PDA

View Full Version : Interesting tweet/post:

Mimi's Babies
06-30-2017, 11:28 AM
Steve Robertson‏Verified account @ScoutSteveR 23h23 hours ago

The right of a PSA to obtain accurate info to aid in the decision process must be respected No coach shall provide false or misleading info

AGAIN: No coach shall provide false or misleading info

Bully13
06-30-2017, 11:41 AM
care to put this in laymen's terms? I know what a SA is, but what's a PSA?

not quite getting the point trying to be made here, thanks in advance.

Mimi's Babies
06-30-2017, 11:44 AM

Potential Student Athlete

Wonder who is lying to their RECRUITS..... :rolleyes:

oldjoedawg
06-30-2017, 11:45 AM

My guess is that PSA is something along the lines of "prospective student athlete" and the inference is certainly about the tsun head coach misleading prospects by telling them lies about the NCAA NOA.....'mostly track and women's basketball'...."mostly from his predecessor.....", etc...

Bully13
06-30-2017, 11:48 AM
thanks for the clarification. so is this just an opinion that most intelligent / decent people would share or is this a possible infraction?

Dawg61
06-30-2017, 11:50 AM
Sounds like they have Freezus caught lying to potential student athletes about how much UM is in trouble. If I had to guess.

missouridawg
06-30-2017, 11:51 AM
Sounds like they have Freezus caught lying to potential student athletes about how much UM is in trouble. If I had to guess.

Let us pray.

ShotgunDawg
06-30-2017, 11:56 AM
I'm also curious if it was found that a coach mislead a PSA, if that player could transfer without penalty?

Leeshouldveflanked
06-30-2017, 12:13 PM
Co Freeze said it be OK

Dawgology
06-30-2017, 12:38 PM

Said "coaches told me that the sanctions were not bad" or "NCAA is accepting the penalties Ole Miss self imposed" or "coach said it wouldn't impact me". There are MULTIPLE articles out there with signees on the record stating this. All ole miss does is lie, deceive, misdirect, and sow discord. It is an absolutely corrupt program.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-30-2017, 12:41 PM

Wasn't it pretty obvious with D. Anderson from Texas?

Mimi's Babies
06-30-2017, 12:52 PM
I have no reason to believe that OM has STOPPED LYING, CHEATING or BUYING PSA... NONE....

lamont
06-30-2017, 12:56 PM
The COI has evidence of Freeze not being truthful. And we know what the NCAA does to liars

QuadrupleOption
06-30-2017, 01:04 PM

Yeah they did. Hell one of their signees last year (or maybe the year before) proudly announced the Freeze told him point blank that the NCAA investigation wouldn't impact them at all. then he said he believed Freeze because he wouldn't lie to him.

I can't remember the guy's name but it had a couple of threads spawned here.

starkvegasdawg
06-30-2017, 01:05 PM
The COI has evidence of Freeze not being truthful. And we know what the NCAA does to liars

http://i.imgur.com/Vy6bGKN.jpg

confucius say
06-30-2017, 01:08 PM
Yeah they did. Hell one of their signees last year (or maybe the year before) proudly announced the Freeze told him point blank that the NCAA investigation wouldn't impact them at all. then he said he believed Freeze because he wouldn't lie to him.

I can't remember the guy's name but it had a couple of threads spawned here.

It was three signees from the 2016 class. One was Anderson. I think pennamon was one as well and can't remember the third. There were two different threads on it after the 2016 class signed.

confucius say
06-30-2017, 01:10 PM

I know they light you up for not being truthful to NCAA, don't know if that applies to not being truthful to PSA's.

Are you saying Freeze lied to NCAA or to PSA's?

Lord McBuckethead
06-30-2017, 01:16 PM
Said "coaches told me that the sanctions were not bad" or "NCAA is accepting the penalties Ole Miss self imposed" or "coach said it wouldn't impact me". There are MULTIPLE articles out there with signees on the record stating this. All ole miss does is lie, deceive, misdirect, and sow discord. It is an absolutely corrupt program.

