PDA

View Full Version : More points of light..

Bothrops
09-15-2013, 02:17 PM
Game/Player observations

Dak gave us a look into the future, and I like what I see. Just need a couple more speedsters in our offense.

The o-line played ...somewhat better.

ROJO was working very hard last night.

Skinner is faster than he was last year.

Ritchie Brown is getting better every game.

Chris Jones is awesome and gets doubled up.

Preston Smith has been impressive. Good player

D-line is much much better than last year.

My questions/concerns..

We have got to get more receivers involved in the offense!!!!!!!!

It's obvious Whitley never recovered 100 percent from injury. His physical presence is not the same as it used be. But he does have good hands and an eye for the ball. A ton of experience.

We haven't we gotten Holloway more involved by now?

What happened to our TEs?? I've heard that Samuel has good hands..so where's he been? M. Johnson could have had a big game last night, he didn't. Why not?

CadaverDawg
09-15-2013, 02:29 PM
All of your personnel questions can be answered by pointing to Mullen. We never go back to a play that works well, and we don't get Malcolm involved even thou he is one of our biggest mismatches game to game. Holloway got some touches last night, but he is so small and weak, I worry that he can have the ball ripped from him...but maybe not.

I agree wi everything you said though

Martianlander
09-15-2013, 05:28 PM
Shouldn't we see more of Schumpert since we burned his redshirt.

msstate7
09-15-2013, 05:30 PM

Shump didnt make a good case for himself last night.

msstate7
09-15-2013, 05:31 PM

After seeing our secondary last night shump could be better used as a safety

Drugdog
09-15-2013, 05:33 PM
He got 1 carry. How can u judge him off that?

msstate7
09-15-2013, 05:34 PM
He got 1 carry. How can u judge him off that?

The fumble

CJDAWG85
09-15-2013, 05:38 PM
That was Dak and JRob

msstate7
09-15-2013, 05:43 PM
That was Dak and JRob

Thought it was shump. My apologizes

TopDog58
09-15-2013, 07:12 PM
I don't think it speaks very well of Mullen's evaluation or playcalling, when we continually fail to get players involved in the offense. We go get a JUCO receiver, he doesn't see the field. Morrow can't catch a cold and he continues to play. They have no idea how to utilize the RB group. It's like Dan has this playbook and has no idea how to match it up with the players he has. Or he refuses to call plays while continuing to play the youth/inexperience card.

Look what Mississippi has done. The first game out of the gate, they got Treadwell touches. Hell, he caught like 10 passes on 8 screens but they found a way to get a playmaker the ball. We continue to run long developing routes, and for the 4th year in a row we can't get anybody open. Did slants and screens get taken out of the Spread the Fun playbook? We have nothing but crosses and hitches that our QBs stand back there like statues waiting for them to develop. It's ridiculous and if it continues we won't win an SEC game outside of Kentucky.

starkvegasdawg
09-15-2013, 07:23 PM
Look what Mississippi has done. The first game out of the gate, they got Treadwell touches. Hell, he caught like 10 passes on 8 screens but they found a way to get a playmaker the ball.

Didn't you know? Vandy had no answer for Treadwell according to millon.

cheewgumm
09-15-2013, 08:17 PM
I really like our players...they are talented. No problems there, IMO. They play hard and have ability.

Coach 57
09-15-2013, 09:56 PM
The last two games Morrow has actually looked pretty good.

msstate7
09-15-2013, 10:00 PM
The last two games Morrow has actually looked pretty good.

His career has a pulse. I thought it was over 2 weeks ago

TopDog58
09-15-2013, 11:02 PM
Now that I go back and calm down after that choke job yesterday, it hit me. We are undefeated at home! If we run the table at DWS and snatch one on the road at A&M or Arkansas, we are looking at another 8 win season!!!

msstate7
09-15-2013, 11:04 PM
Now that I go back and calm down after that choke job yesterday, it hit me. We are undefeated at home! If we run the table at DWS and snatch one on the road at A&M or Arkansas, we are looking at another 8 win season!!!

Troy, lsu, BG, Kentucky, Alabama, and OM --- no problem.