PDA

View Full Version : OK Braves fans

parabrave
07-05-2017, 10:47 AM
Well since we saw a real BB team last nite, the Astros, what are your thoughts now? Mine DS needs to go back to AAA. See if Adams can play 3rd and move Freddy back to 1st. Carmago was actually playing pretty good there. Heck we can use Adams as trade Bait for a non TJ pitcher. And like I have posted earlier we need better all around pitching. There is only one pitcher that can be counted on and thats Folty.

smootness
07-05-2017, 10:51 AM
Well since we saw a real BB team last nite, the Astros, what are your thoughts now? Mine DS needs to go back to AAA. See if Adams can play 3rd and move Freddy back to 1st. Carmago was actually playing pretty good there. Heck we can use Adams as trade Bait for a non TJ pitcher. And like I have posted earlier we need better all around pitching. There is only one pitcher that can be counted on and thats Folty.

Who do you mean by DS? I'm hoping Santana?

I agree on Freeman back to 1st, and we need to be looking to trade Adams ASAP. His value will continue to slide as he comes back down to earth. Even if you don't get much, it's worth it.

parabrave
07-05-2017, 11:05 AM
Who do you mean by DS? I'm hoping Santana?

I agree on Freeman back to 1st, and we need to be looking to trade Adams ASAP. His value will continue to slide as he comes back down to earth. Even if you don't get much, it's worth it.

Nope a short scruffy looking player who can;t hit over 230.

Irondawg
07-05-2017, 11:11 AM
Adams is no more an option at 3b than I am. I'd shop him but freeman has been injury prone and Adams could play some of in a pinch so he's certainly worth keeping around if you don't get a decent return on him

louisvilledawg
07-05-2017, 11:11 AM
hot taek: Ozzie Albies is better

parabrave
07-05-2017, 11:20 AM
Adams is no more an option at 3b than I am. I'd shop him but freeman has been injury prone and Adams could play some of in a pinch so he's certainly worth keeping around if you don't get a decent return on him

Yep your right. I think Carmago was doing a great job both defensively and offensively.

MetEdDawg
07-05-2017, 11:21 AM
I'm not concerned yet. Interested to see how the team responds tonight. The games that matter are against the Nats. I expected us to lose both to Houston. But if we take 3/4 against the Nats then we've still got a chance.

But if we go 1-5 or 2-4 over these 6 games it's probably over for us. As long as we stay at .500 through this stretch I think we can be buyers and sellers and improve this team. My guess is Adams goes regardless. Phillips probably goes too with the expectation Albeis comes up.

parabrave
07-05-2017, 11:25 AM
Speaking about the Astros is the reason that they are good now is because they started stocking all that young talent, took their bumps for 4 years and are now set for a few more years. They have a great front office and ownership. 2 things the Braves don't.

smootness
07-05-2017, 11:42 AM
Nope a short scruffy looking player who can;t hit over 230.

You want to send Dansby down now after he just OPS'd near .800 in June, and has improved every month this year? Why?

smootness
07-05-2017, 11:45 AM
Adams is no more an option at 3b than I am.

Neither is Freeman.

smootness
07-05-2017, 11:46 AM
Speaking about the Astros is the reason that they are good now is because they started stocking all that young talent, took their bumps for 4 years and are now set for a few more years. They have a great front office and ownership. 2 things the Braves don't.

They have a great FO because they stockpiled young talent...but the Braves, who are doing the same thing, don't?

MetEdDawg
07-05-2017, 12:15 PM

This doesn't make sense. The Braves have a ton of talent in the minors. I think we are now considered to be the best farm system in baseball. So how does that lead to a bad front office?

parabrave
07-05-2017, 12:25 PM
Because we will trade the away to get a bunch of over the hill pitchers who are coming off TJ. Or a high priced outfielder who as a brother or a 2nd baseman who only did good against the braves. Terry McQuirk just can't help himself. Remember they have to win big next year. They are shopping, which is not a good sign for our minor leaguers. I wished someone would've bought back the team a few years ago.

MetEdDawg
07-05-2017, 12:37 PM
Because we will trade the away to get a bunch of over the hill pitchers who are coming off TJ. Or a high priced outfielder who as a brother or a 2nd baseman who only did good against the braves. Terry McQuirk just can't help himself. Remember they have to win big next year. They are shopping, which is not a good sign for our minor leaguers. I wished someone would've bought back the team a few years ago.

Good teams have to do some shopping. You can build from the minors and we are to some degree, but you have to go out and make acquisitions. If we weren't looking for a top of the line SP I would be pissed. We don't have one for next year. Got a lot of promise and unknowns, but no top of the line starter right now. We need one, and with the depth we have in starting pitching coming down the pipeline, I'm ok giving up a few if we can get a SP with multiple years of control.

smootness
07-05-2017, 12:50 PM

What are you talking about? Name a good prospect we've traded in the last 2-3 years, since we started the rebuild.

And lulz on Terry McGuirk having anything to do with personnel decisions.

