PDA

View Full Version : Saw where Hutchinson signed with Mets

Lumpy Chucklelips
06-30-2017, 10:54 AM
That leaves us with a final tally of 6 signees signing pro and 4 coming to school. 4 juco/2HS sign pro, 4 HS coming to school.

confucius say
06-30-2017, 11:05 AM
Can someone break down who signed and who is coming to school? Thanks.

smootness
06-30-2017, 11:07 AM
Who are the 2 JUCOs not named Rivera or Bacon?

smootness
06-30-2017, 11:09 AM
Can someone break down who signed and who is coming to school? Thanks.

I know that Holmes, Rivera, Bacon, and Hutchinson have signed. Coming to school is a bunch of guys highlighted by Jordan Anderson, Chad Bryant, Owen Lovell, Josh Hatcher, and Tanner Allen.

Tripp McNeely
06-30-2017, 11:41 AM
When did Holmes sign?

HSVDawg
06-30-2017, 12:21 PM
That leaves us with a final tally of 6 signees signing pro and 4 coming to school. 4 juco/2HS sign pro, 4 HS coming to school.

Long story short....the draft screwed us big time

Big4Dawg
06-30-2017, 12:47 PM
I don't think it did. I think these 4 were all a long shot to sign. It didnt help us but I don't think anything happened unexpected.

HSVDawg
06-30-2017, 12:53 PM
I don't think it did. I think these 4 were all a long shot to sign. It didnt help us but I don't think anything happened unexpected.

Which 4? We lost 6 signees.

msbulldog
06-30-2017, 12:59 PM
Well pretty much what we expected.

confucius say
06-30-2017, 01:04 PM
In total, we signed 21. Lost 6. So that means 15 are coming. Of the 6 we lost, 4 were juco and 2 were HS.

msstate7
06-30-2017, 01:22 PM
In total, we signed 21. Lost 6. So that means 15 are coming. Of the 6 we lost, 4 were juco and 2 were HS.

What's the tally of current players we've lost?

confucius say
06-30-2017, 02:27 PM
What's the tally of current players we've lost?

To the draft? 6.

To drugs and being misfits? 4 I think (cyr, Elih, bragg, and plumlee)

To attrition? 2 I think (blaylock and Padgett).

Then rumors of Mahoney and ford.

smootness
06-30-2017, 02:44 PM
To the draft? 6.

Padgett left?

Tbonewannabe
06-30-2017, 02:47 PM
Padgett left?

Went to Chipola.

Todd4State
06-30-2017, 04:10 PM
To the draft? 6.

You mean Jolly- not Ford.

Todd4State
06-30-2017, 04:11 PM
Reed Smith and Hayden Marze are leaving as well.

The Federalist Engineer
06-30-2017, 07:24 PM
Maybe Blaze Jordan can get a GED this summer and skip HS, we need players.

Homedawg
06-30-2017, 10:09 PM
Went to Chipola.

Fact is had Padgett not had Tommy John last year he wouldn't have been back this year.

Okrastar1
06-30-2017, 11:25 PM
Went to Chipola.

Delicious burritos BTW.....

The Federalist Engineer
07-01-2017, 09:03 AM
Fact is had Padgett not had Tommy John last year he wouldn't have been back this year.

there was a pre- injury podcast he did from the Cape. He was pitching really well and dominating and he was exited about his coming year at MSU. So I don't agree

I will say this...this kid is focused on pro-ball and MSU/SEC/Omaha/Rivalries meant ZERO to him. Being a Chipola mercenary at a soulless commuter-centric junior college is perfect for him

cubswillwinitonedaydawg
07-01-2017, 12:55 PM
To the draft? 6.

Bragg? Hadn't heard anything on him other than he is playing summer ball

Todd4State
07-01-2017, 01:08 PM
there was a pre- injury podcast he did from the Cape. He was pitching really well and dominating and he was exited about his coming year at MSU. So I don't agree

I will say this...this kid is focused on pro-ball and MSU/SEC/Omaha/Rivalries meant ZERO to him. Being a Chipola mercenary at a soulless commuter-centric junior college is perfect for him

I heard he wanted to start and we saw him as a relief/closer type of pitcher. I can't see him beating out Pilkington, France, Billingsley, Ashcraft, McQuary, Self...and if Small is really throwing in the mid 90's as it is rumored he is he might be a darkhorse candidate for the rotation as well. All of those guys would be ahead of him right now. And maybe Noah Hughes and Parker Ford too depending on how healthy they are.

The Federalist Engineer
07-01-2017, 05:10 PM
I heard he wanted to start and we saw him as a relief/closer type of pitcher. I can't see him beating out Pilkington, France, Billingsley, Ashcraft, McQuary, Self...and if Small is really throwing in the mid 90's as it is rumored he is he might be a darkhorse candidate for the rotation as well. All of those guys would be ahead of him right now. And maybe Noah Hughes and Parker Ford too depending on how healthy they are.

Considering who started for us last year, it was probably wrong for the coaches to close the door on any pitcher in June about his coming role.

Someone is going go Vance Tatum and inexplicably stink. Someone is going to go Ryan Cyr and party his way out the door. Someone is going to go Paul Brown and not be able to get past an SEC third-inning.

Homedawg
07-01-2017, 05:26 PM
Considering who started for us last year, it was probably wrong for the coaches to close the door on any pitcher in June about his coming role.

Someone is going go Vance Tatum and inexplicably stink. Someone is going to go Ryan Cyr and party his way out the door. Someone is going to go Paul Brown and not be able to get past an SEC third-inning.
There are a lot of factors involved and it's not always something like "we don't want you back because we don't think you are a good pitcher." Some cases yes. But rarely is that the end all be all. Attitude, scholarship amount grades, just being a crappy person all come into play.

Todd4State
07-01-2017, 07:59 PM

I think it would be wrong to not be honest with him too. I think Cann is going to clean up a lot of the outside problems we've been having with the excessive partying and taking risks on JUCO guys that have injuries for no good reason. If we lie to him and say "yeah- you can start" and then the fall rolls around and he's doing nothing but coming out of the pen- he's going to still leave or he could cause problems.

One thing MLB scouts are pretty good about finding out is what kind of character a player has. And with Cann and Gautreau's connections I'm sure they can get a better idea of a player's make up with a couple of phone calls than Cohen could.

Let's just be glad that this didn't fester any worse than it did- a SR with the issues we had is something I will take at this point. Part of the transition that we're going through is getting players that are even more serious about baseball and winning championships and getting to MLB rather than going to MSU and partying it up while enjoying the perks of being a MSU baseball player.