PDA

View Full Version : Hud: The question

Will James
09-15-2013, 10:47 PM
Is Mullen doing anything that Hud would not be able to to here?

We are not even competitive against the good teams. 2-8 in our last 10. Now we are losing to a BAD Aubie team with a DB at QB. And making him look like a damn stud.

Could Hud manage to get blasted in every big game? Could Hud lose to Auburn as well? Why oh why are we happy with this?

Beating the teams we are supposed to beat is ok FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS. Now we can't even use that line because Auburn sucks. Don't even bring up 8 wins last year, please just ****ing don't. If you do, please tell me that Hud would not have won those 8. You can't. It wasn't an accomplishment, it was inevitable. Look at our embarrassing performances in the losses to judge that team. We weren't a good football team. We were better than the pitiful teams. You think Hud would have lose to AU last year? UT? John L Smiff? Hell no. It was the easiest 8 wins in the country.

Mullen is replaceable. After our losses last and this year it is easy to see. If we go back to TR it's nail in the coffin for me.

I'll take Hud and Dak all day Hack.

Todd4State
09-15-2013, 10:55 PM
I agree with most of that especially the part that I'm taking from it- while Dan has defeated teams he is supposed to, he at the same time hasn't defeated anyone better than us other than maybe Ole Miss 2009. Even that is debatable as we now know in hindsight that they were on the decline.

So, I guess the question is, can Hud upset some people from time to time? And yes, we need to be realistic about that- once every five years is probably a reasonable expectation for pulling an upset over someone.

Even Croom managed to pull a few upsets off during his time.

cheewgumm
09-15-2013, 11:18 PM
What kind of offense does HUD run? Honestly I know very little about him.

CadaverDawg
09-15-2013, 11:27 PM

Very similar to what we run with Dak if I remember correctly. Zone read with a lot of bubble screens and such.

Todd4State
09-15-2013, 11:54 PM

Watch Troy this weekend. There's a very good chance we will get their OC if we get Hud.

Todd4State
09-15-2013, 11:56 PM
Very similar to what we run with Dak if I remember correctly. Zone read with a lot of bubble screens and such.

That is nothing like us. We're like counter, zone read, and then chunk it.

Will James
09-16-2013, 12:17 AM
Look what we have coming back for HUD. He will be a straight baller next year for us. Do you really think the sideline chewer with no fire or passion will deliver next year?

HUD could compete at Bryant Denny with Dak and our nasty D. HUD could compete at Tiger Stadium. Mullen will meh it up again. We'll win 7 woo-hoo!!! Getting blasted by the usual suspects again. HUD could win 9+ in the Reg season next year.

HUD! HUD! HUD! HUD!

Wonder if we blah it up vs Troy can we get a We want HUD chant going in DWS. Or HUD-Speth. HUD-Speth. "East side you're HUD. West side you're Speth. Ready. HUD!!!!!!! Speth!!!!!! HUD!!!!!! Speth!!!!!!!!

CadaverDawg
09-16-2013, 06:17 AM
That is nothing like us. We're like counter, zone read, and then chunk it.

I was referring to the zone read...PLUS Hud adds a lot of bubble screens etc. Like we SHOULD run. You're right though, poor of me to compare his O to the shit we run now

Political Hack
09-16-2013, 06:53 AM
love Hud. Look forward to the day he's announced as our head coach.

But the way our administration is handling this is gutless and will likely cost us our bowl streak. If anyone should be on the hot seat, it's them... not Dan. We've got problems at the top that need to be fixed before we start worrying about who's calling the plays.

DownwardDawg
09-16-2013, 07:42 AM
I'm ready for this yesterday! There is no way you can make me believe that Mullen can do anything better than Hud. No way. Watch Hud's team play. They play with so much fire. Hud looks like a man possessed on the sidelines. They almost beat Florida in the swamp last year. Hud could win all the games Mullen has won. Let's just say he wouldn't upset anybody, just like Mullen hasn't. Well, he would have the same record then and he will recruit way better than Mullen.
Those of you that ask, "What makes you think that Hud can recruit better than Mullen?" I spent a couple of days around the staff in 2009. Myself and several other fathers all thought that Hud was by far the most impressive person on the staff. It wasn't even close. There is no doubt that Mullen felt threatened by Hud. He's not in Hud's league. He wanted Hud gone ASAP.