BrunswickDawg
07-05-2017, 12:59 PM

You have Frank Wren induced PTSD. Wren, and even Schurholtz late in his career as GM, made some stupid, stupid trade. Wren has been gone almost 3 years now. Coppy and Schurholtz have committed to building the organization the way it should be - from the farm. I can't think of a bad trade Coppy has made. Now, his FA signings (Dickey, Colon, Phillips, Suzuki) leave me scratching my head a bit.

msstate7
07-05-2017, 01:07 PM
I just want us to trade Phillips and Garcia bc I wanna see Albies and one of wisler/Blair/sims the rest of the season. I don't wanna give Adams away. I'd rather use him as a bench player. It'd be really sweet if someone would take either Markakis or kemp.

parabrave
07-05-2017, 01:36 PM
I can't remember but did we trade Simmons or not resign him? I would like to see Adams kept as a bench player also. But if some team wants him at least we can get someone of value for him.

shoeless joe
07-05-2017, 02:55 PM
Good grief...that was one game. Against one of the best teams in the game. This is way worse than an over reaction to a college football game. This stretch they're in may answer a few questions but a one or two week stretch doesn't make or break any MLB season.

I'd stick with freeman at 3rd for a couple weeks and see how it goes. If not spectacular i wouldn't mind him moving back across the field.

Some folks ain't got a damn clue.

msstate7
07-05-2017, 03:13 PM
Good grief...that was one game. Against one of the best teams in the game. This is way worse than an over reaction to a college football game. This stretch they're in may answer a few questions but a one or two week stretch doesn't make or break any MLB season.

I'd stick with freeman at 3rd for a couple weeks and see how it goes. If not spectacular i wouldn't mind him moving back across the field.

Some folks ain't got a damn clue.

SRod has to factor in too. Last year, he OPS at .859. I think him at 3b and FF at 1b is better than FF at 3b and Adams at 1b. SRod currently playing in MiLB, so surely he'll be ready before too long

MetEdDawg
07-08-2017, 06:12 PM
Anybody feeling any different after this series with the Nats so far? Should be 3-0 if Johnson could do his job. But should be 2-1 against them after today with a chance to go 3-1 and gain 2 games on them.

Anyone really think this team can't compete in this division or for the wild card? 7.5 seems like a long way off, but I'm not convinced this Nats team can hold on easily. Their bullpen is a nightmare and they've only got 4 hitters you worry about. We improve the bullpen and get a starter and I think we can be competitive enough down the stretch to make something out of the end of the year.

Liverpooldawg
07-08-2017, 06:24 PM
Anybody feeling any different after this series with the Nats so far? Should be 3-0 if Johnson could do his job. But should be 2-1 against them after today with a chance to go 3-1 and gain 2 games on them.

Anyone really think this team can't compete in this division or for the wild card? 7.5 seems like a long way off, but I'm not convinced this Nats team can hold on easily. Their bullpen is a nightmare and they've only got 4 hitters you worry about. We improve the bullpen and get a starter and I think we can be competitive enough down the stretch to make something out of the end of the year.

They don't have the pitching.

MetEdDawg
07-08-2017, 06:28 PM
They don't have the pitching.

I like Teheran, Newcomb, Folty. Dickey has done well enough. Should have gotten the win last night. We need to dump Garcia and get Sonny Gray. That takes us to a different level I think and makes us competitive enough.

Liverpooldawg
07-08-2017, 06:31 PM
I like Teheran, Newcomb, Folty. Dickey has done well enough. Should have gotten the win last night. We need to dump Garcia and get Sonny Gray. That takes us to a different level I think and makes us competitive enough.

I like where they are headed but they are still a year or two away. I still let my son have it every time I watch a game. He got me started back watching MLB and it had to be the dang Braves.

msstate7
07-08-2017, 09:43 PM

I don't think we can catch them. I just hope the Nats have to sell all their best prospects to fix the pen

BoomBoom
07-08-2017, 09:47 PM

The farm is more built right now towards peaking in 2019. Stay the course. the "ace" options on the market suck, stay away. this 2017 team had a shot, but injuries took that away. accept it and make the best choice for moving forward. we've got 4 guys tearing up AA/AAA........but not a one is over 20. don't rush them just out of impatience. take what we can get at the trade deadline, make a couple September callups, and look for good deals in the offseason. that's our play.

2018 rotation:
Teheran
Folty
Dickey
Newcomb
Wisler/Blair/Sims

Albies playing full time, Acuna taking Markakis' place 2nd half of 2018, SRod playing 3B, Carmago as Utility, Aj Minter in the pen.........that's a good team that can only get better. play for that.

MaroonFlounder
07-08-2017, 10:59 PM
Tehran can't seem to get a W at the new ballpark, can he? I have missed his last couple of starts, been on vacation.

dawgs
07-08-2017, 11:15 PM
Good teams have to do some shopping. You can build from the minors and we are to some degree, but you have to go out and make acquisitions. If we weren't looking for a top of the line SP I would be pissed. We don't have one for next year. Got a lot of promise and unknowns, but no top of the line starter right now. We need one, and with the depth we have in starting pitching coming down the pipeline, I'm ok giving up a few if we can get a SP with multiple years of control.

