PDA

View Full Version : So what did Kobe, Tunsil's step and John Doe's 1-15 lie about?

gravedigger
07-04-2017, 10:18 AM
I mean, we've been given the what for on SA39 and all.

Just hadnt heard what defendants 2 through 17 had said.

lamont
07-04-2017, 10:24 AM
I mean, we've been given the what for on SA39 and all.

Just hadnt heard what defendants 2 through 17 had said.

other defendants have yet to be named. Those are there in case they need to add more names. They are trying to scare away others from joining in against Rags. It's a calculated gamble that others wont join to corroborate Leo and Kobe's stories

Political Hack
07-04-2017, 10:32 AM
other defendants have yet to be named. Those are there in case they need to add more names. They are trying to scare away others from joining in against Rags. It's a calculated gamble that others wont join to corroborate Leo and Kobe's stories

You're right in the reasoning, but RR's legal team hasn't thought this through very well IMO. Legal will subpoena the statements from the NCAA and those will be damning enough in court. They don't have to join or even take the stand. They've already said everything that needs to be said.

gravedigger
07-04-2017, 10:33 AM

Gotcha. I just find it interesting that we have extremely detailed accounts of what lies Leo told: times, Emily the mystical cashier, the makeup of clothing tags, etc. What we dont have is what the others named in the suit said that defamed RR. Why dont we have their detailed lies and the amounts of money MSU paid them to tell them and the details on how Mullen has arranged for their defense?

Oh. And I went over to Nafoom to have a dialogue with mr Zv2 about all this but he locked the thread before I could get to that question. Seems he didnt like the fact that I pointed out he bumped his own month old thread to invite MSU fans to post.

lamont
07-04-2017, 10:50 AM
You need to link the Kiffin article for them to show them it's more than Leo alleging those things

parabrave
07-04-2017, 10:58 AM
I can't wait until the defendants subpena RRs financial records. Hmmm think the IRS might want to see them also?

gravedigger
07-04-2017, 11:15 AM
You're right in the reasoning, but RR's legal team hasn't thought this through very well IMO. Legal will subpoena the statements from the NCAA and those will be damning enough in court. They don't have to join or even take the stand. They've already said everything that needs to be said.

See, now that is what I was getting at. Lets say the 'lies' are found in the probe of SA39's testimony. They still must show that the statement made by Sa39 was malicious in nature enough to show those lies would have changed the NCAA's NOA.

But the next problem they have is going to really make things bad. That's what you pointed out. That whatever testimony that the NCAA was trying to corroborate will come out too. How likely is it that the NCAA relied on Leo's testimony alone? When all the testimony is known about what the NCAA relied on to make their decision on the violation, will this continue on?

Ezsoil
07-04-2017, 11:26 AM
What is sad is those crazies are being told that an ambulance chasing scumbag lawyer is going to get Leo and Kobe to breakdown and say it was all a conspiracy.... they are just delusional and they live in their Perpetual pity party....

Mimi's Babies
07-04-2017, 11:28 AM
I can't wait until the defendants subpena RRs financial records. Hmmm think the IRS might want to see them also?

I would like to see the write-off for DAMAGED, BROKEN or STOLEN merchandise.... Not to leave out the donation to OM.... show me the receipts from the 501(c)3... hehe

lamont
07-04-2017, 11:28 AM
See, now that is what I was getting at. Lets say the 'lies' are found in the probe of SA39's testimony. They still must show that the statement made by Sa39 was malicious in nature enough to show those lies would have changed the NCAA's NOA.

But the next problem they have is going to really make things bad. That's what you pointed out. That whatever testimony that the NCAA was trying to corroborate will come out too. How likely is it that the NCAA relied on Leo's testimony alone? When all the testimony is known about what the NCAA relied on to make their decision on the violation, will this continue on?