I think Mullen has done a decent job. He polished a turd. Hud could have us upsetting some of the big boys every now and then.

CadaverDawg
09-16-2013, 07:51 AM
I'm ready for this yesterday! There is no way you can make me believe that Mullen can do anything better than Hud. No way. Watch Hud's team play. They play with so much fire. Hud looks like a man possessed on the sidelines. They almost beat Florida in the swamp last year. Hud could win all the games Mullen has won. Let's just say he wouldn't upset anybody, just like Mullen hasn't. Well, he would have the same record then and he will recruit way better than Mullen.
Those of you that ask, "What makes you think that Hud can recruit better than Mullen?" I spent a couple of days around the staff in 2009. Myself and several other fathers all thought that Hud was by far the most impressive person on the staff. It wasn't even close. There is no doubt that Mullen felt threatened by Hud. He's not in Hud's league. He wanted Hud gone ASAP.

I think Mullen has done a decent job. He polished a turd. Hud could have us upsetting some of the big boys every now and then.

Good post. We can all agree that Hud would do no worse than Mullen, and possibly better. So why wait until the cupboard is bare before making the change? Could you imagine Dak and then Elijah in Huds offense with that group of WR's we just signed?

Im riding the fence, but you guys have about got me convinced that this change should be made proactively rather than 2 years from now as a reaction to poor performance and poor recruiting.

HereComesTheSpiral
09-16-2013, 07:55 AM
The better question, can Hud hire people to be strengths to cover his weaknesses.

DCdawg
09-16-2013, 07:55 AM
If we were going to bring in HUD, wouldn't next year be the perfect transition year to do it? Good schedule. Nice depth on the roster. I feel like if given enough time he could probably even keep this recruiting class mostly intact (if he can keep Collins also).

Political Hack
09-16-2013, 07:57 AM
If we were going to bring in HUD, wouldn't next year be the perfect transition year to do it? Good schedule. Nice depth on the roster. I feel like if given enough time he could probably even keep this recruiting class mostly intact (if he can keep Collins also).

wow... someone else is actually paying attention.

DownwardDawg
09-16-2013, 07:58 AM
The better question, can Hud hire people to be strengths to cover his weaknesses.

I can promise you he wouldn't be hiring a Carl Torbush.

CadaverDawg
09-16-2013, 08:02 AM

Yep. Me thinks you're right.

**** it, im in. Down....Set......HUD!

notsofarawaydawg
09-16-2013, 08:07 AM
Is Mullen doing anything that Hud would not be able to to here?

We are not even competitive against the good teams. 2-8 in our last 10. Now we are losing to a BAD Aubie team with a DB at QB. And making him look like a damn stud.

Could Hud manage to get blasted in every big game? Could Hud lose to Auburn as well? Why oh why are we happy with this?

Beating the teams we are supposed to beat is ok FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS. Now we can't even use that line because Auburn sucks. Don't even bring up 8 wins last year, please just ****ing don't. If you do, please tell me that Hud would not have won those 8. You can't. It wasn't an accomplishment, it was inevitable. Look at our embarrassing performances in the losses to judge that team. We weren't a good football team. We were better than the pitiful teams. You think Hud would have lose to AU last year? UT? John L Smiff? Hell no. It was the easiest 8 wins in the country.

Mullen is replaceable. After our losses last and this year it is easy to see. If we go back to TR it's nail in the coffin for me.

I'll take Hud and Dak all day Hack.

This coming from someone who constantly bashed Cohen, you know, the baseball coach who coached our team in the national championship series. You people are just crazy to start this shit after three games. Go To Hell ......

Barking 13
09-16-2013, 08:09 AM
This coming from someone who constantly bashed Cohen, you know, the baseball coach who coached our team in the national championship series. You people are just crazy to start this shit after three games. Go To Hell ......

It's not just three games.. add the last five from last year. and the seven before that where they really didn't look that good playing weak teams, and the year before that is where it all started...

