams with a winning record are us last year and Fresno State in 2010. That's it! Yes, they said it about us last year, and guess what, they were right! We had just 1. Wanna look at humbling/humiliating losses, well they've got about 15. So please, do wipe the jizz off your face & explain exactly why we should be as impressed with OM as you are?

C222, if you think the level of Texas suckage is not completely surprising, then you go ahead and gloat about me being wrong on the 2-5 start. I still believe they're about to hit the skids. The only thing that I'll have been wrong about is Texas. I'm fine with that, given their historic collapse.

As far as "trying hard to prove they are over-hyped", it's not hard at all. All one must do is look at their record and consider who they are beating and how. MSU fans should understand this better than most, given our experience last year. 7-0 and some of our fans were crowing and talking "NC contender". The more level-headed had concerns, allayed only by our belief that our coaches were just playing it conservative against the weaker teams so as not to show much to our upcoming opponents. We were wrong. We really were just that bad.

I might be tempted to acknowledge OM has passed us if we continued what we did last year, but it's already clear we haven't on defense, and there are finally signs that Mullen is going to make the necessary changes to our play-calling, and give Dak the opportunity to earn playing time. It really could be as simple as Dan learning that final lesson of "keeping the pedal to the metal" to get us back on track. I fully expect us to kick Ole Miss' ass this year. That's something you can legitimately quote me on.

engie
09-17-2013, 10:26 AM
First of all -- **** you for painting me into this corner -- and making me take THIS stand in order to argue your ignorant ass thread.

Now, since you can't win on the merits you're gonna claim I said shit I didn't. You sure you're not an Ole Miss alum?
Good one! Really got me there** Some of us just see the forest for the trees.

What I actually said was Texas sucks this year and that it is wrong at this time to say that their win over over Texas is as good as our 2010 wins over UF, UGA & Michigan. Now that claim is so ridiculous I can't believe anyone would post it. Talk about a loss of credibility. Hell, there are even Ole Miss posters on other boards who realize how silly that is. But hey, we've got us an MSU fan here ready to drop to his knees for Hugh Freeze and the Black Bears.
Seriously, just shut the **** up. Your initial post was stupid as shit -- and everything you've said since has been as well. "A loss of credibility"? You've got to have it to lose it -- and you've got none. Keep grasping at straws though. The ONLY win we had in 2010 that you could argue as better than THIS OM Texas win was the Florida game. Sorry -- it's a fact.

But then again -- I guess you would tell me that Jackie's 2 wins over Texas weren't signature wins either -- since they eventually didn't go bowling those two years? Hypocrisy abounds.

I made a point about last year's MSU being the ONLY win they have against a D1 program with a winning record under Freeze, and you can't counter that in your rush to suck their collective cocks.How about this little jewel, starting with the 2010 season the only wins they have versus D1 teams with a winning record are us last year and Fresno State in 2010. That's it! Yes, they said it about us last year, and guess what, they were right! We had just 1. Wanna look at humbling/humiliating losses, well they've got about 15. So please, do wipe the jizz off your face & explain exactly why we should be as impressed with OM as you are?
Keep being a moron. We know you won't let us down**

C222, if you think the level of Texas suckage is not completely surprising, then you go ahead and gloat about me being wrong on the 2-5 start. I still believe they're about to hit the skids. The only thing that I'll have been wrong about is Texas. I'm fine with that, given their historic collapse.
You are blind.

As far as "trying hard to prove they are over-hyped", it's not hard at all. All one must do is look at their record and consider who they are beating and how. MSU fans should understand this better than most, given our experience last year. 7-0 and some of our fans were crowing and talking "NC contender". The more level-headed had concerns, allayed only by our belief that our coaches were just playing it conservative against the weaker teams so as not to show much to our upcoming opponents. We were wrong. We really were just that bad.
And they SHOULD have beaten LSU, aTm, and Vandy LAST YEAR to finish 9-3. While you are "looking at records", some of us were actually watching games -- with the ability to adequately evaluate what we are seeing(all this -- prior to the big ass talent upgrade they got in recruiting this year).

I might be tempted to acknowledge OM has passed us if we continued what we did last year, but it's already clear we haven't on defense, and there are finally signs that Mullen is going to make the necessary changes to our play-calling, and give Dak the opportunity to earn playing time. It really could be as simple as Dan learning that final lesson of "keeping the pedal to the metal" to get us back on track. I fully expect us to kick Ole Miss' ass this year. That's something you can legitimately quote me on.
And we all hope like hell you are right about this part.

C222
09-17-2013, 10:55 AM

I made a point about last year's MSU being the ONLY win they have against a D1 program with a winning record under Freeze, and you can't counter that in your rush to suck their collective cocks. How about this little jewel, starting with the 2010 season the only wins they have versus D1 teams with a winning record are us last year and Fresno State in 2010. That's it! Yes, they said it about us last year, and guess what, they were right! We had just 1. Wanna look at humbling/humiliating losses, well they've got about 15. So please, do wipe the jizz off your face & explain exactly why we should be as impressed with OM as you are?

