PDA

View Full Version : NS - This has to be from the ambulance chasers up North.........

West Tn Dawg
06-27-2017, 08:37 PM
Unbelievable! (http://www.jsonline.com/story/money/business/retail/2017/06/21/whacked-4-x-4-menards-home-depot-face-lawsuits-over-descriptions-lumber-size/405300001/)

RocketDawg
06-27-2017, 08:41 PM
What was the story? ... link either doesn't work or the story was removed. It links to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel?

West Tn Dawg
06-27-2017, 09:08 PM
What was the story? ... link either doesn't work or the story was removed. It links to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel?

Fixed it. Thanks

Jack Lambert
06-27-2017, 09:16 PM
This will get thrown out. If a stupid son of a bitch doesn't know wood boards are smaller then what they are called shouldn't be using lumber. Plus I hope the person suing has deep pockets. I am sure Home Depot does. However the lawyer might just be trying to get a quick hit on some money hoping Home Depot just settle to make it go away.

Coackjek
06-27-2017, 09:49 PM
This will get thrown out. If a stupid son of a bitch doesn't know wood boards are smaller then what they are called shouldn't be using lumber. Plus I hope the person suing has deep pockets. I am sure Home Depot does. However the lawyer might just be trying to get a quick hit on some money hoping Home Depot just settle to make it go away.

I hope it gets thrown out as well but something's telling there will at least be a settlement out of court to make it go away.

msbulldog
06-28-2017, 06:07 AM
Every lumber co. in the world is guilty, 4 x 4 means rough cut size, not finished size.

RocketDawg
06-28-2017, 06:15 AM
Every lumber co. in the world is guilty, 4 x 4 means rough cut size, not finished size.

I thought that was common knowledge by everybody, not just those in the construction business. It's been that way all my life. It's possible that originally there was some deceptive intent, but certainly not now.

Maroonandwhite
06-28-2017, 06:58 AM
Those plaintiff(s) is/are pure moron(s). The green and dried measurements have been industry standards for over 100 years. None of the retailers, wholesalers, or sawmills have cheated anyone. That lawsuit is as frivolous as they come. I hope they get laughed out of court. If home deport or lowes are guilty,everyone is. They need a basic forestry professor to explain saw kerf, planing, and the drying process. Simply stupid.