I was a Mullen homer, but I'm having second thoughts... I've been blaming Koennig for the crap I've been shaking my head about for a couple years now, only to find out it's Mullen. During the game Saturday what I saw on the sideline was a coach who has lost it, was scared, and all he could do was chew on that card.. it was pathetic... brings back memories of seeing Rockey Felker start picking grass off the field... you knoew that as soon as Rockey kneeled down and started picking grass it was over... it would be third and 22 and he sends Hank Phillips over the top on a dive play... I'm getting that feeling... The REALLY sick thing is, there is more talent on the field on both sides of the ball that probably in the history of State, with maybe the exception of one of the Kang's teams...

DownwardDawg
09-16-2013, 08:12 AM

3 games huh? Lol. Same ole Miss State.

DownwardDawg
09-16-2013, 08:13 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXE-Wc9pUZQ

BHildreth3
09-16-2013, 08:14 AM
I can promise you one thing about HUDSPETH. The dude ain't ****ing scared to be aggressive on offense. There is no way in HELL he would have been conservative in the 4th quarter. Mullen pisses me off. I will also add that Mark is the PERFECT guy to battle against Hugh Freeze. Hudspeth would break Hughie is half.

Bothrops
09-16-2013, 08:46 AM
We're stuck in limbo concerning the head coaching situation. Do we have to wait until we bottom-out before we can do anything to help ourselves...or can Mullen show us something?? Time may not on MSU's side, but anyone that says we can't get anyone better than Mullen is crazy.

We'll see how Mullen responds this week. We ought to blast Troy, no excuses.

Dawgfan77
09-16-2013, 08:50 AM
It boggles my mind some if the name you guys are throwing out. Mack Brown, Fing Ellis 0-12 Johnson, Tubbs, . Names like this and this way of thinking is garbage. 2 names in order should be HUD, & Chad Morris

Eric Nies Grind Time
09-16-2013, 08:52 AM
Hud won't be conservative on offense.

He will recruit better than Mullen.

He will hire an actual offensive coordinator.

This is a job that Hud wants a lot. I am sure something could be worked out with him money wise.

BHildreth3
09-16-2013, 09:18 AM
Hud won't be conservative on offense.

He will recruit better than Mullen.

He will hire an actual offensive coordinator.

This is a job that Hud wants a lot. I am sure something could be worked out with him money wise.

Also, i would hope Hud could convince Mr. Steve Campbell to come be Asst. Head Coach/OL

msstate7
09-16-2013, 09:22 AM
It boggles my mind some if the name you guys are throwing out. Mack Brown, Fing Ellis 0-12 Johnson, Tubbs, . Names like this and this way of thinking is garbage. 2 names in order should be HUD, & Chad Morris

Morris is a pipe dream if you ask me. He's more in line for big jobs.

Political Hack
09-16-2013, 09:38 AM
Freeze is afraid of Hud and not afraid of Mullen. I do believe that.

Either way, to be talking about this after losing to a top 15 team in a kickoff game and Auburn on the plains is a little absurd as a fan base... When people start blending years together it clouds the picture. Last year we were 8-5... We WERE NOT 1-5. This year we could be 6-6 or 5-7. If we go to back to back bowls but people want to fire him because we're 2-7 over 9 between two seasons... well, that doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

DownwardDawg
09-16-2013, 09:46 AM
Freeze is afraid of Hud and not afraid of Mullen. I do believe that.

Either way, to be talking about this after losing to a top 15 team in a kickoff game and Auburn on the plains is a little absurd as a fan base... When people start blending years together it clouds the picture. Last year we were 8-5... We WERE NOT 1-5. This year we could be 6-6 or 5-7. If we go to back to back bowls but people want to fire him because we're 2-7 over 9 between two seasons... well, that doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

I disagree Hack. That's what we've done the entire history of our program. Wait until we completely suck and start over. How about we make a change right now. We had a good recruiting class last year and Hud would keep this current class together. He would probably upgrade it.
Regardless, this is all a pipe dream. Larry Templeton...I mean Scott Stricklin isn't going to do a thing. Mullen will be here for several more years, especially after we beat the cupcakes on our schedule the next 2 years and go 7-5 to 8-4. Meanwhile, Hud will be moved on to a bigger job and will not be available when the time comes.

cheewgumm
09-16-2013, 09:55 AM
This just reinforces the point of playing tougher teams. Think about it if we had played someone soft instead of Oklahoma State we are two and one and we get to six or seven win then everyone says we can't fire them because we won seven games.

