PDA

View Full Version : The "now that I've calmed down" thread...

CadaverDawg
09-15-2013, 01:02 PM
First of all, to anyone tweeting trash at players...grow the hell up.

Secondly, we all know that last night was all on the coaching staff, and Mullen in particular. That being said, we are Mississippi State so we can't just go canning someone because they choked like a little girl in a big game. However, we CAN hold them accountable, and I think the reactions last night got Mullen's attention.

I have been looking forward to next year for a while now because we will have Dak, a good Oline, good Defense, and great RB's. plus experienced WR's. So I am going to get out of the "fire his ass" camp that I was in last night, and get into the "you've got one more season to get it right" camp. Next year we will suck if we change coaches and philosophies, because this team is built for Dan next year. He needs to wake up though and start playing to win. Never take your foot off the gas. This is the SEC, so nobody is going to just quit.... You gotta keep pressing.

Hopefully we can find a way to upset somebody and then win the games we should plus Ark and OM, and maybe squeak into a bowl game. I doubt it, but that's what I'm going to be pulling for the rest of this season. But most of all, I just want to see us improve and for Mullen's mistakes to diminish and to see that he is learning from his major screw ups.

And for goodness sake, can we not have everybody blaming players. The coach lost us the game last night. He can take the criticism because he is getting paid millions to NOT pull shit like he did last night. The players deserve our continued support regardless of whether you agree wi my stance on this or not. And while I don't like tweeting at players, it may not be a bad idea to throw a tweet their way today showing support, or at least have someone make a thread on here about it or something. Fans tweeting negative shit at players is just plain embarrassing and stupid, and it makes me feel like we deserve to have a bad football team if that's how we're going to act.

And I know, I was going off last night on here too, so I'm not excluding myself. I think Bell was the only player I bashed though, but I have always been told that kickers aren't like real players***

Okrastar1
09-15-2013, 01:06 PM
I would rather lose watching us try to win, rather than
Watching us lose trying not to lose! I do wish the energetic Dan Mullen would come back rather than the passive play sheet chewer...

Relf2.0
09-15-2013, 01:13 PM
We should destroy Arkansas and Ole Miss they haven't played anyone and they'll be exposed soon enough.

corona con lima
09-15-2013, 01:26 PM
We should destroy Arkansas and Ole Miss they haven't played anyone and they'll be exposed soon enough.

We should have destroyed Auburn.

starkvegasdawg
09-15-2013, 01:29 PM
Agree completely on this being completely on the coaches. The players played their hearts out. They came close to winning in spite of The Visor. He cost us that game and that is where my anger rests.

WeWillScrewItUp
09-15-2013, 01:40 PM
124 even after calming down this is how this team makes me feel and I assume most of y'all feel the same way.

bocfarm
09-15-2013, 01:58 PM

We won't "destroy" anyone in the sec this yr and sure as hell not om.

That's a fact

HereComesTheSpiral
09-15-2013, 02:27 PM
The last 6 games will determine one more year, or shit can Dan this year. Look like last year down the strectch, it's time to go. Look competitive, I'll go with one more year. Really getting frustrating to stand behind this staff.