PDA

View Full Version : WMD's Armchair QB: Snatching Defeat From the Jaws of Victory Edition.....

War Machine Dawg
09-15-2013, 06:23 PM
Gents, my Armchair QB (http://www.forwhomthecowbelltolls.com/football/2013/9/15/4731886/wmds-armchair-qb-auburn-sec-dan-mullen-gus-malzahn-dak-prescott) is up at FWtCT. Check it out, discuss here.

Drugdog
09-15-2013, 07:27 PM
Between your article and C34 article, you two have covered our problems... But do We think Dan knows them...I'm saying no..
Would love to get this article to him...????

Political Hack
09-15-2013, 08:02 PM
We couldn't covert a 3rd down to save our lives and Dan still went for it twice on 4th. That's guts.

When your FG kicker can't make a FG and your offense can't convert a 3rd down, what the hell are you supposed to do? Go balls out with flea flickers? We got 2 turnovers and had the ball 18 minutes in the 2nd half and scored once. This lovefest for our offensive production yesterday amazes the ever living hell out of me. 20 points against Auburn and we're happy with everyone but Dan??? Really???

Coach34
09-15-2013, 08:11 PM
415 yards, 20 points, no turnovers...with a QB that is only going to get better....how does this amaze you?

You are probably one of only 5 State fans in the entire fanbase that thinks Russell would have done better

War Machine Dawg
09-15-2013, 08:17 PM
I don't know what has crawled up Hack's ass lately, but he's gone full retard with Russell.

I really hate to channel Crxxms, but if you can't see the difference in the offense when Dak is in the game and when TR is in the game, then you're blind. Or don't know very much about football. It really is that simple. The team has a different energy level and intensity when Dak is in the game. The offense gets in a better rhythm, which is crucial to the Spread, because we're running the ball more instead of going 3 and out passing every time we turn around. And the creativity of the play calling is night and day. Plus, we'd have scored more if Dan hadn't decided to sit on the ****ing ball for 1.5 quarters with a 3-point lead.

Political Hack
09-15-2013, 08:37 PM
I saw 9 in the box and CDM afraid to open it up with Dak... against AUBURN for 16 straight minutes. That has me more concerned than it does y'all apparently.

DanDority
09-15-2013, 08:41 PM
Great article WMD! Agree with all points!

cheewgumm
09-15-2013, 08:43 PM
I hate it for Russell...as everyone does.

But, in honor of Breaking Bad..."no more half measures".

Fact is , as everyone else on here that is pro Dak has outlined is he is the best fit. I think Russell can play in the NFL, but that doesn't matter. What many have said abou Mullen is true...he coaches this type of QB and his offense works with it. That's not a bad thing, but its a fact. And his offense can be really productive with it...so no need to fear it. Embrace. I am.

415 yards, 20 points, no turnovers...with a QB that is only going to get better....how does this amaze you?

You are probably one of only 5 State fans in the entire fanbase that thinks Russell would have done better

Coach34
09-15-2013, 08:46 PM
I saw 9 in the box and CDM afraid to open it up with Dak... against AUBURN for 16 straight minutes. That has me more concerned than it does y'all apparently.

I think he is more scared of his WR's than he is Dakota throwing it- Dak threw 28 passes last night.

If he was worried about throwing, he could have thrown a screen or any other easy pass- like a rollout.

Political Hack
09-15-2013, 09:00 PM
Dak played well. I'm just upset about the 2nd half and worried that we won't be able to move the ball against 8-9 in the box.

Coach34
09-15-2013, 09:20 PM
Dak played well. I'm just upset about the 2nd half and worried that we won't be able to move the ball against 8-9 in the box.

Well, we can't move it with Russell with 6 in the box- might as well try something new

PendingTransaction
09-15-2013, 09:39 PM
This train has derailed. It was caused by conductor error. This sucker is heading over the cliff. Now many thought we we get the movie version...you know, Superman swoops in and sets it back on track just in the nick of time.

Well gentlemen, this ain't the damn movies. Collins is not gonna put it back on track. Dak is not Superman. Putting Les in the nursing home and Mullen signaling the plays won't save us. This train is about to crash and burn.

Political Hack
09-15-2013, 09:42 PM
Well, we can't move it with Russell with 6 in the box- might as well try something new

I think judging a Sr QB on a single game while he had a concussion is a mistake too. He had a few bad games last season down the stretch, but this is a new season. He's earned and deserves a chance to play at least one healthy game before our lovely fans write him off as a Sr bust.

From the outside looking in people probably think our fans are insane for wanting to sit our single season passing record holder because he had a bad game while playing with a concussion.

Noxdog
09-15-2013, 09:50 PM
Dramatic much????

Coach34
09-15-2013, 10:21 PM
I think judging a Sr QB on a single game while he had a concussion is a mistake too. He had a few bad games last season down the stretch, but this is a new season. He's earned and deserves a chance to play at least one healthy game before our lovely fans write him off as a Sr bust.

From the outside looking in people probably think our fans are insane for wanting to sit our single season passing record holder because he had a bad game while playing with a concussion.

He didnt have a concussion in the 1st half- he even ran the ball on the zone read right before half. Stop making excuses

Raytoraid83
09-15-2013, 10:27 PM

The people on the outside see a coach that has flatlined in Starkville.

War Machine Dawg
09-15-2013, 10:32 PM
He didnt have a concussion in the 1st half- he even ran the ball on the zone read right before half. Stop making excuses

+1

Political Hack
09-15-2013, 10:42 PM

bullshit. that's just plain wrong and an attempt to make a point at the expense of TR. he had a concussion after the first drive. the knee to his head wasn't even a hard hit. It was the 3 big hits he took before the knee. You know football, so I know you can see it just like I did. You'd have to be blind as shit to not realize the difference between TR prior to that first hit and after.