But the fact would be we would still suck.

Dawgfan77
09-16-2013, 09:57 AM
I maybe in the minority here but as it stands a change needs to be made. I like Dan but I don't think he is as great as some on here think. We as a fan base have been to patient with coaches. Sherrll should have been gone after 02 and Croom never should have made it 5 years. Dan is in year 5 and we have regressed. Could we go 6-6 or 7-5? Yes but it's unlikely. With the expansion and SEC money if we have a 4 to 5 win season changes need to be made. It's time as state fans we demand winning. They do at every other school in the West including our Rival. Hell Chizick won the Natty and two years later he is fired

CadaverDawg
09-16-2013, 10:04 AM

Wow.

HancockCountyDog
09-16-2013, 10:11 AM
I know everyone is still pissed, hell I barely turned on my computer Sunday, but does anyone actually believe Mullen will get fired? Barring a 3-9 collapse (that ain't happening) there is no way Mullen gets fired. None. Zero.

Through the first 35 minutes of the game Saturday, I thought we looked good, not great, on offense. I thought we were moving the ball and getting the job done. Then It seemed like the only passing route we could run was an inside route with Lewis in the slot.

My biggest concern going forward now is that does Mullen do with Russell? At a bare mininum we have to go to a 2 QB system. Personally, I think he needs to just start Dak and be done with it, but the fact that we lost on Saturday does give Mullen an out about starting Russell, who Im sure would put up 300 yards on a terrible Troy team.

CadaverDawg
09-16-2013, 10:17 AM
I know everyone is still pissed, hell I barely turned on my computer Sunday, but does anyone actually believe Mullen will get fired? Barring a 3-9 collapse (that ain't happening) there is no way Mullen gets fired. None. Zero.

Through the first 35 minutes of the game Saturday, I thought we looked good, not great, on offense. I thought we were moving the ball and getting the job done. Then It seemed like the only passing route we could run was an inside route with Lewis in the slot.

My biggest concern going forward now is that does Mullen do with Russell? At a bare mininum we have to go to a 2 QB system. Personally, I think he needs to just start Dak and be done with it, but the fact that we lost on Saturday does give Mullen an out about starting Russell, who Im sure would put up 300 yards on a terrible Troy team.

If Stricklin truly wants to try and progress the program, he should be considering it. Mullen has reached his ceiling because he lost his fire and drive. If he starts Russell again, he should be fired Manny Diaz style.

HancockCountyDog
09-16-2013, 10:37 AM
If Stricklin truly wants to try and progress the program, he should be considering it. Mullen has reached his ceiling because he lost his fire and drive. If he starts Russell again, he should be fired Manny Diaz style.

This is why the AU loss pisses me off. Mullen can start Russell and play the "Well its not like Dak beat AU or anything" and when Russell lights up Troy we can all pretend that Russell is a great fit for our offense. That probably lasts until 2nd quarter against LSU when it is painfully obvious that he is the wrong QB, but then Dan can play the "Its not like we were beating LSU to begin with".

Its just a house of cards at this point.

Also, Im worried about the locker room. Dak ran the ball 22 times. That is a ton of carries for a QB. A ton. Josh Robinson had his 4 carries for -3 yards and Milton and Shump got their token 1 carry. Hell Perkins actually looked good, but he only had 8 carries. That shit gets old quick if you are a senior HB that as NFL aspirations.

SignalToNoise
09-16-2013, 10:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXE-Wc9pUZQ

Holy shit. I'm the most fired up software developer in the world right now.

CadaverDawg
09-16-2013, 10:43 AM
This is why the AU loss pisses me off. Mullen can start Russell and play the "Well its not like Dak beat AU or anything" and when Russell lights up Troy we can all pretend that Russell is a great fit for our offense. That probably lasts until 2nd quarter against LSU when it is painfully obvious that he is the wrong QB, but then Dan can play the "Its not like we were beating LSU to begin with".

Its just a house of cards at this point.