Yeah, that Michigan team we beat was awesome.

Why are you going back to 2011? We are talking about ever since Freeze stepped on campus, they have kicked our ass in everything. Did you watch any of their games last year? Did you not see how much they improved? Like engie said, they were a few plays away from being 9-3. They parlayed that with a Top 10 class and are currently #9 in the country in recruiting. Now they are 3-0.

What will be your excuse when they finish 9-3 or 10-2 have another Top 10 class?

blacklistedbully
09-17-2013, 03:05 PM
engie, you're an ignorant, intolerant ****ing *****. The internet was a god-send for limp-wristed,. small dick pussies like you, cause you get to act all badass without the threat of getting your ass handed to you in person.

Nothing you have said, NOTHING competently counters any of the points I made. It's just you with your shrill, pathetic, name-calling rants thinking if you out-curse and out-insult someone, you'll win the debate. Maybe that impresses the other dumbshits, but everyone with half-a-brain can see you're all bark and no bite. Once again you're inadequate to the task of taking my points on intelligently.

"Shut the **** up!" "Keep being a moron" "stupid as shit" "You are blind" - engie's failed, childish attempt at countering. Your display of intellect is astounding***

Dude, you're a clown. Thanks for enticing me to stoop to your level again.

Anybody who claims a Texas team who has, in 3 games suffered 2 blowout losses to at best mediocre teams is as good today as UF, UGA & Michigan in 2010 is just beyond the reach of reason. It's almost funny how adamant you are about this point, considering how absolutely ridiculous it is. I doubt you'd even find a handful of Texas fans who would argue that absurd suggestion.

Again, thank you for the opportunity to get down in the pigsty of your brain on this thread. Every once in a while it does feel good to tell an ignoramus he is one, even if it does mean I have to go slumming to do it.

Coach34
09-17-2013, 03:26 PM
ok boys....stop with the name-calling and argue with facts

Nicky Santoro
09-17-2013, 03:35 PM
engie, you're an ignorant, intolerant ****ing *****. The internet was a god-send for limp-wristed,. small dick pussies like you, cause you get to act all badass without the threat of getting your ass handed to you in person.

Nothing you have said, NOTHING competently counters any of the points I made. It's just you with your shrill, pathetic, name-calling rants thinking if you out-curse and out-insult someone, you'll win the debate. Maybe that impresses the other dumbshits, but everyone with half-a-brain can see you're all bark and no bite. Once again you're inadequate to the task of taking my points on intelligently.

"Shut the **** up!" "Keep being a moron" "stupid as shit" "You are blind" - engie's failed, childish attempt at countering. Your display of intellect is astounding***

Anybody who claims a Texas team who has, in 3 games suffered 2 blowout losses to at best mediocre teams is as good today as UF, UGA & Michigan in 2010 is just beyond the reach of reason. It's almost funny how adamant you are about this point, considering how absolutely ridiculous it is. I doubt you'd even find a handful of Texas fans who would argue that absurd suggestion.

Again, thank you for the opportunity to get down in the pigsty of your brain on this thread. Every once in a while it does feel good to tell an ignoramus he is one, even if it does mean I have to go slumming to do it.

Ummm...yeah - this quote screams genius. Keep it up

engie
09-17-2013, 04:59 PM
Lulz. You're the one talking shit behind a keyboard when everyone here thinks you are an idiot.

Nothing you have said, NOTHING competently counters any of the points I made.
No counter needed to incoherent, stupidly spun bullshit.

It's just you with your shrill, pathetic, name-calling rants thinking if you out-curse and out-insult someone, you'll win the debate.
Yet you are the one that started 100% of the personal bullshit.

Maybe that impresses the other dumbshits, but everyone with half-a-brain can see you're all bark and no bite.
You are welcome to find out whenever your heart desires, bad ass...

Once again you're inadequate to the task of taking my points on intelligently.
Intelligent points require intelligent responses. You haven't given me any of either.

Yet you are the one trying to start the e-fight and called my counterpoint moronic before the "*****, fellating Hugh Freeze" bullshit.

You are welcome.

Anybody who claims a Texas team who has, in 3 games suffered 2 blowout losses to at best mediocre teams is as good today as UF, UGA & Michigan in 2010 is just beyond the reach of reason.
You just remember Texas worse and the other teams better than they were. No surprise. What's surprising is that you think it's idiotic and start namecalling when EVERYONE else refuses to follow your lead.

It's almost funny how adamant you are about this point, considering how absolutely ridiculous it is. I doubt you'd even find a handful of Texas fans who would argue that absurd suggestion.
Blah, blah, blah...

Again, hilarious...

I know that it's unavoidable for you to be a moron -- but it would be great for you to try not also being a hypocrite for 5 minutes...

Coach34
09-17-2013, 05:02 PM
And that will conclude this week's version of "Little Brother- where art thou???"