PassInterference
09-15-2013, 11:55 PM
I think Hack is right here. TR took a shot to the head in the 1st Q. The refs threw a flag on it and then picked it up. TR slid just as a guy was diving into him and made helmet to helmet contact. I think the defender didn't intend that, but happened due to the timing of TR's slide.

Russell seems to get erratic after he gets his. OSU wasn't a first. He gets hit and he just gets rattled....which is just one more reason to play our physical QB IMO.

FISHDAWG
09-16-2013, 09:22 AM
I still want to give TR the benefit of the doubt but the performance from Dak this game just can't be rationally argued ... try the 2 QB system now that we have better components and go with whatever system shows the most consistency ... I think this would work better with Tyler & Dak than it did with Tyler & Relf

Coach34
09-16-2013, 09:28 AM
bullshit. that's just plain wrong and an attempt to make a point at the expense of TR. he had a concussion after the first drive. the knee to his head wasn't even a hard hit. It was the 3 big hits he took before the knee. You know football, so I know you can see it just like I did. You'd have to be blind as shit to not realize the difference between TR prior to that first hit and after.

It's not wrong at all. He showed absolutely no signs of concussion in the 1st half. And as I said- he ran the ball and jumped up all excited over his 12 yard run late in the 2nd quarter. That's not a QB who is sluggish and concussed no matter how you try to spin it

SheltonChoked
09-16-2013, 09:44 AM
That's funny. I saw several pass playes called. and our SR WR could not get open. #playbear # playross

Political Hack
09-16-2013, 09:51 AM
I saw a sharpe TR go to a mush TR one drive into the game. I'm willing to bet you he doesn't remember the 2nd Quarter run you're talking about. Plenty of QBs have finished games with concussions. Tyler's next pass was a flair to Perk, easy pitch and catch with no pressure, and Perk had to become a ballerina to make the grab. Tyler had 1 or 2 good passes the rest of the game after putting 3 or 4 balls on the money down the field right out of the gate.

I guess Marcus Bullard didn't have a concussion after running into the brick wall called John Wallace dirk g the Final Four either? He just sucked out of nowhere for no reason too.

HancockCountyDog
09-16-2013, 10:04 AM
I guess Marcus Bullard didn't have a concussion after running into the brick wall called John Wallace dirk g the Final Four either? He just sucked out of nowhere for no reason too.

I think this guy knows why Marcus sucked in that game:

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxwluR5zQeUP4uHYrMcXwbcBYkWRQDv ve2Yrqpud9GTSxu0N3oUA

Barking 13
09-16-2013, 10:11 AM
The concern I have is the number of times Dak ran the ball.... he can't run that play all day every day.... I liked it when we ran out of the two back set.. never saw it after the first half...

HancockCountyDog
09-16-2013, 10:13 AM
The concern I have is the number of times Dak ran the ball.... he can't run that play all day every day.... I liked it when we ran out of the two back set.. never saw it after the first half...

This is a good point, Dak can't run the ball as many times as he did against AU. We need him healthy for the egg bowl.

Maybe that is Dan's plan all along, let Tyler play against LSU/Bama/SC and keep Dak healthy for the bears.

War Machine Dawg
09-16-2013, 12:19 PM
Shameless self-promotion bump.

Bubb Rubb
09-16-2013, 12:30 PM

Been saying all along. It doesn't matter who the QB is. Playcalling is the issue. Those of you blindly sucking off Dak fail to realize this. Had Russell played yesterday, the outcome would've been similar. The stats would've been different, but the outcome would've been similar.

Your boy played Saturday, like you've been screaming for all this time, and he didn't get it done. And it's not his fault, just like it wasn't Russell's fault.

BHildreth3
09-16-2013, 12:46 PM
Been saying all along. It doesn't matter who the QB is. Playcalling is the issue. Those of you blindly sucking off Dak fail to realize this. Had Russell played yesterday, the outcome would've been similar. The stats would've been different, but the outcome would've been similar.

Your boy played Saturday, like you've been screaming for all this time, and he didn't get it done. And it's not his fault, just like it wasn't Russell's fault.

I think it's past time to admit that Dan Mullen ain't that great of a playcaller. Some are good, some are great...he's in the middle.

CadaverDawg
09-16-2013, 01:06 PM
What you TeamRussell guys aren't looking at is that EVERYTHING about our team is better suited for Dak. And not only that, TR has only been a slightly better passer than Dak, and that is supposed to be the most glaring difference.

By the way, Hack, the TV announcers were straight up saying that we have found a QB in Dak because before Dak we lacked identity on offense. So even the "outsiders" get it.

Dak opens up our run game because he is a dual threat.
By opening up the run, Dak allows us to use play action to get guys open(young, inexperienced guys, by the way)
Dak has proven to be only slightly worse of a passer than Russell (but made up for it through the ground game)
Dak brings more energy

Russell is a more efficient passer
Russell allows us not to have a running game bc he is no threat on zone read
Since he is no threat, D's don't stack the box, therefore covering passing game is easier
Since we can't run, D's don't bite on play action bc they aren't fearful of our 190 lb'er up the middle

So we have a team with young WR's, experienced deep stable of backs, a D that has played pretty well, and a coach that has proven he can't call plays for a passing QB....YET you guys keep thinking we need to get the hammer out and try to drive that square peg into the round hole?? Jesus, Mary and Joseph! What are you guys not comprehending about this?