Bingo. Last sentence nails it.

starkvegasdawg
06-30-2017, 01:25 PM

Yes

Dawg61
06-30-2017, 02:52 PM

I'd have to say yeah.

http://images0.minutemediacdn.com/production/912x516/5722ba86d0202571a6000001.jpeg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QY8V7jVUU4

StatesboroBlues
06-30-2017, 03:10 PM
I think they even had one this year say if they got a two year Bowl ban Freeze would allow them to transfer. I know I read this somewhere...

confucius say
06-30-2017, 03:47 PM
I think they even had one this year say if they got a two year Bowl ban Freeze would allow them to transfer. I know I read this somewhere...

That would be Morton ms's own mr. "co free wouldn lie to me." He said he was told that if the penalties were worse than a 1 year bowl ban he would get a free release.

Dawgowar
06-30-2017, 03:51 PM

Is this something that is our fault? Should this be on my Rue List?

Martianlander
06-30-2017, 04:07 PM
Is this something that is our fault? Should this be on my Rue List?

Dan is a ventriloquist. Freeze never said any of those things.****

Dawgowar
06-30-2017, 04:54 PM
Dan is a ventriloquist. Freeze never said any of those things.****

Son of...I knew it. Knew it. Knew it. Knew it.

Lumpy Chucklelips
06-30-2017, 05:20 PM
Was it Penneman's uncle who called into a radio talk show and asked how it worked if an athlete wanted to get out of his scholarship? Said he was told there would not be much to the investigation, but then they talked to other folks and found out it was going to be much worse than OM had let on. This was between the time he signed and before he enrolled for summer. I remember one of the online fan sites picked it up and wrote a few paragraphs about it. After that happened, you never heard another word about it. Funny how those uncles get in between an athlete and a school.

In my best Mr. Rogers voice...Can you say, "hush money?" "That's goooood, I knew you could do it. You are soooo smart. Did you know that? I bet you did".

msbulldog
06-30-2017, 05:54 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Vy6bGKN.jpg

Damn Vegas. you ain't right.

msbulldog
06-30-2017, 05:57 PM
It was three signees from the 2016 class. One was Anderson. I think pennamon was one as well and can't remember the third. There were two different threads on it after the 2016 class signed.

Your right about Anderson and if I remember right, releases were promised.

sandwolf
06-30-2017, 06:02 PM
Was it Penneman's uncle who called into a radio talk show and asked how it worked if an athlete wanted to get out of his scholarship? Said he was told there would not be much to the investigation, but then they talked to other folks and found out it was going to be much worse than OM had let on. This was between the time he signed and before he enrolled for summer. I remember one of the online fan sites picked it up and wrote a few paragraphs about it. After that happened, you never heard another word about it. Funny how those uncles get in between an athlete and a school.

In my best Mr. Rogers voice...Can you say, "hush money?" "That's goooood, I knew you could do it. You are soooo smart. Did you know that? I bet you did".I believe that was Anderson's (the highly rated safety out of Texas) uncle.

Dawgpile
06-30-2017, 06:17 PM

The right of a PSA to obtain accurate info to aid in the decision process must be respected No coach shall provide false or misleading info

It's important to note that these are SEC bylaws, not NCAA rules.

Mimi's Babies
06-30-2017, 06:28 PM
It's important to note that these are SEC bylaws, not NCAA rules.

What can SEC powers at be do to sanction Om in the SEC??? If anything?

Dawgpile
06-30-2017, 06:37 PM

If it came to it, the conference can kick out a school for something as vague as "...incompatability with conference membership". At least, that's what I'm hoping for. Surely there's some kind of penalty structure for schools that violate the bylaws.

Cooterpoot
06-30-2017, 06:56 PM
I havent seen a beaver take a beating like this since my jr. prom date.

Bully13
06-30-2017, 07:06 PM

Were you just watching?

Cooterpoot
06-30-2017, 07:31 PM
Were you just watching?

Yep. I took 2 chics.

Political Hack
07-01-2017, 09:25 AM
Lied to the NCAA and PSA's? That's hilariously shortsighted.

Is there anybody he hasn't lied to?

starkvegasdawg
07-01-2017, 09:43 AM
Lied to the NCAA and PSA's? That's hilariously shortsighted.