Rags is not worried about his business. People are flocking there to support him. This is a back door hail mary by OM to attempt getting some damning NCAA info thrown out if a lawyer can trip these guys up on the stand and a court backs up Rags. Then OM can sue the NCAA for using evidence against them that isnt credible. This wasnt orchestrated by Rags- he's a moron. This was put together by the OM legal team

Political Hack
07-04-2017, 11:29 AM
What is sad is those crazies are being told that an ambulance chasing scumbag lawyer is going to get Leo and Kobe to breakdown and say it was all a conspiracy.... they are just delusional and they live in their Perpetual pity party....

What's hilarious to me is that they're cheering thisnon. The last thing you ever want in the middle of an NCAA issue is open records for everyone to see. Kleo's (yes, I just made that up) lawyers are going to be able to depose anyone and everyone involved. Any halfassed rational rebel has to understand how bad that could be for them.

Mimi's Babies
07-04-2017, 11:33 AM
What's hilarious to me is that they're cheering thisnon. The last thing you ever want in the middle of an NCAA issue is open records for everyone to see. Kleo's (yes, I just made that up) lawyers are going to be able to depose anyone and everyone involved. Any halfassed rational rebel has to understand how bad that could be for them.

You are correct... Can you imagine what other football players (whether recruited or not), Headcoach, asst. coach, water boys, radio announcers, stats guys, video workers, teachers, cafeteria workers, security officers, AD or principals could tell on the witness stand. The lack of so called 'rational rebels' has fallen off the train... the only om fans left are all delusional....

Psst.... waiting to see if the grave train of this lawsuit is listed in the NOA....

msbulldog
07-04-2017, 11:43 AM

The NCAA cannot rely on Leo's or Kobe's testimony alone. To even get the opportunity to interview and offer immunity the NCAA investigators must take prior found evidence before the Chairman of the COI for permission to offer immunity and interview. This prior found evidence is accessible by subpoena and I think the NCAA would have no problem providing it.

Mimi's Babies
07-04-2017, 11:49 AM
The NCAA cannot rely on Leo's or Kobe's testimony alone. To even get the opportunity to interview and offer immunity the NCAA investigators must take prior found evidence before the Chairman of the COI for permission to offer immunity and interview. This prior found evidence is accessible by subpoena and I think the NCAA would have no problem providing it.

The NCAA, had documented, answers to the questions that were asked of #39 and #40 before they were ever talked too...

Dawgfan77
07-04-2017, 11:54 AM
Here is something else that they are failing to understand. The NCAA doesn't just go to Leo and say tell me about your recruitment by all schools and if you tell us the truth we will give you immunity. The investigation team has to get the story lock stock and barrel. We are talking no loopholes or info left for conjecture. The then take the info to the COI to be able to give immunity. Once they get the approval they then go to SA and CAN ONLY question SA based on the info they have and were given approval to question. This is where the OM people are out of touch.

BeardoMSU
07-04-2017, 12:06 PM
(C)Kleo's (yes, I just made that up)

https://media.giphy.com/media/dR3a57lctE6xq/giphy.gif

gravedigger
07-04-2017, 12:06 PM

I know I've read that before in some article where the NCAA was interviewed about immunity. Didnt know about the accessibility by subpoena.

gravedigger
07-04-2017, 12:10 PM
Here is something else that they are failing to understand. The NCAA doesn't just go to Leo and say tell me about your recruitment by all schools and if you tell us the truth we will give you immunity. The investigation team has to get the story lock stock and barrel. We are talking no loopholes or info left for conjecture. The then take the info to the COI to be able to give immunity. Once they get the approval they then go to SA and CAN ONLY question SA based on the info they have and were given approval to question. This is where the OM people are out of touch.

my guess is he didnt give them much on the first go around.

Mimi's Babies
07-04-2017, 12:25 PM
my guess is he didnt give them much on the first go around.