Also, Im worried about the locker room. Dak ran the ball 22 times. That is a ton of carries for a QB. A ton. Josh Robinson had his 4 carries for -3 yards and Milton and Shump got their token 1 carry. Hell Perkins actually looked good, but he only had 8 carries. That shit gets old quick if you are a senior HB that as NFL aspirations.

Well, had we not gone vanilla after halfway through the 3rd Quarter, they would have gotten more carries. But I agree with you. Why Milton is getting damn near as many carries as JRob is mind blowing to me. I'll be honest, Im almost ready to see Mullen leave just do to play calling and personnel moves alone. Throwing jump balls to Morrow? As if he will actually fight for a ball....Splitting carries between 5 backs and not allowing any of them to get in a rhythm?....Not realizing that there is no longer a QB debate (bc everyone knows Russell will start this week)....it's all garbage. And it's something an "offensive genius" should not be doing. I'm done with it.

HereComesTheSpiral
09-16-2013, 10:50 AM
And where the **** were Wilson and Ross at this weekend? Both of them had been playing well, I guess Dan wanted to bring them along slowly and let them get experience for a road environment on the sideline. If Shumpert, Ross, and Wilson are going to be bench warmers for the remainder of the season, I won't be surprised if they start looking for another place to call home.

bocfarm
09-16-2013, 10:52 AM
All the Knute Hudspeth talk is great and I'm all for it but it ain't happening....DM is here to stay for a while

HancockCountyDog
09-16-2013, 10:54 AM
And where the **** were Wilson and Ross at this weekend? Both of them had been playing well, I guess Dan wanted to bring them along slowly and let them get experience for a road environment on the sideline. If Shumpert, Ross, and Wilson are going to be bench warmers for the remainder of the season, I won't be surprised if they start looking for another place to call home.

The bigger issue is wasting a year of Ross for special teams play. I mean, why the hell is he playing if he isn't going to be thrown the ball.

Also, where was Arrington Saturday night, I swear it was like he didn't play, did I miss a memo or something on him?

CadaverDawg
09-16-2013, 10:56 AM
The bigger issue is wasting a year of Ross for special teams play. I mean, why the hell is he playing if he isn't going to be thrown the ball.

Also, where was Arrington Saturday night, I swear it was like he didn't play, did I miss a memo or something on him?

Mullen has a history of benching guys that are contributing, and not getting the ball in the hands of guys that can make plays. The fact that Morrow was even on the field Saturday but Wilson and Ross didn't see it, is just another head explosion moment. Ross and Wilson have big play ability...Morrow does not. So it only makes sense when you have had a shitty offense lately to sit your actual playmakers on the bench and give a guy that can't make plays multiple targets.*

HancockCountyDog
09-16-2013, 11:01 AM
Mullen has a history of benching guys that are contributing, and not getting the ball in the hands of guys that can make plays. The fact that Morrow was even on the field Saturday but Wilson and Ross didn't see it, is just another head explosion moment. Ross and Wilson have big play ability...Morrow does not. So it only makes sense when you have had a shitty offense lately to sit your actual playmakers on the bench and give a guy that can't make plays multiple targets.*

I haven't seen much from Ross or Wilson in the form of big play ability yet, other than the internet ramblings of MSU fans who swear Ross and Wilson are as good as Treadwell. Maybe they are, but so far I have seen no evidence of them being gamebreakers.

Not that it matters, if we are going to have the QB run it 22 times, good luck in getting a WR to sign with MSU or stay at MSU.

CadaverDawg
09-16-2013, 11:04 AM
I haven't seen much from Ross or Wilson in the form of big play ability yet, other than the internet ramblings of MSU fans who swear Ross and Wilson are as good as Treadwell. Maybe they are, but so far I have seen no evidence of them being gamebreakers.

Not that it matters, if we are going to have the QB run it 22 times, good luck in getting a WR to sign with MSU or stay at MSU.

In no way do I think they are as good as Treadwell....but they have more playmaking ability than Joe Morrow, do you disagree?