As a nats fan, I totally endorse this move. Please go spend a couple of prospects for 2-3 years of a SP who will maybe pitch 1 season for the braves when they are ready to win before he hits free agency.

dawgs
07-08-2017, 11:20 PM

Um, nats have one of the deeper and best lineups in baseball, especially once turner is back for the stretch run and werth gets back. Michael taylor seems to finally be putting it all together and has pretty much made the loss of eaton negligible. What NL lineup is strong than the nats top to bottom?

Turner
Rendon
Harper
Zimmerman
Murphy
Werth
Taylor
Weiters

That's pretty damn solid. If the Cubs were performing, they'd probably have a tougher lineup, but they aren't, and you are underselling the nats. Shit, most teams would kill to "only" have 4 hitters you have to worry about.

parabrave
07-09-2017, 08:20 AM
It seems the Braves have the Nats number this year plus the Nats have a worse BP than the Braves have. I do like that Snikter is playing Camargo at SS. It seems to be sacrilege here and and Atlanta but Swanson needs more time to develop and Camargo is a better player.

Tbonewannabe
07-09-2017, 09:33 AM
The farm is more built right now towards peaking in 2019. Stay the course. the "ace" options on the market suck, stay away. this 2017 team had a shot, but injuries took that away. accept it and make the best choice for moving forward. we've got 4 guys tearing up AA/AAA........but not a one is over 20. don't rush them just out of impatience. take what we can get at the trade deadline, make a couple September callups, and look for good deals in the offseason. that's our play.

2018 rotation:
Teheran
Folty
Dickey
Newcomb
Wisler/Blair/Sims

Albies playing full time, Acuna taking Markakis' place 2nd half of 2018, SRod playing 3B, Carmago as Utility, Aj Minter in the pen.........that's a good team that can only get better. play for that.

I hope you have connections in the front office because staying the course is the right move. I will be pissed if we trade pieces for 2019 to just try to make the wildcard this year.

dawgs
07-09-2017, 10:40 AM
Nats' bullpen is a disaster, but the bullpen is the easiest cheap fix at the deadline. Trade some middling prospects for good relievers. The nats don't need to get Andrew miller or chapman types to fix the problem, a couple of pat neshek and David Robertson types would come a lot cheaper and do the job just fine. What's the most frustrating thing with the nats' bullpen, is most of these guys have been pretty good relievers prior to this season.

parabrave
07-09-2017, 11:23 AM
Speaking of Camargo playing second and batting second today. Scruffy at SS again.

BoomBoom
07-09-2017, 12:24 PM
Speaking of Camargo playing second and batting second today. Scruffy at SS again.

he had a bad April. he had a 775 OPS in June. that's how it goes with rookies. he's gonna be a good one.

parabrave
07-09-2017, 12:59 PM
Carmago gonna be a stud both offensively and def. Next year having Acuna in RF, Albies either at SS or 2nd and Carmago at third gonna be a great young future. Just need that pitching.

msstate7
07-09-2017, 01:01 PM
he had a bad April. he had a 775 OPS in June. that's how it goes with rookies. he's gonna be a good one.

Hope so. Still a little suspicious...

'14 (A and A+) = .639 ops
'15 (A+) = .650 ops
'16 (AA) = .683 ops
'17 (AAA) = .853 ops
'17 (MLB) = .766 ops

What happened this year that made him so much better? I really like the kid and want to believe, but I got burnt buying into Jace 2 years ago when he had a great start

BoomBoom
07-09-2017, 01:10 PM
Hope so. Still a little suspicious...

'14 (A and A+) = .639 ops
'15 (A+) = .650 ops
'16 (AA) = .683 ops
'17 (AAA) = .853 ops
'17 (MLB) = .766 ops

What happened this year that made him so much better? I really like the kid and want to believe, but I got burnt buying into Jace 2 years ago when he had a great start

i was talking about Dansby, not Carmago. yeah, Carmago is probably playing over his true talent level.

msstate7
07-09-2017, 01:17 PM
i was talking about Dansby, not Carmago. yeah, Carmago is probably playing over his true talent level.

My bad

BoomBoom
07-09-2017, 01:23 PM
My bad

could be mine, i assumed "Scruffy" was Dansby.

NeshobaChuck
07-09-2017, 02:11 PM
Think it's time to deal Teheran just my opinion he can't win at home to save his life but is great on the road just think it's time to part ways and see what we can get out of it

NeshobaChuck
07-09-2017, 02:13 PM
And call us Wisler/Blair/Sims pending what you get for Teheran

parabrave
07-09-2017, 03:30 PM
Yep scruff just did his best dorn impression I swear he had his eyes closed on Flowers throw.