Here's an example.... This is like taking depositions for a court case:

Ok gravedigger, I have talked to you once.... then i talk to dawgfan77, then I talk to #40, #1-38, #41-49.... How much information can be gleamed from those interviews... so.... I go back to #39 for more questions or to clarify information given...
Remember these are children.... When you are being asked questions you are being asked to give answers instantly. Then later, you think of other things and add to the original information told. There is no telling how much information was given by/from of all of these SA's......

thf24
07-04-2017, 12:33 PM

I wonder what the narrative would be if OM ends up leading a loyal booster into real legal trouble in the name of a PR gamble. Really hard to spin against someone else at that point.

Dawgfan77
07-04-2017, 12:56 PM
My guess is these RR attorneys will eventually find out he NCAA has already found out the truth before immunity was granted. Once they come to this realization you willl see the lawsuit dropped. Especially when the books get turned over and they see that RR cannot show a loss of income.

Jack Lambert
07-04-2017, 01:04 PM
RR was put up by Ole Miss to sue to scare and strong arm people because they can't. Bottom line.

parabrave
07-04-2017, 02:19 PM

This; SA 39 and SA 40 were summoned there to corroborate someone else testimony.

Noxdog
07-04-2017, 03:09 PM
RR was put up by Ole Miss to sue to scare and strong arm people because they can't. Bottom line.

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^

PassInterference
07-04-2017, 03:14 PM
Leo, Kobe, and 15 John Does all conspired to trash Rebel Rags. An Oxford t-shirt vendor is the target of vast conspiracy amongst players at multiple schools who hardly know each other. These players put NCAA eligibility and NFL hopes aside so they could tarnish the good name of an Oxford store owner who would NEVER do anything under the table to help Ole Miss.

gravedigger
07-04-2017, 03:19 PM
THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^

That is great and I agree and all, but is it worth it to reserve yet ANOTHER public embarrassment when it gets thrown out or written about to be frivolous?

At what point will someone in leadership step up and require that they stop inflicting their own injuries?

The COI has got to be saying to itself that they are in a tight spot to make good on their own promise. The term 'Aggravated' seems to be taking on a new meaning.

See we are at the point that subtracting ALL they are saying was wrong with the investigation STILL LEAVES more than the NCAA can punish reasonably. Of course if the NCAA mitigates all this and even alludes to the lawsuit, that will serve to make others cautious about testifying even with immunity. Which, would remove a weapon they employ.

Anyone think there is a chance, even a small one, that the NCAA allows that to happen?

1bigdawg
07-04-2017, 03:29 PM
[QUOTE=gravedigger;770501]See, now that is what I was getting at. Lets say the 'lies' are found in the probe of SA39's testimony. They still must show that the statement made by Sa39 was malicious in nature enough to show those lies would have changed the NCAA's NOA. [QUOTE]

To tweak your point a little bit, RR has to prove that the SAs statements were malicious toward RR. They can be malicious toward UNM all they want in this scenario without incurring a liability to RR.

All of this is a moot point anyway, since the SAs did not lie.

msbulldog
07-04-2017, 03:42 PM
I know I've read that before in some article where the NCAA was interviewed about immunity. Didnt know about the accessibility by subpoena.

I was speaking of subpoena by the lawyers for LL & KJ in the civil suit.

Mimi's Babies
07-04-2017, 03:49 PM
I was speaking of subpoena by the lawyers for LL & KJ in the civil suit.

Bring the lawyers on for sure... When one starts with the subpoenas and that "can of worms starts crawling" -- where will the evidence ever stop?

msbulldog
07-04-2017, 03:50 PM
Leo, Kobe, and 15 John Does all conspired to trash Rebel Rags. An Oxford t-shirt vendor is the target of vast conspiracy amongst players at multiple schools who hardly know each other. These players put NCAA eligibility and NFL hopes aside so they could tarnish the good name of an Oxford store owner who would NEVER do anything under the table to help Ole Miss.

Now that's funny, you really should be writing for Saturday Night Live. +!

Noxdog
07-04-2017, 03:55 PM
Mimi, in box cleared out.

Ezsoil
07-04-2017, 11:37 PM

^^^^^^^ this