Wilson has shown the ability to go up and get the ball and play physical. Ross has been able to get open and he has speed once he catches it. Morrow has neither of those two things. However, if all of our pass routes are comeback routes, it's awful damn hard to have a big play in the passing game

engie
09-16-2013, 11:06 AM

Much like Cohen, Hud has a longlasting, deep love for MSU. I believe he'd do literally everything in his power to make us better -- including checking his own ego at the door.

People need to understand that there will be weaknesses with any new coach. Hud realizes this as well. Assuming we actually get him in the next year or two, he'll have ALOT of advantages Mullen didn't have though -- with an extra $10mil or so coming from the stadium and an extra $15-20mil coming from the SEC. Nevermind that Hud has a few of our biggest boosters eating out of his hand already. Anotherwords -- He'll inherit pretty damn good facilities and will almost certainly be able to get together the funding to hire whatever staff he wants here within reason... The assistant salary pool would almost certainly go up...

It shouldn't be lost on anyone that Hud has been a head coach at the collegiate level for 10 years now... He's already been through many of the "growing pains" that we've endured with Mullen...

As Todd said, pay close attention to Troy's offense this weekend. Edenfield(Troy OC) was Hud's OC for 6 years at North Alabama before returning to Troy(his alma mater) prior to Hud's final season at UNA. He was Hud's first choice for OC at ULL, but turned it down as a lateral move in the same conference to stay at his alma mater. He'd almost certainly be Hud's first choice here...

THIS is what Edenfield has done with a lead-footed pocket passer in his spread offense thusfar this year...
http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/m_20130916-svim-29kb.jpg

This is what Hud has done with 2 very tough games early in the season(splits will improve in conference play) along with last year's stats...
http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/m_20130916-ofnl-31kb.jpg
http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/m_20130916-wkr5-30kb.jpg

Obviously, their "systems" mesh well together -- and can have success with both types of QBs...

Dannyripms
09-16-2013, 11:12 AM
im telling you guys, troy and bowling green might beat us. if we do win its on talent alone and not coaching. but based on last years game and how we have declined im saying troy will beat us next week. I actually hope ole miss goes undefeated (I know they wont) and I hope we lose. that way we will fire dan and hire hud. I want these folks to look at huds record as a coach, you can see hes turned around every school hes been at and hes a fiery coach. I honestly believe we could win 10 games on a regular basis with him.

Dannyripms
09-16-2013, 11:17 AM
I cant remember where I read it at but someone was kind of comparing us to south Carolina. like when lou holtz came in and picked them up a little then spurrier came in and brought them to the next level. I see that happening here, dan brought us up a little and now hud can come in and bring us to the next level.

bocfarm
09-16-2013, 11:17 AM
We're not going to lose to Troy and BG just got donkey punched by a terrible Indiana team....get that shit out of here.

Dannyripms
09-16-2013, 11:22 AM
ok, im just saying with how the coaching has been I wouldn't doubt it. I may be wrong, but the troy game is not gonna be a gimme.

HancockCountyDog
09-16-2013, 11:22 AM
In no way do I think they are as good as Treadwell....but they have more playmaking ability than Joe Morrow, do you disagree?

Wilson has shown the ability to go up and get the ball and play physical. Ross has been able to get open and he has speed once he catches it. Morrow has neither of those two things. However, if all of our pass routes are comeback routes, it's awful damn hard to have a big play in the passing game

Ross has 1 catch for 8 yards in two games against teams with a pulse. Wilson has 2 catches for 17 yards both against OSU.

Im just not sure what they can do. I agree that Im not sure Joe Morrow can do anything other than catch the occasional curl route, and then get a holding penalty, but so far Ross and Wilson have done very little. Hell Wilson didn't have a single catch against AU. The problem is that once you decide to go with Dak, that ain't going to change. Im ok with that, but then why not RS them? Same goes with Shump?

Im a little worried that Dan felt some pressure to play freshman because of all the hype the bears are getting with their freshman and he felt the need to get some of our guys playing time? IF so, that worries me more than the AU loss. HE can't let those ****sticks dictate how he runs his program, but when you look at the amount of production from these guys, its hard to draw any other conclusions.

DownwardDawg
09-16-2013, 11:24 AM
Holy shit. I'm the most fired up software developer in the world right now.