Does his wife know about where he feed his hair cut? Speaking of that...does that qualify as a lesbian encounter since it involves two beavers?

dogshiek
07-01-2017, 09:46 AM
Beaver jokes always make me laugh.

Dawg61
07-01-2017, 10:52 AM

Satan

RutherfordBHayes
07-01-2017, 11:05 AM
They lied to everybody. They openly said that there was no NOA all the way up to signing day in 2016.

If I'm not mistaken Freeze avoided the question publicly, but he definitely told all the recruits that there was no allegations until after they signed. In those few weeks, their athletic department openly told media and boosters that there was no NOA.

That NOA is dated January 22 or 25. And the NCAA lets you know it's coming months out. They don't keep secrets. That was an outright, blatant lie. That's contemptible.

Bully13
07-01-2017, 11:22 AM
They lied to everybody. They openly said that there was no NOA all the way up to signing day in 2016.

If I'm not mistaken Freeze avoided the question publicly, but he definitely told all the recruits that there was no allegations until after they signed. In those few weeks, their athletic department openly told media and boosters that there was no NOA.

That NOA is dated January 22 or 25. And the NCAA lets you know it's coming months out. They don't keep secrets. That was an outright, blatant lie. That's contemptible.

so how does this play out in regards to TSUN suffering the consequences of this blatant and obvious lying? is there any prior precedent to go on here? what are the remedies to this deception? what recourse do the SA's, NCAA and the SEC have on this?

confucius say
07-01-2017, 11:39 AM

If anything, it would be to withhold funds most likely. Sec is not kicking out a charter member so people can stop with that

RutherfordBHayes
07-01-2017, 02:13 PM
so how does this play out in regards to TSUN suffering the consequences of this blatant and obvious lying? is there any prior precedent to go on here? what are the remedies to this deception? what recourse do the SA's, NCAA and the SEC have on this?There is no telling. Every case is different. Under the new rules, this is easily the most violations, the most level one violations, and some of the more egregious violations considering paying recruits, the number of coaches, and the number of boosters directly involved. Considering their initial denials, lawsuits, etc. if I were enforcement staff, I would be offended. .
Recent precedent shows a whole lot of suspensions and show causes thrown around at coaches. I'm not aware of much relevant precedent toward bowl bans and scholarship reductions.

Central Pork
07-01-2017, 03:50 PM
There is no telling. Every case is different. Under the new rules, this is easily the most violations, the most level one violations, and some of the more egregious violations considering paying recruits, the number of coaches, and the number of boosters directly involved. Considering their initial denials, lawsuits, etc. if I were enforcement staff, I would be offended. .
Recent precedent shows a whole lot of suspensions and show causes thrown around at coaches. I'm not aware of much relevant precedent toward bowl bans and scholarship reductions.

Mr. Hayes makes some valid points. The suspensions and show causes don't hurt the program that much. The bowl bans and scholarship reductions do. That is what they deserve based on the findings. I sure can't see why the NCAA would go easy on these guys. It would sure send a bad message.

Jack Lambert
07-01-2017, 04:04 PM

So you named your dick Beaver. I just call my dick.

Spiderman
07-01-2017, 04:24 PM
I know they light you up for not being truthful to NCAA, don't know if that applies to not being truthful to PSA's.

Recruiting IS lying. It's why I know Freeze's "Holier and Thou " act is bullshit. The best recruiters are the best liars, in any profession. Business, military, football, etc

Dawg50
07-01-2017, 05:03 PM

Why would such a program be honest with a recruit, when they have not been honest with all the old faithful fans/alumni/supporters about this investigation from the get go. Their message board sheep (especially a few homer everyone recognizes) haven't got a clue about the investigation, except that everything is going to be fine because a teenage recruit lied, other SEC schools lied and their fired coaches are responsible for all wrong doing (without Coach HF knowledge). Why are they protecting individual names of Boosters with all legal measures ? Why can't they just man up and move forward. Don't they realize that the NCAA is probably sick and tired of their delays/maneuvers.

Dolphus Raymond
07-01-2017, 05:24 PM
Mine is referred to as The Hose Of Horror.