PDA

View Full Version : Dudy Noble Field Seating Numbers

bulldogcountry1
06-28-2017, 03:59 PM
For some reason, our athletic department never published the seating totals for the new DNF. If they have, I haven't seen it. It's odd, because that it usually one of the main pieces of information that gets released.

Old DNF figures, per Hailstate.com:

4660 chairbacks
180 skybox chairbacks
2700 approx bleacher seats
_____

7200 total (yeah, I know that doesn't add up, but that's what is posted)

New DNF figure, per published plans (give or take):

3219 lower level chairbacks
1454 upper level chairbacks
315 Omaha Club chairbacks
200 Omaha Club seats other (approx.)
240 skybox chairbacks
_____

5428 total

So, the total reserve seating is going up by 580 or so, but total actual seating capacity is being reduced by nearly 1800, unless I am missing something. I don't understand why we are going with the berms. Seems like it would be a relatively small cost to just go ahead and put in more ground level chairbacks. After all, there's only going to be one section-worth of berm on the 3B side.

SaintDawg
06-28-2017, 04:07 PM
I don't like the berms either. I've already made my contribution to get chairbacks, but still... The berms could be more chairbacks. I don't get it. It looks nice yes, but it's wasted space IMO.

Homedawg
06-28-2017, 04:31 PM
I don't like the berms either. I've already made my contribution to get chairbacks, but still... The berms could be more chairbacks. I don't get it. It looks nice yes, but it's wasted space IMO.

They built it based on The demand for chair backs. Which, as you can imagine is great, until people have to write checks for em. Most people want to be able to come sit in a chair back and not have any cost associated with it. Just doesn't work.

AROB44
06-28-2017, 05:14 PM
They built it based on The demand for chair backs. Which, as you can imagine is great, until people have to write checks for em. Most people want to be able to come sit in a chair back and not have any cost associated with it. Just doesn't work.

^^^THIS^^^^ It never ceases to amaze me how much people can find to bitch about.

Steakonastick
06-28-2017, 05:54 PM
They are trying to make the stadium not look empty 80% of the time. They would build 20k chairbacks if the demand is there.

drummerdawg
06-28-2017, 06:41 PM
They are trying to make the stadium not look empty 80% of the time. They would build 20k chairbacks if the demand is there.

How would reducing the seats make the stadium not look as empty if the same percentage of season ticket holders that don't show up to games buy these new seats? All it's going to do is push more people to the grass areas to sit.

bulldogcountry1
06-28-2017, 07:07 PM

I've heard this repeated for over a year. Seems like terrible logic to care about what the stadium looks like during a midweek game AND to expect such a low turnout for the best stadium in college baseball.

RocketDawg
06-28-2017, 07:14 PM
How would reducing the seats make the stadium not look as empty if the same percentage of season ticket holders that don't show up to games buy these new seats? All it's going to do is push more people to the grass areas to sit.

I don't think I'd want to sit on potentially wet sod. Or on the grass at all, really.

msstatelp1
06-28-2017, 08:39 PM

I can only make a few games a year because of distance and work and honestly, if my only choice is SRO or berms, then I'll keep my ass at the house. If they don't want the stadium to look empty, then do something to allow people to use the 80% of seats that 80% of the season ticket holders aren't using.

IMissJack
06-28-2017, 09:17 PM
I can only make a few games a year because of distance and work and honestly, if my only choice is SRO or berms, then I'll keep my ass at the house. If they don't want the stadium to look empty, then do something to allow people to use the 80% of seats that 80% of the season ticket holders aren't using.

totally agree. Those of us out of towners will not come in to sit on the ground.

TUSK
06-28-2017, 10:13 PM
as y'all know, I know less than dick about the baseball.... but, unlike Boom, I do understand economics/statistics...

With the ridiculous crowds y'all get (~6-8k per game), why don't y'all just "build it, and let them come"... say 10,000 "chairbacks" and adjust pricing based on seating and seniority????

Edit: heck, just buy Ole Miss's football bleachers after they get put on probation and use them instead of sittin' on the ground...