PDA

View Full Version : Reed Smith @ Catawba Valley Stars - For Summer Ball

The Federalist Engineer
06-25-2017, 11:55 PM
http://www.hometeamsonline.com/teams/default.asp?u=CATAWBAVALLEYSTARS&s=baseball&p=profile&sportsHQ=undefined&playerID=665950

The stats are not meaningful, but it says "Reeder Smith" plays for Mississippi State. This is a PG 10-Rated player that we evidently red-shirted but somehow disappeared from our roster page

Check out the roster:

http://www.hailstate.com/roster.aspx?path=baseball

Todd4State
06-26-2017, 02:09 AM
If anyone redshirted on our team this year with all of the known depth issues we were going to have, it's probably safe to assume that they either had Tommy John surgery or they aren't coming back.

I might be wrong about this- but I thought he got into some trouble in the fall when Cohen was still here? Don't hold me to that.

Steakonastick
06-26-2017, 07:26 AM
He won't be back

raymond21
06-26-2017, 07:47 AM
Another one that won't be back

smootness
06-26-2017, 08:02 AM
That stings.

msstate7
06-26-2017, 08:25 AM
Another one that won't be back

Next season could be rough offensively. We're having to replace a lot of production. Really need some of the TJ boys to be healthy and play well. If we win next season, we win with pitching

JimmyMcNulty
06-26-2017, 09:41 AM
He's done. Multiple failed drug tests. He's not the only one. There were double digit failed tests this past fall

The Federalist Engineer
06-26-2017, 09:42 AM
This sucks, we have to trust our coach but this turns the 2016 position player recruiting class into an official Chernobyl-Hindenburg-Titanic-Union Carbide Disaster

Unless Skelton becomes Buster Posey we have no junior class on the field in 2019. The 2018 freshmen will have to be good or bust.

Randolph Dupree
06-26-2017, 09:46 AM
Next season could be rough offensively. We're having to replace a lot of production. Really need some of the TJ boys to be healthy and play well. If we win next season, we win with pitching

Bragg was probably our best option for a true power hitter but the guy just couldn't get his act together. I think we will be ok offensively next year. Vansau and Mac came on strong at the end of the year and I expect Belmont to produce...too much potential there.

I seen it dawg
06-26-2017, 02:15 PM
He's done. Multiple failed drug tests. He's not the only one. There were double digit failed tests this past fall

**** em all then. Will be better without them.

HoopsDawg
06-26-2017, 02:42 PM
**** em all then. Will be better without them.

Need to stop testing for weed. Every one smokes weed in college and probably most of the guys in MLB do to.

Todd4State
06-26-2017, 02:46 PM
Need to stop testing for weed. Every one smokes weed in college and probably most of the guys in MLB do to.

As long as it is against team rules our players need to not do it. If they need to smoke something smoke a cigarette or a cigar.

I seen it dawg
06-26-2017, 06:33 PM

Until they do, and if you want to play baseball in college, stop ****ing smoking weed. How hard is it? It's not like these ****ers have cataracts.

msbulldog
06-26-2017, 07:17 PM
If you are facing random and other structured drug tests, it does not take a genius to figure out what you need to do to achieve your goals

dawgoneyall
06-26-2017, 09:19 PM
Until they do, and if you want to play baseball in college, stop ****ing smoking weed. How hard is it? It's not like these ****ers have cataracts.

Glaucoma....but see your point
Can't follow team rules.....be gone

I seen it dawg
06-26-2017, 10:05 PM
Glaucoma....but see your point
Can't follow team rules.....be gone

Yes I know. Bernie Mac....Friday....little somethin for my cataracts