PDA

View Full Version : OT- lost job

Barking 13
07-04-2017, 06:23 PM
due to "restructuring" I am now looking for a job. If anybody knows of anything in the Golden Triangle, PM me.

Thanks!

HereComesTheSpiral
07-04-2017, 06:29 PM
Might help to let people know what you do.

tireddawg
07-04-2017, 06:41 PM
Sell cars. That's what I did and it paid off. I was gonna do it temporarily until something come available, but I enjoy it and the money is good. I got job offers and chose to stick with selling cars. Anybody need a new ride?

craigmid
07-04-2017, 06:52 PM
How about Cannon Motors.
We could use someone on the inside.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
07-04-2017, 11:14 PM
Wish I knew of something friend. I know how stressful this can be. Will pray for you and your family that a door opens for you. Stay strong...

fader2103
07-05-2017, 09:42 AM
I don't know if your a student or not, but I delivered pizza (not many tips unless it was to an actual family), worked at a hotel, worked at the lodge while I was a student up there, anything to make ends meat.

Bully13
07-05-2017, 10:06 AM
setting up and utilizing a Linked in account couldn't hurt, been thru the same stuff lately. best of luck sir.

Coach34
07-05-2017, 11:01 AM
Can you coach OL?

SailingDawg
07-05-2017, 02:13 PM
Sell cars. That's what I did and it paid off. I was gonna do it temporarily until something come available, but I enjoy it and the money is good. I got job offers and chose to stick with selling cars. Anybody need a new ride?

I don't know if you're mobile, but I got out of Columbus years ago and there's a bigger world out there.

Lord McBuckethead
07-05-2017, 03:21 PM
What is it you do?

Maroon Wizardry
07-05-2017, 06:43 PM
Take the long view... from a industry wide market perspective the loan to value ratio on used cars is terrible almost as bad as student loan debt. The stock market is overdue for a correction. People will lose jobs. Margins are getting thinner. Less cars will be bought/sold as people drive them until the wheels fall off and then they start riding a bike. My personal advice would be to look for another industry. If you are good at sales there are plenty of other industries you can work in if you know how to write a resume and get it out there. You should probably be open to moving or being on the road in an outside sales role. I'm just telling you what our financial analysts are telling me... when it corrects they are saying the auto industry will get crushed.

Spiderman
07-05-2017, 10:11 PM
Can you coach OL?

Hahaha

NCDawg
07-06-2017, 02:35 PM
Hahaha

We can laugh about coaching the OL, but it really isn't a joke. Every year it's the same problem with the OL, and Mullen will do nothing to fix the problem. A lot of us complain, but it falls on deaf ears.

bulldawg28
07-06-2017, 03:48 PM
We can laugh about coaching the OL, but it really isn't a joke. Every year it's the same problem with the OL, and Mullen will do nothing to fix the problem. A lot of us complain, but it falls on deaf ears.

He's actually not talking about Hevesy

gordonbombay
07-06-2017, 03:49 PM
Pretty sure you missed the joke, bruh

Barking 13
07-07-2017, 10:07 AM
in response to all of the above:
No I can't coach OL... lol
I was a Technical Sales Manager for three years and corporate greed got me to where I am now. I covered from the GA line to Mexico.. Tired of travel anyway.
I have a varied skillset. Sales, Supply chain, Purchasing, all the way down to machinist. Heavy Technical background. Large equipment.
I have been on Linkdin for years. Resumes passed out like candy. Indeed and Ziprecruiter suck.
I do not wish to relocate. I know there is a bigger world out there, but I have made my place in the country that I plan to be at till the end.

I'm open to pretty much anything that can make a house payment and put some groceries on the table.

Lord McBuckethead
07-07-2017, 01:33 PM
Do you know anything about construction? I bet Weathers Construction or West Brothers will hire someone right now. Both are pretty busy.

Tbonewannabe
07-07-2017, 01:43 PM
Might want to check out if the Pony needs any bartenders or bouncers. I would think there are several perks with those jobs.

SailingDawg
07-07-2017, 11:21 PM
Taylor Machine?

HereComesTheSpiral
07-08-2017, 10:10 AM
Glenn Machine Works, Lavender, or Burkhalter might be some good stops.

starkvegasdawg
07-08-2017, 10:47 AM
There will be a D1 team looking for a head coach this fall.