LMAO!!!

engie
09-16-2013, 11:25 AM
We had a good recruiting class last year and Hud would keep this current class together. He would probably upgrade it.

This is the key word. Without going into great detail, Hud turns many of our "enemies" inside MS into our friends or at least into neutral parties. There is nowhere that is outside of our reach inside MS under Hudspeth...

bocfarm
09-16-2013, 11:27 AM
ok, im just saying with how the coaching has been I wouldn't doubt it. I may be wrong, but the troy game is not gonna be a gimme.

Right now we're a 15 point favorite and vegas isn't a big fan of msu... I think we win this one easily if Dak plays and the play calling is similar to Aub and ASU game

CadaverDawg
09-16-2013, 11:55 AM
Ross has 1 catch for 8 yards in two games against teams with a pulse. Wilson has 2 catches for 17 yards both against OSU.

Im just not sure what they can do. I agree that Im not sure Joe Morrow can do anything other than catch the occasional curl route, and then get a holding penalty, but so far Ross and Wilson have done very little. Hell Wilson didn't have a single catch against AU. The problem is that once you decide to go with Dak, that ain't going to change. Im ok with that, but then why not RS them? Same goes with Shump?

Im a little worried that Dan felt some pressure to play freshman because of all the hype the bears are getting with their freshman and he felt the need to get some of our guys playing time? IF so, that worries me more than the AU loss. HE can't let those ****sticks dictate how he runs his program, but when you look at the amount of production from these guys, its hard to draw any other conclusions.

I kinda see what you're saying, but I don't really think you are seeing where I'm coming from. The whole reason that Ross and Wilson aren't getting targets is the problem. The reason they don't have more catches is because Dan is playing f'ing Joe Morrow who is both weak and slow. Meanwhile he has a tall physical WR in Wilson, and a speedster that has gotten open when given the opportunity in Ross, that are riding pine....why? Makes no sense.

And I disagree that their catches will stay the same or drop with Dak. Hell, before we went into the Sissy Stall in the 3rd and 4th quarter, Dak was throwing the ball all over the place. His ability to open up the run game, will only make it easier for guys to get open and for more big plays to occur in the passing game due to more men being in the box. It should make everyone better, IF...IF...IF...we call plays properly and don't turn puss once we get a 3 point lead.

And I agree with you about him letting OM influence him. Just like he let Malzahn influence his 2 point conversion. And just like he let the fear of losing make him go into scared mode in the 4th quarter. He has turned in to a puss. The Mullen we hired didn't let anyone influence his decisions, but that cocky bastard we loved is gone now.

DownwardDawg
09-16-2013, 12:12 PM
Right now we're a 15 point favorite and vegas isn't a big fan of msu... I think we win this one easily if Dak plays and the play calling is similar to Aub and ASU game

I would just about bet that Russell starts the next 2 games.

Will James
09-16-2013, 04:37 PM

Did we bunt far far less this year? I bashed decisions with evidence. Please provide of ******* greatness to HUD. Ill shut up and listen.

Bullmutt
09-17-2013, 11:15 AM
I kinda see what you're saying, but I don't really think you are seeing where I'm coming from. The whole reason that Ross and Wilson aren't getting targets is the problem. The reason they don't have more catches is because Dan is playing f'ing Joe Morrow who is both weak and slow. Meanwhile he has a tall physical WR in Wilson, and a speedster that has gotten open when given the opportunity in Ross, that are riding pine....why? Makes no sense.

And I disagree that their catches will stay the same or drop with Dak. Hell, before we went into the Sissy Stall in the 3rd and 4th quarter, Dak was throwing the ball all over the place. His ability to open up the run game, will only make it easier for guys to get open and for more big plays to occur in the passing game due to more men being in the box. It should make everyone better, IF...IF...IF...we call plays properly and don't turn puss once we get a 3 point lead.

And I agree with you about him letting OM influence him. Just like he let Malzahn influence his 2 point conversion. And just like he let the fear of losing make him go into scared mode in the 4th quarter. He has turned in to a puss. The Mullen we hired didn't let anyone influence his decisions, but that cocky bastard we loved is gone now.

Could there be pressures being applied to him from sources unknown to us- pressures that have caused this recent meekness?